12 replies to this topic

#1 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:photography & reading
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:58 AM

Is anyone cycling at this clinic at the moment?? I would like to know how bad the waiting times are with the new Quebec Coverage? I am in Quebec so I would be applying for the coverage...has anyone done a covered IVF at this clinic?? How does it work??

Thanks a bunch!

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13135 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:00 AM

Hi Dixie,

I'm in Ontario & I just wanted to wish you the best. Hopefully it's not too bad. Hopefully. :)

#3 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Thanks gibasgirl!

I phoned the clinic this morning to ask what the process is...the girl who answered was the rudest person I have ever spoke on the phone to, she just basicly said to call after 4 Jan, and I asked how long was the wait she said few weeks, and then I asked if I would be covered and she said I would if I have QC health card....I HAD to drag every single information out of her as it was national treasure!!! arghhh

Anyway, I will call after the 4th and make the appointmet for the consultation :)

#4 babydream1

babydream1
  • 40 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Montreal Ferility Clinic

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

HI dixie,

I am totally shocked by your comment, they are all amazing people but I have to say they've grown since August and I know they added a few new receptionists, I always deal with Angie and she's amazing. I know that they are closed as of tomorrow.

From my understanding there it is a few weeks for new patients.

I've been there since Nov 2009 unfortunately no BFP yet but both doctors are SO NICE and the nurses wow !!!! The whole clinic is truly amazing....maybe everyone is just tired and just waiting to go on holidays however no reason to be rude like that !

Hope it helps.

If you have any other questions do not hesitate.

#5 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts
  • My Clinic:Mtl Fert / Ottawa Fert / Hannam Fert

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Like Babydream said, it's an amazing clinic and worth the wait.. probably won't be as long as anywhere else. They close twice a year - xmas holidays and 4-5 weeks over the summer. Their main receptionist can be hit or miss (I'm pretty sure it's Angie and probably who you spoke with). She's been super nice with me, and then has her days, like I'm disturbing her or something... she lost my file from OFC and I had to push to go look for it and sure enough it was there... but the doctors and nurses are AMAZING!!!! YOu'll deal with them once your in - you'll have the nurses email address and they respond back ASAP with any questions or concerns! I plan on going back next summer for IVF#4 - no coverage for me since I'm in ONtario unfortunately. Good luck!!
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
Unexplained infertility / mild male factor
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
1st IVF - April 2008 - M/C @ 6 wks - OFC
1st Beta 25, 2nd Beta 87, 3rd Beta 257 BFP
2nd IVF - January 2y009 - No transfer - OFC
ER 23 eggs, 20 mature, 17 fertilized - TOTAL EPIC FAILURE - ALL 17 Embies arrested in development by Day 5
3rd IVF - June 2009 - This is it! - New Clinic - Montreal Fertility Centre
ER: June 8th - 16 fertilized eggs (no frosties)
ET: June 11th (2 excellent 8cell) & 13th (1 perfect blast)
HPT++++
June 24 1st Beta: 312 BFP
June 26 2nd Beta: 682
July 13 US: Singleton HB 130
July 25 US: HB 175 saw fetus moving
Aug 8 US: HB 165 all perfect
Aug 17 US: HB 157 all perfect
Oct 5 US: It's a BOY!!!!
Born March 3, 2010 - Julien Tristan
May 2011 - Natural BFP - Ectopic
Now trying the old fashion way - Bust
4th IVF - Dec 2011 - Back to OFC
Jan 16 - ER 11 eggs - 3 mature, 2 fertilized (OFC f**ked up again - triggered me too soon)
Jan 18 - Emergency Day 2 ET - 2 4 cell embryo's transferred
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
5th & Final IVF - July 2012 - 3rd opinion - Hannam Fertility
Satelitte monitoring at OFC
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Transferred 3 perfect embryos - 1 blast frozen
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445
Aug 27th US ~ 1 perfect little bean HB 120
Sept 10th US - all good HB 162
Due Date: April 16th, 2013 It's a GIRL!!!
Born April 9th, 2013 - Amelia Danica

#6 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

Forgot to add - Dixie since you are coming from OFC, have your RE write a referral and send it over with your file prior to your appt if you want to move quickly. Dr. Mahutte had already looked over my file at my consultation appt and I walked out with drugs and started my IVF cycle immediately since he didn't need to redo testing or wait for any paperwork from OFC... it's just more efficient that way. I had an U/S done on sight while I was there, so I could start the burselin immediately. You might not need to go back and forth as often. OFC won't charge you for the file if you ask for a referral, if you ask for a copy of your file, I think it's $1 per page... can get pricey.
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
ER 23 eggs, 20 mature, 17 fertilized - TOTAL EPIC FAILURE - ALL 17 Embies arrested in development by Day 5
HPT++++
Jan 16 - ER 11 eggs - 3 mature, 2 fertilized (OFC f**ked up again - triggered me too soon)
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#7 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:46 AM

Thanks ladies!!

Sandibeach it was your comments about MFC that made me switch clinics, and QC coverage is a bonus, DH and I would have paid for another treatment at OFC if they cared about us and not our money!!!

I already asked for copy of my file from OFC and paid for it, because I want to be able to take it to DR. Barwin and MFC. So they just sent me the file last week...it didn't cost that much it was about $63, and I feel like a kid who sees their file in the principal's office waiting for it to arrive so I can scroll through it lol
Once I make my appointment I will send them advance copies of my OFC file so that they can be ready for me.

Well this receptionist did say it's only few weeks wait for the first consultation, so I would say maybe by February I should be in to see them for the 1st consult.

I understand everyone has their bad days :) so I will forgive this receptionist for her rudness lol

#8 elsa

elsa
  • Global 100+
  • 594 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility center

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thanks ladies!!

Hi Dixie!
I have been cycling with Dr Mahutte at the Montreal fertility center since november. I did 3 cycles back to back! 1rst of them was positive but ended with a chemical pregnancy, 2nd was a bad response to med so we cancelled the transfert and this one, i'm 8 weeks pregnant and waiting them to open january 4th for my u/s.
Yes, the receptionists can be rude (all of them) sometimes, but they are overwelmed! After you know them, they are lovely! The doctors are amazing and beleive me, they know very well what they are doing. They are excellent doctors. The nurses are very nice to!!!You will love the clinic and the doctors! I had o waiting. I went for my 1rst consultation apointmant on september 1rst and started the cycle with my next menstrual cycle a few days after! You chose the best clinic i think! I have my friend who is cycling at Mggill at she hates it!
Good luck to you!Sandibeach it was your comments about MFC that made me switch clinics, and QC coverage is a bonus, DH and I would have paid for another treatment at OFC if they cared about us and not our money!!!

I already asked for copy of my file from OFC and paid for it, because I want to be able to take it to DR. Barwin and MFC. So they just sent me the file last week...it didn't cost that much it was about $63, and I feel like a kid who sees their file in the principal's office waiting for it to arrive so I can scroll through it lol
Once I make my appointment I will send them advance copies of my OFC file so that they can be ready for me.

Well this receptionist did say it's only few weeks wait for the first consultation, so I would say maybe by February I should be in to see them for the 1st consult.

I understand everyone has their bad days :) so I will forgive this receptionist for her rudness lol

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Me 43
Him 30
january 1992 natural pregnancy boy
september 1994 natural pregnancy boy
september 2010 IVF # 1 :
8 follicules 5 eggs retrieved 1 embryo tranfert
BFP :)))))[/b]1rst beta 30 2nd beta 13 (chemical pregnancy) :(
october 2010 IVF # 2 :
4 follicules only one retrieve tranfert cancelled embryo chromo problems
november 2010 IVF #3:
7 follicules 4 eggs retrieved 2 embryo tranfert
BFP :)))))) 1rst beta 81 2nd beta 277
january 5th: u/s baby stopped growing at 6 weeks :( micarriage at 9 weeks
july 2011 DE cycle
16 eggs retreived
13 mature
11 fertilized and divided
transfer 1 great blast july 31th
5 blast frosties
HPT 7dpast5dt : BFP :)))))))))))))))) very dark line
beta 1 august 15th 16 dpo : 647 :)
beta 2 august 17th 18 dpo: 1301 :)
1rst u/s august 30th we have a heartbeat of 122
2nd u/s september 13th heartbeat of 179
3rd u/s september 27th heartbeat 1o 177

#9 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

Thanks ladies!!Sandibeach it was your comments about MFC that made me switch clinics

Glad I was able to help - actually it was Duck on this forum who guided me to MFC, otherwise I would have never gone either. I wish I had known about them earlier. My family doctor here in Ottawa refers all her patients to OFC, but they have similiar comments and experiences to me, so based on my results and comments, she has now started to refer her patients to MFC as well instead of OFC. All the best with your consult and upcoming cycle!!

Congrats Elsa on your pregnancy. they are the best there, I agree!!!
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
HPT++++
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#10 missem

missem
  • 18 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCOS and now blocked tubes OFC

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

I am seeing Dr Vause in a couple of weeks and we plan on getting a referral to the MFC. My husband had a varicocele embolization in Toronto at the beginning of December so we wanted to wait several months before trying again. I will *never* do IVF at the OFC again (I usually never say never...but in this case...). Dixie, keep us posted on your progress and your impressions of the clinic. I would be interested to hear what you think! Good luck with everything!

#11 Sandibeach

Sandibeach

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 1840 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

Missem - Call the clinic now to make an appt with them. They don't need the referall to give you an appt. IN the meantime when you meet with Dr. Vause, you can tell her you have an appt xxx date and you need the referral sent to them beforehand. MFC will charge you $100 if you live in Ontario. MFC does not require a referal for an appt, but by having your file, you can proceed much quicker in next steps. Also the referall is free, as opposed to having a copy of your file which you need to pay for.

I can tell you from personal experience, you will LOVE MFC - their approach is so hands on, personal and you really feel like they have a vested interest in actually getting you pregnant. It's not about money for them - when I went for my initial consult, I left with thousands of dollars in drugs, starting my next IVF cycle, had an ultrasound done and had future appts booked - I had to insist to pay my consult fee, they said to only pay my IVF fee when I came back a month for my next appt and the drugs would be paid for later. Never did I expect to start IVF so quickly, nor not having to pay. Gosh I remember OFC - when you call for Day 1, they won't even talk to you until your fee is paid... here is the complete opposite. The nurse is amazing, she gives you a written schedule of drugs, appts etc, so you can't make a mistake and an EMAIL address if you have any questions or concers, which they answer same day... it's night and day from OFC - you'll wonder why you didn't go there first.. (I wish I had) ANyways I could go on and on about how great they are.. my only compliant is the receptionist... they can be hit and miss. I only dealt with two different ones during my treatment and the "backup" was MUCH MUCH better than the regular daytime one. But you won't deal with her once you start IVF, it's the nurses which are so great!!
ME-39 DH-39
TTC 9 years
6 Cycles Clomid - BFN
1 Laproscopy
2 IUI's- BFN
HPT++++
Feb 2 - Beta - BFN
ER - July 24
ET - July 27
Beta - Aug 10
Aug 6 - HPT ++++++
Aug 8th Beta - 225 BFP
Aug 10th Beta - 445

#12 whisper

whisper
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi,

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I started going to this clinic in the summer of 2006 when it was still being run by the Dr. Biljan. It was a very small clinic with only Dr.Biljan and his wife Diane who was the nurse & Eileen the receptionist. An amazing staff!!!!!! Loved them!!!

When Dr.Biljan passed away Dr.Mahutte took his place. It still remained a very small clinic. Unlike Mcgill it was very warm, the staff knew your name, the wait time for appts was short and the wait time for the dr to see you was very good too. The clinic was small.

Eileen the receptionist was the kindest person I ever met. so empathetic to our needs and sooooooooo caring.

I had a very difficult time conceiving and thought it was impossible for me however, dr.mahutte always had the faith and was behind us 100%. he was also very up front and told us the facts and not only what we wanted to hear but always in a nice way. He NEVER once rushed us when we had questions or concerns.

Thanks to dr. Mahutte's dedication our dreams came true and I became pg with twin boys in April 2008. I now have twin 2 yr old boys.

Sounds like they grew alot and it seems they are alot busier than when I went to this clinic BUT I do know dr.Mahutte and I know that he has not changed. You won't go wrong if you choose this clinic. Take me as an example!!

Hope this helps

#13 Hostlucy

Hostlucy
  • Global 100+
  • 426 posts
  • My Clinic:OVO/MFC/McGill

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Thanks ladies!!

Sandibeach it was your comments about MFC that made me switch clinics, and QC coverage is a bonus, DH and I would have paid for another treatment at OFC if they cared about us and not our money!!!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Wishing you a healthy and happy nine months. :th_acheerlead:
Me: 43 DH: 43
IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 BFP!!

9 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 transfered
2 -5 cell grade 2-3, 1-9 cell grade 3
10dp3dt + hpt
12dp3dt beta = 109, 237 & 25dp3dt 15418
1st u/s May 16 - twins!! Babies measure 6w1d
Twin A hb 111, Twin B hb 101
June 3, Twin B didn't make it
DS born December 26, 2009

IVF #4 BFN
IVF #5 BFN
IVF #6 BFP!!
11 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized!
1 6 cell and 1 8 cell embryo transfered, good quality
2 4 cell embryos frozen
9dp3dt faint + on First Response
12dp3dt beta = 97, 167, 295, 408
1st U/S 08/18/11 Baby measures 6w1d, no HB detected
2nd U/S 08/25/11 Baby measures 6w4d, HB normal
3rd U/S 09/13/11 Baby measures 9w1d, 174bpm

12/2011 -Baby diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve
DS born April 4, 2012