- - - - -

A - Z of Infertility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Laura1976

Laura1976
  • Super Moderator
  • 3356 posts
  • Interests:I think right about now all I am interested in is getting PG and staying that way for 9 months!
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Heartland (IVF #1) VFC (IVF #2)

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

First off I want to say that I did not create this list, but the answers are mine. I came across it while searching Dr. Google for something or another. I you find it fun/funny as well and fill in your answers.

A. Age when you started TTC: 31

B. Baby Dancing or Sex: Both, but I try not to let my SO know when it is BDing

C. Children wanted: 2, but I will gladly take one (please :pray: , please, :pray: please :pray: )

D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: 3 fur-babies. I really hope they love our baby when we finally have one or the baby will have to go Posted Image My fur-babies have been here for me through almost every tear in the last 3 years.

E. Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: Prenatal, 600mg COQ10 daily - Who knows what I will add to the mix as I approach my 1st IVF???

F. Fertility Meds I've taken: Clomid, Femara and HCG

G. Gain: Oh gosh 5lbs since starting to TTC and 10 lbs since trying my first dose of fertility meds 6 months ago :cry:

H. HSG (Hysterosalpingogram): Yup 3. Once while awake showed a blockage (damage from a previous surgery to remove a cyst). Two more while under general - the first one when they fixed my tubal blockage and the next one at another surgery to remove another cyst right before they removed my tube because it healed shut :angry:

I. Infertile Pet Peeves: People not understanding the rollercoaster we are on and that our feelings are real; just because you can't see it doesn't mean that my infertility doesn't exist. My MIL telling me that there aren't any issue on her side of the family :exploding:

J. Job title: Domestic Engineer.

K. Kid's names you're afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: I've always wanted Alexander and Alexandria. At this point I think I have worked hard enough to have a baby and I will use whatever name I like. I think it would actually be easier at family events to only call one name and have all of the kids come running Posted Image

L. Length of time TTC: 3 years

M. Miscarriages: None in this relationship.

N. Number of times you've switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: None! I've been lucky and I love my clinic. This is especially lucky since there isn't another clinic for at least 800km.

O. Ovarian quality: This has yet to be seen. I have a great FSH 5.8, but there are exceptions to every rule.

P. POAS or wait for AF: I am a waiter - but I am also a pusher Posted Image

Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: You can have one of mine... Relax, go on vacation, get drunk - We have been on around 4 vacations since we stopped preventing all very relaxing and free flowing with the drinks.

S. Sperm: There is a lot of them and they swim well, but they look a bit funny 13% morphology

T. Time you tried naturally before going to an RE: 1 year 8 months before asking for referral 2 years 1 month before actually having appointment with RE.

U. Uterus quality: I have never been told there is anything wrong with it - crap now that's another thing I will have to add to my list of things to ask my RE.

V. Vagina: Yes, I do have one as it stands it is entrance only for now - boy do I wish it was an exit too.

W. What baby stuff do you already have?: 2 outfits - I swear that's it, the rest of the stuff are for emergency baby shower gifts :dontknow:

X. X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey? SO's parents (regret), my dad, my sisters and 3 friends (regret, regret and regret) and the wonderful women/men at IVF.ca

Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): Yearly? Before going to my RE I hadn't had my annual female exam for 5+ years. I have irregular paps so I have to do them often, but I don't mind it ensures I see my RE every 3-4 months.

Z. Zits: Yes and I hate them. I have to confess though I have had crappy skin for a long time, but there are so many remedies you can't take while TTC Posted Image
ME 35 SO 32 TTC #1 since September 2008

See 'About me Page' for more cycle history

November 29/11 - Unexplained IF/Recurrent loss testing

Compliment C3 & C4 below acceptable range
LA Ratio DRVVT above acceptable range
Lupus Inhibitor demonstrated
Antiphospholipid IgG above acceptable range
Antiphospholipid IgM above acceptable range (more than double)

Consultation @ VFC December 10/11

IVF/ICSI #2 (with Intralipid therapy) January/February (Victoria Fertility Clinic)
BCP December 16 -29/11 & January 6 - 28/12
Vitamin D (2000iu daily) and Iron Supplement (Ferrous Gluconate 300mg daily) - Start December 24 until Dr advises otherwise, PregVit 5 (Starting January 12/11), Vitamin E (800iu daily) until Heparin begins (Starting January 14/11) Fish Oil (1200iu daily)
Superfact (0.5mg) - Start January 22/12
Dexamethasone (0.5mg) - Start February 4/12 until beta

After ER - Doxycycline (100mg), Estrance (2mg), Prometrium (200mg 3x day), heparin 5000 units (2x day), calcium (1500mg daily), low dose aspirin (81mg daily)
Intralipids - February 13/12 and day of ET
Neupogen Uterine Flush - Day of ER

February 2/12 - E2 35p/mol
February 4/12 - 300iu Gonal-F & 75iu Repronex
February 9/12 - U/S & E2 - RIGHT- 11, 9, 10, 19, 8, 12, 11, 10, 13, 6 LEFT: 12, 7, 10, 10, 8, 6, 5, 5 E2 2635

February 9/12 Gonal-F lowered to 225iu Repronex remains at 75iu
February 11/12 - U/S & E2 - Right 14, 10, 11, 12, 10, 13, 12, 12, 14, 7 LEFT: 11, 8, 10, 13, 9, 8, 8 E2 5610
February 13/12 - U/S an E2??? & Intralipid Therapy
February 16/12 - E/R 20 eggs, 17 mature and ICSI'ed, 3 left to fertilize by regular IVF
February 17/12 - Fert Report 16 fertilized by ICSI, 1 fertilized by IVF
February 20/12 - Neupogen injection
February 21/12 - Transferred 2 Blastocysts ( 1 x Grade 19 Early Blast, 1 x Grade 19 Expanded Blast) and Intralipid Therapy and Acupuncture

“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.” - George Carlin

#2 Laura1976

Laura1976
  • Super Moderator
  • 3356 posts
  • Interests:I think right about now all I am interested in is getting PG and staying that way for 9 months!
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Heartland (IVF #1) VFC (IVF #2)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

I was just going through this thread and I though I would update my responses since this was before IVF#1 and I am on IVF#2 now.

A. Age when you started TTC: 31

B. Baby Dancing or Sex: Both, but I try not to let my SO know when it is BDing We're not really hopeful that BDing will work so now it's sex, but it is so much less than it once was.

C. Children wanted: 2, but I will gladly take one (please Posted Image , please, Posted Image please Posted Image )

D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: 3 fur-babies. I really hope they love our baby when we finally have one or the baby will have to go Posted Image My fur-babies have been here for me through almost every tear in the last 3 years.

E. Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: Prenatal, 600mg COQ10 daily - Who knows what I will add to the mix as I approach my 1st IVF??? Add 4000mg Vitamin D, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Selemium, 4000mg Fish oil, 1000mg Omega 3-6-9, Ferrous Gluconate (Iron), and Preg Vit 5.

F. Fertility Meds I've taken: Clomid, Femara and HCG. Add Gonal-F, Luveris, and Repronex.

G. Gain: Oh gosh 5lbs since starting to TTC and 10 lbs since trying my first dose of fertility meds 6 months ago Posted Image Ha, I thought 10 was bad, I think it's now around 30 lbs! If this cycle doesn't work some drastic things have to happen.

H. HSG (Hysterosalpingogram): Yup 3. Once while awake showed a blockage (damage from a previous surgery to remove a cyst). Two more while under general - the first one when they fixed my tubal blockage and the next one at another surgery to remove another cyst right before they removed my tube because it healed shut Posted Image No change.

I. Infertile Pet Peeves: People not understanding the roller coaster we are on and that our feelings are real; just because you can't see it doesn't mean that my infertility doesn't exist. My MIL telling me that there aren't any issue on her side of the family Posted Image

J. Job title: Domestic Engineer.

K. Kid's names you're afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: I've always wanted Alexander and Alexandria. At this point I think I have worked hard enough to have a baby and I will use whatever name I like. I think it would actually be easier at family events to only call one name and have all of the kids come running Posted Image

L. Length of time TTC: 3 years 3 years 5 months

M. Miscarriages: None known of in this relationship.

N. Number of times you've switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: None! I've been lucky and I love my clinic. This is especially lucky since there isn't another clinic for at least 800km. Once, I am now going to a clinic that is about 3000kms from my home. I hope this will be the last switch.

O. Ovarian quality: This has yet to be seen. I have a great FSH 5.8, but there are exceptions to every rule. Pretty darn good. Most recent FSH @ 5.0.

P. POAS or wait for AF: I am a waiter - but I am also a pusher Posted Image

Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: You can have one of mine... Relax, go on vacation, get drunk - We have been on around 4 vacations since we stopped preventing all very relaxing and free flowing with the drinks.

S. Sperm: There is a lot of them and they swim well, but they look a bit funny 13% morphology

T. Time you tried naturally before going to an RE: 1 year 8 months before asking for referral 2 years 1 month before actually having appointment with RE.

U. Uterus quality: I have never been told there is anything wrong with it - crap now that's another thing I will have to add to my list of things to ask my RE.

V. Vagina: Yes, I do have one as it stands it is entrance only for now - boy do I wish it was an exit too.

W. What baby stuff do you already have?: 2 outfits - I swear that's it, the rest of the stuff are for emergency baby shower gifts Posted Image

X. X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey? SO's parents (regret), my dad, my sisters and 3 friends (regret, regret and regret) and the wonderful women/men at IVF.ca

Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): Yearly? Before going to my RE I hadn't had my annual female exam for 5+ years. I have irregular paps so I have to do them often, but I don't mind it ensures I see my RE every 3-4 months.

Z. Zits: Yes and I hate them. I have to confess though I have had crappy skin for a long time, but there are so many remedies you can't take while TTC Posted Image
  • gibasgirl likes this
ME 35 SO 32 TTC #1 since September 2008

See 'About me Page' for more cycle history

November 29/11 - Unexplained IF/Recurrent loss testing

Compliment C3 & C4 below acceptable range
LA Ratio DRVVT above acceptable range
Lupus Inhibitor demonstrated
Antiphospholipid IgG above acceptable range
Antiphospholipid IgM above acceptable range (more than double)

Consultation @ VFC December 10/11

IVF/ICSI #2 (with Intralipid therapy) January/February (Victoria Fertility Clinic)
BCP December 16 -29/11 & January 6 - 28/12
Vitamin D (2000iu daily) and Iron Supplement (Ferrous Gluconate 300mg daily) - Start December 24 until Dr advises otherwise, PregVit 5 (Starting January 12/11), Vitamin E (800iu daily) until Heparin begins (Starting January 14/11) Fish Oil (1200iu daily)
Superfact (0.5mg) - Start January 22/12
Dexamethasone (0.5mg) - Start February 4/12 until beta

After ER - Doxycycline (100mg), Estrance (2mg), Prometrium (200mg 3x day), heparin 5000 units (2x day), calcium (1500mg daily), low dose aspirin (81mg daily)
Intralipids - February 13/12 and day of ET
Neupogen Uterine Flush - Day of ER

February 2/12 - E2 35p/mol
February 4/12 - 300iu Gonal-F & 75iu Repronex
February 9/12 - U/S & E2 - RIGHT- 11, 9, 10, 19, 8, 12, 11, 10, 13, 6 LEFT: 12, 7, 10, 10, 8, 6, 5, 5 E2 2635

February 9/12 Gonal-F lowered to 225iu Repronex remains at 75iu
February 11/12 - U/S & E2 - Right 14, 10, 11, 12, 10, 13, 12, 12, 14, 7 LEFT: 11, 8, 10, 13, 9, 8, 8 E2 5610
February 13/12 - U/S an E2??? & Intralipid Therapy
February 16/12 - E/R 20 eggs, 17 mature and ICSI'ed, 3 left to fertilize by regular IVF
February 17/12 - Fert Report 16 fertilized by ICSI, 1 fertilized by IVF
February 20/12 - Neupogen injection
February 21/12 - Transferred 2 Blastocysts ( 1 x Grade 19 Early Blast, 1 x Grade 19 Expanded Blast) and Intralipid Therapy and Acupuncture

“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.” - George Carlin