5599 replies to this topic

#51 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:McGill Reproductive

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

And....Happy News Years everyone! I know I'm hoping 2012 brings me a little bundle of joy...and I hope all of your dreams are fulfilled this year also.
  • LittleMissMuffin likes this

Me: 33 DH: 31
TTC 4+ years
Asthmatic - Bricanyl & Symbicort daily
Hydrosalpinges --> Bilateral Tubal removal

IVF#1 - September 2011 - Short protocol - Cancelled/Ectopic pregnancy; Tubal removal (October)
IVF#2 - March/April 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts
FET#1 - July 2012 - Cancelled; zero survive thaw
IVF#3 - October/November 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts
Hysteroscopy and Biopsy February 2013 - All results normal

FET#2 - BFP - March/April 2013 - EDD December 25, 2013

2 frosties waiting

January 1 - Our beautiful baby boy arrived after an emergency induction.  Completely in love! <3

#52 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:McGill

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holidays. I am on day 1 of my January cycle. My cycle was so long this month, 33 days, usually it is 28. I thought if I make it to 34 I will test, but then I got my period this morning!! Oh well. At least this is my last cycle before my IVM. I cant even believe it, have waited for this for so long and am so scared and nervous now that I am finally here!!!!

At my calendar, I had calculated my period to come on Jan 22nd, but given how long my December cycle was and if my Jan one is long again, it looks like it will be at least a week after than, maybe even into first week of Feb. Should I call them and let them know? I had asked my nurse what if I am a couple of days ahead or behind and she said its ok, I didnt think I would be more than a week off!!!!

Anyways, hope the rest of everyone is doing great. So many prayers and hope for this new year, may it be one of blessings, happiness, love and health for us all and may all our prayers be answered and may we have the strength, serenity, patience and courage to help us through our journeys!!! Take care everyone xoxoxox

Me: 32, DH: 34

Unexplained Infertility

Nov 2010: IUI#1 -BFN

Jan.& Feb '11: IUI#2,3 -BFN

Mar: Polyp in uterus

Apr: Hysteroscopy & Polypectomy.Pathology normal

May-July: IUI #4,5,6 -BFN

Aug-Jan'12: Trying naturally, with acupuncture, fertility yoga, herbal supplements

IVM#1: Feb 2012

ER: Feb.7: 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature(d), 2 fertilized

ET: Feb.10: 4-cell day2 embryo and 5-cell day3 embryo

BFN

IVF#1: April 2012

ER: April 4th: 14 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized

ET: Apr9. day5 transfer of 1 blast, 2 more frozen

BFN

FET #1: ET Sept 7th 2012

Transferred one d5 blast

Beta Sept 18 --BFP!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You God!!!! aH

Viability Scan: Oct 2nd. Heartbeat viewed, everything normal!

Anatomy Scan: Jan 14th. Its a boy!!

DD: May 25th, 2013
May 17th, 2013. Emergency C-section. Baby is here!! aH What did my arms do before they held him, what did my heart do with its love!! Thank You God!!! aH

Round 2: Project Sibling!

IVF#1 November 2014

ER: 21 eggs retrieved, 19 mature. 9 fertilized. 3 frozen

Transfer delayed because of OHSS

FET#1: February 2015. 1 blast transferred = BFN

FET#2: May 2015. 1 blast transferred =  BFN

FET#3: Sept..Transfer cancelled, blast didnt survive thawing

IVF#2 January 2016

ER: 19 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 11 fertilized

6 ice babies: 4 day5 blasts and 2 day6 blasts

FET#1: April 2016 = BFN

May-July: Lupron & Letrozole

FET#2: Aug 2016 = BFP!!!!!!! Thank You God aH aH

"There are two ways to live, one is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"- Albert Einstein

#53 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

At my calendar, I had calculated my period to come on Jan 22nd, but given how long my December cycle was and if my Jan one is long again, it looks like it will be at least a week after than, maybe even into first week of Feb. Should I call them and let them know? I had asked my nurse what if I am a couple of days ahead or behind and she said its ok, I didnt think I would be more than a week off!!!!

Hey there my dear! I would let them know this week, just to make sure...I'm dealing with the same thing (sort of) as my period after my ectopic in October took longer to start than we anticipated and it has thrown me off by about two weeks. I am down tentatively to start Marvelon (BCP) Feb. 22ish...but my period...if "on time" will be earlier (or later) that that by at least a week...possibly two. I'm going to call my nurse just to make sure when I'm supposed to start next month...I hope it doesn't mess things up.

I'm very excited for you!!! I can't believe how quickly this whole holiday season has passed! It's crazy! January already...

Anyways...give the hospital a call this week. I'm sure it won't be a problem for you if it's only a week or so...not too sure about myself though! FX!

TTC 4+ years

IVF#1 - September 2011 - Short protocol - Cancelled/Ectopic pregnancy; Tubal removal (October)
IVF#2 - March/April 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts
IVF#3 - October/November 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts

2 frosties waiting

January 1 - Our beautiful baby boy arrived after an emergency induction.  Completely in love! <3

#54 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Just checking in with everyone! It's so quiet here these days...but I know there MUST be other Royal Vic/McGill'ers out there!!

Anyways...Pale...did you contact the hospital? Everything still in order?
I called yesterday and spoke with someone who said for me to not worry about my whacky cycle. Just to start taking my BCP on Day 1 in February, whenever that might be, and call them that day so they can make all the adjustments necessary to my calendar. If you were me...would you start two weeks early or two weeks later than the schedule date? I mean...my BCP was supposed to start on Feb. 22....which means with my cycle being off...I could start Feb. 10 (when my AF is expected now in Feb) or....Mar. 7...two weeks later (when my next AF should arrive).

Can't really believe still how the time is passing so quickly.

Hope EOE is doing well!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#55 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hey there! Ya I called them, they didnt really care at all ha ha ha, just said to call on my Day 1 to schedule the ultrasound and thats it!

For when to start for you, I guess it depends on which timing suits you better, do you have any preference at all? I think the waiting is so hard, Id probably choose the earlier date, unless there was something else regarding timing to consider, like any special events, or anything critical to get taken care of before starting etc, which might then make sense to take the second date. How does it work with the BCP, when you start taking them, is it the same cycle that you have your IVF or the following cycle?

That being said, Im totally freaking out about my IVM being just a month away!!! This is all Ive waited for for so many months now and now that Im so close, I get so overwhelmed just thinking about it, I dont feel ready for this anymore, its so scary!!!!!!! I really hope this works --for all of us!!!!

Unexplained Infertility

Aug-Jan'12: Trying naturally, with acupuncture, fertility yoga, herbal supplements

BFN

BFN

Transferred one d5 blast

May 17th, 2013. Emergency C-section. Baby is here!! aH What did my arms do before they held him, what did my heart do with its love!! Thank You God!!! aH

IVF#1 November 2014

IVF#2 January 2016

"There are two ways to live, one is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"- Albert Einstein

#56 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Oh Pale...I know how you feel. I'm not a vet by any means...but I don't think it really gets "easy" going into a cycle...so what you're feeling is normal. Dr. Takefman at the hospital is pretty amazing though, if you ever felt like talking to her might help. She's helped me!

With my protocol, I take the BCP for one month and then go immediately into stimming for the IVF (as long as everything goes well on my baseline U/S following the month of BCP). I too am feeling like...excited that we're here again - another try, YAY...and then so incredibly anxious the next minute!
What about the IVF? What is the process for you?

I'm glad the clinic was a cool with you as they were me with the "reschedule"...I'll probably end up starting earlier than later (but I think I may still try to discuss it a bit further with my nurse - just to make sure). My only short term plan is to get through another IVF...so...why delay!?

PM me, write here..whatever you need, IF you need, during your cycle. I'm so hopeful this is it for you!!!!!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#57 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thanks so much *hugs* Your support and encouragement means alot to me!!

My process for IVM is a bit different than yours for IVF. When my period starts, I will call to book an ultrasound for day 2, they will make sure there are no cysts etc and clear me to start. Then I will take Repronex for 4 days [days 4-7]. There is supposed to be another ultrasound on day 8, when they will tell me when to take the HCG and when the egg retreival will be. Its supposed to be around day 9-13, and then they will mature the eggs in the lab for a few days, and then fertilize with ICSI and then see how the embryos develop...and then transfer back!!

Thats about all I know...they said when I come for my day2 ultrasound they will explain in more detail which meds I need to take and when etc. This is the prescription sheet they gave me so far:

HCG: 10,000 iu
Estrace: 2mg [14 days]
Medrol: 16mg [4 days]
Ovidrel: 250 mcg
Doxycycline: 100 mg [7 days]
Prometrium: 200 mg [14 days]
Repronex: 150 iu [4 days]
Repronex: 75 iu [for lab use]

I was looking up all the meds and noticed that Prometrium is listed as having peanut oil, so I was surprised why they prescribed it to me as I am extremely allergic to all nuts, it even says so at the top of my prescription form!! Thank God I looked up all the ingredients, will have to ask them when I go for my ultrasound. I thought maybe because its a vaginal supository, its not the same as swallowing the pills. But when I checked their website it clearly says not to take it if you have any nut allergies. So I dont know why they prescribed it for me, didnt they check my allergy information first!!!! I want to have a baby, I dont want to die from a nut allergy!!!!!

Unexplained Infertility

BFN

BFN

Transferred one d5 blast

IVF#1 November 2014

IVF#2 January 2016

#58 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Wow! Have you already had your prescription filled? When I had my prescription filled (I do have a MILD allergy to nuts - but not peanuts) at the F5 pharmacy...it was the first thing they asked me. I'm not sure you would experience anaphylaxis...but you would experience irritation from the "pearls" (what they told me when I filled my script).

It's definitely good you checked...I believe if you are not on the suppositories...they may put you on PIO (Progesterone In Oil)...which is another injection! Lucky you! (NOT)!

Best of luck...I'm always just a click away should you need anything...xoxo

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#59 marjory

marjory
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Wow, PaleSpring - that's pretty scary! Glad you are on top of it and that you checked the ingredients. I totally understand your feelings about starting the IVM but hopefully you will be able to relax a bit when it's all underway.

Kenny - I'd probably start earlier rather than later, but that's just my impatience!

I'm so excited that you're both about to start, Little Miss Muffin too.

Hope everyone is well.

#60 LittleMissMuffin

LittleMissMuffin
  • Cyclebase
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Ancient Roman history, cooking and baking, yoga, horror movies and TV series, teaching languages
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:McGill Reproductive Centre (Montreal)

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I am back! LOL!

Pale--I am excited for you and relieved that you checked for meds! I didn't know that, apart from hormones, they are full of allergens, too!

Kenny--How's the wait to re-start going? Thank you for being so supportive of everyone!

Marjory--Thank you for thinking of me!

AFM--I stopped the BCP on Jan. 7 and went for my first U/S on Jan. 10. My lining was too thick, so they sent me home packed with all the injections-related bottles and needles and other paraphernalia and told me not to start just yet. My second U/S is tomorrow morn. Hopefully, the lining thinned (I am in the process of expelling Aunt Flo out her place of resience, if you know what I mean!), and they will give me the wherewithall to start shooting up. LOL!

Hugs to all of you,
Tanya Me: 41; DH: 45 Dx: unicornuate uterus + MF IVF (December 12 - February 10, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: BCP (Marvelon), Suprefact, Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (150x2) Collection (ER): 9 eggs retrieved Fertilization report: 3 eggs fertilized Transfer (ET): 3 embryos: two grade 1 (almost perfect) and one grade 3 (medium quality) IVF 2.0 (May 16 - July 6, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: Suprefact (5U), Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (75) Collection (ER):4 eggs; Fertilization report: 3 matured and fertilized Transfer (ET): one 8-cell embryo IVM (March 28 - May 10, 2013) = BFP January 17, 2013: Hysterescopy: Removed a polyp and a fibroma; April 6: ER, 4 eggs, 2 mature and fertilized; April 9: 2 embryos transferred; April 22: Beta (87.3); April 25: Beta (269); May 3-10: Betas and viability scans; May 10: Ectopic pregnancy IVF 3.0 (October 27- November 29, 2013) = cancelled due to lack of response to meds IVM 2.0 (January 13, 2014-February 8, 2014) BFN

#61 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Marjory -Nice to see you dropping by again!! How's everything going with you. Are you just trying naturally now as you wait for your calendar in August? Wishing you all the best xoxoxoxox

LittleMissMuffin -Hope your ultrasound tomorrow goes well and that you get the green light to start!! I dont know what your protocol is, but I hope it all goes well for you!! Once you start the Suprefact, whats next, how long till the expected collection?

Kenny --Yes the nurse gave it to me at my calendar, signed by my doctor and everything. Im assuming this is it, unless they will give me something else when I go for my first ultrasound

Unexplained Infertility

BFN

BFN

Transferred one d5 blast

IVF#1 November 2014

IVF#2 January 2016

#62 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Kenny--How's the wait to re-start going? Thank you for being so supportive of everyone!

Aside from slowly going crazy from the wait...it's not too bad! :D

Nah...I'm doing okay. I've been trying to have a nurse call me back, but so far, no one has...I have a few questions about my last cycle versus this cycle and would like an option from a nurse on when I should start...sooner...or later (I genuinely don't know if later would be better for some reason - otherwise, yah...I'll start ASAP thanks!)

Can't wait for you to start "shooting up"! Hopefully your U/S shows that AF has hit the road, and you can start!!! SO exciting!!!!! I look forward to reading about your progress!

I too am wondering what Marjory is up to these days and whether the cancellation line has proven fruitful at all!?

I'm also very excited to hear about how the IVM progresses Pale...its VERY similar to IVF...just less drugs (and less less time in the ovary of course!)
I truly hope things go perfectly!!!

Ahhh....feels like we are all finally starting to progress a bit! :D It's a great feeling!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#63 marjory

marjory
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hello ladies,

Thanks for thinking of me! I don't have much to report - the plan is to try naturally until we start treatment (calendar is in August). Hubby has an appointment with Dr Z (the urologist) in a couple of weeks but I'm not too hopeful that anything can be done. But who knows! We've been trying for a cancellation every week but no luck yet - keep your fingers crossed for me at 9 am tomorrow!

Little Miss Muffin - hope your ultrasounds goes well tomorrow and keep us posted!

Kenny - let us know what the nurse says about the earlier versus later debate.

Pale - hope you manage to get some meds that won't kill you!

Love to all.

#64 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi all...

Well a few things to report!

Firstly, I am starting whenever Aunt Flo arrives in FEBRUARY...regardless of the date! That being said...EARLIER is when it will be! Probably around the 10th or so to start BCP (so it won't be very eventful for at least another month after that...but...still starting)!

Secondly, based on everything that happened during my first cycle...and it appearing that I may have been a poor responder to the meds (at least the suppressant)...and the fact that it appears I may have ovulated early which resulted in a cancelled cycle BUT a pregnancy (though ectopic)...I thought I would ask whether this go around they will be monitoring my LH and Progesterone (P4) in addition to the U/S's and Estrogen (E2) measurements....and I was told No. My Dr. didn't request it be monitored, and they are confident that will be able to tell if I am responding by the U/S's and E2....

Forgive me for not being CONFIDENT in this...as they obviously didn't recognize the signs during IVF #1...but...I guess knowing what I do now...I'll be watching those E2 numbers like a hawk! I'm still going to try to squeak in an appointment with Dr. B before my cycle starts (maybe when I go up to get my prescriptions filled in the next week or two)...because I really would feel better if they were watching as much as possible! They are already taking the blood...so what's the big deal!?

Hope Tanya is doing well today and her U/S's went well!

Hope EOE is doing great! Posted Image xxoo

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#65 LittleMissMuffin

LittleMissMuffin
  • Cyclebase
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Ancient Roman history, cooking and baking, yoga, horror movies and TV series, teaching languages
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:McGill Reproductive Centre (Montreal)

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Oh, Kenny, do watch out for those numbers! One never knows where things aren't exactly right! I hope this time you respond to everything well! And, oh, yes--January, move along faster for Kenny! She needs February earlier!

AFM--My U/S went really well today. I was given the green light to start suppressing, so I started Suprefact tonight (my first shot). It will be followed by Gonal-F (600 per day) and Luveris (300 per day). The second U/S is for Jan. 19. The nurse said not to bother scheduling the third U/S since, she claims, they are able to tell when the collection more or less will be after the second and the beta blood test (whatever that is!).

How's EOE tonight? It's snowing like crazy, so it's the best time to sit at home with a nice cup of tea and watch the snowflakes come down!
Tanya Me: 41; DH: 45 Dx: unicornuate uterus + MF IVF (December 12 - February 10, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: BCP (Marvelon), Suprefact, Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (150x2) Collection (ER): 9 eggs retrieved Fertilization report: 3 eggs fertilized Transfer (ET): 3 embryos: two grade 1 (almost perfect) and one grade 3 (medium quality) IVF 2.0 (May 16 - July 6, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: Suprefact (5U), Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (75) Collection (ER):4 eggs; Fertilization report: 3 matured and fertilized Transfer (ET): one 8-cell embryo IVM (March 28 - May 10, 2013) = BFP January 17, 2013: Hysterescopy: Removed a polyp and a fibroma; April 6: ER, 4 eggs, 2 mature and fertilized; April 9: 2 embryos transferred; April 22: Beta (87.3); April 25: Beta (269); May 3-10: Betas and viability scans; May 10: Ectopic pregnancy IVF 3.0 (October 27- November 29, 2013) = cancelled due to lack of response to meds IVM 2.0 (January 13, 2014-February 8, 2014) BFN

#66 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

From what I remember Tanya, the nurse advised you correctly. After my second U/S...it was just day by day...once the numbers came back from that B/W and the U/S showed good progress...they told me when my next scan would be or when they wanted me to trigger! Do you know what the "name" of your Protocol is?
I'll be on the same drugs as you...just lower doses. WOW!!! You're getting close to the finish line for round 1!!! Excited for you girl!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#67 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi ladies! Just popping in to see if anyone has plans this weekend! It sure is a snowy mess out there! :D

I'm going for my first acupuncture session of the year this afternoon. I'm quite excited really. I've switched to a clinic on the Island, closer to where I live (lucked out as he's supposed to be VERY good and specializes in IVF Acupuncture). I love my therapist on the South Shore, but this will be much more convenient for me.

AF arrived for me yesterday and she's a bitch this month! Hopefully the acupuncture will alleviate some of this pain!

Hope EOE is doing great!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#68 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hi, I noticed some of you mentioned getting coverage for vitamins under your insurance. I was just curious what kind of insurance you have that would cover vitamins (if you don't mind me asking) - it sounds great! I have Blue Cross but it only covers prescriptions.

Thanks & wishing you all the best of luck in your treatments.
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#69 _journey

_journey
  • Global 100+
  • 673 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hello all,

As a McGill vet, I just wanted to pop in and wish you all good luck on your upcoming cycles! I know first-hand how maddening and discouraging dealing with the clinic bureaucracy can be... PaleSpring, you may have to remind everyone you deal with that you're doing IVM and not IVF - they sort of default to the latter, and during my two IVM cycles, my assumption that they knew/remembered (or would actually read my chart!) caused me to be given the wrong information on several occasions. In particular, the trigger shot timing is completely different.

One thing I learned through 4 cycles at McGill was that I always had to advocate very strongly for myself... and find the quietest place in that awful "waiting room" by the nurses' station to read my book. Otherwise, I found that the frantic energy of everyone around me drove me nuts!

Good luck - I'll be following your progress with my fingers crossed!!

Me: 40 DH: 36
TTC for 10 years with Male Factor Infertility (morph less than 1%)
IVM #1: 2008 08: m/c of twins at 8w2d (arrested at 5w3d)
IVM #2: 2008 11: chemical
IVF #1: 2009 08: m/c at 8w6d
Chromosomal tests pending (6-8 months!) In the meantime...
IVF #2: 2010 03: antagonist protocol: 11 collected, 9 mature, 9 fertilized: 4 transferred
Beta 13dp3dt: 612! Beta 15dp3dt: 986 (gah!!!) - saw two sacs on 15dp3dt. Trying to stay optimistic
U/S 6w3d: April Fool's Day: TWINS!!! Twin A: 6w1d Twin B: 6w2d, strong hb's flickering on the screen. STUNNED.
U/S 8w3d: Twins are looking good! Twin A: 168 hbpm Twin B: 182 hbpm
U/S 10w3d: SURPRISE! Baby C makes it's appearance... Baby A: 10w2d Baby B: 10w2d Baby C: 10w0d all 3 looking good...
U/S 12w2d: Baby A - 56.6mm, Baby B - 60.3mm, Baby C - 53.2mm. Everyone active! HR= 151, 153, 154
U/S 18w0d: Babies looking good! All major anatomical structures present and accounted for Baby A: 7oz (HR 155) Baby B: 8oz (HR 148) Baby C: 7oz (HR 146)
U/S 20w0d: Everyone hanging in - Baby B is the biggest of the bunch, Babies A & C weigh exactly the same.
U/S 22w2d: Now under the care of the High Risk Unit (yay!): Baby B is over a pound! Baby C is *almost* a pound - Baby A has a little catching up to do!
U/S 24w2d: Babies A & C: 1lb 5 ounces, Baby B: 1lb 7 ounces! Everyone very busy, cervix is still long and closed at 4cm....
U/S 26w1d: Everyone seems to be doing well! Busy as always.... cervix hasn't budged.
Unscheduled U/S @ 27w4d: Baby A & C: 1lb 15 ounces, Baby B: 2lb 5 ounces! Cervix shortened to 3cm... waiting and seeing.

Emergency c-section at 31w5d because Baby A broke his water
Baby A: 2lb 12 ounces
Baby B: 3lb 14 ounces
Baby C: 2lb 13 ounces
Born September 25, 2010

Spontaneous BFP!! In total shock.
BETA on October 15, 2012 (15 DPO): 455.
BETA on October 22, 2012: 5181
First u/s on November 1, 2012: Baby measuring 6w5d, heartbeat 124
IPS screen u/s on December 6, 2012: Very active baby, heartbeat 163, measuring 57.7mm

Anatomy scan on January 21, 2012:  Everything looks good, placenta no longer low-lying, baby tipping the scales at 9oz.
Very cautiously optimistic.

C-Section scheduled for June 14. Hang in there, little one!
Baby Z: 7lb 2 ounces
Born June 14, 2013

#70 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi, I noticed some of you mentioned getting coverage for vitamins under your insurance. I was just curious what kind of insurance you have that would cover vitamins (if you don't mind me asking) - it sounds great! I have Blue Cross but it only covers prescriptions.

Thanks & wishing you all the best of luck in your treatments.

Hi there! The prenatal vitamin that I am taking, the PregVit-5, is available only through prescription - so it's my medical (Manulife) that covers it - like any other prescription. It's only the Preg-Vit that is covered for me....something like Materna (Centrum) that I used to take - I would have to pay out of pocket since it is readily available on the shelf. HTH!

One thing I learned through 4 cycles at McGill was that I always had to advocate very strongly for myself... and find the quietest place in that awful "waiting room" by the nurses' station to read my book. Otherwise, I found that the frantic energy of everyone around me drove me nuts!

_journey...YOU NAILED IT!!! Self advocacy is absolutely the #1 thing I have learned while cycling with McGill. If you aren't willing to ask the questions...and do the research on your own...you are selling yourself short for sure! And the "frantic energy"...ahhh...you totally understand what that is like! Thank you for checking in with us and sending us your positive thoughts! IVF seemed to have worked well for you with three little bundles to show for it!!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#71 _journey

_journey
  • Global 100+
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ha! Yep, although the doctor who put back the 4 embryos (2 average, 2 below average) was less than optimistic... his famous last words: "with embryos like these, your chance of getting pregnant with one is not good. And your chance of having multiples is basically nil." I'm not sure McGill is too thrilled with my results - triplets make them look irresponsible, at least in the medical world. When McGill called me a year later to ask if my bfp cycle resulted in a live birth, there was a loooong silence when I told the nurse my situation. Personally, I'd love to have an opportunity to thank the doctor who gave me my babies. I am extremely fortunate and blessed, and I couldn't imagine my life any other way!

Wishing you all success!!

IVF #2: 2010 03: antagonist protocol: 11 collected, 9 mature, 9 fertilized: 4 transferred
Beta 13dp3dt: 612! Beta 15dp3dt: 986 (gah!!!) - saw two sacs on 15dp3dt. Trying to stay optimistic
U/S 6w3d: April Fool's Day: TWINS!!! Twin A: 6w1d Twin B: 6w2d, strong hb's flickering on the screen. STUNNED.
U/S 10w3d: SURPRISE! Baby C makes it's appearance... Baby A: 10w2d Baby B: 10w2d Baby C: 10w0d all 3 looking good...
U/S 12w2d: Baby A - 56.6mm, Baby B - 60.3mm, Baby C - 53.2mm. Everyone active! HR= 151, 153, 154
U/S 18w0d: Babies looking good! All major anatomical structures present and accounted for Baby A: 7oz (HR 155) Baby B: 8oz (HR 148) Baby C: 7oz (HR 146)
U/S 20w0d: Everyone hanging in - Baby B is the biggest of the bunch, Babies A & C weigh exactly the same.
U/S 22w2d: Now under the care of the High Risk Unit (yay!): Baby B is over a pound! Baby C is *almost* a pound - Baby A has a little catching up to do!
U/S 24w2d: Babies A & C: 1lb 5 ounces, Baby B: 1lb 7 ounces! Everyone very busy, cervix is still long and closed at 4cm....
U/S 26w1d: Everyone seems to be doing well! Busy as always.... cervix hasn't budged.
Unscheduled U/S @ 27w4d: Baby A & C: 1lb 15 ounces, Baby B: 2lb 5 ounces! Cervix shortened to 3cm... waiting and seeing.

Born September 25, 2010

IPS screen u/s on December 6, 2012: Very active baby, heartbeat 163, measuring 57.7mm

Anatomy scan on January 21, 2012:  Everything looks good, placenta no longer low-lying, baby tipping the scales at 9oz.

Born June 14, 2013

#72 marjory

marjory
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hello all,

Tanya - so excited for you to get started! Do keep us posted.
Pale - hope you're doing well and able to remind everyone at McGill that you're an IVMer
Kenny - great news on the acupuncture. Would you mind sharing the details of the person you're seeing? I'll want to look into that when I finally start treatment.
Highest hopes - hello and good luck with everything.
_journey - thanks for checking in on us and wow, what a story! Thanks for the reminder about self-advocacy - that has certainly been my experience to date.
Marslo - I don't know if you're still reading but I hope you're doing ok deciding about your next step.

AFM, no cancellation this week (for the last few weeks there's been a message up straightaway at 9 am to say there are no spots to fill). But we'll keep trying...

#73 valishka

valishka
  • Cyclebase
  • 266 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill reproductive Center

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi everyone ! This is the first reply for me ever :)
I'm at Mcgill too and my IVF#2 is for april-may....sooooo long ! I'm wondering if anyone had success calling the nurse each Day-1 to begin the IVF sooner than planned ? I was thinking trying this until april...
I hope you understand what I mean lol english is not my first language !

Just let you know that my first cycle IVF in 2010 has bring me my beautiful son ;)

Good luck everyone !
DH 36, severe male factor after cancer treatment
Me, 26

IVF-ICSI #1 February 2010
18 eggs collected, 10 mature, 7 embryos
ET of 2 perfect blasts, nothing to freeze...BFP !!!

Natural pregnancy october 2011 ! Ended in m/c at 7 weeks....

IVF-ICSI #2 April 2012
2nd u/s : 8 follies...
3rd u/s : 18 follies !
ER April 21nd : 16 eggs retrieved !
April 22nd : 11 eggs mature, 10 embryos !
April 26th : ET of 1 perfect blast ! 3 frozen blasts :) Woohoo !
May 1st : HPT BFP ! Woohoo !
May 3rd : HPT BFP !
Beta May 7th : 341 !!!
May 23rd : boum boum boum ! Baby measuring 6mm !

#74 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

So nice to see so many new people here!! So many exciting things happening with everyone!!

Marjpry --hope your hubby's appointment with Dr Z goes well and that you find a cancellation for your calendar!!

Kenney --how do they measure the E2, is it bloodtests everytime you go for ultrasounds? How did your acupuncture visit go? Can I ask who you are seeing now and who you were with before in the South Shore. I live in Brossard, but have been seeing Nathalie Gagnon in the Plateau. I really liked her, she was great and her speacialty was fertility acupuncture, but now she is leaving for a few months and I have to switch to her partner! Which is a bummer to switch right before my IVM, when I have spent the last 3 months with Nathalie and am so comfortable with her. So Im thinking if I am switching to someone new anyways, maybe worth it to find someone closer to home? Does your acupuncturist in South Shore specialize in patients trying to conceive?

Highest hopes --hope you are doing well and wishing you all the best as you TTC naturally

Tanya --glad your ultrasound went well and that you have started your meds! Very excited for you! Hope your stimulate wonderfully and produce lovely eggs!! All the best for your second ultrasound on the 19th

Journey -- thanks for the headsup, that would be terrible for them to confuse me with an IVF patient and mess something up for me!!! Congrats on your triplets, thats so lovely. How are your babies doing now. I see that you did 2 IVMs, how did they go for you? Sometimes I feel really good about my decision to start with IVM before IVF and then other times I start panicing and thinking I should call them before its too late and tell them I want to do IVF afterall.

Valiskha --welcome!! Im so glad that you conceived on your first IVF attempt, I love to hear first time success stories and hope that I will soon be one of them hehehe!! Wishing you all the best for your second IVF!!!!!!!!

AFM --nothing new to report. I am day 16 of my cycle now....slowly slowly getting there, 2 weeks left!! As I mentioned above, my acupuncturist is going away so I am starting with her partner, will be seeing her for the first time this Wednesday, hoping that goes well!! Wishing everyone a wonderful week, take care xoxoxoxox

Unexplained Infertility

BFN

BFN

Transferred one d5 blast

IVF#1 November 2014

IVF#2 January 2016

#75 _journey

_journey
  • Global 100+
  • 673 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

PaleSpring - I was happy IVM was an option for us, I "qualified" because of my high antral follicle count, so we were given the green light for IVM. We chose this route for several reasons: 1) We were uncomfortable with all the meds for IVF 2) DH wanted to take a measured approach - he saw IVF as a last resort 3) cost 4) our Doctor at McGill thought we were great candidates - at that time, our known issue was Male Factor Infertility, and he thought we'd have great results. We signed up for 3 IVM cycles, but converted our third attempt to IVF after the two IVM cycles ended in miscarriages.

In retrospect, I really believe our IVM cycles would have worked if our only issue WAS Male Factor Infertility. Unfortunately, it looks as though we had egg quality issues as well, causing our embryos to arrest early on - either in the petri dish or once transferred. IVM does have a lower success rate, and at least at the time I was doing it, they were putting back more IVM embryos than they would have with an IVF. Case in point, our first IVM pregnancy was with twins. This could lead to a higher risk of multiples.

As an aside, the IVM retrievals are allegedly a lot more painful than IVF retrievals because in the latter, the follicles are mature and ready to burst so they present well. With IVM, they are smaller and immature and thus tougher to extract. I wasn't told this, although a nurse I had for my second IVM retrieval was shocked that no one mentioned it to me before I had my first one done. The pain was really, really intense :( For the next 3 retrievals, I opted for the full anesthetic.

Personally, I was happy that we started with IVM. DH, however, has said on numerous occasions that in his opinion, we should have gone straight to IVF because he thinks we would have had success earlier than we did. I ended up having 3 losses, 4 retrievals and 4 transfers... this was hard on my body, my mind and my marriage - not to mention our finances. However, as I said, I believe our losses were due to undiagnosed egg quality issues, and I think I would have had the same results no matter what we did. We didn't keep a pregnancy until they changed our protocol for our last IVF attempt.

Born September 25, 2010

Born June 14, 2013

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: McGill, Royal Victoria, Montreal