• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Grace45

Grace45
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:24 AM

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have just left a comment in the other forum related to going abroad for treatment. I am 45 and will require donor eggs. I am seriously thinking about going to Spain. Apart from the one clinic mentioned, does anyone have any experience? Comments?

Would love to hear from you, share experiences, etc.

Thanks!
Gracie

#2 lenann

lenann
  • Global 100+
  • 479 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

Hi Gracie,

I did go to Spain to FIV Madrid at the beginning of 2010. We had a good experience there but ended in a bfn. Due to time zone differences between Alberta/Spain, we sometimes found that it was difficult to get same day answers and booking international flights at the last minute was abit costly and hard to arrange especially due to an air strike that was looming at that time. My dh speaks Spanish fluently so he had to be the translator in alot of the cases as the person there who spoke the best English left..that was also hard as not sure that dh asked the right questions sometimes.

So that was the cons. The pros were that there was no real waiting to enter the donor program. They recruit from the university so you are usually looking at eggs from the under 25 range. the clinic was well organized and we did feel that they did a good job. We found a clinic in the US however where the prices where reasonable but was easier for us to travel to. I am currently 34 weeks pg with g/g twins. If we would have had frozen eggs in Spain or not have found this US clinic, we would have gone back to Spain.

If you want advice on the Spanish clinics, you might want to try some of the UK forums as people there travel to Spain more often than they do from Canada/US so you will find a better range of people to give you ideas on which clinics.

Hope this helps
  • My_time likes this
[color="#0000FF"]--------------------

Me: 44 DH: 41
TTC: 2 1/2 years
May 2007 - ectopic pregnancy
Sept 2008 - 1st appointment Foothills
Diagnosed both tubes blocked and DH has 80% antibodies..
IVF # 1: April 2009 BFN
IVF #2: July 2009 BFP but m/c at 6 weeks
D/E #1: Spain Feb 2010, bfn
D/E #2: NY May 2010 - BFP TWINS!!!!
Baby Girls arrived Jan 27/2011 via c-section

#3 noumaska

noumaska
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Czech Republic

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hi Gracie,

we went to Europe as well, Czech Republic. And the experiece was excelent.The clinic is nice, they do speek english(although I'm Slovak-Canadian my self, so I speek their language.)I (41)also needed a egg donor, and the sistem is the same as everywere else- students. You communicate through the internet with them, the waiting was not very long, best thing ,their drogs are different, no injecting....we had 10 embryos, 9 were grade 1, and now I'm proud mommy to a 15 month old girl....
I can nothing but recommend the clinic,still have 7 more embryos(already offered for donation).....

Feel free to contact me for more info....
you can also check out their web: www.reprofit.cz

Good luck

#4 Lucida

Lucida
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi Gracie,

Congratualations.

I am considering doing a DE in Czech. I am communicating with Marcela coordinator for IVF vacation to Czech. They work with the clinic in Zlin. I also want to compare with other Czech clinics. I am curious to know why you chose reprofit clinic instead of the others?

#5 dexter229

dexter229
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy keeping in shape with physical fitness. I play ice hockey in the winter and ball hockey in the summer. I also enjoy camping, travelling and spending time with my amazing family. My dream is to give my beautiful daughter a sibling to laugh and grow with.
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Lucida, are you still planning an ivfvacation through Marcela? I came across their website and wanted to look further into it. Dexter

Me 36, DH 45
TTC#1 2002
DH Varicocele surgery 2003
Clomid 50mg October 2005 BFP!
DD born 07/09/06 6lb13ounces
TTC#2 06/10
Diagnosed High FSH ranges between 10-14
Multiple clomid cycles 50-100mg- all bfn
Clomid/IUI 03/11 bfn
COH/IUI 09/11 bfn
Clomid 12/11 BFP!
Baby only measured 5w6d at 11w ultrasound
Diagnosed missed miscarraige
Misopristol 02/14/12
....trying to figure out whats next...
BFP 06/12 !!
EDD 02/16/12

Baby boy Ryan born Feb 19/2013!!

#6 Adventure

Adventure
  • Cyclebase
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

#7 My_time

My_time

The world says give up! Hope whispers one more time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hi Gracie,

I did go to Spain to FIV Madrid at the beginning of 2010. We had a good experience there but ended in a bfn. Due to time zone differences between Alberta/Spain, we sometimes found that it was difficult to get same day answers and booking international flights at the last minute was abit costly and hard to arrange especially due to an air strike that was looming at that time. My dh speaks Spanish fluently so he had to be the translator in alot of the cases as the person there who spoke the best English left..that was also hard as not sure that dh asked the right questions sometimes.

So that was the cons. The pros were that there was no real waiting to enter the donor program. They recruit from the university so you are usually looking at eggs from the under 25 range. the clinic was well organized and we did feel that they did a good job. We found a clinic in the US however where the prices where reasonable but was easier for us to travel to. I am currently 34 weeks pg with g/g twins. If we would have had frozen eggs in Spain or not have found this US clinic, we would have gone back to Spain.

If you want advice on the Spanish clinics, you might want to try some of the UK forums as people there travel to Spain more often than they do from Canada/US so you will find a better range of people to give you ideas on which clinics.

Hope this helps

May I ask about the centre you found in US? I am very interested to learn more. Many thanks in advance for sharing your experience. Mytime

Diagnosis: Repeated Pregnancy Loss + DOR + Advance maternal Age.

So far no luck with IVF attempts. Hope things take a turn soon.