• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 blueeyes082

blueeyes082
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Repromed Ltd

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

I am going to be using repromed for IUI. Just wondering if anyone else has used them for this. If so can you please tell me how everything went. Thanks
TTC- May 2011
TTC- May 2011
March 2011: First consult with clinic
April 2011: Found our donor
April 2011: Had my Sonohysterosalpingogram. Everything is Normal
April 2011: Had a Transvaginal done. they said my follicles don`t seem to be growing. They said they hope they start in a few days
May 2011: Had a Transvaginal. I have 16 follicles.
May 2011: Been Put on `the pill` to kick start my period.
June 2011: Had a Transvaginal. I have 16 follicles.
June 2011: Been put on Clomiphene
June 2011: I have 5 mature follicles
June 2011: IUI#1: Had two IUIs done back to back
June 2011: Waiting to see if the IUIs took

Please check out my my Video Blog

http://www.youtube.c...r/jandjbabyblog

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1454 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi,

I never had IUI with them but a friend of mine did and got PG on her first IUI at age 39 and she had severe Endo. In her case, it was not the doctor who did the IUI but one of the nurses. I was surprised when she told me that. BUT...she did end up PG!!! Best of luck to you.
  • gibasgirl likes this
Me: 40
Dx: DH: Vasectomy; need IVF/ICSI ME: D.O.R. and many immunological issues. (Initially presented as "normal" but issues were only discovered after IVF attempt #2 and #3 after testing at new clinic)
IVF attempt #1 Nov.2009, Age 37: Long "Lupron" protocol
Dec.2009: Cycle cancelled due to oversuppression
IVF attempt #2, Age 38: April 2010: 3 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, ET of 2 embryos BFN
IVF atempt #3 at new clinic: November 2010, Age 38: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized, ET of 2 blastocysts BFP
Strong beta numbers but babies not measuring on track but one heartbeat is present. Followup u/s reveals no HB's :( Had D&C--so sad.
Moved to new clinic closer to home + more of a focus on testing for potential immunological factors:
Further testing reveals three mutations related to inherited thrombophilia (2 MTHFR mutations and PA1-1 mutation), positive ANA, elevated NK cells and cytokines and low levels of leukocyte antibodies (LADS), Recommended Immunological treatment: Humira, LIT, IVig and blood thinners if PG
IVF Protocol: Low stim for me/ TESE needed for DH; took Humira in late August and early September; taking DHEA plus Co-Enzyme Q10, vitamins for DH just for good measure! September--two trips to Mexico for LIT treatment, treatments 3 weeks apart
Initial re-testing through Alan Beer Centre after some of the immune treatments reveals only cytokines were lowered, NKs still high and LAD numbers still low. Another LIT in Mexico is recommended. We decide to begin cycle on doctor's recommendation of just doing IVIG.
IVF#4, Age 39 : November 2011: Worst AFC EVER--a whopping 4! Three follicles responded, two eggs were retrieved. Three day transfer of two Grade 1 8 cell embryos: "Fahita" & "Burrito" Stick, stick, stick little ones!
BFP! Beta of 569
Viability u/s at 6 w 2d shows TWO babies measuring on track with heartbeats of 121. Looks like babies might be sharing the same amniotic sac.
Second u/s at 7w 2 d shows ONE baby with hb of 150, measuring 7 w 3 days. No sign of twin. Vanishing twin syndrome?
Third u/s at 8 w 2d shows ONE baby with hb of 170, measuring 8 w 3 days. Looks like a little jellybean!
12 week u/s at 12 w 2 days and baby is measuring 12 w 5 days with a heart beat of 150. Baby mooned us and waved at us with one hand....looked like a "royal" wave to me!
13 week doctor's appointment, HB=155 on doppler
14 week u/s to check cervix, HB=148
16 week u/s to check cervix, HB=138, baby had hiccups!
20 week u/s--everything looks good! HB=130, looks like we're having a GIRL!
IPS results very good!
39 weeks: Our baby girl arrived!!! She is healthy and beautiful! We are so happy! :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

#3 blueeyes082

blueeyes082
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

WOW! Well that would be nice. I am young still. Let`s hope its like that for me too
TTC- May 2011
TTC- May 2011
April 2011: Had a Transvaginal done. they said my follicles don`t seem to be growing. They said they hope they start in a few days

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 kimmyma

kimmyma
  • Cyclebase
  • 91 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham fertility clinic

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:43 AM

Hi Blueeyes082!

I'm going for my first consult tomorrow. I am reading mixed views on Dr D here, so I'm kinda nervious. How are you finding Dr D so far? Good luck on your IUI!
Me:33 Unicornuate Uterus
DH:35 Oligozoospermia
TTC since June 2009
First SA done Oct 2010
Feb 25th 2011 First visit to urologist
April 7th 2011 Second visit to urologist
April 11th 2011 First visit to Fertility Clinic
April 2011 First IVF cycle-BFN
Nov 1st 2011 ET-FET-BFP-Chemical

Took some time off
Sept 2012-changed clinic got referred to Dr G at Markham Fertility Oct 2012- found huge Septum and Uniconate Uterus
March 2013- Septum removal, turns out it was a huge adhesion not a septum
May 2013- 2nd IVFMay 10- ERMay 15- transferred 1 4AB blast
May 24 9dp5dt- early beta 56
May 27 12pd5dt- 2nd beta 252
Jan 15th 2014- Beautiful Baby Girl was born.

#5 blueeyes082

blueeyes082
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

so far he seems great. I would go on how you feel about him. Remember not everyone is going to like everyone
TTC- May 2011
TTC- May 2011

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Sidney

Sidney
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I just posted my reply below on another thread but thought I should also post it here:

I just completed my first natural IUI cycle at Repromed and will not be returning.  I had requested the two insemination protocol, one just before ovulation (when LH surge detected) and one the day after.  I went in on day 10, had ultrasound and bloodwork and I was told that I wouldn't ovulate for another couple days.  I then get a phone call about three hours later from the nurse saying that I was LH surging (I guess they sent me home before they got bloodwork results).  I said I could be there in 10 minutes for insemination but she said that since it was the weekend everyone has gone home so they can't do the insemination today.  But she said I could always come in the next day for the insemination when the staff will be back.  So I go in the next day, ultrasound shows I already ovulated so only had one insemination.

My real issue with the clinic comes when I call the clinic to discuss how this situation could be avoided next cycle.  I speak to a nurse called Petroiya.  When I expressed my concerns that if I ovulate on a weekend I may not be able to have the two inseminations, she was incredibly rude and condescending.  She said :  "What do you expect - that I call a staff meeting to announce that the day  when you come in no one can leave the clinic until your bloodwork results are in?"   

The clinic advertises itself as a stress free spa like environment - and yes they do play spa like music in the procedure rooms - but the stress that this clinic created for me was more reminiscent of a war zone than any spa like environment!

#7 Frannie2012

Frannie2012
  • Global 100+
  • 269 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this clinic. I had 3 IUI's with them and found them great (although my IUI's were unsuccessful, I don't think it was the fault of the clinic).

I did not do natural cycles - I used clomid and the trigger shot. This made timing easier. As for the weekend - they were always great. I had two IUI's on the weekend. The doctor even came in on a saturday - just for me- as I overstimulated with clomid.

That nurse does not sound familiar-perhaps it was just the wrong person.

I wish you much luck on your future fertility journey.

Me: 33

DH: 35

TTC since Sept. 2011

Aug. 2012 - DX with PCOS (started metformin)

Aug. 2012 - Oct 2012 - clomid + trigger , timed X2 - BFN

Oct 2012-Jan 2013 - clomid + trigger IUI X3 - BFN

Took a break until the spring to begin IVF -

June 1 - Started BCPs

June 24 - Start stimming....75iu meopur, 75iu puregon

June 27- (moved up to 100iu of puregon)

June 29 (moved up to 150 iu of puregon)

July 1 - scan...6-10 follicles expected on ER day

July 3 - last day of stimming, HCG trigger

July 5 - ER.....8 Retrived, 5 mature, 5 fertilized

July 7 - 5 embryos

July 8 - ET (2, grade 1 embryos transferred), 3 embryos to be frozen (1 - grade 1, 2 - grade 2)

July 22 - BFP!!! 

July 24 - Beta repeated - numbers doubling....fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy!!

#8 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1454 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

I've never done IUI at this clinic--I did an IVF but the experience overall wasn't great.  I did find that they tended to time things so that retrieval didn't end up on a weekend which did not benefit me at all as I felt that I triggered too soon to accomodate the doctor's schedule rather than the doctor timing things to me. 

I also found some of the staff there to be unprofessional. On the day of my ET, the receptionist/nurse at the front desk was engaged in a lengthy argument over the phone with her boyfriend.  Didn't exactly set a very professional tone!

The conversation that you had with the nurse sounds horrible and she shouldn't be working at a fertility clinic in my opinion.  

I do know of someone who had success with her IUI on the first try there though. But...she found the communication from the clinic was poor and she had to rush to the clinic to do it at the last minute based on her blood results. And, although she became pregnant, it was not because of the doctor's expertise. He didn't do her IUI...a nurse did.  

Wishing you luck in the future!

Leigh

• gibasgirl likes this
Me: 40
Dx: DH: Vasectomy; need IVF/ICSI ME: D.O.R. and many immunological issues. (Initially presented as "normal" but issues were only discovered after IVF attempt #2 and #3 after testing at new clinic)
IVF attempt #1 Nov.2009, Age 37: Long "Lupron" protocol
Dec.2009: Cycle cancelled due to oversuppression
IVF attempt #2, Age 38: April 2010: 3 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, ET of 2 embryos BFN
IVF atempt #3 at new clinic: November 2010, Age 38: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized, ET of 2 blastocysts BFP
Strong beta numbers but babies not measuring on track but one heartbeat is present. Followup u/s reveals no HB's :( Had D&C--so sad.
Moved to new clinic closer to home + more of a focus on testing for potential immunological factors:
Further testing reveals three mutations related to inherited thrombophilia (2 MTHFR mutations and PA1-1 mutation), positive ANA, elevated NK cells and cytokines and low levels of leukocyte antibodies (LADS), Recommended Immunological treatment: Humira, LIT, IVig and blood thinners if PG
IVF Protocol: Low stim for me/ TESE needed for DH; took Humira in late August and early September; taking DHEA plus Co-Enzyme Q10, vitamins for DH just for good measure! September--two trips to Mexico for LIT treatment, treatments 3 weeks apart
Initial re-testing through Alan Beer Centre after some of the immune treatments reveals only cytokines were lowered, NKs still high and LAD numbers still low. Another LIT in Mexico is recommended. We decide to begin cycle on doctor's recommendation of just doing IVIG.
IVF#4, Age 39 : November 2011: Worst AFC EVER--a whopping 4! Three follicles responded, two eggs were retrieved. Three day transfer of two Grade 1 8 cell embryos: "Fahita" & "Burrito" Stick, stick, stick little ones!
BFP! Beta of 569
Viability u/s at 6 w 2d shows TWO babies measuring on track with heartbeats of 121. Looks like babies might be sharing the same amniotic sac.
Second u/s at 7w 2 d shows ONE baby with hb of 150, measuring 7 w 3 days. No sign of twin. Vanishing twin syndrome?
Third u/s at 8 w 2d shows ONE baby with hb of 170, measuring 8 w 3 days. Looks like a little jellybean!
12 week u/s at 12 w 2 days and baby is measuring 12 w 5 days with a heart beat of 150. Baby mooned us and waved at us with one hand....looked like a "royal" wave to me!
13 week doctor's appointment, HB=155 on doppler
14 week u/s to check cervix, HB=148
16 week u/s to check cervix, HB=138, baby had hiccups!
20 week u/s--everything looks good! HB=130, looks like we're having a GIRL!
IPS results very good!
39 weeks: Our baby girl arrived!!! She is healthy and beautiful! We are so happy! :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers