1 reply to this topic

#1 When

When
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

...the first HCG shot was mixed incorrectly or I didn't respond, so I didn't ovulate.

Shot was to go in Sunday night at 12mid night. Botched

Went to clinic Tues am for retrieval, did blood, no ovulation. did u/s. R side eggs; 29, 25, 24, 23, 21 L side 20.5, 15.5, 15, 17, 24, 15.5, 9, 15.5, 10,

Tues 8pm did HCG shot

Thursday 8am clinic for retrieval. got 10... None had ruptured and Dr was happy, all things considered....

Sunday morning for implantation 5 matured, 3 great 2 not so great, put 5 in, no prego.....

MY QUESTION.....

We screwed up the hcg shot and screwed up the Dr's protocol, how much of an effect did our mistake have on the quality of the eggs and or the failure of the IVF cycle itself??

I am just 40, been told to have the inside of 25 year old, 4 failed IUI, now 3 failed IVF (2 fresh 1 frozen)...

Thanks for any advice or help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T and D

#2 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3061 posts
  • Interests:Stem cells, cord blood and infertility
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:The Bridge Clinic, Lagos, Nigeria

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

...the first HCG shot was mixed incorrectly or I didn't respond, so I didn't ovulate.

Shot was to go in Sunday night at 12mid night. Botched

Went to clinic Tues am for retrieval, did blood, no ovulation. did u/s. R side eggs; 29, 25, 24, 23, 21 L side 20.5, 15.5, 15, 17, 24, 15.5, 9, 15.5, 10,

Tues 8pm did HCG shot

Thursday 8am clinic for retrieval. got 10... None had ruptured and Dr was happy, all things considered....

Sunday morning for implantation 5 matured, 3 great 2 not so great, put 5 in, no prego.....

MY QUESTION.....

We screwed up the hcg shot and screwed up the Dr's protocol, how much of an effect did our mistake have on the quality of the eggs and or the failure of the IVF cycle itself??

Timing is citical in IVF so missing medication is not good

Try to make sure you have your medication at the right time

Good luck!

Peter

I am just 40, been told to have the inside of 25 year old, 4 failed IUI, now 3 failed IVF (2 fresh 1 frozen)...

Thanks for any advice or help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T and D

www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com