3 replies to this topic

#1 impatient

impatient
  • Cyclebase
  • 2816 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:public adoption

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Okay, so we've gone to every other clinic in BC so far ...

Now, we're thinking about trying some IUIs as a last ditch effort. If the Victoria clinic were in Vancouver (LOL), I would stay there, but there's no point in taking the ferry for an IUI when there are three other clinics that are just a short drive away.

I've done Genesis and done PCRM so I know the pros and cons of each.

What about UBC? Has anyone done IUIs there? Please tell me the good, the bad and the ugly. And if it's really, really juicy, please feel free to PM me! ^_^
Me: 41, DH: 44
TTC: since Jan, 2008 (age 34)

DH: Low morphology, low count. Me: Stage 2-3 endometriosis, non-functional fallopian tubes, small fibroids, low AFC, low poor responder ... anything else?

Jun 2008-Sep 2011 in a nutshell: One HSG, one very traumatic office hysteroscopy, one operative laparoscopy, three fresh IVF/ICSI cycles, one chemical, one early miscarriage, two tubal recanalizations, five IUIs (3 with Clomid).

May 2010 - Aug 2011 Attempted adoption application process through the BC MCFD. Aug 2011 Signed up with a private agency. On both waiting lists as of Apr 2012. Proposal through MCFD Jul 2012. Aug 2012 - Finally ... she's home and we're a family! : )

Adoption application #2 started Aug 2013. DD2 placed May 2014, finalized Feb 2015!

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas Edison

#2 chiara

chiara
  • Global 100+
  • 119 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hello!

Yep, did a few of them and, surprisingly, they did not work. I had gotten pregnant on my own before, IUI did not work, IVF worked like a charm 2x. I am a big fan of UBC, esp doctor Williams. Even when the IUIs didn't work, I felt I was in good hands as there was always a plan to move to the next step. I also like that they don't start you off on the most aggressive protocol (unless you insist or there are reasons). Let me know if you decide to go with them and if you'd like more info. A colleague's niece just gave birth to twin boys (initially triplets) on her first IVF try at UBC.

Best of luck, chiara

#3 Behopeful

Behopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 388 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hello - I've done 2 IUI's thru UBC and while neither worked, I always felt a personal touch there with the nurses and Dr Rowe which is nice considering it's done within a hospital environment.

I'm currently cycling there right now.

Wishing you all the best!
A very long time trying...

Me: 44
DH: 46
TTC History
Sept 1997 - 1st M/C 14 wks
Many childless years...
Oct 2008 - 2nd M/C 9 wks
Jan 2009 - 3rd M/C 8 wks
Jun 2011 - 4th M/C 9 wks

#4 Zeukko

Zeukko
  • Cyclebase
  • 396 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Last year I had 5 IUIs at UBC. Our IUIs were unsuccessful due to DH's slow swimmers. In March I completed a cycle of IVF and just recently had my first FET. While the clinic lacks the bells and whistles of some of the private clinics, I feel that the care I've received was first rate. Not only have the doctors been wonderful, but the warmth I've received from the nurses, embryologists and even the receptionists has been comforting.
Me:42 and DH: 44
Married since 2004
Two amazing furbabies
TTC since Feb 2009
Sept-Dec 2010: Clomid + 5 IUIs = BFN :(
March 2011- IVF/ICSI#1: antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
22 follicles; 14 eggs; 11 fertilized; 2 transferred; 1 snowbaby
FET #1 May 2011- 1 grade 2 blastocyst = BFN
August 2011 - IVF #2:antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
21 follicles; 12 eggs; 10 fertilized; 3 transferred; 5 3d embryos frozen
FET #2 Oct 2011 = BFN FET#3 July 2012 = BFP @ Genesis Fertility Clinic Beta #1= 41 (gulp); Beta #2= 47 (ugh) = Chemical pregnancy
February 2013 - IVF #3 = BFP - Estrace, Menopur, Puregon, Orgalutron, Endometrin - Retrieved 14 egg, 11 mature, 9 fertilized. Transferred 2 blastocysts. 1 blastocyst snow babyBeta#1: 45 (uh oh)Beta#2: 555 (what?! Wow!)
Beta #3000+.
U/S shows not viable pregnancy. Stopped growing at 5w5days.

July 1st: Natural BFP on HPT - First Beta in the 400s; Second Beta dropped to 200s

April 2014: Single embryo transfer = BFN

Looking into adoption.