35 replies to this topic

#1 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

This thread is where you can make an opinionated statement about (within reason ... certainly not about other members unless it's super positive .. this isn't to flame others). Could be related politics, news, beliefs,IVF, healthcare, the economy, relationships, work , yourself.. just about anything. You can either ask a question or make a statement that begins with "Tell Me I'm Wrong.. " or respond to one, or both.

I will start.

Tell Me I'm Wrong, my new avatar is a soothing magnet of friendliness.

#2 Vetter

Vetter
  • 1000+
  • 1157 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'll bite -- RICK YOU'RE WRONG. That avatar picture (that I've now also stolen as mine) is about as fake as they come. First off, the guy is over 50, over botoxed, has a hideous comb-over, and who wears a starched tee shirt? The woman looks like a nurse.

Clearly NOT a IVF couple because they're still smiling.

ROFL!!!!!!
  • Rick and gibasgirl like this

#3 Kellyanne

Kellyanne
  • Global 100+
  • 803 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

I don't know.. I do feel sort of feel happy when I look at that picture. Maybe it's because I have created my own story about that couple. The women clearly is smiling because she has a raging yeast infection that she has just shared with her husband, and he's just happy that he finally got some.
  • Rick, leigh14 and gibasgirl like this
Me:30 Dh:30
TTC: 5 years
pcos/mfi

2009:
2 injectable iui's
1 ivf
1 fet

2010:
ttc break
Lost 70lbs
June 7th: BFP! holy cow!
June 9th:Beta 84!
June 11th:Beta 228!
June 13th:Beta 531!
June 16th:Beta 1404!
June 17th US:Gestational Sac!
June 22nd: started spotting-beta 10681
Feb 8th:Isaac was born! 8lbs =)

#4 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Tell Me I'm Wrong, Julie looks great all smiles and without that Brett Favre jersey?
  • gibasgirl likes this

#5 Vetter

Vetter
  • 1000+
  • 1157 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Jealous Rick?!? I know you've been trying to get my Favre jersey for years now.

Rainbow Rob looks like a dentist....
  • gibasgirl likes this

#6 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

I have a John Elway jersey.

Jealous Rick?!? I know you've been trying to get my Favre jersey for years now.

Rainbow Rob looks like a dentist....

#7 Vetter

Vetter
  • 1000+
  • 1157 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Well good for you!!! LOL

#8 Valasia

Valasia
  • Cyclebase
  • 664 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

They are way too happy and have too perfect teeth. I think it insinuate that the majority of couples seeking fertility treatments are older.
  • gibasgirl likes this
Me: 35 DH: 39
PCOS Mild MFI
IUI#1 September 2006 Clomid 100mg & Trigger BFP MMC 8w2d
IUI#2 January 2007 Clomid 100mg & Trigger BFN
IUI#3 February 2007 Gonal F 112.5iu BFP DS born @ 37w5d 10/31/07
IUI#4 August 2009 Gonal F 112.5iu BFP DS born @ 20w6d 01/09/10
IUI#5 June 2010 Gonal F 112.5iu Canceled due to over-stimulation
IUI#5 Take 2 August 2010 Puregon 100iu/50iu Canceled due to over-stimulation
IUI#5 Take 3 November 2010 Puregon 75iu BFN
IUI#6 December 2010 75iu Gonal F BFN
January 2011 Clomid 100mg and TI O cd 28 BFP!!! MMC 9w4d
IUI#7 Gonal F 75iu May 2011 BFN
IUI#8 Gonal F 75iu June 2011 BFN
IUI#9 Gonal F 75iu July 2011 BFN
IVF#1 Jan/Feb/Mar 2012
Jan 9 AFC >12 on each ovary
Jan 17 SIS all good
Feb 4 CD 1
Feb 6 CD 3 put in new Nuva Ring
Feb 24 CD 21 baseline u/s & b/w
Feb 29 start stims 300iu Menopur
Mar 4 u/s & b/w Lining 8mm RS 9x2, 10, 11x2, 15x2 LS 10x2, 11, 12x2, 14, 15, 16 Continue Menopur 300iu, add Orgalutron
Mar 6 u/s & b/w Lots of follies biggest at 21, E2 >8000 Lower Menopur to 150iu, continue Orgalutron
Mar 7 b/w E2 >9000 meds stay the same
Mar 8 u/s & b/w Lining 11mm 18 Mature follies, HCG trigger 8:30 pm
Mar 10 ER 8:30 am 17 eggs retrieved
Mar 11 found out only 8 eggs were mature and only 4 fertilized
Mar 13 3dt 1, 6 celled embryo
Mar 24 BFN
April 2012 100mg Clomid, O cd 20, BFP 11dpo 20/05/12.....Seriously unbelievable!!!
15 dpo HCG 103 23 dpo HCG 15 MC
IUI#10 Puregon 100iu April 2013 BFN
June 27, 2013 Placed with Little C born October 2011. Adoption finalized August 2014.

#9 Lisa1995

Lisa1995
  • 1000+
  • 1417 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:was Lifequest, now Markham

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think they look like they belong to some religious cult. Too shiny and happy with glazed over eyes. "We love the leader" (old Simpsons reference for those who are fans)....
  • leigh14 and gibasgirl like this

TTC #1: starting in Feb 2005 "unexplained" (immune issues, elevated NK cells, 2 heterozygous MTHFR and 2 heterozygous thrombophilias - Factor XIII and PAI-1 mutations)
me-42, DH-42, married since 1995!
Tried: Naturopath, Chinese herbs, Acupuncture, Homeopathy
4 un-medicated IUI's BFN
IVF # 1 18 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 8 out of 16 fertilized (1/2 ICSI, half IVF), 5 made it to day 5 blast, transferred two, froze 3
first ever BFP m/c
FET #1 medicated, transferred two, started spotting 2 days later, full blown AF 5 days later (decided I don't react well to Estrace, will do natural frozen next time) BFN
FET #2 natural (but still with progesterone (crinone) support, transferred last blast from IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 16 eggs retrieved, decided not to do ICSI this time since cycle #1 showed eggs could fertilize on their own, only 3 fertilized! None made it to blast for transfer no transfer! Disaster!
IVF #3 decided to add some repronex to the stims and do all ICSI. 18 eggs, 17 mature and 15 fertilized, 8 made it to day 5 blast. Transferred two blasts, froze 6 BFN
FET#3 added 3 HCG booster shots and doubled up on the crinone to prevent me from spotting early (as I often do), transferred 2 blasts, no spotting but a BFN anyway
FET #4- added ovidral just before my natural ovulation so they could pin point it more accurately with the 36 hour window, HCG shots again, plus double crinone BFN
January 2009 Consult with new RE in Markham - he finds a small septum, resected April 29, 09 - tells me to now try my last two frozen blasts
FET #5 - ET scheduled for June 15 (natural cycle with trigger, HCG booster and crinone) - BFN
On to Plan B- Switch clinic to Markham for
#4 Fresh IVF with IVIg, exploring immune testing - start BCP Sept 20. ER around week of Oct. 25
9 eggs retrieved, 1 immature, 1 fractured. 7 to work with. 4 out of 7 fertilized (Day 3: 1 8 cell grade 1, 2 8 cell grade 2 and 1 morula). Day 5 transferred 1 great blast and 1 morula (1 morula and 1 10 cell did not make it to freezing).
Beta Nov. 11 - BFP! (550) I am in shock!
Issues with spotting, Nov 20, second beta 11,000 and early ultrasound: saw gestational sac and yolk sac in the right place but concern about a cyst or possible ectopic near my ovary as well, 4 more ultrasounds over a 10 day period, last ultrasound on Dec. 2 'cyst' has not grown and baby measuring on target at 7wks, 1day with a heart beat of 153bpm.
Now taking Lovenox due to 2 heterozygous thrombophilias
Ultrasound on Dec. 18 (9 weeks, 5 days) baby on track, hb 167
Ultrasound on Dec. 22 due to extra heavy spotting, baby still measuring on track, hb 167 and dancing
Ultrasound on Jan. 8 (12 weeks, 5 days) baby on track, hb 160, baby doing crunches!
18 week anatomy scan scheduled for Feb. 16 - they lost my blood work for the second part of the IPS so no results for that today (they took blood again) but the 18 week scan went great, baby looked awesome and even gave us a little wave in between sucking her thumb and inspecting her toes. Yes, I said "her" - it's a little girl!
20 week ultrasound at Mt. Sinai and they agree, so far so good.
IPS results are in and they are excellent!
EDD: July 19, 2010
Baby girl arrived at 39 weeks, 2 days! July 14, 2010 3:12 am, weighing 7 pounds even.
May 2013 - The IVF Journey continues...one last try to see if a sibling is in the cards...
Did LIT, IVIg, Lovenox and low dose aspirin. 5 eggs retrieved, 1 immature, 1 fractured, 3 to work with, 2 fertilized with ICSI.
June 5, day 3 transfer of 2 8 cell grade 2 embryos.BFN
April 2014, one very last try - natural IVF with intralipids this time, 2! dominant follicles, 2 mature eggs retrieved, both fertilize with ICSI, day 3 transfer scheduled for April 13, transferred 1 8-cell grade one and 1 6-cell grade one (also using Lovenox and low dose ASA) -BFN, we are really done, not sure if it is now my immune system, or old eggs now too.

#10 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

OK, check the homepage.

Tell Me I'm Wrong, it's too depressing.

#11 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Tell me I'm wrong... But the new photo belongs on a suicide prevention site...
  • Rick, smc and leigh14 like this

#12 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Good one GG.
  • gibasgirl likes this

#13 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

Sticking with Rainbow Rob and his lady.

#14 impatient

impatient
  • Cyclebase
  • 2816 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:public adoption

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Okay, the lady is more human-looking, BUT way too old and way too depressed.

Maybe something in the middle between suicide prevention and brainwashed cult? Posted Image
Me: 41, DH: 44
TTC: since Jan, 2008 (age 34)

DH: Low morphology, low count. Me: Stage 2-3 endometriosis, non-functional fallopian tubes, small fibroids, low AFC, low poor responder ... anything else?

Jun 2008-Sep 2011 in a nutshell: One HSG, one very traumatic office hysteroscopy, one operative laparoscopy, three fresh IVF/ICSI cycles, one chemical, one early miscarriage, two tubal recanalizations, five IUIs (3 with Clomid).

May 2010 - Aug 2011 Attempted adoption application process through the BC MCFD. Aug 2011 Signed up with a private agency. On both waiting lists as of Apr 2012. Proposal through MCFD Jul 2012. Aug 2012 - Finally ... she's home and we're a family! : )

Adoption application #2 started Aug 2013. DD2 placed May 2014, finalized Feb 2015!

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas Edison

#15 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Tell me I'm wrong, I must be getting old.

Okay, the lady is more human-looking, BUT way too old and way too depressed.

Maybe something in the middle between suicide prevention and brainwashed cult? Posted Image

#16 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Tell me I'm wrong but the concept of "old" is fluid and relative. I remember when 17 seemed old (I was 6), then 20 seemed old (I was 9), then 25, then 30, then, then, then....It depends on how close you are to the number in question. lol

#17 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1454 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think these people have been abducted by aliens and are exhibiting fake human-like qualities because they are being controlled through anal probes by extraterrestrials.

Also, I think that the woman's plastered on smile bears considerable resemblance to the plastered-on smile of the woman in the Puregon.com video (you know the one....she looks SO happy to be injecting herself in her ridiculously taut tummy) suggesting that, she too, is being controlled by aliens through an anal probe.
  • gibasgirl likes this
Me: 40
Dx: DH: Vasectomy; need IVF/ICSI ME: D.O.R. and many immunological issues. (Initially presented as "normal" but issues were only discovered after IVF attempt #2 and #3 after testing at new clinic)
IVF attempt #1 Nov.2009, Age 37: Long "Lupron" protocol
Dec.2009: Cycle cancelled due to oversuppression
IVF attempt #2, Age 38: April 2010: 3 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, ET of 2 embryos BFN
IVF atempt #3 at new clinic: November 2010, Age 38: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized, ET of 2 blastocysts BFP
Strong beta numbers but babies not measuring on track but one heartbeat is present. Followup u/s reveals no HB's :( Had D&C--so sad.
Moved to new clinic closer to home + more of a focus on testing for potential immunological factors:
Further testing reveals three mutations related to inherited thrombophilia (2 MTHFR mutations and PA1-1 mutation), positive ANA, elevated NK cells and cytokines and low levels of leukocyte antibodies (LADS), Recommended Immunological treatment: Humira, LIT, IVig and blood thinners if PG
IVF Protocol: Low stim for me/ TESE needed for DH; took Humira in late August and early September; taking DHEA plus Co-Enzyme Q10, vitamins for DH just for good measure! September--two trips to Mexico for LIT treatment, treatments 3 weeks apart
Initial re-testing through Alan Beer Centre after some of the immune treatments reveals only cytokines were lowered, NKs still high and LAD numbers still low. Another LIT in Mexico is recommended. We decide to begin cycle on doctor's recommendation of just doing IVIG.
IVF#4, Age 39 : November 2011: Worst AFC EVER--a whopping 4! Three follicles responded, two eggs were retrieved. Three day transfer of two Grade 1 8 cell embryos: "Fahita" & "Burrito" Stick, stick, stick little ones!
BFP! Beta of 569
Viability u/s at 6 w 2d shows TWO babies measuring on track with heartbeats of 121. Looks like babies might be sharing the same amniotic sac.
Second u/s at 7w 2 d shows ONE baby with hb of 150, measuring 7 w 3 days. No sign of twin. Vanishing twin syndrome?
Third u/s at 8 w 2d shows ONE baby with hb of 170, measuring 8 w 3 days. Looks like a little jellybean!
12 week u/s at 12 w 2 days and baby is measuring 12 w 5 days with a heart beat of 150. Baby mooned us and waved at us with one hand....looked like a "royal" wave to me!
13 week doctor's appointment, HB=155 on doppler
14 week u/s to check cervix, HB=148
16 week u/s to check cervix, HB=138, baby had hiccups!
20 week u/s--everything looks good! HB=130, looks like we're having a GIRL!
IPS results very good!
39 weeks: Our baby girl arrived!!! She is healthy and beautiful! We are so happy! :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

#18 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1454 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

The people in the picture don't look old to me...heavily botoxed perhaps, but not old. :)
  • gibasgirl likes this
Dx: DH: Vasectomy; need IVF/ICSI ME: D.O.R. and many immunological issues. (Initially presented as "normal" but issues were only discovered after IVF attempt #2 and #3 after testing at new clinic)
IVF attempt #2, Age 38: April 2010: 3 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, ET of 2 embryos BFN
IVF atempt #3 at new clinic: November 2010, Age 38: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized, ET of 2 blastocysts BFP
Strong beta numbers but babies not measuring on track but one heartbeat is present. Followup u/s reveals no HB's :( Had D&C--so sad.
Moved to new clinic closer to home + more of a focus on testing for potential immunological factors:
Further testing reveals three mutations related to inherited thrombophilia (2 MTHFR mutations and PA1-1 mutation), positive ANA, elevated NK cells and cytokines and low levels of leukocyte antibodies (LADS), Recommended Immunological treatment: Humira, LIT, IVig and blood thinners if PG
IVF Protocol: Low stim for me/ TESE needed for DH; took Humira in late August and early September; taking DHEA plus Co-Enzyme Q10, vitamins for DH just for good measure! September--two trips to Mexico for LIT treatment, treatments 3 weeks apart
Initial re-testing through Alan Beer Centre after some of the immune treatments reveals only cytokines were lowered, NKs still high and LAD numbers still low. Another LIT in Mexico is recommended. We decide to begin cycle on doctor's recommendation of just doing IVIG.
IVF#4, Age 39 : November 2011: Worst AFC EVER--a whopping 4! Three follicles responded, two eggs were retrieved. Three day transfer of two Grade 1 8 cell embryos: "Fahita" & "Burrito" Stick, stick, stick little ones!
BFP! Beta of 569
Viability u/s at 6 w 2d shows TWO babies measuring on track with heartbeats of 121. Looks like babies might be sharing the same amniotic sac.
Second u/s at 7w 2 d shows ONE baby with hb of 150, measuring 7 w 3 days. No sign of twin. Vanishing twin syndrome?
Third u/s at 8 w 2d shows ONE baby with hb of 170, measuring 8 w 3 days. Looks like a little jellybean!
12 week u/s at 12 w 2 days and baby is measuring 12 w 5 days with a heart beat of 150. Baby mooned us and waved at us with one hand....looked like a "royal" wave to me!
IPS results very good!
39 weeks: Our baby girl arrived!!! She is healthy and beautiful! We are so happy! :)

#19 ---

---
  • 1000+
  • 1668 posts
  • Interests:recovering from pretentious nonsense

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

"is being controlled by aliens through an anal probe. "lol. That was a good chuckle tonight.
S
  • gibasgirl likes this

#20 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Tell me I'm wrong, no man has ever been botoxed?

#21 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1454 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Oh Rick, Rick.... I think there are a lot of botoxed guys out there. Have you seen Bruce Jenner? He's had bad plastic surgery plus I think that he indulges in way too much botox along with his Kardashian step-daughters. He has no expression on his face. He's taken it way too far!

Even outside of the celebrity world, I think that it is becoming more common place too. My girlfriend worked for a Principal in the school system who was obsessed with being young. I met him at a party once and he looked like the Doogie Howser of Principals. I couldn't even imagine a kid being in his office because the Principal looked like...14. Apparently he had botox parties for his staff too. He was not hooked on phonics, but hooked on botox instead! :)
BFP! Beta of 569
IPS results very good!

#22 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Bad news, Rick.

Tell me I'm wrong, but methinks this man has seen the business-end of a botox needle once or twice.

Posted Image

#23 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1454 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Oh yes, G.G. Barry Manilow is the poster boy for Botox. Yikes....he's taken it a little far!
BFP! Beta of 569
IPS results very good!

#24 Kellyanne

Kellyanne
  • Global 100+
  • 803 posts
  • My Clinic:Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

It's actual a growing trend that is being called Bro-Tox
  • leigh14 and gibasgirl like this
Me:30 Dh:30
TTC: 5 years
pcos/mfi

2009:
2 injectable iui's
1 ivf
1 fet

2010:
ttc break
Lost 70lbs
June 7th: BFP! holy cow!
June 9th:Beta 84!
June 11th:Beta 228!
June 13th:Beta 531!
June 16th:Beta 1404!
June 17th US:Gestational Sac!
June 22nd: started spotting-beta 10681
Feb 8th:Isaac was born! 8lbs =)

#25 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's actual a growing trend that is being called Bro-Tox

LOL. I must use that in a sentence tomorrow. Love it! :)