* * * * * 1 votes

Most embarrasing clinic moments

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#26 Tracy1234

Tracy1234
  • Cyclebase
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the dirt aka gardening, my big hairy four legged kid and also the 3 three smaller ones, too! I love to cook and bake, but am trying to cook and bake low cal these days :D
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

For our second IVF, DH was having some performance anxiety. The lab tech came into the recover room and said "We know you can do better than this, this is barely enough for ICSI". So I asked the nurses to leave the recovery room so I could help DH with his sample. Took us a few but we made it happen :D
Me 35 DH 32

Started TTC 2008
Unexplained...doesn't that just mean "we don't know!!"
July 2009 BFP naturally, ended in m/c

Edmonton fertility center
Tried clomid for 3 months
IUI with clomid 2009 - BFN
1st IVF
June 2010 - BFP - Miscarriage
High progesterone levels pre ET is thought to be the hang up :(
Found out I've got a low ovarian reserve due to childhood illness - ITP
2nd IVF
Short protocol, menopur, orgalutron, no suppression
BFN
Our RE tells us it's time to move on

VFC
DHEA
Genetic testing - normal
Suprefact, dexamethasone, Gonal F, Luveris, estrogen, etc.
BFFN - Yep, that's an extra F, guess what it stands for? :D

Natural OMG!!
June 6th 13dpo beta 226
June 8th beta 446
July 26th u/s 144bpm measuring a couple days behind
August 12th u/s 165bpm measuring right on time!

#27 SangrealMazimur

SangrealMazimur

The Pincushion

• Global 100+
  • 969 posts
  • Interests:sometimes knitter, gamer girl, love to read, movies of almost all kinds
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:TCART

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

lol if asked if I had a latex allergy I would totally deadpan been like...isn't that something you should know!

Me: 33 DH: 39
TTC: Since Valentine's day 2008
Fur Friends: Spirit , Shadow
DH and I have been together since I was 19

When we get pregnant it will be the first baby on
each side.

First IVF: Jan 2009
Protocol: Suprefact, Marvelon, Puregon, Menopur
ET: Jan 31, BETA test Feb 12 BFN
FET#1 BETA first was 53 second was 0 05/07/2010 BFN
FET#2 September 2010 -ET Sept 9 3-3day 4cell, 5cell hatched, 8cell. BETA#1 71.6 11DP3DT. m/c at 6weeks. Poor Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Dam...they put up a good fight.

IVF #2 April/May 2011 Suprefact, Pregon, Low Dose HCG. ER estimated for May 12/, transfered 1 beautiful blast and 1 nearly blast on May 17th. On .5 HCG every 3 days. None to freeze. Beta May 31 BFN. Sky and Walker continue to resist the Dark Side

IVF#3
April/May 2013 Superfact .2, Puregon 200 upped to 250, Menupur 75, HCG trigger, progesterone support, intra-lipids. 26 retrieved, 17 mature, 15 blasts (1)3AA- (14)4AD-4AA, 2 transferred on our 7th wedding anniversary. Beta: June 10th, 5 days before my birthday.

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1,111 second beta over 2,300. First u/s shows one bean just  day behind. Heart was fluttering away. Also showed a 2cm SCH. Not concerned, but told to take it easy. Continue with intra-lipids until week 22.banana.gif second u/s shows SCH is smaller. H/b at 142bpm. Third u/s shows tracking right on time, SCH gone and h/b at 166 bpm

Bruce Anthony Scott was born January 23, 2014 at 8:45am weighting 8 pound, 9 ounces and 21 inches long. Our hearts are bursting with love. babyboy.gif 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#28 ---

---
  • 1000+
  • 1668 posts
  • Interests:recovering from pretentious nonsense

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

Pretty funny thread!

#29 impatient

impatient
  • Cyclebase
  • 2816 posts
  • My Clinic:public adoption

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have narcolepsy, which means that I go into REM sleep within 5 minutes, and when I'm asleep I can't hear anything. I just won't wake up.

Well, I never thought to mention anything to my clinic.

My clinic has a nurse monitor patients during and after ER, just to make sure there are no problems with the sedation. The last time I cycled, I was being monitored by a very, very enthusiastic nurse who kept checking on me (even to the point of waking me up during ER - thanks!). After ER, she came into the recovery room and tried to wake me verbally. I didn't move. Then she grabbed me by the shoulder. I could hear and feel her, but with the narcolepsy, plus the sedation, I still didn't wake up. She, of course, started to panic. I could hear her telling someone, "She won't wake up." ... and then, luckily, my DH walked in and saved me.

Who knows? I might have had my first experience with a defibrillator!
Me: 41, DH: 44
TTC: since Jan, 2008 (age 34)

DH: Low morphology, low count. Me: Stage 2-3 endometriosis, non-functional fallopian tubes, small fibroids, low AFC, low poor responder ... anything else?

Jun 2008-Sep 2011 in a nutshell: One HSG, one very traumatic office hysteroscopy, one operative laparoscopy, three fresh IVF/ICSI cycles, one chemical, one early miscarriage, two tubal recanalizations, five IUIs (3 with Clomid).

May 2010 - Aug 2011 Attempted adoption application process through the BC MCFD. Aug 2011 Signed up with a private agency. On both waiting lists as of Apr 2012. Proposal through MCFD Jul 2012. Aug 2012 - Finally ... she's home and we're a family! : )

Adoption application #2 started Aug 2013. DD2 placed May 2014, finalized Feb 2015!

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas Edison

#30 Browneyedgirl

Browneyedgirl
  • Cyclebase
  • 1525 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

I think the worst for me was when I walked into ER and the RE that day called me by my SIL's name. I was dumbfounded and reminded him that he had the wrong couple and then quickly told him that they had better put neon lights and flashing markers on our embryos after cryo because I did NOT want to end up having their baby(ies) instead of ours. We haven't been back for a FET yet, but I'm curious as to which name I'd be called when we do... I sure as heck hope it's Leanne and not anyone else for that matter!!! Eek!!
Leanne -28 (glass bottle washing and cloth diapering mama!)
DH -27
TTC since October 2004
PCOS/ MF

2 Miscarriages (2006 &2007)
1 Ectopic(2008)

IVF/ICSI-
Twin Monkeys born February '09

Going for #3????

SURPRISE!! Natural pregnancy due around April 2, 2011
Stick baby stick!!!

OOPS! I was wrong!! Baby #3 is due March 26,2011.
We are safely in the 2nd tri. :-)

October 27,2010- gender scan...who do we have on board?

It's another BOY!!! :) Can't wait to meet you little man!

Scheduled section: March 18,2011

Welcome to the world RJ!!! 8lbs 12 oz born at 38w6d

#31 honeybee2

honeybee2
  • Cyclebase
  • 188 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam (formerly AART)

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

During our first consult at the clinic, the receptionist was scheduling an appointment for DH's sperm analysis. She said "Your appointment is on Friday, so I'm going to need you to ejaculate for me on Tuesday......um....I mean...not for me...." Then she turned the brightest shade of red I've ever seen. Pretty funny.
  • Yvonne likes this
Me: 35 DH: 38
HSG showed mostly blocked tubes.
Opted not to do a laparoscopy and move straight to IVF.

IVF Dec -Jan 2010/11
Dec 23 - Started Suprefact injections
Dec 25 - Gonal F & Menopur
Jan 8 - ER (6 eggs: 4 mature, 3 fertilized)
Jan 11 - ET of two embryos (none to freeze)
Jan 27 - Beta - BFN

IVF#2 June-July 2011
July 2 - Suprefact injections
July 4 - Gonal F & Menopur
July 18 - ER (4 eggs: 3 mature, 1 fertilized)
July 21 - ET (1 embryo, 19/20)
Aug 5 - Beta - BFN

IVF#3 May 2012 (Hannam)
BCPs, Gonal F, Luveris, Cetrotide, Saizen
May 24 - ER (9 eggs: 7 mature, 7 fertilized)
May 29 - ET of 2 blasts (none to freeze)
June 12 - beta.493
June 14 - beta 1171
June 18 - beta 5223
July 4 - u/s shows one healthy babe, EDD Feb 13

#32 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

I've often forgotten to shave my legs. But the worst was when I uncontrollably farted in my doc's face during a pap smear. OMG I thought I was going to die. I'm sure he did too.

That's my worst fear. I feel for you.

#33 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Ok, this is a 5-star thread.

#34 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

I have cheek cramps for laughing so much! The farting! Oh fey, that is priceless! And supermom, your ex! Everyone has hilarious stories. It feels great to find humor in these crazy IF things we have to do! :coffeespew:

Started TTC in October 2007
IVF #1 May/June 2010 - 12 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 transferred, BFN & no frosties
IVF #2 Oct/Nov 2010 - 6 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, BFN & 1 frozen embryo
FET #1 March 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Aug/Sept 2011 - 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 1 frozen embryo, BFP - It's a boy!

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

IVF #4 Aug/Sept 2014 - 2 follicles - Cancelled due to poor response

IVF #5 April 2015 -  9 follicles, 6 eggs, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred, no frosties, Beta#1 12dp3dt - 110 / Beta#2 18dp3dt- 491 / Beta#3 22dp3dt - 3032 / Beta#4 @8wks - 55,525 + u/s @8wks revealed baby 3 weeks behind + u/s @10wks no heartbeat / Misscarriage

#35 Ope

Ope
  • Cyclebase
  • 2138 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility for now

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

Ok, I remembered that I have a relatively good one. Although maybe this type is common for IUI-er , but last month was the first time for us and I couldn't believe the procedure.

Anyway, at my clinic the sperm lab with the collection room has a separate corridor that starts at the waiting room. Since there is nothing else on that hallway, everybody in the waiting room knows if men goes in to that hallway means he is producing a sample...
Last month was our first IUI. We arrived the given time 9 am at the clinic and went to the sperm lab window right away. The lady asked if my dh already produced a sample or not, and he did not. So the lady gave dh the cup and send him to the collection room and send me back to the waiting room.

I went back to the waiting room, take off my coat , dig my book up from my backpack, and started to read. Well, I read less than a page when dh showed up. It was literally less then 2 minutes... I thought the room was occupied, but nope, my dh have finished already. He said even the lady at the lab said it was quick.
I felt that everybody is looking and thinking that poor lady her husband finishes sex in 2 minutes...
At this point i already felt like dying of embarrassment, but worse were yet to come.

Once they finished the preparation we have been called and the lady from the lab told us the sample result and GAVE ME the test tube to held. First I thought she gave me, so i can look at it, but nope, she gave me and send me back to the waiting room with it! Dh had to leave and go to work at this point. Before he left he pet the test tube and wished the boy lot of success in front of everyone! After this I had to sit there alone in the waiting room for an other 1,5 hr with a test tube in my hand with a pink colored sperm in it. Then notice there is at least another 3 ladies sitting there also with similar test tube in their hand...
Obviously this is used to ensure there is no mix up with the test tube, and every women get inseminated with the sperm they supposed to have, but oh man, it was embarrassing.
  • papoose76, SandraDee, impatient and 1 other like this
right now me : 37 Dh:40

TTC #1: natural TTC 1.5 yrs
Dh: 35, Severe Male factor infertility, morphology is 1-2%
Me: 32 , tubes open, no endo, regular ovulation, all hormones are good, 3rd day FSH 5.3 , antral follicle count is 12, only problem is my weight BMI: 30

IVF/ ICSI #1: 2008 February -McGill, Montreal
Long protocol: BCP for 1 month, burselin from CD21, 300 Gonal F and 150 Luveris for 10 days
ER: 11 egg , 6 mature , 5 fertilized, 3rd day transfer:a 7 cell & an 8 cell embyos, no frosties.
1st beta : 13dp3dt: 77, BFP
2008,November 19th: Adam has arrived 7 lb 4 oz, 21"

TTC #2: natural TTC 1.5 yr
Dh :39 morphology went up to 4%, we meet the IUI cutoff! count are fluctuating from 30 to 105 million, motility is great. Caryotyping is normal
Me: 36 FSH is slightly elevated and keep rising 8.5, 8.8, 8.9, 9.8 , AFC is still 12, everything else looks good.

IUI #1: Edmonton, 2011 January ,Clomid 50mg (x5), 106 mil ,68% motile, grade 4 :BFN
IUI #2: Edmonton, 2011 February, Clomid 50mg (x5), 30 mil, 57% motile, grade 3: BFN
IUI #3: Edmonton, 2011 March, Clomid 50mg (x5), 88 mil , 49% motile, grade 4: BFN
IVF#2: 2011 May, Edmonton: long protocol , nasal suprefact : CANCELLED due to high progresteron & cyst
IVF#3: 2011 August, Edmonton: short protocol/natural start: CANCELLED due to high progesterone
IVF#4: 2001 September, Edmonton: short protocol with BCP: CANCELLED due to high progresteron & cyst
Change clinic

IVF #5: 2012 March-April Hungary: stimulation starts march 28, 300 Menopur
mixed protocol: BCP for months, CD3: Menopur 300& lupron for 8 days
ER : April 8th , 4 eggs retrieved, all were mature and fertilized with ICSI and AH
ET : April 11th, 1 A quality 8 cell, and 1 A quality 4 cell embryo transferred, no frosties.
BFP on the HPT at 7dp3dt: happy 37th birthday to me :D
Beta: , 12dp3dt: 150, 2nd Beta, 15dp3dt: 550
Anna has arrived on 21st December after being induced at 39 week. She is 6 lb 9 oz, 20" , and has blue eyes, and long dark brown hair and just perfect !

#36 amygirl

amygirl
  • Global 100+
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

After the doc performed the my iui I literally went to stand on my head when he left the room. He came back in and was SO embaresed.
  • leigh14 and Yvonne like this

#37 bal

bal
  • Cyclebase
  • 1982 posts
  • My Clinic:Fertility and IVF Center of Miami

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

After the doc performed the my iui I literally went to stand on my head when he left the room. He came back in and was SO embaresed.

LOL!!!
Me 41, DH 41
TTC - since Nov '04
2005 - TTC Naturally
2006 - IUI w/clomid x 4 - all BFN
Feb - 1st appointment with RE
Lap to remove ovarian cysts
IVF #1 July - Cancelled / only 2 follicles
IVF #2 Sept - ICSI 13 / 2 transfered, 4 frosties BFP m/c 5 wks
FET #1 Jan - AH 2 blasts BFP DD born Oct 2008
God, Thank You for our miracle baby!
FET #2 Feb - AH 2 blasts BFP m/c twins 8wks D&C
Lap to remove ovarian cysts
Histeroscopy to remove polyp in uterus
IVF #3 Oct - ICSI 3 blasts BFN
IVF #4 Jan - ICSI 4 blasts BFN
IVF #5 May - LAST!
ER May 19 - 19 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized ICSI
ET May 24 - 3 blasts transferred - 5AA, 5AA, 4AB No frosties
HPTs since 5dp5dt -> 7dp5dt all negative
June 1st (8dp5dt / 13dpo)- HPT very faint BFP
HCG 6/2-61.33, 6/4-217, 6/5-328, 6/7-836, 6/10-2,493(22dpo)
U/S 6/20 - HR 116bpm EDD Feb 8, 2012
June 30 - SCH diagnosed - bedrest
July 25 - SCH gone! NT - 0.18cms
Aug 10 - 14 wks - Complete Placenta Previa Dx - bedrest
Aug 19 - 15 wks - No measurable amniotic fluid - bedrest
Sept 16 - DD delivered stillborn at 19w1d. RIP my angel.
Done TTC

#38 CarrieW

CarrieW
  • Cyclebase
  • 108 posts
  • My Clinic:ARTUS

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Ladies, this topic thread makes my day! :rofl:

I haven't many moments that are to bad except one that keeps haunting us. During my second HSG I invited my husband to come. Everything was going really well, he was right beside me looking at the monitor through the procedure. After the resident pulled the speculum out my RE asked DH to turn the lights on for her and then said to me, "He's going down". The resident, which was this great big guy, grabs DH as he falls to the floor! I am sitting there in the stirrups and everyone is gathered around DH! We then had to stay at the hospital until my RE deemed him OK to leave.
Now, everytime we go for another test, RE or ET, they make him sit down.
  • tannikka likes this
Carrie

Me-38
DH -38
Dx: Anti sperm anti-bodies
TTC: 7 years

Dec 2006 - #1 IVF/ICSI - 2 blasts - BFN and 6 frosties
Mar 2007 - FET 3xday3 - BFP *Beautiful little girl!*
Mar 2009 - FET 3xday3 - BFP - M/C @ 7weeks
Oct 2009 - #2 IVF/ICSI - 2 blasts - BFN only 1 to freeze
Mar 2010 - FET 1 blast - BFN
Sept 2010 - #3 IVF/ICSI - 46 eggs, ET cancelled due to OHSS, 7 Blasts in freezer
Nov 2010 - FET 2 Blasts- BFN
Jan 2011 - FET 2 Blasts- BFN
lots of prayer, exercise, councelling and reflection- I am back to try again.
June 2011 - FET 3 Blasts
Beta is June 29th - POSITIVE...Holy Crap!
July 18- perfect 7w ultrasound
July 19- another m/c - my heart is broken.

Trying again in January with a new protocol. Good or bad this is our last cycle.
Jan 2012- IVF #4 Milder and longer stimulation phase - 2 PERFECT 1AB and 1AA fully expanded blasts transferred
Feb 6 Beta 274!!!!
Feb 8 Beta 577 - looking good!
Feb 10 Beta (just for fun!) -1160- Right on target!
Due Date October 12!

#39 smc

smc

BiCentennial

• Cyclebase
  • 4982 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family and friends.
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Ladies, this topic thread makes my day! :rofl:

I haven't many moments that are to bad except one that keeps haunting us. During my second HSG I invited my husband to come. Everything was going really well, he was right beside me looking at the monitor through the procedure. After the resident pulled the speculum out my RE asked DH to turn the lights on for her and then said to me, "He's going down". The resident, which was this great big guy, grabs DH as he falls to the floor! I am sitting there in the stirrups and everyone is gathered around DH! We then had to stay at the hospital until my RE deemed him OK to leave.
Now, everytime we go for another test, RE or ET, they make him sit down.

My DH went down HARD after my CVS! lol men!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

#40 wannakid

wannakid
  • Global 100+
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

Great thread! And, Fey, thanks for sharing re your fart incident! This is something I am always afraid is going to happen and, no doubt, will one day with my eating habits and gassy stomach!

Well here's one about my DH:

When I went for my first medicated IUI, my DH seemed atypically, unusually stressed. I couldn't understand why he was acting strange. After the RE advised of DH's sperm count (which was good) and had completed the IUI on me, DH disclosed to me that he had woken up hours earlier that morning, having had a "nocturnal emission". Yup, he had a wet dream the morning of my first medicated IUI! What is he, like 16?

Anyways, it actually happened again during a subsequent IUI. This isn't something that regularly happens (in fact I've never known it to happen before). I guess the anticipation of having to "do it" in a cup, makes him dream of sexy things. Needless to say, during the nights before the last 2 retrievals, I've woken up to find DH pacing around the room.... so stressed out that he's going to release a loaded gun BEFORE he needs it in the morning!
  • leigh14 and jalara like this

#41 Dempie

Dempie
  • Cyclebase
  • 359 posts
  • My Clinic:LHSC & California Conceptions

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

I had an embarrassing moment a few months ago with our RE in his office. DH was with me and our RE asked how I was doing on Metformin. I said I was fine and DH butts in and tells him I have some 'issues with flatulence'. I could have killed him but starting laughing and turned red. RE goes on to explain that if it gets any worse, he can lower the dose. DH looks at him seriously and says 'trust me, it can't get any worse'.

He paid dearly for that comment later :P
  • tannikka, SandraDee, leigh14 and 4 others like this

#42 smc

smc

BiCentennial

• Cyclebase
  • 4982 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family and friends.
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

I had an embarrassing moment a few months ago with our RE in his office. DH was with me and our RE asked how I was doing on Metformin. I said I was fine and DH butts in and tells him I have some 'issues with flatulence'. I could have killed him but starting laughing and turned red. RE goes on to explain that if it gets any worse, he can lower the dose. DH looks at him seriously and says 'trust me, it can't get any worse'.

He paid dearly for that comment later :P

Oh my Gosh, that is so something my DH would do lol
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

#43 Hollie384

Hollie384
  • Cyclebase
  • 452 posts
  • My Clinic:Procrea Vaughan

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:45 AM

I am SO GLAD I found this thread today ... I LOVE this ... Esp the DH's hitting the floor and the comments ... haha!!

My first embarassing moment was losing my marbles before going in for my HSG ... I was EXTREMELY scared and was under the impression my DH would be able to be w/ me. As soon as they told me he couldn't come in w/ me, i lost it. My RE must've thought i was nuts. It was painful, and i'd rather not do it again, but it certainly didn't warrant the initial reaction !!

Second was for our ET ... I'm only able to hold about 200cc in my bladder at a time, and that's when i'm at my very best :P They told me to drink 1L an hr before but i knew that'd never fly, so i drank 700ml and hoped for the best. I honestly was up to pee like FIVE TIMES (just enough to relieve the pressure) before the doc came for the ET ... I knew from my mock ET it was gonna be brutal and it was. I bawled. There's a note on my chart that "patient cried throughout ET" ... Ugh. Bad enough my doc and DH had to see me like that, but the lab techs behind the wall got to hear me too. So. Freakin. Embarassed.
  • Highest hopes likes this
Me: 27, PCOS
DH: 29, Azoospermia

TTC since April 2007

Apr-Dec 2007 - Trying on our own
Dec 2007-Mar 2008 - Diagnosed w/ PCOS and hypothyroidism

June-Nov 2008 - Metformin + Clomid 50mg CD 5-9 (ovulated per bloodwork) x 6 cycles ... All BFN.

Feb 2009 - IUI #1 (Menopur) - 1 mature follicle ... Started to ovulate on my own - BFN

Nov 2009 - Approved for adoption in Ontario.

Nov/Dec 2010 - IVF/ICSI #1 (Puregon + Menopur + Orgalutron + Endometrin) - 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN - Abnormal sperm heads ... Possible chromosome issue ...?!

Feb/Mar 2011 - dIUI #1 (Puregon + Endometrin) - 1 mature follicle ... Started to ovulate on my own AGAIN!! - BFN

Aug/Sep 2011 - dIUI #2 (Puregon + Orgalutron + Endometrin) - 3 or 4 mature follicles + 22mil sperm !! - BFN

Oct 2011 - Starting CAS homestudy ... Maybe another IUI or IVF when we have the $$$ again ...

#44 Kitty2011

Kitty2011
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • My Clinic:New Life Fertility

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

I love this thread - thanks so much for starting.

I've passed out from blood work being done only to wake up crying shouting "i dont want to do this anymore"... My dr. calls me his most nervous patient ever and whenever I ask if there's anything I can do to help the process, he tells me to destress...

When I did my first ER, I was so doped up, I convinced the nurses that I'd be driving myself home even though DH was in the waiting room. I also told them that the stuff they gave me for the high was better than university days! Oh boy!! The last ER I had, I told the nurse that I'd like her to be solely my nurse b/c I need a lot more care!

Not quite farting or peeing but passing out from routine bloodwork and doped up on ER drugs - yikes!

#45 hope floats

hope floats
  • Cyclebase
  • 1382 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:calgary foot hills

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

This is very funny, I hope there are more stories!!!

I just have one that embarrassed DH. When we did our first ET the nurse was telling me what to do, get undressed and get ready with the gown and whatnot. Then she hands DH a gown and booties for him to put on. He looks at her and asked "where should I get undressed?" like it was going to help for him to be naked! She kindly told him he didn't need to undress. I almost peed myself laughing and we laughed right through the whole procedure. I kept thinking it would have been so funny had he just gone and got naked and came out in that little gown! Love it when he does the stupid things!
  • Heather S, Savvy, michelleo and 3 others like this

/> TTC=8+ years
Dec 06- finally saw specialist- 7 month waiting list
Jan 07- 1 failed IUI
May 07- major surgery for endo
Nov 07- 2nd failed IUI
Jan 08- 3rd failed IUI
Jan 08- waiting list for IVF
June 16th- started IVF cycle
July 6th- started superfact
July 28th- b/l u/s and started injections
Aug 9th- ER (only 4 eggs- two fertilized)
Aug 12th- Transfer!!!!!
Aug 27th- BFP (beta 376) WOOHOO!!!
Sept 15th- U/s no heartbeat
Sept 22nd- m/c
Oct 2nd- back on the rollercoaster waitlist
Feb 09- started cycle again
Mar 5/09- ER
Mar 8/09- ET (two beautiful embies)
Mar23/09- BFP- over 1200 woopie!!!!!!
April 24/09- one beautiful baby
July 2/09- 19 week u/s, everything looks good for my little boy!!!
November 26th, 2009 my little boy was born right on time.

#46 maria___

maria___
  • Global 100+
  • 253 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill Reproductive Center

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

This is very funny, I hope there are more stories!!!

I just have one that embarrassed DH. When we did our first ET the nurse was telling me what to do, get undressed and get ready with the gown and whatnot. Then she hands DH a gown and booties for him to put on. He looks at her and asked "where should I get undressed?" like it was going to help for him to be naked! She kindly told him he didn't need to undress. I almost peed myself laughing and we laughed right through the whole procedure. I kept thinking it would have been so funny had he just gone and got naked and came out in that little gown! Love it when he does the stupid things!

hahaha!!! i wonder who that'd be funniest for, you or the nurses and doctor LOL

#47 _journey

_journey
  • Global 100+
  • 673 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

After having a scan during my last cycle, I reached into a container beside the screen looking for a wet wipe to clean off the gunk "down there". I was busy chatting away, and all of a sudden, I saw a horrified look on the doctor's face as she leaned over and slapped my hand away, while yelling "Nooooo!". I was actually about to clean myself with the anti-bacterial wipes they use to sterilize the equipment.

I would take the train to and from Montreal for all my u/s and procedures. My last cycle, I completely forgot one time that after u/s a lot of residual gel and fluid could appear a while after the fact. How that slipped my mind, I don't know. In any case, I was at the train station when I felt a sudden gush, and my underwear and pants were completely soaked. I had to hobble around the underground maze of shops for what felt like hours desperately looking for replacement undies with this stilted, totally awkward gait. I paid an outrageous amount for a pair of frilly undies at a high-end lingerie store. Despite my best efforts, I came down with what basically amounted to a diaper rash. I still had it at my retrieval :blink: That was a tad embarassing.
  • Highest hopes likes this

Me: 40 DH: 36
TTC for 10 years with Male Factor Infertility (morph less than 1%)
IVM #1: 2008 08: m/c of twins at 8w2d (arrested at 5w3d)
IVM #2: 2008 11: chemical
IVF #1: 2009 08: m/c at 8w6d
Chromosomal tests pending (6-8 months!) In the meantime...
IVF #2: 2010 03: antagonist protocol: 11 collected, 9 mature, 9 fertilized: 4 transferred
Beta 13dp3dt: 612! Beta 15dp3dt: 986 (gah!!!) - saw two sacs on 15dp3dt. Trying to stay optimistic
U/S 6w3d: April Fool's Day: TWINS!!! Twin A: 6w1d Twin B: 6w2d, strong hb's flickering on the screen. STUNNED.
U/S 8w3d: Twins are looking good! Twin A: 168 hbpm Twin B: 182 hbpm
U/S 10w3d: SURPRISE! Baby C makes it's appearance... Baby A: 10w2d Baby B: 10w2d Baby C: 10w0d all 3 looking good...
U/S 12w2d: Baby A - 56.6mm, Baby B - 60.3mm, Baby C - 53.2mm. Everyone active! HR= 151, 153, 154
U/S 18w0d: Babies looking good! All major anatomical structures present and accounted for Baby A: 7oz (HR 155) Baby B: 8oz (HR 148) Baby C: 7oz (HR 146)
U/S 20w0d: Everyone hanging in - Baby B is the biggest of the bunch, Babies A & C weigh exactly the same.
U/S 22w2d: Now under the care of the High Risk Unit (yay!): Baby B is over a pound! Baby C is *almost* a pound - Baby A has a little catching up to do!
U/S 24w2d: Babies A & C: 1lb 5 ounces, Baby B: 1lb 7 ounces! Everyone very busy, cervix is still long and closed at 4cm....
U/S 26w1d: Everyone seems to be doing well! Busy as always.... cervix hasn't budged.
Unscheduled U/S @ 27w4d: Baby A & C: 1lb 15 ounces, Baby B: 2lb 5 ounces! Cervix shortened to 3cm... waiting and seeing.

Emergency c-section at 31w5d because Baby A broke his water
Baby A: 2lb 12 ounces
Baby B: 3lb 14 ounces
Baby C: 2lb 13 ounces
Born September 25, 2010

Spontaneous BFP!! In total shock.
BETA on October 15, 2012 (15 DPO): 455.
BETA on October 22, 2012: 5181
First u/s on November 1, 2012: Baby measuring 6w5d, heartbeat 124
IPS screen u/s on December 6, 2012: Very active baby, heartbeat 163, measuring 57.7mm

Anatomy scan on January 21, 2012:  Everything looks good, placenta no longer low-lying, baby tipping the scales at 9oz.
Very cautiously optimistic.

C-Section scheduled for June 14. Hang in there, little one!
Baby Z: 7lb 2 ounces
Born June 14, 2013

#48 orchid

orchid
  • Global 100+
  • 236 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

This is the funniest thread ever!

So, here is my embarrasing moment ... DH has a really raw sense of humour, that I find funny, but others don't know what to make of it. I was really nervous about my ER, so he promised to come for support. He sits down next to my head, holds my hand while the sedation is administered and the nurse asks me if I am feeling the effects. So, I say "Yes" and DH quickly chimes in .. "So, I guess this is a good time to get you to sign that pre-nuptual I've been wanting you to sign for so many years." Well, the RE, the fellow, the nurse, the embryologist (all women) look at each other puzzled and there is silence. So, I start laughing and say "thank you honey for the comic relief ... "

I was so embarassed ... DH is a super sweet, responsible and commited man, but we had to have a nice chat after. Turns out he was nervous and tried to be funny.

Me:40 DH:41
TTC since 2003
Male Factor - Arimidex, but limited impact, therefore fast track to IVF/ICSI
IVF #1, May 2011 - Long Protocol
April 17 - start BCP (Marvelon)
May 3 - start Suprefact
May 13 - start Puregon
May 23 - HCG
May 25 - ER!!!!!!!! 16 eggs retrieved - all ICSI
May 26 - 14 eggs injected - 13 embrios (grow embies grow!)
May 30 - ET - 1 blast and 1 embryo transfered ... saw a taddpole wiggling on u/s!
June 1 - 2 blasts frozen (grade 4BB and 3BC)
June 05 - brown spotting
June 06 - bright red bleed
June 08 - Scheduled beta - BFN - sad.png

FET #1, July 2011
July 11 - Cycle day 1 - Started Estrace and Baby Aspirin
July 21 - u/s to check lining
July 27 - ET of 2 blasts
Aug 5 - BFP ... beta 164
Aug 8 - beta 429
1st u/s - Sept 1 - singleton - h/b 160n/t scan - Sept 30
1st OB appt - Oct 5a/s - Nov 23 - it's a BOY!!EDD - April 14, 2012
Karl Frederick was born on April 1st at 4:32 pm weighing 8 lbs 14 oz.

TTC #2 ... hope this works!

IVF #2 - Sept 2014 
Long Protocol - Suprefact, Gonal F 300
23 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilized, 1 3AB transferred, 1 3BC frozen
Oct 14 - brown spotting
Oct 15 - bright red bleed ... this is looking like my other fresh cycle!!
Oct 20 - BFP ... beta 67 ... OMG!!
Oct 23 - beta 182
Oct 27 - beta 1320
Nov 14 - HB around 72 and measuring at 6wk3dys, rather than 7wks4dys ... will probably m/c
Dec 2 - no HB and measuring 7wk4dys, miscarried the next day sad.png

FET #2, May 2015
Transferred 3BC ... BFN sad.png

IVF #3 - July/Aug 2015

Long Protocol - Suprefact, Gonal F 350

July 27 - start BCP

Aug 5 - start Suprefact

Aug 14 - start Gonal F

Aug 25 - retrieval of 16 oocytes

Aug 26 - 15 ICSIed, 8 fertilized

Aug 30 - 3 frosties (4AB, 2AC, 3AC) - freeze all cycle by choice

FET #3, Sept 2015

Transferred 4AB ... BFN ... sad.png devastated.

FET #4, Oct 2015

Transferred 2AC and 3AC ... very low BFP (7) ... second beta 0

IVF #4 - May 2016

Long Protocol - Suprefact, Gonal F 350, Luveris

May 11 - retrieval of 17 oocytes, 12 ICSId, 12fertilized

May 17 - nothing to transfer or freeze sad.png

Time for 2nd opinions

#49 Good Fortune

Good Fortune
  • 1000+
  • 1550 posts
  • My Clinic:Wessex

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

My most embarrassing moment? Day 6, one follicle. That sucked.
5 bites at the IVF cherry, no 2 lines, no babies, despite some "good" cycles.

NK cells tested March17th 2010. HIGHLY ELEVATED - 24%

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

PitaPata Cat tickers

#50 papoose76

papoose76
  • Cyclebase
  • 1015 posts
  • Interests:My only interest being on this site is to support and get support from women who know what this journey is like.
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

My first ER was excrutiatingly (sp?) painful, so I asked for MORE drugs for my second ER. I was nicely doped up and after my retrieval was done, I looked at my RE, reached out my hand and said "I love you Dr. Lee". Posted Image
  • leigh14 likes this

Me (Nona): 36 DH (Greg):36 2 stepkids (age 12 & 14)
I have been a teacher since 2002.
TTC my first since 1999 (through 2 marriages)
One natural pregnancy (ectopic) May 21, 2009 :'(
IVF #1 (October 2010)
long protocol: 3 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred. BFN.
IVF #2 (October 2011)
short flare protocol: 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 2 transferred, 7 frosties.
BFP (beta- 112, then 133, then 31) lost the pregnancy :'(
HSG- December 20/11 (right side blocked w/ hydro at end, left side open)...
FET #1 (March 2012)
u/s on March 16th, transferred 3 embies March 23rd
beta on April 5th- BFN (less than 1.2)
4 frosties left.... need further implantation testing...
Lap on April 13th: removed what was left of right tube, freed up left tube. Hysteroscopy and lysis of adhesions.

Breakup of marriage, December/12... I am giving up on TTC.