2555 replies to this topic

#51 indigorain

indigorain
  • 39 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genisis

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on this site. It is kind of neat to get to chat with ladies at the same clinic!

LMC - congrats on your thaw and transfer! I hope your 2ww goes quickly for you. I am one week behind you and would love to ask you a few questions if I could.

tardycat - good luck with your next cycle!

Erin Elizabeth - how are things going? Have you seen two little heart beats? I hope all is going well for you.

lyn_dub - how did it go? I am so sorry for all that you have been through. Your strength is to be commended. I hope that your current cycle is going well.

MSQ777 - have you got the results of your IUI yet? How are you doing?

I am currently in a FET cycle right now. I have my US on Monday to see where my lining is at. Hoping for transfer next Friday. Oh - and hoping my embies make the thaw, too. I think that's what has me the most worried right now. I am kind of expecting a BFN from my FET but I haven't prepared myself for not having any embies to transfer.
I haven't figured out how to make a signature yet, so here is my history:
TTC since Oct 2000. Was repeatedly told by my GP to just relax, "you're young". Finally found a new GP, lots of "let's wait and see", finally got refered to UBC. Refused to go back to Dr. Jackass, asked to be refered to Genesis. Fought with Dr for referral, finally went to walk in, got referral right away. Consult in Dec. 2008, IVF/ICSI #1 Mar/Apr. 09, transfered 2, froze one: BFN; IVF/ICSI #2 Jul/Aug. 09, transfered 2, froze one: BFP!!! Now on to our FET!

#52 lyn_dub

lyn_dub
  • Global 100+
  • 415 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hi ladies :)

Sorry I have been quiet. Very hard week with yesterday being our son's 3rd birthday that he had in Heaven :(

Had my ultrasound and orientation this week for IVF. Uterus was not my pal. Lining was way too thick so before anything happens I have to have a hysteroscopy but if all is ok will start meds in late April. So IVF is still a go but now have to figure out if my uterus would like to be nice!

Have read up on everyone. LMC everything will be GREAT! It's going to work. Wishing everyone the best of luck and best wishes. I will keep up and be around.

Thanks for your thoughts and support :)

Me: 40 DH: 40
my blog - http://bereavedparen....wordpress.com/
TTC since December 2004
Started going to PCRM in 2006
October 2007: Super ovulation w/IUI
BFP!
our amazing son was born premature he blessed us with 25 days of life and went to Heaven after getting a lung infection (devastated)

Did 6 clomid cycles w/IUI at PCRM from Sept. 2008 - June 2010
Made the switch to Genesis in October of 2010
2 super ovulation w/IUI cycles
both BFN
March 2011
waiting for AF for ultrasound and orientation for IVF!
ultrasound showed lining very thick so have to have a hysteroscopy before starting IVF ...
April 2011
waiting for AF so I can book hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy done. All looked to be fine.
May 2011
AF arrived. Started nasal spray. Yuck! Waiting again for AF to start injections. Should be the beginning of June!
June 2011
cycle cancelled due to poor response and thick uterine lining. d&c to happen before next cycle can be done.
November 2011
d&c done but lining went back to being thick. Put on Marvelon bcp for 2 months.
January 2012
IVF/ICSI #1
start with 75 Menopur 225 Gonal F, day 6 225 Menopur 225 Gonal F
ER - 11 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized
ET - 3 embryos transferred (other 4 didn't make it to the frozen stage )
BFN

Follow up appt. in March
have to do 3 months of COQ10 and DHEA before proceeding.
Not sure if the CoQ10 worked but am quite sure the DHEA made things worse. Went off both vitamins after cycle was cancelled in May 2012.

May 2012
cycle cancelled due to poor response. advised to use donor eggs we're gutted. follow-up appt in June

June 2012
Dr. Yuzpe said my ovaries are NOT done! No donor eggs necessary! Cautiously optimistic. Have to lose 25 lbs and then can try another cycle.

January 2013

IVF/ICSI #2

Started with 150 Menopur/225 Bravelle. Menopur bumped to 225.

ER - 5 eggs, 4 fertilized

ET - transferred 4 day 2 embryos. Fingers crossed!

BFP! - beta 441 14dpt

Beta #2 - 6752   21dpt

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#53 tardycat

tardycat
  • Cyclebase
  • 52 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

lyn dub –  I'm just sorry. I hope it's hurting not as much today. Late April isn't that far off, fingers crossed your uterus cooperates!

Hi Indigorain – Welcome! Wow, nice work getting that Genesis referral! But was it your family doctor that wouldn't refer? Why not?
Me, 42

Three unmedicated IUIs
March – May 2010 – bfns

IVF #1 (ICSI)
June/July 2010 – bfn

Four clomid IUIs
Sept – Dec 2010 – bfns

IVF #2
Jan/Feb 2011 – bfn

IVF #3
Feb/March 2012 - converted to IUI
In the 2WW

#54 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

MSQ, Sadie, Earthwomen, Tarycat and any other genesis ladies - How have things been going?

Welcome indigorain! Let us know how your u/s goes on Monday! This is my first FET, but I'm always happy to share experiences! It looks like we have some similarities; 2 ICSI's and both onto FET's now with one frozen embryo. :)

Lyn - It's great to see you back and again my heart just breaks for your loss. That's too bad that your uterus isn't cooperating! When would you go for a hysteroscopy?

AFM - Not much new...just waiting and hoping... :popcorneater:

Started TTC in October 2007
IVF #1 May/June 2010 - 12 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 transferred, BFN & no frosties
IVF #2 Oct/Nov 2010 - 6 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, BFN & 1 frozen embryo
FET #1 March 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Aug/Sept 2011 - 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 1 frozen embryo, BFP - It's a boy!

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

IVF #4 Aug/Sept 2014 - 2 follicles - Cancelled due to poor response

IVF #5 April 2015 -  9 follicles, 6 eggs, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred, no frosties, Beta#1 12dp3dt - 110 / Beta#2 18dp3dt- 491 / Beta#3 22dp3dt - 3032 / Beta#4 @8wks - 55,525 + u/s @8wks revealed baby 3 weeks behind + u/s @10wks no heartbeat / Misscarriage

#55 EarthWoman

EarthWoman
  • Cyclebase
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, drumming, reading, theatre, singing, cats, languages, teaching

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Lyn_dub, big hugs to you. :Emoticons09780: Hope your womb plays along when the time comes to do its part.

LMC, that's fantastic news about your embie, 90% retention is awesome! Snuggle in, little one!!! Speaking of "snuggling in", here's that song I wrote for my magic bean and sang to him all the time during my 2ww. Feel free to use it - just make up your own tune to go with it. :)
"Snuggle in, baby,
We're going for a ride.
Snuggle in, baby,
Stay for the long haul.
We already love you,
In 9 months we will meet you.
Snuggle in, baby,
We're going for a ride"

AFM, all is well. I'm 23 weeks along and I can feel my little man move around a lot now. Makes me smile every time. Wishing the same for every single one of you!!!
Me: 35, DH: 41
"I'm opening up in sweet surrender to the luminous love light of the One"

#56 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for sharing your song Earthwoman! I'm so glad you're feeling good and it sounds like things are going smoothly! I noticed you have yoga listed as an interest and I was wondering if you are doing any yoga right now?

indigorain - I posted some information yesterday, but it looks like it was lost while the website was down. I'm happy to repost any info if needed.

I hope everyone else is having a good week!

IVF #1 May/June 2010 - 12 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 transferred, BFN & no frosties
IVF #2 Oct/Nov 2010 - 6 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, BFN & 1 frozen embryo
FET #1 March 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Aug/Sept 2011 - 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 1 frozen embryo, BFP - It's a boy!

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

IVF #5 April 2015 -  9 follicles, 6 eggs, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred, no frosties, Beta#1 12dp3dt - 110 / Beta#2 18dp3dt- 491 / Beta#3 22dp3dt - 3032 / Beta#4 @8wks - 55,525 + u/s @8wks revealed baby 3 weeks behind + u/s @10wks no heartbeat / Misscarriage

#57 lyn_dub

lyn_dub
  • Global 100+
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

I could have sworn I posted yesterday and don't see it. boooo!! lol

Hope everyone is good.

LMC - I was saying yesterday that apparently pineapple (fresh) helps with implantation. My friend who got pregs via FET did it and swears by it. Same with my other friend who got pregs the lucky way. 4-5 squares a day!

AFM - I think LMC asked about when my hysteroscopy would be. It would be between day 5-10 of my upcoming period. So not too long from now. Just hope all is well and can be on our way sooner than later :)

TTC since December 2004
BFP!
our amazing son was born premature he blessed us with 25 days of life and went to Heaven after getting a lung infection (devastated)

both BFN
March 2011
ultrasound showed lining very thick so have to have a hysteroscopy before starting IVF ...
April 2011
waiting for AF so I can book hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy done. All looked to be fine.
May 2011
AF arrived. Started nasal spray. Yuck! Waiting again for AF to start injections. Should be the beginning of June!
June 2011
cycle cancelled due to poor response and thick uterine lining. d&c to happen before next cycle can be done.
November 2011
January 2012
IVF/ICSI #1
BFN

Follow up appt. in March
Not sure if the CoQ10 worked but am quite sure the DHEA made things worse. Went off both vitamins after cycle was cancelled in May 2012.

May 2012
cycle cancelled due to poor response. advised to use donor eggs we're gutted. follow-up appt in June

June 2012
Dr. Yuzpe said my ovaries are NOT done! No donor eggs necessary! Cautiously optimistic. Have to lose 25 lbs and then can try another cycle.

January 2013

IVF/ICSI #2

BFP! - beta 441 14dpt

Beta #2 - 6752   21dpt

#58 indigorain

indigorain
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

Aw, I made a nice little post with cute emoticons and personals for everyone last night and now its gone! :th_aggahhh:

LMC - I saw your post last night. Thanks for the info! I had my US today and Dr. K said everything looked good. I will get to do the transfer on Thursday if my embryos make it! Yay! I hope your little embryo is burrowing in nice and snug!
How many days did you take the progesterone before your transfer? I thought I had to take it for 3 days to have my 3 day embryos transfered, but I only start it Tuesday, and then transfer on Thursday. Does that sound right? I can never tell which day is supposed to count as day 1!

tardycat - My family doc wouldn't refer me to Genesis because she had sent me to a Dr at UBC whom I would not go back to because he was such a complete and utter jerk. She kept saying she already sent me to Genesis and she just never believed me that UBC and Genesis were not one and the same. That is why she is not my Dr anymore!

lyn_dub - I hope your hysteroscopy gets here quickly so you can move forward. I can't even imagine how hard Friday was for you. (((HUGS)))

Earthwoman - it is so nice of you to be here cheering others on even after you got your BFP! Congrats, by the way! I hope you savour all those movements. What a precious gift!!

It is so nice to connect with others on here. I don't really want to share all of this people in my real life, so thank you ladies for being here. I hope more women will join the group, too!

Take care everyone,

Indi

#59 lyn_dub

lyn_dub
  • Global 100+
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

Good evening :)

Indi - fingers crossed for Thursday. Everything will be great and you'll be on your way :Emoticons0096:

I recall you asking if we shared this journey publicly. For us we think it's important we share it. It's such an emotional journey going through fertility issues and we need the support. We don't get it from everyone and not everyone understands. You always get the "stop worrying, it'll happen", "why don't you adopt", "it happens when you least expect it" all of which drive me nuts. IF we could get pregnant on our own uhhh don't you think we'd like that better?? People can be so ignorant to the issue. But I know it's a super personal and private journey and I can understand why you choose to keep it private. I'm glad you have this forum to get the support and cheering on that you need and that you deserve :)

TTC since December 2004
BFP!

both BFN
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
November 2011
January 2012
IVF/ICSI #1
BFN

Follow up appt. in March

May 2012

June 2012

January 2013

IVF/ICSI #2

BFP! - beta 441 14dpt

Beta #2 - 6752   21dpt

#60 EarthWoman

EarthWoman
  • Cyclebase
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, drumming, reading, theatre, singing, cats, languages, teaching

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

Yep, I do yoga for pregnancy. A friend of mine gave me two DVDs, both of the Kundalini variety I think, which is funny because I never tried that before (I started with power yoga when I was younger and have been doing hatha for the past few years). Anyway, the one I really like is by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa who is a yogini from LA apparently. I just practice at home in the evening once or twice a week, on my own, with candles and stuff. I can really get into it that way. In a class I always end up being distracted by others (and by my own competitive mind, that worries about how I look and such silly things). At home, I can totally let go and just be with/connect to my little bean. It's our "dance". :HeartGlomp:

I'm trying to think back if I did any yoga during my FET and I don't think so. I think I've pretty much skipped all exercise until the viability ultrasound at 8 weeks and then started building back up gently: first some light walking, then aquafit, then adding the yoga, and now whatever I can get. But that's just what my body needed/wanted: I didn't really have a fitness routine before, and the RE's at Genesis all said that the first trimester is probably not the time to start something new. But apparently if you're already active then it should be just fine to keep it up.

Do any of you have a fitness regimen? What kind of workouts/activities do you enjoy doing?
Me: 35, DH: 41
"I'm opening up in sweet surrender to the luminous love light of the One"

#61 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

Lyn - It's funny you mention pineapple, I have one sitting on my counter. I think that tonight some of it will make it's way into my belly. That's great you don't have to wait to long for your hysteroscopy.

indi - I'm happy to hear that everything is looking good! I started taking my progesterone on Monday after my u/s and our ET was on Friday of that same week. Our embryo was a 5/6 day blast so maybe that why there is a difference in the time??? How many are you transferring?

Earthwoman - I played co-ed soccer during the winter and I started yoga about 3 months ago. I am signed up for a fertility yoga class and beginner yoga class right now. But I haven't gone since our ET. I think I will see how I feel next week. In my beginner yoga class I fall

AFM - Right now my abdomen just aches (not like PMS or gas; it feels like shine splints in my gut). I don't know if it's our little one snuggling in or just the meds. I'm glad to be going back to work tomorrow. A little distraction will be good for me during this 2ww!

FET #1 March 2011 - BFN

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

#62 MSQ777

MSQ777
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hey gals sorry i didnt update. Trying to keep myself occupied with my 2ww. I dont think this second round of iui worked. My temps keeps on taking a dive and AF should be here tomorrow. yesterday was my birthday and it was just a really bummed out day. I am now offically 37 sigh.

My husband and I have decided to go to IVF. We are going to take a month off so i can drop a few extra pounds and see if we can get financing for an IVF. we will need to get ICSI so that adds cost to it too. Very stressful money it is! Hopefully it will all work out.

IVF - July 2011 - BFN. only 1 egg froze

FET Dec 11 - transfered 1 egg - Unfroze OK!
6dp5dt - Bfn
8dp5dt - BFP!
12dp5dt - Digital BFP!
Dec 27 - 16dp5dt - 1st Beta - 745!
Jan 3rd 2nd beta - 6 weeks exactly - 10460!!!
WOOP doubling every 44 hours
Jan 10th - 7 weeks first u/s - saw babies hb at 130!
Jan 18 - 8w1d second u/s - baby growing perfectly HB 163
April 11 - found out having a GIRL!!!

Due Aug 29 2013
20 week U/S
baby20wSMALL_zpsd036e9a1.jpg

#63 Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth
  • Global 100+
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

Indi - Welcome and good luck on Thursday!

LMC - How are you feeling?

MSQ777 - I am sorry to hear that you are doubtful of the outcome of your IUI, my FX'd for you. Until my OHSS set in I did not htink that I was pregnant either. IF you need/choose to go the IVF/ICSI route we will all be here to support you! I have a lot of faith in the medical staff, nurses and the lab at Genesis.

Hugs, I am cheering for all of you!:th_acheerlead:
Me - 28 DH - 34
Me - PCOS
DH - CBAVD
We have an adorbale Golden Doodle named Cooper that we love more than anything!
IVF/ICSI#1 - ER - February 7/11
ET - February 12/11
8 wk U/S - 2 perfect Heartbeats! 176 bpm and 167 bpm

Delivered on August 25, 2011 at 30 weeks, after 11 weeks in the hospital on bedrest.
We now have a beautiful DD and a precious angel DS who left us shortly after he was born...

#64 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

Earthwoman - It looks like I didn't complete my last thought about yoga..."In my beginner yoga class I fall" ASLEEP during the meditation exercise and I love it! How are you and your little magic bean doing?

MSQ - I'm sorry to hear that you don't think your IUI worked out. Erin is right, and if/when you go the IVF/ICSI route we will be here to cheer you on! Happy belated birthday!

Erin - I'm feeling tired! Today was my first full day at work and I'm bagged. Did you just recently do your ultrasound? Congratulations on those 2 perfect sounding heartbeats. :) When will you go in for another? Keep us posted!

AFM - I'm so tired! I apologize for any spelling mistakes; when I get tired, I get sloppy, LOL.

FET #1 March 2011 - BFN

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

#65 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

indigorain - Your transfer is tomorrow!!!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for the best!

Hello to all the other laides. :)

FET #1 March 2011 - BFN

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

#66 lyn_dub

lyn_dub
  • Global 100+
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

That's right! Indi, good luck!!!! This forum is a lucky one I think !

LMC - tired is good! how's the pineapple?! ;)

MSQ - don't count yourself out yet. You never know. I'm holding out hope. Happy Belated! IF (big IF) AF comes and you do go with IVF you have so much support here. I'm going to be starting it soon myself. First timers.

AFM - nothing new. PMS is setting in but that's ok because hurry up AF so I can get the hysteroscopy and then be on my way!

Take care ladies :)

TTC since December 2004
BFP!

both BFN
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
November 2011
January 2012
IVF/ICSI #1
BFN

Follow up appt. in March

May 2012

June 2012

January 2013

IVF/ICSI #2

BFP! - beta 441 14dpt

Beta #2 - 6752   21dpt

#67 indigorain

indigorain
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow. I hope my embies thaw okay. I have two frozen and am hoping to have at least one to transfer. Well, to be honest, I'd like one to thaw AND stick - is that asking too much? ;)

MSQ - happy belated birthday. I turned 37 just before getting my BFN from my first ICSI, so I can related to how you are feeling. BUT, I have a 10 month old now, so keep the faith!! :Emoticons09757:

lyn - I hope AF gets here soon. Strange when we wish for her to get here, isn't it?! But since that's what you need, that's what I'm wishing for you! :crsd:

LMC - Let's hope you were so tired because you are growing a baby! It's never too soon to think positively is it? :icon_stickyvibespink:

Erin - Yay for two perfect heartbeats!! Now the countdown begins! Any thought about boy/boy; boy/girl; girl/girl yet? Or is it still sinking in? Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy for you! :stork-baby: :stork-baby:

Earthwoman - I am not currently doing any routine as far as exercise goes. I'd love to do yoga later though. Thank you for sharing your favs with us! :thumbup:

Have a great night everyone!
Indi

#68 MSQ777

MSQ777
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

So AF came so i am on to IVF. I just found out my husbands insurance will pay 50% of the drugs so thats a start :) I have about 70% of the funding now so i think we are going to borrow the rest.

I do however need to drop some weight before the doc will help me. She wants me under 30bmi and i am about 31. I need at least another 5-10 lbs. So here is to power dieting to do it quickly. I am very healthy right now in the the sense i eat good foods. Just love to much of it hahah. I know if i add exercise everyday it will come off quickly.

FX to those waiting to see if it worked, and congrats to those who did

6dp5dt - Bfn
8dp5dt - BFP!
12dp5dt - Digital BFP!

Due Aug 29 2013
20 week U/S

#69 lyn_dub

lyn_dub
  • Global 100+
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

MSQ - I'm sorry the IUI didn't work :( It's so heartbreaking. How are you doing today?

I know the "lose weight" thing as well. My BMI is high and at 39 we don't have time to wait. I'm high as in need to lose much more than 5-10 lbs. I had the "lose weight" talk many many times. It puts alot of pressure on us. I know you can do it.

Do you call them after losing the weight then?

Thinking of you. So tough to get AF. Takes a day to recover mentally.

TTC since December 2004
BFP!

both BFN
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
November 2011
January 2012
IVF/ICSI #1
BFN

Follow up appt. in March

May 2012

June 2012

January 2013

IVF/ICSI #2

BFP! - beta 441 14dpt

Beta #2 - 6752   21dpt

#70 indigorain

indigorain
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

MSQ - I am sorry to hear that AF has indeed arrived. Good news about the funding, though! IVF is stressful enough without the $ worries. At least if you have to get more exercise, the weather is getting better so maybe you won't have to shell out for a gym membership! I hope it falls off quickly for you so you can move ahead. Keep us posted!

AFM: both embies thawed out, but one was in pretty rough shape. We transferred both and now we just cross our fingers and wait two weeks!! Roll on crazy town!!

#71 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

MSQ - I'm sorry to hear that your IUI didn't work. When do you follow up with your RE? That's great you have a plan that will cover some of the expenses. I had to get my BMI down as well before our last cycle. I would ask myself "what do I want more...that cookie or a baby?" Anywy, it got me through the temptation of the valentines day chocolates, LOL. Good luck and keep us posted!

Indi - Congratulations on being PUPO and welcome to crazy town! I'm so glad that they both survived the thaw!

Lyn - The pineapple is delicious! :P

AFM - I forgot to take my little blue estrogen pill this morning. I didn't realize it until I came home at 6pm. :th_aggahhh: I call 811, then posted here and then googled it. I was beating myself up, but I'm recovered now. It's not ideal, but I don't think it will make or break this cycle. I will probably call the clinic to "report" my absent mind, LOL. I'm staying positive and just hoping AF stays away!

Hello to all the other ladies!

FET #1 March 2011 - BFN

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

#72 lyn_dub

lyn_dub
  • Global 100+
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Indi - YAY! Good luck. It'll work. It has too. There's so much positive energy here for you. No doubt about it! Remember fresh pineapple!!!

LMC - Glad the pineapple is tasty, keep at it girl! AND don't worry about the pill too much. You have implantation happening, NO stress for Baby! I'm sure lots of people forget. Forge ahead with a good night and you'll get the 'ease' in the morning :)

AFM - spotting happening today. Who knew I'd be giddy for it. BUT let's go AF. Time for the IVF!!

TTC since December 2004
BFP!

both BFN
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
November 2011
January 2012
IVF/ICSI #1
BFN

Follow up appt. in March

May 2012

June 2012

January 2013

IVF/ICSI #2

BFP! - beta 441 14dpt

Beta #2 - 6752   21dpt

#73 Megan75

Megan75
  • Cyclebase
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site, just found it this week actually. It's very nice to read the posts from other Genesis ladies, makes it particularly relevant when you see the familiar doctors names!

Thanks for sharing your stories and successes.

A bit about me.

Me: (35) Dh: (30)
TTC since May 2009
May 2010 : GP referred us to Genesis
June 2010 : First consult with Dr Taylor - bad news, I have premature ovarian insufficiency, and probably will have to use donor eggs to become pregnant. What a shock. Uterus is 'beautiful' however.
October 2010 IVF #1 : cycle cancelled due to poor response to stimulation and Ovarian cyst discovered
January 2011 : cyst removed
March 2011 : IVF #2 - using known donor eggs
18 March : Egg retrieval
23 March : Embryo transfer (1); 6 frozen

4 April : first blood test, fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone with your goals, I wish you all the very best.

Megan
 BabyFruit Ticker

#74 MSQ777

MSQ777
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

Awe thanks ladies for all the support. I have actually lost 15 lbs since christmas. But stupid clomid makes you gain a bit a weight so i have been maintaining and have not lost anything the past 4 or 5 weeks. Its very fustrating. This is why i want to take a month of and just focus on weight loss. im almost there!

I am going to make an appointment to see my RE for the beginning of May. By then we should know if we can afford IVF and get all my ducks in a row.

I dont remember if i told you about myself either. I am 37 and DH is 37. We have been TTcing for 2 1/2 years. Dh has 2 kids from previous relationships. i have one partially blocked tube (and i have a feeling i O mostly on that side) and "mild" PCOS (i have high prolactin but I do O on my own every month) Doctor is the one who called it Mild. and DH has bad morphology.. i think thats the one .. We had a m/c at 6 weeks back in the beginning of 2009 and nothing since. now we are moving onto ivf.

6dp5dt - Bfn
8dp5dt - BFP!
12dp5dt - Digital BFP!

Due Aug 29 2013
20 week U/S

#75 Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth
  • Global 100+
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

LMC - I ate lots of fresh pineapple before, during and after the cycle. Before the cycle I even ate the core because I heard it was good for you.....oh the things we do!
Are you going to POAS? I am hoping and praying for you!:th_acheerlead:

MSQ - good luck with the weight loss we are all here to support you.

Megan - Welcome! All the doctors at genesis are so great, keep us posted! My FX'd for you!
Me - 28 DH - 34
Me - PCOS
DH - CBAVD
We have an adorbale Golden Doodle named Cooper that we love more than anything!
IVF/ICSI#1 - ER - February 7/11
ET - February 12/11
8 wk U/S - 2 perfect Heartbeats! 176 bpm and 167 bpm

Delivered on August 25, 2011 at 30 weeks, after 11 weeks in the hospital on bedrest.
We now have a beautiful DD and a precious angel DS who left us shortly after he was born...