2210 replies to this topic

#26 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility centre

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

They close for about 3'weeks over summer, and for the 2 weeks over Christmas break. They will be open after the breif closing in the summer, but wont be doing government funded IVF if their quota is met. i think Lucy that a frozen egg transfer would be included in that quota, since the are covered by the government as well. I will definitely get more answers when I am there on April 8 as to what wont be available for Quebec patients after the quota is met.

i will be cycling around the same time as you. I had to do a oong protocol because of a cyst, so I am on Buserelin right now and go back on April 8 as long as I ge my period by then (finished Provera on Saturday). As long as the cyst is gone, i will start Puregon that day and will have an estimated ER date of April 18.
Me: 25 years old, PCOS
Hubby: 30, no problems

IUI 1: August with Femara, HCG shot and metformin. No luck

IUI 2: September with Femara, HCG and metformin. No luck again

Cycle 3: Femara, HCG, timed intercourse due to Thanksgiving. Nothing

IUI 3: November with Femara, HCG, metformin. Still no luck

December 2010: Clinic closed over Christmas

January 2011: Sitting out this one due to a cyst

February 2011: Ultrasound still shows a cyst, another cycle out :(

IVF 1: beginning medication mid March for our first IVF
Egg retreival April 10. Only 5 eggs retrieved and only 2 mature! Both fertilized but neither divided :( No ET.

IVF 2:
Egg retrieval August 2. 18 eggs retrieved, but only 8 mature with 6 fertilized.
Embryo transfer August 5. Woohoo! One 8-cell Grade 1 embie put in. *fingers crossed*
BFN!

IVF 3:
Egg retrieval: October 13th. 18 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilized.
Embryo transfer: October 18th. One "beautiful" blast put back in.
BFP!!!!!
Beta 1: 10dp5dt......119
Beta 2: 13dp5dt......275 (clinic concerned that it did not double in exactly 48 hours, so third beta scheduled)
Beta 3: 15dp5dt......758 Thank you God! Still in the game!
Ultrasound #1: Nov. 11, 2011 (6w1d) Saw heart flickers.
Ultrasound #2: Nov. 18, 2011 (7w1d) Baby measures 7 weeks (9.7mm) HB 126. Cervix only measuring 3.4cm?
Ultrasound #3: Nov. 29, 2011 (8w5d) Baby measures 8w4days (19.9mm) HB 185. Cervix normal!
OB appointment: Dec 19, 2011:
NT Scan: Dec 22, 2011:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

#27 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Mtl Fert / Ottawa Fert / Hannam Fert

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:31 AM

Good luck Lisa!! ALl the best, I did the short protocol for my first 2 IVF's.. it didn't feel much different, other than you don't take superfact..just gonal F/puregon and such. But it's a different cycle... I had trouble understanding the difference, but Dr. Mahutte told me I should have never been on the short protocol for my problems and switched me to the long protocol and it worked first time...so he knows what he is doing... all the best.

Lucy - MFC closes twice a year for 2-4 weeks because those two doctors work 7 days a week for months on end... this was done even before free IVF. But yes, I understand that they only have enough funding to cover off 6 months worth of IVF each year right now... I think they are suppose to increase the funding each year. When I went to MFC, they had lots of out of province patients, so I'm assuming they survive on that and IUI's and frozen embryo transfers for the rest of the year? I have no idea... as for another clinic in Ottawa - only 1 and I went there for over 3 years and I'm done with them. IUI's are partially covered here in Ontario - still costs $750 out of pocket, so it's not worth it in our case. IVF or bust. I don't know what we'll do if we can't cycle at MFC. DH and I agree that we cant' pay almost $8k with only 1 embryo transfer... it really has to be a min of 2 or 3 embryo transfer for it to be worth it for us. We'll see with the RE says and go from there! I hope its good news!
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
Unexplained infertility / mild male factor
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
1st IVF - April 2008 - M/C @ 6 wks - OFC
1st Beta 25, 2nd Beta 87, 3rd Beta 257 BFP
2nd IVF - January 2y009 - No transfer - OFC
ER 23 eggs, 20 mature, 17 fertilized - TOTAL EPIC FAILURE - ALL 17 Embies arrested in development by Day 5
3rd IVF - June 2009 - This is it! - New Clinic - Montreal Fertility Centre
ER: June 8th - 16 fertilized eggs (no frosties)
ET: June 11th (2 excellent 8cell) & 13th (1 perfect blast)
HPT++++
June 24 1st Beta: 312 BFP
June 26 2nd Beta: 682
July 13 US: Singleton HB 130
July 25 US: HB 175 saw fetus moving
Aug 8 US: HB 165 all perfect
Aug 17 US: HB 157 all perfect
Oct 5 US: It's a BOY!!!!
Born March 3, 2010 - Julien Tristan
May 2011 - Natural BFP - Ectopic
Now trying the old fashion way - Bust
4th IVF - Dec 2011 - Back to OFC
Jan 16 - ER 11 eggs - 3 mature, 2 fertilized (OFC f**ked up again - triggered me too soon)
Jan 18 - Emergency Day 2 ET - 2 4 cell embryo's transferred
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
5th & Final IVF - July 2012 - 3rd opinion - Hannam Fertility
Satelitte monitoring at OFC
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Transferred 3 perfect embryos - 1 blast frozen
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445
Aug 27th US ~ 1 perfect little bean HB 120
Sept 10th US - all good HB 162
Due Date: April 16th, 2013 It's a GIRL!!!
Born April 9th, 2013 - Amelia Danica

#28 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Good luck Lisa!! ALl the best, I did the short protocol for my first 2 IVF's.. it didn't feel much different, other than you don't take superfact..just gonal F/puregon and such. But it's a different cycle... I had trouble understanding the difference, but Dr. Mahutte told me I should have never been on the short protocol for my problems and switched me to the long protocol and it worked first time...so he knows what he is doing... all the best.

Lucy - MFC closes twice a year for 2-4 weeks because those two doctors work 7 days a week for months on end... this was done even before free IVF. But yes, I understand that they only have enough funding to cover off 6 months worth of IVF each year right now... I think they are suppose to increase the funding each year. When I went to MFC, they had lots of out of province patients, so I'm assuming they survive on that and IUI's and frozen embryo transfers for the rest of the year? I have no idea... as for another clinic in Ottawa - only 1 and I went there for over 3 years and I'm done with them. IUI's are partially covered here in Ontario - still costs $750 out of pocket, so it's not worth it in our case. IVF or bust. I don't know what we'll do if we can't cycle at MFC. DH and I agree that we cant' pay almost $8k with only 1 embryo transfer... it really has to be a min of 2 or 3 embryo transfer for it to be worth it for us. We'll see with the RE says and go from there! I hope its good news!

Hi Guys,

I was really under the impression that the quotas were for every 6 months because Dr. Ouhilal had said that if I didn't do IVF before their vacation in June-July (when they met their quotas) then I could cycle in August- so I just assumed that there was still government funding then, or that they started their quotas over. I would really like to know because I don't want to wait until January if this cycle does not work.

Dr. Ouhilal said that I should be on the short cycle because I had a follicle count that was on the low-normal side (6 on each side) and that since my cycle was short and that I had ovulated early in my IUI cycles that perhaps my eggs were losing their quality. Does that make any sense?

I have never met Dr. Mahutte. Do you guys think that Dr. Ouhilal is as good as Dr. Mahutte?

Take care,
Lisa
Where do I start?

I have an irregularly shaped uterus, I have had a uterine septum removed, I have an endocervical folds that are most probably causing persistent fluid in my uterus, I had chronic endometritis for over a year, a luteal phase defect, I had two dermoid cysts (benign tumours the size of oranges) on my ovaries removed, I am MTHFR heterozygous, and have been told that I may have an "egg quality" issue.You name it, I've got it :(

Miracle DS born December 2008

December 2009: TTC#2

June 2010: Started at McGill. Transferred to Montreal Reproductive Center- had a horrible experience Switched to Montreal Fertility Center- So happy there!

IVF #1-
short protocolER: April 21/11- 8 eggs, 7 mature 5 embryosOn day 3: 4x4 cell grade 2 and 1x2 cell grade 15 day transfer of 1 blast on April 26/11 (two surprise blast frosties)
Beta on May 6/11. BFN :(

June 2011: On the waiting list for adoption from South Korea

July 2011:Persistent chronic endometritis (endometrial inflammation from a complication post c-section) finally cured!

FET #1:
September 8th 2011- transfer of 2 blasts
Beta on September 19/11 BFN :(

IVF #2-
short protocol againER: Oct. 5/11- 13 eggs collected, 11 mature and fertilized2DPER- : 11 embryos were grades 2&3 and 2,3,4 and 5 cells
Oct. 10/11 5 day transfer of 1 blast.
Two blast frosties
Beta on October 20/11 BFN :(

Consultation @OVO- October 2011.
Re-consulted @McGill. Staying with MFC for now.

Operative hysteroscopy with Dr. M on February 23, 2012 to hopefully remove and endocervical cyst or polyp. --- no cyst or polyp, but endocervical folds were found that are most probably damage from a cerclage from my previous pregnancy. The folds cannot be removed but should not effect implantation.

Phone consult booked with Dr. Librach, a reproductive immunologist, to explore possible immune issues. (Feb. 16, 2012) rescheduled for February 28th, 2012. Dr. Librach said that I most probably have immune issue based on my history and symptoms. With next transfer I will be:-Having an intralipid infusion,-using steroids-Using baby aspirin-Praying that it works!And traveling back and forth from Toronto for treatments along with cycling at MFC.

FET #2
Started Estrace April 9, 2012
Estimated transfer date: April 26, 2012
CYCLE CANCELLED- lining didn't look right even though it grew but only after 16 days

FET #3 (actually FET #2 Take 2)Started Estrace May 9th, 2012- lining not cooperating again :(Cycle cancelled again.

This was our last try before going down a new path...I'm done. My body and soul can't take this anymore.

May 2012: Looking into surrogacy.
June 2012: Now looking for a surrogate
Sept 2012: We may have found the most wonderful surrogate! Keep your fingers crossed after so much heartache (after contacting over 250 surrogates and getting close with about 4 before all contact stopped?)

May 2012: It looks like it is going to be at least 4 more years. Adoption from South Korea has slowed down.

September 2012: South Korea waiting list closed because there are no proposed children. Hopefully things will pick up.

On the waiting list for adoption from Kazakhstan ( looking at a probable 2 year wait.)

October 2012: Called to sign a contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec. In Shock! Might be adopting from Kazakstan earlier than anticipated!

November 2012: Waiting for my surrogate to have her sonohystogram.Signed contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec and opened file with SAI.

Starting home study in January 2013.So, right now, it seems like its always all or nothing! Pursuing surrogacy (in the screening stage/pre-contract) and international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'm praying that we will choose the right path. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do.

Adoption process on pause.

Surrogacy journey: Amazing surrogate passed psych and cleared medically. We will be meeting with dr. M to make plan.

May 2013: Getting ready for FET in a May. I high quality blast to my surrogate. BFN

Took the summer 2013 off.

November 2013: Ovarian stimulation -7 follicles. Only 1 egg :( Possible ET to GS Friday November 29, 2013. NOPE. EGG was abnormal.

April 4, 2014: Last cycle with incredible surrogate ended with a BFN

April 28, 2014: Submitted file for home study. Collecting documents to complete my file.

August 2014: Still waiting for home study...

Starting home study soon! Stay tuned...

#29 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

That's great news about the quotas, what I said is what I read in the news when free IVF came into effect last August... glad to hear things have changed and that they have enough $$ for the whole year. I've never met Dr.Ouhilal so I can't compare the two.. but they are husband and wife... I'm sure she's just as good as Dr. Mahutte... I've heard very good things about her too.
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
ER 23 eggs, 20 mature, 17 fertilized - TOTAL EPIC FAILURE - ALL 17 Embies arrested in development by Day 5
HPT++++
Jan 16 - ER 11 eggs - 3 mature, 2 fertilized (OFC f**ked up again - triggered me too soon)
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#30 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

That's great news about the quotas, what I said is what I read in the news when free IVF came into effect last August... glad to hear things have changed and that they have enough $$ for the whole year. I've never met Dr.Ouhilal so I can't compare the two.. but they are husband and wife... I'm sure she's just as good as Dr. Mahutte... I've heard very good things about her too.

Thanks Sandi. I am so unsure about doctors in general. I've had so many bad doctors going down this path (at McGill and MRC) and I just don't really trust anyone anymore.
I hope that Dr. Ouhilal know what she talking about! She was really nice and I thought that it was very professional of her to have read and remembered my file and to have made eye contact with me when I was speaking to her. Something that other doctors did not do...
When is your appointment? I'm just picturing myself sitting in the waiting room looking at the other patients wondering which ones I have written to on this forum!
Where do I start?

I have an irregularly shaped uterus, I have had a uterine septum removed, I have an endocervical folds that are most probably causing persistent fluid in my uterus, I had chronic endometritis for over a year, a luteal phase defect, I had two dermoid cysts (benign tumours the size of oranges) on my ovaries removed, I am MTHFR heterozygous, and have been told that I may have an "egg quality" issue.You name it, I've got it :(

June 2010: Started at McGill. Transferred to Montreal Reproductive Center- had a horrible experience Switched to Montreal Fertility Center- So happy there!

IVF #1-
short protocolER: April 21/11- 8 eggs, 7 mature 5 embryosOn day 3: 4x4 cell grade 2 and 1x2 cell grade 15 day transfer of 1 blast on April 26/11 (two surprise blast frosties)

July 2011:Persistent chronic endometritis (endometrial inflammation from a complication post c-section) finally cured!

FET #1:

IVF #2-
short protocol againER: Oct. 5/11- 13 eggs collected, 11 mature and fertilized2DPER- : 11 embryos were grades 2&3 and 2,3,4 and 5 cells
Two blast frosties

Operative hysteroscopy with Dr. M on February 23, 2012 to hopefully remove and endocervical cyst or polyp. --- no cyst or polyp, but endocervical folds were found that are most probably damage from a cerclage from my previous pregnancy. The folds cannot be removed but should not effect implantation.

Phone consult booked with Dr. Librach, a reproductive immunologist, to explore possible immune issues. (Feb. 16, 2012) rescheduled for February 28th, 2012. Dr. Librach said that I most probably have immune issue based on my history and symptoms. With next transfer I will be:-Having an intralipid infusion,-using steroids-Using baby aspirin-Praying that it works!And traveling back and forth from Toronto for treatments along with cycling at MFC.

FET #2
CYCLE CANCELLED- lining didn't look right even though it grew but only after 16 days

FET #3 (actually FET #2 Take 2)Started Estrace May 9th, 2012- lining not cooperating again :(Cycle cancelled again.

This was our last try before going down a new path...I'm done. My body and soul can't take this anymore.

Sept 2012: We may have found the most wonderful surrogate! Keep your fingers crossed after so much heartache (after contacting over 250 surrogates and getting close with about 4 before all contact stopped?)

May 2012: It looks like it is going to be at least 4 more years. Adoption from South Korea has slowed down.

September 2012: South Korea waiting list closed because there are no proposed children. Hopefully things will pick up.

On the waiting list for adoption from Kazakhstan ( looking at a probable 2 year wait.)

October 2012: Called to sign a contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec. In Shock! Might be adopting from Kazakstan earlier than anticipated!

November 2012: Waiting for my surrogate to have her sonohystogram.Signed contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec and opened file with SAI.

Starting home study in January 2013.So, right now, it seems like its always all or nothing! Pursuing surrogacy (in the screening stage/pre-contract) and international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'm praying that we will choose the right path. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do.

Surrogacy journey: Amazing surrogate passed psych and cleared medically. We will be meeting with dr. M to make plan.

May 2013: Getting ready for FET in a May. I high quality blast to my surrogate. BFN

November 2013: Ovarian stimulation -7 follicles. Only 1 egg :( Possible ET to GS Friday November 29, 2013. NOPE. EGG was abnormal.

April 28, 2014: Submitted file for home study. Collecting documents to complete my file.

#31 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

Thats great news Lisa!!! Makes me less stressed out. Im sure the doctor would not give you false info so if she said you can start in August then you must be able too. I prefer Dr O but mainly because she is a woman so its just more comfortable. But Dr. mahutte is very nice too. Let me know next time you have an app at the clinic. Who knows, some of us could end up being there at the same time. My next app is Apr 8 at 10:45, as long as my period comes before then.

Egg retreival April 10. Only 5 eggs retrieved and only 2 mature! Both fertilized but neither divided :( No ET.

IVF 2:
Embryo transfer August 5. Woohoo! One 8-cell Grade 1 embie put in. *fingers crossed*
BFN!

IVF 3:
BFP!!!!!
Beta 2: 13dp5dt......275 (clinic concerned that it did not double in exactly 48 hours, so third beta scheduled)
Ultrasound #2: Nov. 18, 2011 (7w1d) Baby measures 7 weeks (9.7mm) HB 126. Cervix only measuring 3.4cm?
Ultrasound #3: Nov. 29, 2011 (8w5d) Baby measures 8w4days (19.9mm) HB 185. Cervix normal!

#32 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hi Lisa,

Unless you are cycling in August, not sure we'll meet up... but I'll post my appts here incase some of us can meet up in the waiting room. My consult is April 21st...so if any of you ladies will be there around noonish, let me know. I hope to cycle near the end of the summer, I'm timing it with my return to work labour day.
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
HPT++++
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#33 Hostlucy

Hostlucy
  • Global 100+
  • 426 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:OVO/MFC/McGill

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

I go for day 3 ultrasound on Friday at 9:30!! Crossing my fingers that I don't have any cysts.
Me: 43 DH: 43
IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 BFP!!

9 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 transfered
2 -5 cell grade 2-3, 1-9 cell grade 3
10dp3dt + hpt
12dp3dt beta = 109, 237 & 25dp3dt 15418
1st u/s May 16 - twins!! Babies measure 6w1d
Twin A hb 111, Twin B hb 101
June 3, Twin B didn't make it
DS born December 26, 2009

IVF #4 BFN
IVF #5 BFN
IVF #6 BFP!!
11 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized!
1 6 cell and 1 8 cell embryo transfered, good quality
2 4 cell embryos frozen
9dp3dt faint + on First Response
12dp3dt beta = 97, 167, 295, 408
1st U/S 08/18/11 Baby measures 6w1d, no HB detected
2nd U/S 08/25/11 Baby measures 6w4d, HB normal
3rd U/S 09/13/11 Baby measures 9w1d, 174bpm

12/2011 -Baby diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve
DS born April 4, 2012

#34 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Good luck!!! I will miss you by a week, im in next Friday and praying my cyst is gone. Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

IVF 2:
BFN!

IVF 3:
BFP!!!!!

#35 Hostlucy

Hostlucy
  • Global 100+
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

Good luck!!! I will miss you by a week, im in next Friday and praying my cyst is gone. Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

I don't have a cyst so I'm officially cycling this month! The appt took me 2 hours from start to finish; I think it's a bit long but I do like the doctors alot. I have 8 follicles on the right and 4 on the left. I find they do alot more ultrasounds than at Ovo. It may be a good thing but I still find it stressful having to miss work and plus it's takes long so that doesn't help. I go back on Tuesday for another u/s and then they have Friday and Saturday u/s with ??
IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 BFP!!

10dp3dt + hpt

IVF #4 BFN
IVF #5 BFN
IVF #6 BFP!!
2 4 cell embryos frozen

DS born April 4, 2012

#36 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hi Guys,
The clinic won't be closed for 6 months. The clinic closes every 6 months. From what I understood, the government has quotas for every 6 months- not for the year.

I'm going to be cycling soon, I'm probably going with the short protocol since I only had 6 follicles on each ovary and a short cycle. Does anyone have any experience with the short cycle.

I'm waiting for AF which is usually between CD 21-23, but this months I'm on BPC, so I think that I will make it to CD 28 (April 7th). Will any of you guys be cycling then?

Baby dust to all!

Lisa :)

Hi Guys,
So I went in for my CD3 US yesterday and started estrace. Friday I start injections. I'm on the short protocol because of possible egg quality issue. I was so surprised that I was able to leave with all meds. I haven't paid anything yet though, I was told that the pharmacy would call...is that what you guys did with meds?
Here we go...hoping for the best!
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#37 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Yeah!!! Great news... and yes the pharmacy will call you in about a week or so for your credit card number. They will send the receipts in the mail. They are so nice at the pharmacy and you can call them anytime with questions! Let us know how your cycle goes... all the best!! It was the same for me and I still hadn't even paid for my IVF yet... money seems secondary, even before free IVF! They really care about their patients. In Ottawa, they wont' even talk to you if you haven't paid 100% of hte IVF upfront... it's a huge difference in service!!
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
HPT++++
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#38 Hostlucy

Hostlucy
  • Global 100+
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

Lisa, how did your first injections go? I also haven't paid for the meds yet and it's been a week.

Melissa, how did your appt go today? I missed you by a couple hours.

AFM, I had my 3rd u/s today and I have 7 follies between 8-13mm growing. I go back on Monday and was told ER will be either Wednesday or Thursday.

Hi Sandi :)
IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 BFP!!

10dp3dt + hpt

IVF #4 BFN
IVF #5 BFN
IVF #6 BFP!!
2 4 cell embryos frozen

DS born April 4, 2012

#39 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

Exciting! Glad to hear the new. Well the good news is my cyst is down to a small size. But because i didnt get a full period my lining is still kind of thick so the doctor wants me to stay on the buserelin injections another week. So i go back next thursday and hopeully things look good then to start the puregon. So now everything is pretty much pushed back a week *sighs*

IVF 2:
BFN!

IVF 3:
BFP!!!!!

#40 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Hi Guys,
My first injection was ok. The Puregon was ok, but the Reprenox stung! I go in on Tuesday for my ultrasound to see how the follicles are growing. I had 9 on one side and only 2 on the other on day 3.

Wow Lucy, ER already!
Melissa, hopefully things will work out.
Sandi, have you heard anything about being able to transfer more than one embryo since you are out of province?
Keeping my fingers cross for everyone!

Lisa
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#41 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

Lucy,

Great start...sounds promissing!

Lisa,

Sounds like things are progressing nicely..., yeah I remember the repronex stringing too... kinda burns... all the best..so close.

Melissa,

Great news on the cyst...at least you can cycle and a week is not long to wait...at least you don't have to wait an entire other cycle.

AFM, stopped nursing last weekend... had a plugged milk duck which is now gone, but I have thrush in the other breast... but otherwise the baby seems no worse for wear, which means when I see Dr. Mahutte in 2 weeks, I can start doing all the testing since I won't be nursing anymore... no news on the embryo transfer - i'll let you ladies know after our appt on the 21st!!

Cheers!
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
HPT++++
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#42 missem

missem
  • 18 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCOS and now blocked tubes OFC

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hi ladies!

Sounds like everyone is doing well so far!

I went for my appointment at the OFC on Monday and got an order for a strict Kruger SA (post varicocele embolization) and some Femara (5mg) for myself. I told them I wanted a copy of my file and will pick it up when we go in for the SA results. They know we are getting a second opinion in MTL and don't seem to really care. I will call the MFC next week and book an appointment for a consult and asked if I can mail a copy of my file to them. (I'd rather do that then to leave it up to the OFC!)

Hope things go well this week for you Lucy, Lisa and Melissa. Sandibeach, you're getting close to your appointment!

Take Care everyone!

Emily

#43 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

Missem - if you are paying for a copy of your file wiht OFC, just bring it with you to your consult. They wont' have a chance to read it until your appt - that's how it was for us. Ours was mailed from OFC, because Dr. Min did a referral and it cost us nothing (the only way to get it free from OFC) and MFC lost the file...I had to call back 3 times to insist they look for it and eventually they did find it. OFC told me that they frequently lose files from them...which I tend to believe based on my experience...so don't waste your money sending it to them... but don't worry - they are very organized once you are there.. it just seems files from other clinics for patiens that are not yet in their database is problamtic.
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
HPT++++
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#44 Hostlucy

Hostlucy
  • Global 100+
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Melissa, bummer that you can't start right away but at least it's just one more week!

Emily, I brought my file with me and Dr. Mahutte read it minutes before calling us in his office and although my file is pretty thick, he didn't miss a thing. He even caught that I hadn't had a blood test for my thyroid in over a year which Ovo didn't and in fact the result came back high so I was very impressed with him.

Sandi, sorry about the thrush and blocked milk duct. I remember those vividly! The thrush is the worst. Hope you are better soon.

Lisa, I also remember the repronex sometimes stinging but not always. I used to think I had done something wrong but maybe when it didn't sting, I did something wrong! lol What dose are you on? I'm on the lowest dose that I have ever been on including when I started cycling at 33. Only 300 Gonal F and 75 Luveris. Last cycle I was on 300 puregon and 300 repronex. I wonder if lower dose equals better quality or does that not effect the eggs at all?
IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 BFP!!

10dp3dt + hpt

IVF #4 BFN
IVF #5 BFN
IVF #6 BFP!!
2 4 cell embryos frozen

DS born April 4, 2012

#45 Hostlucy

Hostlucy
  • Global 100+
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hi girls,

My retrieval is on Thursday which is the same day I had my retrieval for my son 2 years ago! I'm going to take it as a good sign!! I only have 4 follicles around 20mm and 3 more lagging around 16mm so hoping to get 7 eggs.

Hope all is well with everyone. :)
IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 BFP!!

10dp3dt + hpt

IVF #4 BFN
IVF #5 BFN
IVF #6 BFP!!
2 4 cell embryos frozen

DS born April 4, 2012

#46 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hey there. I am going to be at the clinic on Thursday as well. Hoping things finally look good to start Puregon. Good luck on the retrival!!

IVF 2:
BFN!

IVF 3:
BFP!!!!!

#47 elsa

elsa
  • Global 100+
  • 594 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility center

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:18 AM

Hi girls!!!!

i have been cycling with Dr M and Dr O to! I did 3 IVF wich ended in one chemical pregnancy and one miscarriage. But the doctors are great and i have lots of friends going to McGill and I would never change. I will be doing a cycle in july with Dr M again! My 4th one!

I talked with him last week and the clinic will be close from june 10th until july 14th. They DID NOT reach their quota, they all had a meeting with the government and they will still be doing cycles after their vacations. I told him if he thinks they will reach their quota this summer to tell me because I would cycle before, but he assure me they are far from their quota and not to worry, so i will wait in July-August.

As for the numbers of embryo to be transfer, it depends on the age (under 35 is 1, after is 2 or more), but also, it depends on the embryo stage (blast). Usually, under 35, he will transfer 1.

Good luck to all of you! Who is cycling right now?
Me 43
Him 30
january 1992 natural pregnancy boy
september 1994 natural pregnancy boy
september 2010 IVF # 1 :
8 follicules 5 eggs retrieved 1 embryo tranfert
BFP :)))))[/b]1rst beta 30 2nd beta 13 (chemical pregnancy) :(
october 2010 IVF # 2 :
4 follicules only one retrieve tranfert cancelled embryo chromo problems
november 2010 IVF #3:
7 follicules 4 eggs retrieved 2 embryo tranfert
BFP :)))))) 1rst beta 81 2nd beta 277
january 5th: u/s baby stopped growing at 6 weeks :( micarriage at 9 weeks
july 2011 DE cycle
16 eggs retreived
13 mature
11 fertilized and divided
transfer 1 great blast july 31th
5 blast frosties
HPT 7dpast5dt : BFP :)))))))))))))))) very dark line
beta 1 august 15th 16 dpo : 647 :)
beta 2 august 17th 18 dpo: 1301 :)
1rst u/s august 30th we have a heartbeat of 122
2nd u/s september 13th heartbeat of 179
3rd u/s september 27th heartbeat 1o 177

#48 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

Hi Elsa. Great information. They seem to be closed much earlier this year. So it looks, at this rate, that I will only be able to get 1 IVF in before they close for vacation, but at least coulddo another one after if the first doesnt work out. I am cycling right now. Looking at an end of April IVF if all goes well tomorrow at my scan. Its my first one. Thanks again for the info.

IVF 2:
BFN!

IVF 3:
BFP!!!!!

#49 Hostlucy

Hostlucy
  • Global 100+
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi Elsa, thanks for the info. Looks like I won't be able to get another cycle in before their vacations either. Hoping it won't be necessary anyway.

Melissa, how was your scan today? Are you starting your cycle?

AFM, my retrieval went well, they got 9 eggs and tomorrow I find out how many were mature/fertilized. It was fast but very painful. I'm still cramping quite a bit. Hopefully it will all be worth it!
IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 BFP!!

10dp3dt + hpt

IVF #4 BFN
IVF #5 BFN
IVF #6 BFP!!
2 4 cell embryos frozen

DS born April 4, 2012

#50 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hi Guys,
My scan on Wednesday showed 8 follicles (4 on each side measuring 8 and 10mm). I go back tomorrow for another scan. I was really hoping to have more as I had 12 antral follicles. So tomorrow I'll find out when I go for retrieval. It will be some time next week.

Elsa, that's great news about the quotas and vacation. If this cycle does not work, I'll maybe be able to get one more in while I`m on vacation before going back to work at the end of August.

Lucy, glad you got 9 eggs! I'm so nervous about the egg retrieval, and I think I'm even more nervous about the PIO shots! Any advice from the IVF vets? are you taking any time off in the TWW?

Melissa, how did your scan go?

Did anyone get acupuncture at the clinic? Dr. Ouhilal mentioned that some people do that. I think that I may look into it.

Keeping my finger crossed for everyone!

Lisa
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2