FET and miscarriage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

I have seen where a lot of women who do a FET and get a BFP end up having a miscarriage at 5-6 weeks. (including myself in the summer of 09). I am 3dp6dt today and am so hoping for a BFP and a healthy baby(ies) in the summer! but I am so afraid of a repeat of last summer. Is the miscarriage rate for FET higher than with a fresh cycle or spontaneous conception?

thanks in advance!
Heather

#2 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3061 posts
  • Interests:Stem cells, cord blood and infertility
  • My Clinic:The Bridge Clinic, Lagos, Nigeria

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

I have seen where a lot of women who do a FET and get a BFP end up having a miscarriage at 5-6 weeks. (including myself in the summer of 09). I am 3dp6dt today and am so hoping for a BFP and a healthy baby(ies) in the summer! but I am so afraid of a repeat of last summer. Is the miscarriage rate for FET higher than with a fresh cycle or spontaneous conception?

No, the miscarriage rate should be the same. A clotting screen and careful luteal support may help.

Good luck!

Peter

thanks in advance!
Heather

www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com

#3 Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

Thankyou so very much for the response!!!!!! At 11days past a 6day transfer my hcg was 212 and yesterday at 18days past my hcg was 4007 - my RE is happy with those numbers and I hope and pray this baby sticks around until July 2011!!!! I am so happy!!!!

#4 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3061 posts
  • Interests:Stem cells, cord blood and infertility
  • My Clinic:The Bridge Clinic, Lagos, Nigeria

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

Thankyou so very much for the response!!!!!! At 11days past a 6day transfer my hcg was 212 and yesterday at 18days past my hcg was 4007 - my RE is happy with those numbers and I hope and pray this baby sticks around until July 2011!!!! I am so happy!!!!

Good luck!

Peter
www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com