• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 EllieB

EllieB
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:First Steps fertility

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been at first steps since last summer. I'm with dr. Sony Sierra. Anyone have ivf success with first steps? I know a couple from my dog park that had iui success with first steps. I guess I'd just like some reinforcement as I go into ivf. Thanks!

#2 ChickletChips

ChickletChips
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hi,
I had luck with IUI with Dr. Weisberg when all three doctors were at Create, beofre they opened First Steps. I am now back with Dr. Weisberg and going through IVF after three failed IUI's. All I know, that in the year I have been there I have been told that they are at the top of their game and pregnancies are happening. My luck has not been that great but I do like the doctors.

#3 allycat

allycat
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, travel, research, cottage, reading, "spa time"
  • My Clinic:unspecified

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been at first steps since last summer. I'm with dr. Sony Sierra. Anyone have ivf success with first steps? I know a couple from my dog park that had iui success with first steps. I guess I'd just like some reinforcement as I go into ivf. Thanks!

Hi Ellie,

I am going to be 37 next month - got pregnant with twins in June of 2009 with Dr. Sierra of First Steps. We did IVF - 3 day 3 eggies transferred none to freeze. Hoping to be back for a fresh cycle soon. This was our only IVF attempt - so I hope that is encouraging for you ... we tried IUI before and clomid etc. for 2 years .... I also was called a poor responder as I can take the various meds for 12 days at high doses and only produce 5 follicles. We have no known medical issues. Please be patient - take good care and if there is anything I can answer pls. let me know.

#4 muriel803

muriel803
  • Global 100+
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hi,
I am late to respond but we were successful with Dr. W and are back doing a frozen transfer. I was super happy with mostly everything about the clinic. I think you've made an excellent choice. My good friend (who I referred) got pregnant with IUI as did someone I work with.

#5 august

august
  • Global 100+
  • 538 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Center

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

Hi there,

First Steps was my first clinic. I was with Dr. Marjorie Dixon. although I saw all three Doctors, depending on who was "on" in the morning at that time, I was greatly disappointed with the service and how it felt to be there. Honestly, I felt that I was a cow being herded in... and waited and waited and waited to be seen. I didn't like the Rush to get there in the morning to be monitored and the "competition" amongst the clients to be "first...

I did not care for the atmosphere at all, nor the general feel from the three Doctors themselves... I Understand the whole " Doctor / G-d" complex, but really???? These three took the cake.

I am hoping that with the previous women having success and liking thier experiences, perhaps things have changed since I was there. What I remember was there was little success when I was waiting... almost no one was getting a BFP and it just felt cold.

Good Luck to you and hope that First Steps is a Successful place for you!!!!!!!!!!
Baby Girl 1, Born December 4th, 2011. We are totally in love! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Girl #2 Born July 31stm 2013. We are thrilled and over the Moon! Baby came fast and was born at home. Daddy played doctor and delivered her here at home. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#6 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:First Step Fertility

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hello!

I just started going to First Steps about 4 months ago. So far, I love it. It`s a great clinic. I do feel a little bit like a number and my doc does not always time to explain well what is going on with me but overall I am very pleased.

My doc is a university profesor and she is very knowledgeable. It makes me feel that I am in good hands... let`s hope so!

#7 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Would that be Dr.Dixon?? I've been seeing her a few years. Had success with my first iui but miscarried and I just did my first Ivf and it was a successful! She is so positive and knows what she's doing. You're in great hands!! I just found it annoying that she was rarely at the clinic and left a lot of the work to the nurses.

#8 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Woodsy,

Yes, my doc is Dr Dixon. She is great! I agree with you that she is not at the clinic too often though. :) On Saturday, I saw another doctor but I can't remember her name. She was very good too.

I just had my first IUI this week so I am hoping that things go well. I'll keep you posted.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

#9 greenie59

greenie59
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hiya - I'm going through my first IVF at First Steps - so far I'm very happy - I'm with Dr. W.

Good luck to all.

#10 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Thanks Lali! Keep us posted on your IUi results!!

#11 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Sure! I will. I am 8 day post IUI. I kept myself busy last week and did not think too much about my IUI but today, I cannot stop thinking! I have a hard time focusing at work. My pregnancy test at the clinic is on Saturday. Will let you know how it goes.

#12 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Yes please do!!! Crossing my fingers for you!

#13 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

I will!!

I am at 11 days past IUI and I feel like AF is about to come... I also had a temp rise this morning.

I don't know what to think and I am just tired of overanalyzing at all my symptoms. I have a pregnancy test scheduled at the clinic in 2 days so I will know then if my first IUI was a success.

Talk to you soon!

#14 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hey. Both times I was pregnant I was positive that AF was coming and it didn't!! It feels exactly the same. Did you do a home Preg pee test!?

#15 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

No, I have not done a HPT. I am scared. I don't even want to go do the clinic test... but I think I will go. I just hate blood tests so I feel no point to do a blood pregnancy test if AF is going to come. I know it can be a symptom and it's unusual for me to feel that AF is about to come 4 days before of time. But something inside of me tells me that I am not pregnant. I don't know why I feel so negative, but I just cannot imagine that this first IUI could have worked.

Anyway, I will keep you posted for sure.

#16 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Can I ask how long you've been trying to conceive and how old you are?

#17 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm hoping no news is good news???? :/

#18 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Woodsie - It's a Posted Image !!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
I am 33 and we've been TTC for 2 years now. This is just so frustrating! I want to cry but for some reasons today, I can't cry. I am just exhausted.

#19 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Lali that sucks!!!!! I'm so sorry! Have they figured out if there's a problem at all or are you 'unexplained' ' like a lot of us are ??? For me it was just my age i guess, everything is perfect, I'm regular like clockwork and ovulate every month. Tubes are clear, lining is good, progesterone is good, hubby's sperm is stellar. But yet it still took me 3 yrs and Ivf worked. And my first iui 2 yrs ago worked surprisingly. I'm 40 in November.
I know how disappointing it is.........big hugs!

#20 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

I have PCOS and my cycles are very long (45-60 days). Last cycle, I was on medication and even on meds, I ovulated at day 33. Dr. Dixon says that this cycle was to get to know my body and next time I should ovulate faster. She will increase Letrozole. That should make a big difference because I am tired to wait almost 2 months to know if it worked or not.

Thanks for your support! I need it. :)

#21 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Sorry to hear about PCOS but I've heard of many people that have it and still get pregnant---Dixon will get to the bottom of it!!
You said you've been trying for 2 years, was that optimally trying ( using ovulation sticks and charting temp, etc?)

#22 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hi!

The first few months I did not use OPK or I did not chart but after that, I did. After about a year and a half, I started going to the clinic and now it's been close to 5 months that I am with Dr. Dixon.

Talk to you soon.

#23 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

You said you went to a clinic first but didn't start seeing Dixon til 5 months ago. What clinic did you go to first??

#24 woodsy

woodsy
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Oops just re-read your post , ignore my previous one above lol
Well, let me know what happens ( if you want) Are you planning on Ivf ? Is that why you're on this website?

#25 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

Woodsy, I really don't know if I want to do IVF. Dr Dixon said she will do about 2 IUI then she will probably move to IVF. I am not sure I want to do IVF though. I find it expensive and I am so afraid. I already have a hard time with the needles and all the cycle monitoring. I will have to think seriously about it.

Changing topic, do you know if there is a support group at First Steps? I'd really like to meet some girls in person and chat. Every time I go to the clinic everyone is in a hurry because they have to go to work, and I have not really talked to anyone yet. I feel it could be good for me to meet some people that have fertility issues. I am surrounded by very "fertile" people and I don't want to hang out with my friends lately because I find them insensitive.