#1 Savvy

Savvy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1027 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hello Dr. Peter Hollands,

I was just curious; What percentage of frozen embryo's, that make it to a blastocyst, survive the thawing process?

We have one frozen blast from our current cycle and I just wanted to know it's chances of survival when it is thawed for an future FET. On day 3, it was a 4 cell, B grade and on day 6 was a frozen since it made developed into a blastocyst.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer everyones questions,
LMC

• JanEstidA likes this

Started TTC in October 2007
IVF #1 May/June 2010 - 12 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 transferred, BFN & no frosties
IVF #2 Oct/Nov 2010 - 6 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, BFN & 1 frozen embryo
FET #1 March 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Aug/Sept 2011 - 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 1 frozen embryo, BFP - It's a boy!

FET #2 March 2014 - BFN

IVF #4 Aug/Sept 2014 - 2 follicles - Cancelled due to poor response

IVF #5 April 2015 -  9 follicles, 6 eggs, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred, no frosties, Beta#1 12dp3dt - 110 / Beta#2 18dp3dt- 491 / Beta#3 22dp3dt - 3032 / Beta#4 @8wks - 55,525 + u/s @8wks revealed baby 3 weeks behind + u/s @10wks no heartbeat / Misscarriage

#2 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3061 posts
  • Interests:Stem cells, cord blood and infertility
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:The Bridge Clinic, Lagos, Nigeria

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

I was just curious; What percentage of frozen embryo's, that make it to a blastocyst, survive the thawing process?

The best clinics have a 70-80% successful blastocyst thawing rate

We have one frozen blast from our current cycle and I just wanted to know it's chances of survival when it is thawed for an future FET. On day 3, it was a 4 cell, B grade and on day 6 was a frozen since it made developed into a blastocyst.

This sounds like a good embryo and it should do well.

Good luck!

Peter

LMC

www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com

#3 zoeoz

zoeoz
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Invitro, Family, money making ideas,
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:MCGILL

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

The best clinics have a 70-80% successful blastocyst thawing rate

This sounds like a good embryo and it should do well.

Good luck!

Hi doctor I also have two embryo's in Argentina, one on day 3 was a 8 cell and the other was 13 cells and both made it to blastocyst so they were frozen. Do you think it would be a good bet to go back and make another try ?
The first time I had two very good 8 cell on day three implanted and none took, I had got a flu of sorts and didnt even get pregnant.

Also do you think its possible to have them sent here in Quebec ?
I did ask the doctor about them and he said I might as well do another fresh cycle instead !!! yet the donor was 22 and the embryo's looked good.

Please advise,

Thank You,

z

Peter

LMC

#4 kookacola

kookacola
  • Global 100+
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:4x4ing, camping, music, reading romance books, swinning, spending time with my husband and daughter
  • Dx:Other

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

I too have a question too, I did a donar cycle in 2009 with 13 eggs, then they went to fertilize then 7 arrested, then 2 more. We transferred 2 and I got pregnant and have a healthy baby girl. We're looking to do an fet and wondered if they embryos will make it to thaw and what our chances of sucess since it was from a donar cycle? Any insigt would be much appreciated.
married since 1996. '98 went to first ob and given clomid and written off at the door. '99 went to second ob and he did a lap and said if we weren't pg in 6 months referral to RFP. '00 went to RFP and re said she couldn't explain why we couldn't get pg but didn't investigate ether. '03 natural bfp and had m/c at 12 weeks. '04 went to another ob who was an re. he did iui, testing. '05 iui with letrazole-bfn. '06 iui and clomid and cancelled cycle and went in for surgery. Lap and hysteroscopy. did iui and injections and bfn. Referred to RFP again because re got us as far as he could and re said I had high fsh, lh and pof and pcos and endo, also suggested egg donation. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have dd. went to RFP and were told ivf was not a good idea because I respond poorly to meds. ok, let's move onto d/e. Couldn't do d/e until we had a failed cycle under out belts with my eggs. '07 did ivf with my eggs, retrived 3 and 1 made it to transfer- chemical. So moved onto d/e. '09 went back to RFP again for the orientation and consult for d/e and cycled in April '09- 13 eggs retrieved and 4 made it to day 3. Two transferred and bgp with dd. Dd born on 01/01/10!!!! Were crown the New Years Baby!!!! '14 came back for consult and did fet in Nov which was a bfn sad.png we're out of embies and options. Meet re/ob in '15 to discuss options. Considering adoption.