8 replies to this topic

#1 RR2009

RR2009
  • Cyclebase
  • 189 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Could anyone kindly refer me to an excellent acupuncture clinic (specializing in fertility) in woodbrigde/Vaughan?
Thank you!
TTC June 2008
DH and myself - 31 years old
Male Factor (low morphology)
HSG - no spillage
3D ultrasound - normal
Sonohysterogram - normal uterine shape but no spillage in tubes.
FSH Day 3 - Borderline (10&11&13)
AFC - 15, 13, 9 (decreasing over a period of 6 months)

IVF/ICSI#1 Long Protocol
July 5, 2009 - start Marvelon BCP; FSH = 11; AFC#2 - 13
August 10, 2009 - cycle CANCELLED - oversupression

Sept 12, 2009 IVF/ICSI Antagonist Protocol - No OCP - CANCELLED due to CYST

IVF/ICSI #2 Antagonist Protocol
October 24, 2009 IVF/ICSI - Start Puregon 350IU, NO OCP, FSH 13, AFC 9
October 30,2009 - start cetrotide 0.25mg
Nov. 6 ER 7 eggs, 4 Mature, 2 Fertilized
Nov. 9 ET Day 3 --- 2 embryos, Grade 2, 8 cell; Grade 3, 6 cell (both with assisted hatching)
November 20 Beta #1 - 157
Novebmer 23 Beta #2 - 773
November 28 Beta #3 - over 4000
Dec. 7 Beta #4 - 37200 (spotting)
Dec. 7 Ultrasound - heartbeat detected.
Dec. 9 Ultrasound - 119 bpm, CRL 6.06mm
Dec. 14 Spotting
Dec. 15 Beta 116 000
Dec. 18 Spotting
Dec. 20-21 Spotting
Dec. 20 Beta 189 000
Dec. 23 Ultrasound = 165bpm, measuring @ 8wks3days CRL 18mm
Jan. 15 NT Scan looks good so far. IPS screening yet to come
March 9 - anatomy scan - it's a girl!!!
July 27, 2010 - DD Born!

May 2011 - Trying for #2 IVF #2 - BFN
Aug 2011 IVF#3 - Miscarriage - Blighted Ovum
Nov. 2011 FET - 1 day 6 blast 4cc - BFN
March 2012 IVF #4 ---fouth and final (maybe not final)
April 2012 - Transferred 3 good quality day 3 embryos - BFN
June 2012 - FET 1 Day 5 Blast.

#2 Jozie

Jozie
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Procrea - Vaughan

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Total Wellness now has a clinic located in the Procrea Fertility Centre. Total Wellness specializes in fertility. The address is 955 Major Mackenzie Rd.(at Bathurst) Good luck!

#3 hockeybabe13

hockeybabe13
  • Cyclebase
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Having a baby!!! lol
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Astra Fertlity Centre

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

I see a naturopath in Maple who has a lot of experience with infertility and does accupuncture. Her name is Dr. Zar Popal. She is at the Maple Health care clinic at Major Mackenzie / Keele st. http://www.maplehealthcare.com/

I see her and highly recommend her.
Hope this helps you!

Me: 31 DH: 37
Me: PCOS, Endometriosis, Insulin Resistance
DH: Severe male factor

IVF#1 Sept 2009 with ICSI
Oct 9 BFN :*(

IVF #2 February 1, 2010
Beta Feb 27 BFP!!! 207
Beta #2 326
Beta #3 654
First 6 wk U/S March 15th - 2 sacs seen, but only one baby with hb of 110bpm
U/S #2 April 7 - One perfect little peanut, HB 163bpm
Anatomy scan June 9 - It's a GIRL!!!
Complete placenta previa at 32 and 36 wks
Scheduled C-section Oct 27, Water broke Oct 23.
Baby Sophia Faith born via c-section October 23, 2010 at 38w 1d

IVF #3 June 13 2012
Beta July 9 69.5

Beta#2 62
Beta#3 21....Bye little one - chemical

IVF#4 October 27 2012
Beta Nov 25 BFN

IVF#5 April 28 2013
Beta #1 May 26 104

Beta#2 May 28 176

1st Ultrasound 6w3d - one baby

2nd Ultrasound 8w3d - no h/b (d&c to be done) 

Bye my little one

#4 Happy Mom

Happy Mom
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I saw an excellent acupuncturist in the Oakville area. His name is Dr. Mort Neek. I noticed that he also has an office in Woodbridge. He is specialized in Infertility and IVF or IUI acupuncture, and practices traditional Chinese medicine as well. When I had my infertility challenge I saw him and found him very approachable and knowledgeable. My acupuncture sessions were always excellent and herbs were not too bad either. He helped us concieve and his treatments worked well with our IVF plan. I have already recommended him to a couple of my friends and they have been happy too. Here is a link to his website just in case: http://www.tcmclineek.com Good luck...

#5 august

august
  • Global 100+
  • 538 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Center

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

I go to an AMAZING acupuncturist. His name is Sako... He specializes in creating a treatment plan that is based on your individual needs...
He is also a teacher at one of the Chinese Medicine/Acupunture Schools. He is warm and gentle. He knows how to approach infirtility and has been specializing in this area for some time now.

I attribute his work to helping conceive my DD a year ago and I will be seeing him again when I do my next cycle.

He works at Major Mackenzie and Bathurst. I would highly recommend him. http://www.richmondhilltcm.com/

Good Luck with your search and cycle
Baby Girl 1, Born December 4th, 2011. We are totally in love! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Girl #2 Born July 31stm 2013. We are thrilled and over the Moon! Baby came fast and was born at home. Daddy played doctor and delivered her here at home. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#6 SweetBabyAngel

SweetBabyAngel
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts
  • Dx:Immunological

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have had the pleasure of meeting the most amazing Naturopathic/Acupunture Doctor in Vaughan, her name is Dr. Cristina Meffe.

Compassionate, Patient, Experienced, Intuitive, Committed, Intelligent are some of the words that describes Dr. Cristina Meffe. She has diagnosed me with a condition that know other doctor discovered until later in my fertility journey. Because of her diagnosis and treatment, I truly believe her treatment helped me become pregnant on my first IVF cycle. I am so thankful I found a sincere, caring doctor that cares about my health and fertility success. Thank you Dr. Meffe!!

Dr. Cristina Meffe, comes highly recommended. She is very experienced in the field of fertility medicine, treatments and hormones!

Here is her contact information, if you have any questions please let me know.
http://www.sanahealthcentre.com/

110 Ansley Grove Rd. Unit # 4
Woodbridge, Ontario
L4L 3R1
p: 905 - 265 - 0144 f: 905 - 265 - 7957

#7 jlatterone

jlatterone
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Medica Natural Therapy Clinic

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I see a TCM practitioner, Antonella at Medica, who is knowledgable, courteous, patient and experienced! She was recommended by a friend and I've referred all my friends and family who are experiencing health issues to her.   She's helped my sister with fertility issues and has helped me with menopause.  With a combination of acupuncture and herbal medicine, I finally feel relief! The clinic is located at Pine Valley Drive and Highway 7 in Woodbridge.

Here's her contact info:

Medica Natural Therapy Clinic

905-856-2997

www.medica.ca

Hope this helps!!

#8 SweetBabyAngel

SweetBabyAngel
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts
  • Dx:Immunological

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

For those of you looking for a Acupuncturist/Naturpathic Doctor that specializes in Fertility and Hormones, I highly recommend Dr. Cristina Meffe.  I been very fortunate, this is my 2nd IVF and I am pregnant again!! 

---------------------------------------------

I have had the pleasure of meeting the most amazing Naturopathic/Acupunture Doctor in Vaughan, her name is Dr. Cristina Meffe.

Compassionate, Patient, Experienced, Intuitive, Committed, Intelligent are some of the words that describes Dr. Cristina Meffe. She has diagnosed me with a condition that know other doctor discovered until later in my fertility journey. Because of her diagnosis and treatment, I truly believe her treatment helped me become pregnant on my first IVF cycle. I am so thankful I found a sincere, caring doctor that cares about my health and fertility success. Thank you Dr. Meffe!!

Dr. Cristina Meffe, comes highly recommended. She is very experienced in the field of fertility medicine, treatments and hormones!

Here is her contact information, if you have any questions please let me know.
http://www.sanahealthcentre.com/

110 Ansley Grove Rd. Unit # 4
Woodbridge, Ontario
L4L 3R1
p: 905 - 265 - 0144 f: 905 - 265 - 7957

#9 pistacchioqueen

pistacchioqueen
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

i saw amanda merenda in maple (keele and major mack area) and she helped me a lot. i liked that she really took the time to get to know me and understand my situation. this might sound bad, but she spoke perfect english (she was born here) which was a huge bonus for me becuase i know she understood everything i was communicating to her. i felt really comfortable with her. after 2 previous failed ivf attempts i know her treatments really made the difference for us. We now have a beautiful baby girl :)
647.299.4631 www.besthealthacupuncture.com