D3T Success Rate Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BabyHopes12

BabyHopes12
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:40 AM

We had one 8-cell and one 10-cell, both grade A, transferred on D3 (12/4/10). Our only remaining was a 7-cell, grade C on D3, but made it to extended blast (D6). Is this an indication the transferred, higher quality embryos would have made it to blast? Furthermore, does it increase the chance I'm still carrying?

Thank you!

#2 PlsKnockMeUp

PlsKnockMeUp
  • Cyclebase
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:Injury
  • My Clinic:Astra

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

I find it interesting that they grade 10 cells as A because if you think of how cells divide, there is something extra going on

1+1=2
2 doubled to 4 doubled to 8, where it the 10???
Me = 35 DH = 39
TCC = 3 years

Sept 2009 - appendix ruptured
Jan 2010 - removed left tube
May 2010 - removed right tube

October - successful investigative cycle

IVF #1 20 follicles, 17 fertilized. ET 2 8 cell embroyos = BFN :(

14 Frosties waiting

FET planned for early January
Transfered 3 embryos (8 cell)
First Beta - 156
Second Beta - 150
Chemical Pregnancy :(

Took time off until this October where we began a natural cycle

Transfered 3 embryos on October 15th
Beta #1 = 4.9954 - what the???
Beta #2 = 2
Chemical Pregnancy :(

Have 5 frosties left for the new year but considering a fresh cycle now, concerned about embryo quality

#3 baby2come

baby2come
  • Cyclebase
  • 328 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

I know I'm not the Dr, but wanted to let you know that on my first cycle, they transferred a 9 cell and a 12 cell on day 3. I was concerned abou the cell numbers and when my RE was doing the transfer he said that sometimes they do split a bit unevenly but it they were to be checked in another hour or so the cell division would be fine. The good news is that my cycle was BFP and I now have an 18 month old.

It sounds like you transferred awesome embryos! Good luck with the cycle. I'm in the 2ww now too and it's SO hard.
Clomid + IUI x 3 = BFN

IVF / ICSI Sept 2008
BFP!!!
Our baby girl arrived June 20, 2009

Nov 2010 - jumping on the rollercoaster again
IVF/ICSI November 2010
BFP!!

Our second baby girl arrived August 10, 2011

Thank you Genesis/Olive - our journey is over...
We are complete

#4 BabyHopes12

BabyHopes12
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

I find it interesting that they grade 10 cells as A because if you think of how cells divide, there is something extra going on

1+1=2
2 doubled to 4 doubled to 8, where it the 10???

The "A" in this scale means no fragmentation.

#5 BabyHopes12

BabyHopes12
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

I know I'm not the Dr, but wanted to let you know that on my first cycle, they transferred a 9 cell and a 12 cell on day 3. I was concerned abou the cell numbers and when my RE was doing the transfer he said that sometimes they do split a bit unevenly but it they were to be checked in another hour or so the cell division would be fine. The good news is that my cycle was BFP and I now have an 18 month old.

It sounds like you transferred awesome embryos! Good luck with the cycle. I'm in the 2ww now too and it's SO hard.

Thank you so much for posting this information.... it was reassuring and made me smile. Congratulations on your 18 mo old and being PUPO! I guess we can 2ww together!!! When is your first beta?