- - - - -

Parkdale Fall Follies!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

I thought I would start another new thread!

Hey everyone!
Just got off the couch after my Fentanyl induced nap :D The procedure was fun...if you call getting a really long needle poked thru your vagina "fun"! The drugs were as good as expected, though :D Dr.H (new one for me and very very nice!!!) drained off 650ml and strongly encouraged me to NOT head to TO as planned this weekend :mad: They think I should just lay low in case the fluid reaccumulates...oh joy :eek: I go in for a repeat Beta and OHSS blood work tomorrow am and will be seen again Tuesday after more OHSS blood work. On the bright side...it might buy me more time off work :banana:
So, DH, DS, and our god-daughter are going to Wonderland to see Dora the Explorer (for god-daughter's benefit) without me :( but, on the bright side, I will have the house all to myself for a little R&R! I don't think I have been alone in the house since we moved in. Chick Flick weekend!!!

Debi

PS. Hope everything went well today...Paula and Scarlet!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

Debi - glad to hear that everything went well. We have Dr. H and yes he's such a nice guy! Can't wait to hear your BETA # tomorrow! Being pg and having to be drained beats Toronto anytime! Enjoy the down time this weekend and take it easy! :beach:

PS: Thanks for starting the new thread! :thumb:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for starting a new thread, Debi. Sounds like things went well for your draining! Good luck on your beta tomorrow. :crsd: Love chick flicks! Enjoy your weekend on your own.

Dream: You're so lucky to have Dr. H. I met him today when he did my transfer and he's really nice!

Transfer when well! We had two 6-cell, grade 4 embryos; one 3-cell, grade 3 embryo, one multinucleated grade 3 embryo, and one two cell, grade two embryos in total. We transferred the two 6-cell, grade 4s back in :dance: and unfortunately the rest aren't freezable so they go the way of the dodo. :icon_cry:

Had a bit of spotting last night but it stopped this morning and Dr. H couldn't find any spotting on the cervix so I'm good. They put me on estrace since my E2 dropped to 49xx from 9691. That's going to be fun!

I found ET somewhat worse than ER since I didn't have drugs and I had to keep a dancing full bladder while they ran the u/s wand over my belly. Yeah me!

So I'm going to go and relax and enjoy my bedrest!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:25 AM

Good Morning,

Scarlet - It sounds like your feeling great! :banana: I will be praying for a BFP for you. :pray: DH's bday is also in September along with a whole bunch of other people we know. It's crazy! :thud-faint:

Munarea - Glad to hear that everything went well witht the HYCOSY. :thumb: I got mine done at the Monfort Hospital and it was quite painful I found. I think that it was more the Dr. than anything else. :ouch: But in the end I was told that everything looked beautiful! :dance: Can't wait to hear about the information session! :P

Well, hope everyone has a nice long weekend. I am off to Quebec City tomorrow morning. I have never been and I am quite excited. :woohoo: Plus I am off on Tuesday as well! :beach:

I will check back again soon! :wavey:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:11 AM

Morning all!
My second beta...176! :banana:
I am still bloated since my "draining" yesterday. No decrease in my weight or abd. girth :angry:
How are you doing Scarlet and Paula?
Hope everyone has a nice long weekend!

Debi

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:02 PM

New to this site...new to IVF.
Call in with first day Sept/05. Excited, nervous, anxious.
Glad to see others are out there.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:46 PM

Hi Caperqueen,

Welcome! You will find everyone on this board very friendly and supportive - just what you need at a time like this. I wish you the very best and please keep in touch and let us know how you are making progress.

Debi - Good news re: 2nd beta. :woohoo: Are you believing this is real yet? Sorry to hear that the bloating hasn't subsided. Did they give you a time frame in terms of when to expect some relief?

Scarlet - how are you doing? Feeling better? Wishing you a very speedy 2ww and of course and very very Positive outcome!! :crsd:

Well, had my appointment with Leader yesterday. Bottom line is that we have been bumped from Nov. and our start date is December. In fact, exactly what I was afraid of has happened. Due to getting test results back and his vacation, the file wasn't transferred to the Fertility Clinic in time for a Nov. start. However, after getting over the initial disappointment (with a few tears) I learned that it could've been worse...I could've been looking at a Jan. start, as they don't take as many December's b/c of the hospital shutting down etc. I think that I lucked out being there in person yesterday and was able to talk to Dr. Leader about my concerns. My education session has been booked for Thurs. Nov. 3., and b/c of my experience with IUI's I don't have to have the nurse sit-down to learn about the injections. My DH and I have also decided to go for IUI #3 at KGH in the meantime. Maybe between us no longer having an infection, his vitamin, no alcohol policy and my ACU, we might luck out and save $10 000! I'm by no ways relying on the IUI to work, but at least we are doing something while we wait.

Gotta run,

Jillian

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:37 PM

Feeling a little crampy today, not quite :mf_swordfight: , but more than usual. At least it's been a little more quiet today now that ET is over with. Managed to get a nap in between Noon and 4:00 which was nice since I think it's been a wee bit exciting the last few days and I haven't gotten enough :zz: .

Want: Thanks for your good wishes.

Debi: Great news on the second beta. :woohoo: Do you go for another beta in a few days or is that it?

Caper: Welcome! I hope you get to call in sooner rather than later.

Jillian: Good luck with the IUI. It just might save you some $$$$.

:wavey: :wavey: Hi to Everyone Else!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:54 PM

Thanks,
Glad to have found this site. Still figuring it all out. We hope we have day 1 sooner than later too. It feels like a long time waiting.
I read a note from Hope and Faith, said they were starting in Sept. too ; on another thread...we're also Sept. starters.
Thanks for all the kind energy. Much apprecited.
All the best to Scarlet and Debi, and Jillian.

Caper.

Hi Caperqueen,

Welcome! You will find everyone on this board very friendly and supportive - just what you need at a time like this. I wish you the very best and please keep in touch and let us know how you are making progress.

Debi - Good news re: 2nd beta. :woohoo: Are you believing this is real yet? Sorry to hear that the bloating hasn't subsided. Did they give you a time frame in terms of when to expect some relief?

Scarlet - how are you doing? Feeling better? Wishing you a very speedy 2ww and of course and very very Positive outcome!! :crsd:

Well, had my appointment with Leader yesterday. Bottom line is that we have been bumped from Nov. and our start date is December. In fact, exactly what I was afraid of has happened. Due to getting test results back and his vacation, the file wasn't transferred to the Fertility Clinic in time for a Nov. start. However, after getting over the initial disappointment (with a few tears) I learned that it could've been worse...I could've been looking at a Jan. start, as they don't take as many December's b/c of the hospital shutting down etc. I think that I lucked out being there in person yesterday and was able to talk to Dr. Leader about my concerns. My education session has been booked for Thurs. Nov. 3., and b/c of my experience with IUI's I don't have to have the nurse sit-down to learn about the injections. My DH and I have also decided to go for IUI #3 at KGH in the meantime. Maybe between us no longer having an infection, his vitamin, no alcohol policy and my ACU, we might luck out and save $10 000! I'm by no ways relying on the IUI to work, but at least we are doing something while we wait.

Gotta run,

Jillian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:28 PM

Still some cramping, but I'm paranoid either way. If I'm not cramping, I'm worried that it's not working. When I am, I'm worried about it too. :bang:

Caper: Keep us posted on your progress.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:25 PM

Welcome Caper!

This is also our first time at IVF/ICSI. Our start date is November. I can't wait! I know what you mean about being anxious, scared and nervous! :P

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:04 PM

Nothing much going on here. Just a whole lot of waiting. :blink:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

Hi Scarlet,

I hope the days are passing quickly for you. Waiting is such a difficult thing. Sending you all the best energy for the very best news!
Caper :flowers:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

Hi,
I have a question that might be really silly.... but does anyone know if it is okay to have your hair highlighted or coloured during this process? I know it's not something to do during pregnancy, but I wasn't sure if there were adverse affects with chemicals etc during the early stages of IVF.
Caper :icon_question:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:18 PM

Hey Caper,

I have never once been told that I couldn't do the highlighting / dye thing during my whole IUI/IVF "adventure" (notice how the word adventure makes it sound so much more fun than it actually is?!?) In fact, I was told that once you're pg you shouldn't dye, but highlighting is OK b/c it doesn't get on your skin at all.

Also, I have been told that Aveda products use pigments from plants etc., not the typical chemical stuff so you may want to look into a salon that works with only Aveda stuff - or ask Aveda directly. They probably have a website you can check out.

Hope this helps?! :dontknow:

Take care,

Jillian

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Hi there Jillian, :thanks:
Thanks for the response. Wouldn't you know...you turn 31 and gray arrives..just in time for all this adventure. I figure I better work on the hair before I "hopefully" :crsd: won't be able to play with colour. The salon I go to the Market is an Aveda, so I will check with them for sure.
Anxiously awaiting AF now. A first. :P

Caper :)

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:25 PM

I woke up from a nap this afternoon with severe cramps :mf_swordfight: :ouch: (as in nearly completely bent over and sweating bullets/in a cold sweat), didn't know what it was and then I remembered that I hadn't drank as much water today so I drank about a litre of water and a bottle of gatorade and it seemed much better, and now I'm spotting very lightly. :cry:

Called the clinic and they just said to continue everything and there's nothing that they can do since my beta isn't until the 15th. It might just be a heavy period due to all the meds.

I hope that it's just implantation spotting, but it might be just that the procedure wasn't successful. I'm still in a bit of a shock since prometrium normally keeps AF away. I'll be resting a bit and I'll keep you posted. This just sucks! :cry: :icon_cry:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:49 AM

Hi Scarlet,
We'll certainly keep you in our prayers today. Rest lots.
Caper

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

Hang in there, Scarlet!
Lots of women have some bleeding in their pregnancies.
Cramping, I am still having THAT!

Debi

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:21 AM

Had some cramping yesterday, but nothing like the one on Saturday. The spotting got a little heavier, but it is still brown so that's some good news. I guess I'm a little freaked by the cramping and spotting part together because I was told that one or the other is OK, but together is not a good sign. As well, that was how my m/c started and it just seemed like a repeat of that. :icon_cry:

Staying home today and will likely do so until Thursday when my beta is.

Caper: Thanks for your prayers. I'll take as many as I can get.

Debi: Thanks for the reassurance. I'm hoping that everything is still OK.

:wavey: :wavey: Hi to Everyone Else.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:28 AM

Scarlet,

Hope your feeling better. No matter what don't give up hope! I will be praying for you! :pray:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

Thanks, Want! I'll take all that I can. Not giving up yet, but finding it hard to :beach: . Not :zz: much at night. I think I'm too anxious to relax esp after the killer cramp on Saturday. I think I'm subconsciously afraid to relax thinking that if I do, I'll get the same problem I got on Saturday. It's esp tough since I can't take any :pill:s for this.

Can't wait for Thursday to come and go.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

Hi Scarlet,
Thinking of you everyday and hoping Thursday comes in a flash.
Caper

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:42 PM

It's neither a positive nor a negative. :blink: The test results were 21 when they should be in the 100-200 range. So it's essentially a wait and see situation. The nurse told me that they will retest me on Monday and that will determine whether this pregnancy is going to be viable or not. So I have to continue with my meds and we'll see how it goes. She says that it doesn't look good, but she did once tell someone with similar results to mine that it wasn't going to work out and that person ended up with a healthy baby. So, the suspense continues.

One good thing is that the spotting seems to have slowed to a faint trickle.

I have to say that I was prepared for a + or a -, not so much of a wait and see.

Please continue to pray/cross body parts for me.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

Scarlet - I am praying for you. :pray: :pray: :crsd: :crsd: