• Please log in to reply
5599 replies to this topic

#26 marjory

marjory
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hello ladies,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I have been lurking for a while and feel better already for having posted. Sorry I haven't been able to check back in sooner.

PaleSpring - I know what it's like to get suckered into internet stuff. It sometimes happens to me when I'm trying to do research to make myrself better informed but I just end up reading/watching lots of bad stuff. Courage! Also, thanks for the tip about getting the IVF calendar now. I will see if we can do that.

Marslo - sending positive vibes your way! That will be me in a few weeks time, I hope.

Little Miss Muffin - best of luck for keeping calm and collected while waiting to start treatment!

KennyandFooty - Magpie = yum! You should treat yourself as well as your DH while you wait to start your next cycle.

Thanks, all, for the encouragement re the HSG and hubby's SA. Will let you all know...

#27 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:McGill Reproductive

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

PaleSpring...as I read your post...I remembered doing this exact thing nearly one year ago. It's familiar to me in the same way as sitting outside that Ultrasound room on F6 while I was waiting for confirmation on our ectopic...and seeing two couples before me leave with their b&w printouts...they were having babies...and I wasn't. You are not alone in that feeling...in fact...I'd even say it's perfectly normal what you did. Sometimes...IF just...consumes us. The important thing is you pulled yourself away...
I'm so sorry about your friends child. It's heartbreaking to hear it. You have a great outlook though...just cherish everyday for all the blessings we do have...
I believe...good things will come!

I hope you're knocked up Marslo!!!! :D Sending you sticky vibes!!! When do you go for beta or ovulation confirmation? Fingers crossed for you!!

Hi again Marjory! Looking forward to hearing how all your tests come back! :D All the best, once again.

AFM...What a long week! :D Put in about 20 hours of overtime this week...but fortunately, I've made it to the weekend and am going to enjoy every last second of the next two days! I think we may go get our tree this weekend!!

I received my Ubiquinol today, so I will start that supplement tomorrow. Is it weird to be excited about this?! My husband thinks I'm a bit nutso, I'm pretty sure, but...I can't help it. I feel like..anything I can control that may help my next cycle...I'm excited about!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :D

Me: 33 DH: 31
TTC 4+ years
Asthmatic - Bricanyl & Symbicort daily
Hydrosalpinges --> Bilateral Tubal removal

IVF#1 - September 2011 - Short protocol - Cancelled/Ectopic pregnancy; Tubal removal (October)
IVF#2 - March/April 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts
FET#1 - July 2012 - Cancelled; zero survive thaw
IVF#3 - October/November 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts
Hysteroscopy and Biopsy February 2013 - All results normal

FET#2 - BFP - March/April 2013 - EDD December 25, 2013

2 frosties waiting

January 1 - Our beautiful baby boy arrived after an emergency induction.  Completely in love! <3

#28 LittleMissMuffin

LittleMissMuffin
  • Cyclebase
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Ancient Roman history, cooking and baking, yoga, horror movies and TV series, teaching languages
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:McGill Reproductive Centre (Montreal)

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

Good evening, ladies!

Thank you for the warm welcome and many good wishes! It feels great to be on here and feel one and the same with many of us going through/dealing with IF.

I have been reading the posts but haven't had the time to post anything. From just reading alone I learned a lot about meds, various cycles and what you all feel.

I am still very new to all this. We'd been TTC for about 1.5 years when I got suspicious and called McGill to investigate. I was shocked to learn that I have a unicornuate uterus, a very rare genetic condition (http://en.wikipedia....cornuate_uterus) and that DH has low-count weird-shape-headed sperm. All that meant that we wouldn't have been able to conceive on our own. Ergo, IVF. I'll be starting Marvelon as soon as Dec. 11 or 12.

In all honesty, I don't know how/what I feel. I've been too busy with work to really think about anything, so I can say I am calm. I hate to keep my hopes up knowing that the success rate is so low. DH is terrified, Image postée! I wonder if he even understands any of it, lol. He is very loving and worries about anything bad happening to me. We would like to have a "genetic offshoot" (his words, not mine, lol), and that is why we are doing this. He wants a little girl, and I will settle for a healthy baby that comes out whole and unharmed. Naturally, we have to be pregnant first.

So, there!

I wish us all all possible fulfillment of our desires!

Wishing everyone lots of sticky vibes (yay, I learned some new language!) and giving everyone friendly hugs,
Tanya Me: 41; DH: 45 Dx: unicornuate uterus + MF IVF (December 12 - February 10, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: BCP (Marvelon), Suprefact, Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (150x2) Collection (ER): 9 eggs retrieved Fertilization report: 3 eggs fertilized Transfer (ET): 3 embryos: two grade 1 (almost perfect) and one grade 3 (medium quality) IVF 2.0 (May 16 - July 6, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: Suprefact (5U), Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (75) Collection (ER):4 eggs; Fertilization report: 3 matured and fertilized Transfer (ET): one 8-cell embryo IVM (March 28 - May 10, 2013) = BFP January 17, 2013: Hysterescopy: Removed a polyp and a fibroma; April 6: ER, 4 eggs, 2 mature and fertilized; April 9: 2 embryos transferred; April 22: Beta (87.3); April 25: Beta (269); May 3-10: Betas and viability scans; May 10: Ectopic pregnancy IVF 3.0 (October 27- November 29, 2013) = cancelled due to lack of response to meds IVM 2.0 (January 13, 2014-February 8, 2014) BFN

#29 marslo

marslo
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:McGill

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day. I am working and cleaning the house, which is just fine with me. Love having the time to get caught up!

PaleSpring, I hope you're feeling better. Be gentle with yourself.

marjory, how did your tests go?

KennyandFooty, it sounds like you deserve a weekend! Getting our Christmas tree is one of my favourite traditions of the year, though we only do it around our anniversary on the 20th. We are going to put up our lights this weekend. I love this time of year!

LittleMissMuffin, all this stuff is so overwhelming! All you can do is take it one step at a time. And I believe you're in really good hands at McGill.

AFM, my beta is the 14th. That's only 14dpiui, which seems early (doesn't McGill usually do it 16dpiui?), but I guess it will be long enough to know. I've been laying very low since my IUI. Lots of working on the couch. I've been pursuing my fertility yoga, which is so relaxing! DH and I were commenting that we've never been this relaxed post-IUI. We don't know if it's just because it's the new normal or if it's because we don't have very high hopes for this cycle. I'm just enjoying feeling good. It's so rare these days. But my boobs don't hurt much and I'm not overly emotional and I'm not nauseated, so I am grateful - I only want those symptoms once I'm pregnant! Although my hopes are not super-high, I fully believe that we could get pregnant this cycle. I am just unusually calm and peaceful. Maybe it's the yoga?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Mine will be significantly improved if the Habs win tonight!!!
Me: 31, DH: 35
Dx: unexplained

TTC officially since Sept. 2009

IUI#1 - Sept 2011: Gonal-F = BFN
IUI#2 - Nov 5 2011: Gonal-F = BFN
IUI#3 - Nov 30 2011: Gonal-F = BFN :(

#30 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I'm SO full! My parents sent my husband and I a care package for the holidays...since we cannot be together...and in that package was a bunch of our favorite christmas homemade goodies! Oy vey! :D Nom nom nom

MUST Unbutton Pants! :D

Hope you're all doing great! xo

TTC 4+ years

IVF#1 - September 2011 - Short protocol - Cancelled/Ectopic pregnancy; Tubal removal (October)
IVF#2 - March/April 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts
IVF#3 - October/November 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol - BFN - 3 frozen blasts

2 frosties waiting

January 1 - Our beautiful baby boy arrived after an emergency induction.  Completely in love! <3

#31 marjory

marjory
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well, whatever stage of this crazy process they are at. It's really interesting to see people going through so many different aspects of the same thing.

The HSG on Friday went ok and they were able to tell me there and then that everything looks clear. Yay! It wasn't painful but quite an uncomfortable experience and I'd be glad not to have to do it again.

We have an appointment with Dr H next week and I am starting a long list of questions that I have to ask - hope he's prepared for a long talk!

Take care, everyone!
  • julie39 likes this

#32 marslo

marslo
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Marjory, I'm glad to hear your tubes are clear and your HSG didn't hurt. Hope you get good news on the SA.

Kennyandfooty, did you talk to your RE about taking the Ubiquinol? If this cycle doesn't work, I am thinking about adding in some CoQ10, but I'm nervous and don't know about dosage, etc.

AFM, I'm having such a stressful work week and feeling really guilty about it because I worry that it will keep me from getting pregnant. It should be better after tomorrow but what crappy timing. It will be one week since my IUI tomorrow and I can feel the 2ww crazies setting in!!!!

Hope EOE is well!

#33 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Marjory, I'm glad to hear your tubes are clear and your HSG didn't hurt. Hope you get good news on the SA.

Kennyandfooty, did you talk to your RE about taking the Ubiquinol? If this cycle doesn't work, I am thinking about adding in some CoQ10, but I'm nervous and don't know about dosage, etc.

AFM, I'm having such a stressful work week and feeling really guilty about it because I worry that it will keep me from getting pregnant. It should be better after tomorrow but what crappy timing. It will be one week since my IUI tomorrow and I can feel the 2ww crazies setting in!!!!

Hope EOE is well!

Hello my dear. Yes. Apparently a number of doctors at the Vic prescribe CoQ10 to their patients already, and though Dr. B isn't one of those doctors, he certainly didn't see any harm. Since I am taking the Ubiqunol...I am taking 300mg per day (100mg x 3 times daily). CoQ10, I was told, would be prescribed at 600-800mg per day. I am taking Healthy Origins brand. I was told that taking this particular supplement (or CoQ10) is best taken at LEAST 90 days prior to IVF (and then discontinuing use during 2WW).

Try to stay relaxed...if the days at work are more high stress, try doing some light stretches and yoga when you get home...to help you unwind. And a nice cup of tea always seems to soothe my frazzled nerves!
One more week to go...you can do it!!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#34 marslo

marslo
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the info KennyandFooty. I am pretty much sure I will start taking it if this cycle doesn't work out and I will bring it up with Holzer next time I see him.

AFM, I am having such a hard day and it's not even 10 am! I feel exactly like I feel every month at 9dpo, so I'm losing hope. And I know that's silly, since I'm still within the implantation window. I just want this SO BAD and it's so hard. My boobs have started to hurt a bit and I am so moody this week. But I've been under a lot of stress and I had a bought of insomnia, so it's hard to know what's going on. I just wish I didn't have to worry that absolutely everything I am doing is preventing me from getting pregnant! Anyway, I'm going out for drinks with friends this evening and I'm going to put on eye makeup and show off some cleave and that should help. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have more than one drink and these people know about my fertility problems. Sigh. It's hard to know if it's better to tell or to keep quiet. Sometimes it's nice to be around people who don't know, and "pass" so to speak, but where would I be without all the support I've received?

Sorry, I'm all over the place today. Hope EOE is doing well and that everyone who celebrates Christmas has finished their shopping - it's going to be ugly in the stores this weekend! Unfortunately, that's where I'm going to be Image postée

#35 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I havent been checking in so often, but you've all been in my thoughts. I am a bit confused here. If you remember, I mentioned my period was a few days late this month. Usually it comes at day 28, and on day 26 and 27 I have light spotting. This time I only had one spot on day 29 and my period came on day 30. It only was for one day and then I had perhaps 1-2 days of very very light spotting. I thought it was strange but just shrugged it off. I started counting my new cycle from there and now I am on day 11. But for the past 3 days, I have been noticing some reddish or brownish discharge when I wipe after using the bathroom [sorry TMI!!!!!!!!!]. If it was just a one time thing I wouldnt have thought much of it, but its been 3 days. It isnt everytime I go to the bathroom, probably just once a day. But now its making me all crazy again. I dont want to get my hopes up and take a test only to get crushed by yet another negative. I promised myself I wouldnt take any more pregnancy tests unless I really really had reason to think I was pregnant. In August I had a bit of a wonky period too and got soo happy and tested but it was negative. So I dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!! Should I just test??? Or is it probably just nothing???????????

Me: 32, DH: 34

Unexplained Infertility

Nov 2010: IUI#1 -BFN

Jan.& Feb '11: IUI#2,3 -BFN

Mar: Polyp in uterus

Apr: Hysteroscopy & Polypectomy.Pathology normal

May-July: IUI #4,5,6 -BFN

Aug-Jan'12: Trying naturally, with acupuncture, fertility yoga, herbal supplements

IVM#1: Feb 2012

ER: Feb.7: 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature(d), 2 fertilized

ET: Feb.10: 4-cell day2 embryo and 5-cell day3 embryo

BFN

IVF#1: April 2012

ER: April 4th: 14 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized

ET: Apr9. day5 transfer of 1 blast, 2 more frozen

BFN

FET #1: ET Sept 7th 2012

Transferred one d5 blast

Beta Sept 18 --BFP!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You God!!!! aH

Viability Scan: Oct 2nd. Heartbeat viewed, everything normal!

Anatomy Scan: Jan 14th. Its a boy!!

DD: May 25th, 2013
May 17th, 2013. Emergency C-section. Baby is here!! aH What did my arms do before they held him, what did my heart do with its love!! Thank You God!!! aH

Round 2: Project Sibling!

IVF#1 November 2014

ER: 21 eggs retrieved, 19 mature. 9 fertilized. 3 frozen

Transfer delayed because of OHSS

FET#1: February 2015. 1 blast transferred = BFN

FET#2: May 2015. 1 blast transferred =  BFN

FET#3: Sept..Transfer cancelled, blast didnt survive thawing

IVF#2 January 2016

ER: 19 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 11 fertilized

6 ice babies: 4 day5 blasts and 2 day6 blasts

FET#1: April 2016 = BFN

May-July: Lupron & Letrozole

FET#2: Aug 2016 = BFP!!!!!!! Thank You God aH aH

"There are two ways to live, one is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"- Albert Einstein

#36 marslo

marslo
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Wow, that's a tough one, PaleSpring. I can't tell you what to do. I just want to let you know that I'm thinking of you and I totally understand feeling like you can't take another BFN. If only there was a way to take a test without knowing it unless it was positive. Hugs.

#37 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Thanks Marslo. I took the test today because I remembered that I was supposed to go to a blood drive today to donate blood so I needed to just make sure before going. It was negative. Oh well, guess my cycle is just acting strange again for some reason.

Just a few days left for you Marslo!!! Hang in there, surround yourself with some happy, positive things and I really pray you will get some beautiful news within a few days!!!!!!

Kennyandfooty, I know what you mean about being excited to start the ubiquinol. Me too, when I started taking my supplements and the acupuncture, I felt soo excited again, I guess because it was trying something new and also feeling like I am able to do something healthy and positive for my body to help it through all this! Hope the ubiquinol works well for you and helps you to grow lovely healthy eggs, lovely healthy embryos and a lovely healthy baby!!!!!!!

Marjory, glad to hear the HSG results were good. Hope your appointment this week with Dr H does well!! Its great that you are taking time to think your questions over and are going prepared. Get all the information you need, because there is often so much confusion and uncertainty that being informed from the start is a huge help!

LittleMissMuffin, welcome!!! Wishing you all the best as you start your cycle today!!!!!!!

Hugs, love and prayers xoxoxoxoxooxox
  • LittleMissMuffin likes this

Unexplained Infertility

Aug-Jan'12: Trying naturally, with acupuncture, fertility yoga, herbal supplements

BFN

BFN

Transferred one d5 blast

May 17th, 2013. Emergency C-section. Baby is here!! aH What did my arms do before they held him, what did my heart do with its love!! Thank You God!!! aH

IVF#1 November 2014

IVF#2 January 2016

"There are two ways to live, one is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"- Albert Einstein

#38 LittleMissMuffin

LittleMissMuffin
  • Cyclebase
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Ancient Roman history, cooking and baking, yoga, horror movies and TV series, teaching languages

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

Evening everyone!

Hugs to everyone who is feeling down and cheers to those who are doing fine!

Although I am not really sure if starting BCP counts as cycling, I am starting my BCP (Marvelon 21) today. I am excited to start this new journey, and I am scared at the same time.

Is there anyone else who's starting around this time at McGill repro centre?

Luv and courage,
Tanya Me: 41; DH: 45 Dx: unicornuate uterus + MF IVF (December 12 - February 10, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: BCP (Marvelon), Suprefact, Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (150x2) Collection (ER): 9 eggs retrieved Fertilization report: 3 eggs fertilized Transfer (ET): 3 embryos: two grade 1 (almost perfect) and one grade 3 (medium quality) IVF 2.0 (May 16 - July 6, 2012) = BFN Long protocol: Suprefact (5U), Gonal-F (300x2), Luveris (75) Collection (ER):4 eggs; Fertilization report: 3 matured and fertilized Transfer (ET): one 8-cell embryo IVM (March 28 - May 10, 2013) = BFP January 17, 2013: Hysterescopy: Removed a polyp and a fibroma; April 6: ER, 4 eggs, 2 mature and fertilized; April 9: 2 embryos transferred; April 22: Beta (87.3); April 25: Beta (269); May 3-10: Betas and viability scans; May 10: Ectopic pregnancy IVF 3.0 (October 27- November 29, 2013) = cancelled due to lack of response to meds IVM 2.0 (January 13, 2014-February 8, 2014) BFN

#39 marslo

marslo
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

PaleSpring, I'm so sorry that you had to go through taking another negative test. It is so unfair. I hope your weekend wasn't ruined.

LittleMissMuffin - yay for getting started! Hope you will have beginner's luck!

marjory - hope all is well with you!

KennyandFooty, I hope you had a good weekend and are feeling good.

AFM, looks like I'm out. I can't believe this. I am having EXACTLY the same reaction as my first IUI when I was on Gonal-F 75 IU - accelerated development of a single follicle followed by a shortened luteal phase. Image postée I am so pissed. And heartbroken. Two breakdowns yesterday. The worst part is that my period isn't here yet - it will probably arrive tomorrow - but there will still be that tiny little bit of hope until then. And then more heartbreak when we get the final confirmation. This is SO HARD.

#40 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

Marslo...I am so sorry this wasn't the cycle. Thinking of you and hoping you are able to make the best of the holidays...

xoxo

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#41 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

Marslo, sending you lots of hugs and love. Im so very sorry this cycle didnt work out for you. Wishing you a very happy, loving and blessed holiday season. Take care of yourself and dont give up hope xoxoxoxoxo

Unexplained Infertility

BFN

BFN

Transferred one d5 blast

IVF#1 November 2014

IVF#2 January 2016

#42 LittleMissMuffin

LittleMissMuffin
  • Cyclebase
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Marslo,

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope some of my beginner's luck, should I have any, will rub off on you!

#43 marslo

marslo
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Thanks ladies. This has been an incredibly long and incredibly hard week. We are devastated. I'm wondering if I will be able to handle IVF emotionally. DH and I have committed to having a serious talk about IVF and about adoption at some point in the next few weeks. Our appointment with Holzer is January 12 and I've already started my list of questions.

Hope EOE is doing well.

#44 marjory

marjory
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

Hi everyone,

Sorry to have been AWOL for a bit - work has been crazy.

Marslo - I am so very sorry that this cycle didn't work out. I wish you the best of of luck in making your decisions about IVF and adoption.
Pale Spring - sorry to hear about the strange cycle and hope that you are ok.
Little Miss Muffin - so excited for you to start on the journey - keep us posted!
KennyandFooty - I hope you're doing ok.

I do have something to report but sadly it's not good. We saw Dr H last week and while it seems that things are ok for me (HSG was clear and cycles are getting more regular), hubby's SA came back as 0. Yes, that's right, absolutely nothing. His numbers have fluctuated a lot since the reversal (between 79 million and 0.2 million! and we were even told by the urologist to try naturally at one point!) but this is the first time that there has been nothing there at all. Nobody seems to be sure what this means (hubby has an appointment with Dr Zini in January) but I suspect that if nothing is getting through at all then the reversal may have scarred over and I don't see much hope that it will get better.

So on we go to IVF. I booked our calendar appointment yesterday - it's in August (with treatment to start in October). I think that's the worst part - not the fact that we are moving to IVF but how long we have to wait to get there (I know many others have waited excruciating amounts of time too - I hope you can sympathise with my impatience!). In the meantime, we'll keep hoping for a miracle natural pregnancy and calling for a cancellation.

Take care, everyone.

#45 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

Marjory...I just wanted to encourage you to continue...EVERY Thursday...to call for those cancellations! It is what bumped my first IVF 5 months ahead of schedule! Image postée I know right now...October seems SO far away...it is! It's completely understandable as to why you would feel frustrated with that...it's not like time is really on any of our sides! But...patience IS a virtue...so try to sit tight. Even if you do end up having to wait until October (which if you keep trying with the cancellations...you're going to get SOMETHING sooner than that)...the time really will go by quickly. I know words cannot bridge that gap of time...but trust me...it'll pass by faster than you can even imagine right now!

Also...if you DH SA came back at zero...is there still a chance they could retrieve sperm at time of retrieval for you during IVF? Not sure how that part works really...with zero...will you use donor sperm?

AFM...it was Christmas Tree day today in our house! We got a gorgeous 8' Balsam Fir from the Eastern Township tree lot in NDG. It's fantastic...and so so lovely. It smells a little like heaven in here right now...we just got a fire going, drinking some red wine...life is good right now!

I'm also shaking my head as I realize the New Year is literally right around the corner...and I'll be starting my 2nd IVF in about 6 weeks! It's crazy how time has flown by. Wow. I think I need another glass of wine!

Hope everyone is enjoying the Season (and unseasonably warm weather)! One more week of work for me! Is anyone else taking any time off during the holidays? Before I start cycling in mid February...I think I might surprise my husband with a week away somewhere! I'm thinking Cuba!
Has anyone been to Cuba!? We've been to a few destinations in Riviera Maya Mexico and Punta Cana, Domincan Republic. Looking for a lovely, beachside, adults resort to relax before the chaos. We usually book through RedTag.ca for a last minute deal!

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#46 LittleMissMuffin

LittleMissMuffin
  • Cyclebase
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

Marjory -- Thank you for encouraging words, sad that your own feelings might be. Your DH counts were up and down, so maybe they'll be up again some time. Don't worry about the calendar -- people do cancel (I was scheduled to wait 8 months to start, but ended up with only 6 months' wait).

Enjoy your tree, KennyandFooty! I also look on livingsocial.com for warm escapes. They have great deals once in a while.

AFM (by the by, what does AFM stand for?) -- I've been on Marvelon 21 for a week. I've had some headaches and unpleasant taste in the mouth, and I've gained some weight so quickly, too (it was not all holiday chocolate either, lol). The week has been stressful since it's the end of the semestre at work, and so marking, marking and marking! It's all done though, and following my final exam on Dec. 19, I'll be getting into some holiday cheer!

How's everyone spending their Christmas time?

#47 marjory

marjory
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

Hello ladies,

Thanks so much to both of you for your support and encouragement - it means so much! It is great to know from both of you that it is worth calling on Thursdays - hubby and I had definitely planned to do that (I'm about to put it as a recurring event in my calendar!) so I hope we will get some luck there - I'll keep you posted.

We are going to have IVF with ICSI so thankfully we don't need that many actual sperm (lol!). They can do an aspiration (TESA) from my hubby to get the sperm out at the time of the IVF (they think in this case he is still producing but it's just not getting through). We also have a sample frozen from when he had the reversal surgery - the doctor found some sperm then and we banked them. This is one of the reasons Dr H suggested IVF and not IVM. While IVM would be easier on me (fewer meds), it takes more cycles to get the same success rate so hubby would potentially be having a lot of sperm aspirations done, which could be quite painful (I think it involves a needle!). He was totally willing to do IVM though so I wouldn't have to suffer as much.

KennyandFooty, good for you for enjoying the holidays and relaxing before your next cycle. I am highly envious of the tree, fire and wine! We went to Havana a couple of years ago and loved it but it was more of a city break than a resort one (though we did get a couple of days at the beach). I think you should definitely get a nice holiday in before all the cycling madness. And I think I know that tree lot - maybe we live in the same neighbourhood?!

LittleMissMuffin, the irony of taking BCP in order to get pregnant is huge, isn't it?! I hope the side effects die down and you don't feel too cr*ppy. And it sounds like we are in the same line of work ;)

PaleSpring and Marslo, I hope you are both doing ok.

AFM (as for me?!), I will be out of town for the next couple of weeks (going to see family over the holidays) so I probably won't be able to check in regularly but you will all be in my thoughts. Here's hoping that 2012 is an excellent year for all of us!

marjory

#48 PaleSpring

PaleSpring
  • Global 100+
  • 949 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys hope you're all doing well! Everything is good with us, nothing really to report. Going out of town next weekend for a week, so that will be nice. My period is expected to fall in that week AND WOULDNT I LOVE IT IF IT JUST NEVER CAME!! Ha ha ha

How do the cancellations work, do you just ask the calender line if they have any cancellations? I wish I had known that when I was waiting centuries for my calendar, but always good to know for the future!

Marjory thats good news that you already have some sperm frozen. I do pray you will get your miracle naturally before your IVF, but if it comes to that, at least you know you have something in reserve for you in case you do need it

You can also check here for trips, sometimes Chris posts insane deals!
http://www.ydeals.co...um/95-montreal/

Take care everyone xoxoxoox

Unexplained Infertility

BFN

BFN

Transferred one d5 blast

IVF#1 November 2014

IVF#2 January 2016

#49 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

The cancellations were one of the key points of interest when we FIRST did our IVF information session at the hospital. I called religiously every Thursday morning (the only day you can call the calendar line for cancellations) from 9am to 10am (the only hour the line is open for cancellations)...I think I must have called at least...10 weeks in a row before someone answered (it will usually ring busy for the entire hour - or you'll get the dreaded "I'm sorry, there are no cancellations available this week. Please call again next Thursday)!!! But...when I was originally scheduled to do my first IVF in January 2012...I got through in May 2011...and was able to get in for my calendar in June. We cycled in September. It bumped things up considerably for us...I will start IVF #2 in mid February...so...it bought us a whole cycle before we were even originally supposed to!

My husband and I are both from Alberta originally...moved to Montreal 5 years ago on a whim!...and unfortunately we will be alone over the holidays this year...but...I suppose it's not all bad! I mean...I get a whole week with my husband all to myself! Image postée Kind of excited actually!

Our tree looks so lovely!!! I'm going to try to attach a photo to share with you ladies!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. I sure did!!

Image postée

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

#50 KennyandFooty

KennyandFooty
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful ladies. Hope the season brings you much love and time spent with your families/friends. I'm looking forward for 2011 coming to a gentle close so we can move forward from this year and start on a fresh foot.

xoxo
  • LittleMissMuffin likes this

TTC 4+ years

2 frosties waiting

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: McGill, Royal Victoria, Montreal