positive experience

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#51 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

Hi Andia,

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I do plan on waiting to see what the HSG shows before deciding anything. I need to talk to Dr. Taylor some more to make sure I have all the info straight. I may do at least one cycle of clomid/IUI or super O/IUI.

I guess part of my dilemma is the driving to and from Vancouver for appointments for IUI (espec. Super O which I think has more appointments). I work in Surrey, and hate to take a ton of time off work, although my boss knows about this and is very supportive. I could always make up the time I guess.

Where are you in your IVF cycle? Have you started yet?

i've heard that Dr. Rowe is awesome :)

K
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40
m/c Oct 13/04 - blighted ovum at 12 weeks
August '05 - bloodwork and SA a-okay
August '05 - HSG - clear (? - apparantly not!!!!)
November 10/05 - HSG - hydrosalphinx in left tube, almost completely blocked
November 28/05 - laproscopy - left tube scarred to ovary and bowel - scarring removed, bowel and ovary freed, and tube reopened
TTC for 4 months, then back to the RE
Started acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbs December 6/05
Started Superovulation + IUI in July/August 06 = BFP - baby Elizabeth born April 12/07

#52 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

Hi again Karen,

I am just starting my ivf cycle now. I am in the suppression phase... it is such a rollercoaster ride that I really didn't want to be on, but here I am!! I really hope that it works for us!

I know what you mean about having to take time away from work, it can be stressful to have to try and juggle things, but usually your b/w and u/s will be at 8am and it is really quick, in and out... It's only the last few days where you have to go in daily. Still, it's a long commute to Surrey. I had actually booked vacation for a week around the time of my retreival and transfer, so I don't have to worry about work.

Dr. R. is great... good bedside manner. The nurses are really nice as well.

Keep me posted!

:) andia

fa8uog.gif

#53 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:09 PM

Best of luck to you Andia!!!!!

Keep me posted on how your cycle goes :)

Karen
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40
November 28/05 - laproscopy - left tube scarred to ovary and bowel - scarring removed, bowel and ovary freed, and tube reopened
Started Superovulation + IUI in July/August 06 = BFP - baby Elizabeth born April 12/07

#54 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

Any decisions yet Karen? Did you have your hsg yet? Let me know!! :)

andia

fa8uog.gif

#55 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

Hi Andia,

No decisions yet...DH and I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Brazil and I didn't get a chance to connect with the Dr. before we left. I'm currently in the 2ww (5dpo) so won't have the HSG until after AF arrives.

I'm planning on calling the dr. tomorrow and then we'll decide. I'm thinking we'll probably go with Clomid + IUI or superovulation + IUI and see how that goes before moving on to IVF.

I'll let you know what I decide.

How are you doing? Still gearing up for IVF?

Karen
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40

#56 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:49 AM

Hi Karen and Andia,

Karen - hope you had a nice vacation and some relaxation time before starting all of this. It's nice to be able to gather you thoughts and spend some time with dh's before moving onto such an incredible journey.
Was it 9 days after AF when you're supposed to get the HSG? I can't remember now :bang: I'm in the 2ww (natural cycle) as well, but I'm just behind you 2 days, I'm 4 dpo. I just thought I'd say hello and maybe well bump into each other over on the IUI side!

Can't wait for you to get started!!!

Andia - how are you doing? You must be close now to ER? I'd love to hear how you holding up :grouphug2:

Shawn

#57 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:46 PM

Hi Shawn!

I see you're going to try the super O / IUI - do you know the drugs you take with that? Is it clomid + something else or are the drugs completely different? Just curious...I still haven't had a spare half an hour to call the doctor. Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

You're supposed to call for HSG appointment as soon as AF arrives (probably early next week for me). Then they make the appointment a few days later (probably day 5-7).

Karne
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40

#58 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:13 AM

HI Karen,

I've already done the IUI/Super O once. Big FAT Neg for me <_< . I just used Gonal for my IUI then the Ovidrel for trigger. There were not suppresion drugs or anything like that, just Gonal.

I had already done Clomid YEARS ago, so I guess RE figured that I would respond better to Gonal seeing as I did so well in responding during my IVF's. I think what I'd like to do is if I don't get pg for these IUI's I'd like her to give me some more Clomid so I can try that again. After the IUI's that's it for me... I'm just so not ready to say it's over :( . What's the harm in doing Clomid again? Maybe I'll respond better this time, when I was on it so long ago I wasn't even ovulating on my own, now I do sooo.... just a thought of mine. :blush:

Don't worry about not having time to call them, usually they're so good getting you in once you're officially IN. Have you had an HSG before? :ph34r: Don't like those. If you're tubes are clear they're not so bad, but I was missing my right tube so it hurt like crazy on that side! When it flowed through the left it wasn't bad at all.

Well, keep us posted, I'd love to know when you're going to get started!

Shawn

#59 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:37 AM

Hey Shawn,

I've had an HSG before, and it sucked! They thought my left tube was blocked, so shot more dye up there - OMG, it was the pits. In the end they thought the tube was ok, but because I didn't have it at the Radiology clinic my RE likes, she wants me to have it redone to be sure (since they are experts at doing them at this clinic).

I think we'll at least do 1 cycle of clomid + IUI. I don't want to spend $$ on the injectible drugs and then find out that I have a blocked tube and the whole month is a bust.

Where did you buy your drugs - any suggestions on where's cheapest? I've heard Costco is good, but I don't know if they carry the injectibles if and when I need those.

DH is thinking maybe we should do another unmedicated cycle until we know the results of the HSG (he doesn't want to waste a clomid cycle since the doc said we should really on do 3 in a row). I'm sick of waiting though, and want to start with something. I told him if my tube is blocked, our options may become either IVF or surgery, so wasting a clomid cycle isn't really a concern. does that make sense?????

So sorry you're having trouble with getting pg. Geez!!!!
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40

#60 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

Hi Shawn and Karen,

Just a little update on moi... My cycle was cancelled 3 weeks ago. :( I was pretty crushed...
The synarel spray didn't suppress me, and I began to ovulate after sniffing for 3 weeks. I was taken off the spray and was told to wait for AF and begin a new cycle with bcps... Now, AF is late by over a week, so my body is not co-operating at all!! I am so frusterated!! I want to get this cycled started once and for all!! I know there is a drug you can take to bring on AF, but they said they only give it to women who don't ovulate or have regular cycles. Well, I usually do O and have reg cycles, but not this time!! The synarel really threw things off for me.

:bang:

Can anyone tell I am frusterated!!

Shawn- back to the good old days of trying au naturelle? Do you have your themometer and ovulation tests out?? :laugh: If it's bfn are you going to have another iui next month? Is ivf out of your plans for good?
Good luck Shawn.

Karen- Good luck with your hsg... I had a blocked tube and went to laurel clinic and they were very gentle and it was uncomfortable, but it wasn't painful for me. If you do have a blocked tube, you will have to see Dr. Rowe. He is really nice and has a very dry sense of humour, but I like him alot. Hopefully you won't have a blocked tube and can get pg on an IUI cycle and don't have to do ivf. I know what you mean about wanting to get things started... I will be turning 35 in a few months and all I can here is tic toc....

Bye Girls!
andia

fa8uog.gif

#61 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

Oh Andia,

I'm SO sorry, holy crap, I had no idea your cycle got canceled!! Well, for crying out loud :wall: . Are they going to put you on Buserelin this next time, then? Jeez, if Synarel doesn't suppress you... I'm just shaking my head, I can't belive it. You have waited so long to get this going and now this? *sigh* BIG HUGS to you :grouphug2: .

The drug you're thinking of is Provera. I've taken that a few times and been perscribed it more than I like - I have only taken it twice even tho they've perscribed it at least 4 or 5 times. I just don't like pushing nature along in that way so much, plus my acupuncturist is DEAD set against it, he says to take Prometrium by mouth as it's natural, as opposed to Prometrium being a synthetic. Weren't you seeing Lorne Brown, too? Anyhow, I do ovulate given time and I don't have regular cycles, so what's that all about when they say they'll only give it to women who don't ovulate? :icon_question: Wow, you just must be superovulatory woman!! :P

Yup, back to temping but no ovulation tests, my god, I could do a hundred of those in one cycle trying to pinpoint my ovulation! It can come anytime! We just make sure we've covered all the bases when I see my cm getting fertile looking :woohoo: . Although this month I had EW cm, a drop in my temperature but then no O. Crap, I thought. So we took a break from BD'ing for over a week or so, then when we decided to start doing it again "just incase", and I O'ed! Phew, that was a close one!! Good timing so we will wait and see :pray: .

I will do another IUI if I get a BFN thistime. Then I get another Lap before I procede onto more IUI's. Ya, unfortunately IVF is not a choice for me anymore, well, that's what Dr.Williams says... still wondering about that. <_<

I hear ya about getting older. I'll be 34 next month... didn't we do this last year? A YEAR AGO?! :thud-faint: , oh boy. Start a new thread "Been here over a year club" :giveup: Ooo aren't I a downer? Sorry.

Well you hang in there. I can't say I know how you feel, but I know what it's like to want to get started. You've had a rough go of it, so vent, get angry, whatever, just take care of yourself. We're always here to listen, I'm glad that you came in and let us know what was up. I'm sorry the news sucked.

Your turn is coming!
:flowers: Shawn

#62 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

Hey Shawn,

I've had an HSG before, and it sucked! They thought my left tube was blocked, so shot more dye up there - OMG, it was the pits. In the end they thought the tube was ok, but because I didn't have it at the Radiology clinic my RE likes, she wants me to have it redone to be sure (since they are experts at doing them at this clinic).

I think we'll at least do 1 cycle of clomid + IUI. I don't want to spend $$ on the injectible drugs and then find out that I have a blocked tube and the whole month is a bust.

Where did you buy your drugs - any suggestions on where's cheapest? I've heard Costco is good, but I don't know if they carry the injectibles if and when I need those.

DH is thinking maybe we should do another unmedicated cycle until we know the results of the HSG (he doesn't want to waste a clomid cycle since the doc said we should really on do 3 in a row). I'm sick of waiting though, and want to start with something. I told him if my tube is blocked, our options may become either IVF or surgery, so wasting a clomid cycle isn't really a concern. does that make sense?????

So sorry you're having trouble with getting pg. Geez!!!!

Hey Karen,

I agree with both of you (you and dh) waiting to procede onto IVF until you know what's what. My RE suggested that I get my Lap done this month, but I wanted to try one more IUI cycle (and this cycle on my own) first. It's easier for us as our drugs are covered, I know if they weren't we wouldn't even be doing this. One hand I wanted to get the sx done so I would know for sure it wasn't my tube. Then I thought, well, I've had the HSG done and they said it was clear, plus I've been pg before with that one remaining tube, so I put it off. Clomid is cheap, isn't it? Cheaper than FSH drugs! What is the reason for you not getting pg? Is it possible that you might get pg on your own without the drugs? Hope so, it's worth a try!

I buy my drugs at the Laurel Safeway. I get them there just because I know that they always have these drugs in stock. I'm not sure about Costco carrying fertility drugs...??? :icon_question:

Anyhow, what you said in the end of your post does make sense. But think of this...
Say one of your tubes might have a bit of a blockage, but it's one so small that the HSG didn't detect it. RE feels that you should have another but you just want to get started with something, like Clomid, at least you feel you're moving forward instead of doing nothing, am I right? OK. Well, say you got pg off the Clomid but it turned out to be a tubal pg. You have now either slightly or severely damaged your tube, with a possibility of losing it all together. Now you are even more worse off, if you didn't have a blocked tube then, you more than likely would now. :(

THAT is what I had to think about. I've already lost a tube to an ectopic pg. If I do get pg this time without repeating the HSG to make sure everything is clear and then it turns out I have an ectopic, I'd shoot myself. But, I am stupid and desperate and I'm going ahead with it anyways against DH's wishes. RE only suggested it, but wouldn't go ahead with anymore IUI's if this one didnt work unless I got a Lap sx.

I don't want to scare you, I just want you to think of what can possibly happen when you can't turn back the clock. Now, did I make sense??? :bang:

None of these decisions you will make will be easy. I just wish you didn't have to make them :( . Hope I didn't bum you out!! Keep in touch and let us know what is said and what you decide to do, ok?

((HUGS)) it all work out!!
Shawn :flowers:

#63 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:29 PM

Hi again Shawn,

So you took the provera? I don't think they will give it to me, but I am so tired of waiting for AF, I have thought about it. I agree 100% with you about wanting to let nature take it's course, so I probably won't. I guess I just really wanted to do a cycle before they close for Xmas. :pray: Please come soon AF!! I am thinking of going back to see Lorne with this upcoming cycle (whenever it may be). I really found a difference in my overall health when I went to him. Do you think you might go back?

When I spoke with Michelle about my AF being so late, she suggested doing a hpt!!? I was like, 'uh, it's physically impossible for me to be pg as I was O'ing on the side of the tube that is tied'.. and she said that sometimes the egg can travel to the other tube... but is very rare.

For the next cycle I will be starting with bcp (didn't before) then after 14 days of bcp start sniffing synarel again. I sure hope it works this time! Dr. R said it should work along side the bcp! Let's hope!

Why do you have to have a lap? I just had mine in Aug to clip my tube that had fluid in it. Dr. R did the surgery. It was my 2nd one (first emergency for EP) and it was so much easier this time. Have you had one before? I'm wondering why dr. W thinks you shouldn't do ivf too. :think:

Well good luck with the 2ww! You did get pg naturally before, so you never know!! ;)

Karen-

I just wanted to let you know that I get my drugs from Safeway on Cambie/14th. I use my blue airmiles card and if you buy your drugs on the first Tue of the month you get double airmiles. I also use my aeroplan visa card to pay for my cycle and then pay my visa with my line of credit. I figure I may as well get something out of all this! By the end of it, I will have enough miles to go on a trip far, far away!! :lol:

Bye Girls!

fa8uog.gif

#64 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:33 PM

You ladies are so great!

Andia - so sorry your cycle got cancelled - I'd be frustrated too! ACK! It would be nice to end up with enough airmiles after all this to be able to go on a trip, good idea! Glad to hear they're going to be nice to me with the HSG - my last one was a doozy!

Shawn - I have gotten pg naturally before (last July i got pregnant and then had a missed m/c last October due to a blighted ovum). they don't know what's wrong with us (unexplained secondary infertility). I appreciate your candor, and you've given me something to think about. I know DH thinks we should wait another cycle until after the HSG (he doesn't want to 'waste' a clomid cycle if I have a blocked tube). I never really thought about risk of an ectopic. Hopefully I'll just get my bfp this cycle and not have to worry about any of this crap.

take care ladies :)
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40

#65 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:47 PM

Hi girls,

AF showed up today :( I'm going for my HSG next Thursday on the 10th. I couldn't change DH's mind about taking clomid this cycle, so no drugs for me this month. Hopefully the HSG is clear and we can start getting serious next cycle.

Is Lorne Brown an accupuncturist in Vancouver? I'm thinking of trying that out as Dr. Taylor suggested that and maybe to see a herbalist. I guess I should try anything that might help since they don't know what the heck the problem is.

Karen
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40

#66 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:33 AM

Hi Karen,

Sorry about AF showing...

Good luck with your hsg on the 10th. :crsd: Hopefully all will be clear and you can do an IUI right away. I heard that sometimes if you have a small blockage the hsg can actually clear you out, and pg rates are higher in a hsg month.

Both Shawn and I did go to acubalance with Lorne. I found a big difference in my overall health when seeing him. I will be going back to see him for this upcoming cycle. I highly recommend going to Lorne, it is so relaxing and I totally beleive in tcm.

Let us know how your test goes! Good luck!

BTW, they didn't give me my results at the Laurel clinic, I had to wait to see my Dr to find out I had a blocked tube.

andia

fa8uog.gif

#67 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:34 PM

Hi Karen,

So sorry about AF, that sucks :( . Feel ok about not doing a cycle until you KNOW for sure the results from the HSG. You can never turn back the clock, right. Once the HSG is done and you know (from RE) that you're good to go, then you won't be wondering and worried :) .

Like Andia says, you find out results from RE, not from the techs at Laurel. I found out my results 6 weeks later!! My RE likes to take her time <_< , but my results were not what I expected, I learned that I didn't even HAVE a right falopian tube, I had lost it with my ectopic pg. I didn't even know. That was pretty devestating to say the least. You'll feel much better once you know everything, trust me! :P

Yup, Andia and I went to see Lorne. I had to stop though, I just couldn't afford it anymore after my last IVF. I didn't want to not go and look back after a BFN and wonder "If I had done accupuncture, would I be pg?" I'm glad I did it, and ohhhh, did I EVER feel relaxed! I loved it. Best thing about it was I had headaches and chronic back pain since I was 16. Lorne got rid of that for me :woohoo: . My backaches have come back with a vengance since not seeing him now, but the headaches are few and far between! It's definately worth it ^_^ .

We have unexplained infertility, too. Aside from the missing tube and the irregular cycles, there is no explanation. I've been pg, I had a blighted ovum October 2000, and that was after losing my right tube. That always seems to give me hope, you know, if it happened then it could happen again... I keep my hopes up. Try.

Good luck with your HSG, Karen. Let us know what happens!
Shawn

#68 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

Andia,

So you didn't ovulate? Now they're putting you on the BCP?? But, shouldn't you shed that lining? That would be my assumption... lol, but you know what they say about assuming :P . Ok, so now you do the BCP, do you do that for 21 days? Then what? Bleed? THEN start stims? That will get you in right before Christmas, right?

I can't believe Michelle said to do an HPT, what did you say?? Hey, weirder things have happened! You just never know!! I have a hard time believing that theory about the egg travelling to the other side, ok ok, sure, it's probably true, but that's some journey!

I did have a lap but a looooong time ago, maybe 14 years ago, g-d that's a long time ago:mellow: . I had it done a year and a bit before I got pg with my son. Dr.W wants me to do another one because it WAS so long ago. My HSG was clear on the left side, but she still wants to see whats going on.

Back to see Lorne? Great, good for you. You're going to feel sooooo good! Wish I could afford it, but I can't, especially with Christmas coming. It's so beneficial to feel good while doing all of this, too, don't you think? When are you going to start?

Well, off to finish the chores :thud-faint: .

Shawn

#69 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:55 AM

Shawn,

Yeah, I started the pill Tue... I went in for a b/t on Mon and they checked to see if I O'd or not... they checked my P4 and E2 which were both low. So Dr R called me and said it looks like I never O'd that is why I am not getting AF.

The more I think of it, seems weird, as when I was trying to suppress last month, I was cancelled because they saw a big 24mm follie and told me I was about to ovulate!? What happened to that follie if I didn't O? I guess it must have disappeared because my estrogen went from 1200 at the baseline scan(4 weeks ago) to 210 this past Monday with no AF in between.

Anyways, he said to start the bcp for 21 days (I should get AF after stopping the bcp), and in 14 days from starting the pill start sniffing.... then I go in for baseline on the 25th. Hopefully things will be okay and I will get suppressed this time. I am a bit worried though, I don't know if starting the bcp in an supposed anovulatory cycle... I just hope it doesn't affect my egg quality, quanity or that I have no cyst or anything. Plus, of course I want to get suppressed!!!
:crsd:

I am going to back to Lorne as I am a very stressed woman right now, and I find that the acupuncture makes me feel so much better, that I figure it can only help. If I get a bfn, I won't be going back... it's just too $$. I just want to give my first ivf try the best chance.

So, when is your 2ww over? Are you feeling like it maybe the lucky one? If it isn't, will you be back on the IUI wagon after Xmas?

I am so dreading Xmas this year, I will be in the 2ww (if I get that far) and then my results will be on Xmas day... can you believe that? It will be either the best or worst Xmas ever!! To top it off, our whole family is getting together for Xmas this year for the first time in years! Should be a rollercoaster!!! :wacko:

Well off to bed...

TTYL,
andia

fa8uog.gif

#70 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

Hi Andia,

I can completely understand your worries and your concerns, I'd feel the same way. Especially if they assume (oh there's that word again..) that you were going to ovulate with that big follie. Then they cancel you assuming just that. Now they say you DIDN'T ovulate :angry: . They sure leave room for mistakes boy. What did they say happened to that follie?? Hmmm, poor you. I'd be going bonkers! So basically, they screwed up assuming you were going to ovulate and cancelled you and you never even o'ed. <_< :sigh: . Was your E2 up high when you were cancelled? If it was, that IS odd, isn't. I know you are in good hands with Dr.Rowe, but I one who always tends to worry no matter what :rolleyes: .

It's such a great idea to go back to Lorne for your first IVF. It won't hurt, as you say... just the pocketbook a little :icon_wink: . At least you will be realxed when you see how broke you'll be!!! :rofl:

My 2ww is probably over today. My temp dropped way down to 97.6 from 98.1. I'm 13dpo so it's right on time, funny tho, she usually shows the day temp drops but so farn o spotting or anything. Great. She'll make a surprise visit when I least expect it!! :o

So I'm back in the game!! :woohoo: I'll give them a call once AF shows in full force then I get started back on Gonal again. I can't wait, it's the oddest feeling NOT doing anything while TTC. I only feel normal while doing the injections, b/w, u/s, sniffing, etc. I'm an IVF junkie!! ^_^ As sad as I am that AF is coming and it means I'm not pg, I'm excited because I get to start again. It's soooo bitter-sweet.

About Christmas... I'm not doing a family thing this year. I can't do it. I won't be able to hold myself together this year so I just decided not to do it. My immediate family and I will be together, but not dh's family (that's where the babies are). It's definatley putting a wedge between us but it's the only thing that I can do to keep my sanity. I do feel for you. I really do. That is a HORRIBLE time to find out if it worked or not. Awful. But lets keep thinking positively!!!!!!! You could have the BEST Christmas ever! And thats it :icon_exclaim: , don't want to hear another word about it. :P

I think I will start a thread regarding others' feelings about Christmas approaching. It seems we all have some mutual feelings about how we feel. I don't need to know that I'm not alone, but it would help to hear how everyone feels about it. So far it seems everyone I talk to has the same feelings; we are all not looking forward to it. My dh is understanding as much as he can, but maybe if I shared to him some of the other womens feeling and fears and such, he'd get it and realize I'm not selfish or crazy. I think he thinks I am sometimes.

Oh well. :(

What do you think??

#71 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:45 AM

Hey Shawn,

Sorry to hear the temp is dropping... I use to hate that when I was temping <_< but on the other hand, it is nice to know you are back to a fresh start at getting a cycle in with some 'help' instead of the old fashioned way. It is weird, now that I am I am off the bench and in the game again, I feel safer knowing we are giving it our all this cycle instead of just waiting around. I actually feel better when I go to the clinic or talk to the dr and nurses as I feel like we are trying something. I had to wait all year to start this ivf stuff, so I am so ready for everything to get going... even if it doesn't work the first time, I just want to try.

I totally get why you aren't doing the in-law Xmas thing.. it's like we have to protect ourselves from being hurt sometimes... it is just too hard to see babies. I have really become a hermit with alot of my 'mother' friends who have small children/babies. It just breaks my heart too much and I get very depressed, so I learned to take care of myself and not worry if I am being rude by not hanging out with those friends right now.

I just hope I can be strong enough to handle the family thing this year. I am already getting all anxious about it, but I am going to try my best to get through this without having a breakdown!! I have to try and 'stay positive' .
<_< :sigh:

Anyhoo, on another note, when are you expecting to have your lap? In the New Year sometime? I had mine in Aug and was surprised how well it went compared to my ER lap experience at St Pauls last Jan for the ectopic. Much much easier this time....

Good luck with the gonal... I have mine sitting in the fridge waiting to be used! I can't wait, I hope I can get to that stage to be able to shoot up!!

Take care, talk to you later,
andia ;)

fa8uog.gif

#72 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hey Andia,

I have been so busy... sometimes the days just don't slow down enough to sit here on the pc and write :( .

So you have your Gonal waiting for you, hu? I don't think at this time of the year it has to be in the fridge, I think if it's over 25 degrees (in the house then refrigerate it - but if not should be ok... no? Mine is ON my fridge, Ovidrel is IN my fridge :P . Hope you can start soon!! :banana:

My cycle is going ok so far. Seems Dr.W is impressed as I'm not responding too fast or too slow, apparently it's just right. Although I haven't had my u/s yet, so who knows, but as far as E2 goes, it's good. We're keeping our fingers crossed. :crsd:

I keep meaning to schedule my lap when I'm there but I always forget :bang: . If this cycle is a BFN hten I will get it done sometime after. My thinking is if I book now then I don't have to wait as long :icon_question: , and if I get a BFN, then I just cancel!

Glad you understand the whole Christmas thing... I wasn't sleeping and had horrible dreams for about a week before I told dh my fears, finally I told him that I was going to lose it if I had to see the babies this Christmas. He was SO understanding and needless to say, I was SO relieved. He was ok with spending Christmas with my side of the family (all adults - no babies) but we'd go visit everyone on his side of the family individually, mainly his dad and his sister. I feel soooo much better about it all. I know his sister is going to be completely ticked off and she'll say she understands, but we both know that she's going to be angry as she is a VERY family-oriented type person. Then again, so are we, but it's just too much to ask from us at this time.

I hope you and dh are able to "escape" somehow this Christmas. I was able to stay strong and postive last year (and all the years before that) but this year there is no way. I know I can't do it. You are stronger than I am!!! Good for you for giving it all your all right now... but just remember, it IS about you right now :icon_wink: , it IS!!!

As for the UBC Wednesday meeting thing. No, I've never been. My dh isn't much of a talker either, very shy and reserved. He says the other night "What would I say???" and he got all scared and worried. Poor guy. Once he gets talking though, he keeps going and feels comfortable. "Bookworm" suggested that I get him to talk to the other men in the "Men and IVF" Forum, he's ok with that but he just hasn't gotten around to it. We'll see, as much as he'd like to talk to other guys about these things, he's still thinking he's got it all under control. :)

Gotta love 'em!!

So, how are things going with you? A few more weeks on the pill then you're in the game, right?! Yay! I feel completely better shooting up again :rofl: !

I'm going to go see if I can get some blinkies now if I have time.
Take care, hope you're doing well :flowers:
Shawn

#73 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hey again Shawn,

Good to hear things are going well for you so far... that is good news. I hope that the good streak continues for you. :crsd: Ya never know, maybe this will be our last stressful Xmas ever! Wouldn't that be great! :dance:

Well, I hope my Gonal is okay in the fridge :icon_question: ? Sunita was the one who told me to put it there. I looked on the instructions and it says as long as it doesn't go below +2 degrees C or over +25... so I think it's okay... I hope!

I am going to see if my DH would be interested in posting. He is pretty open, so probably would, but yet is not someone to take the time to post much I don't think. We'll see....

Maybe someday we could meet up with each other? I know you guys live out in Delta (right?) but it would be an idea... sometime in the future.... we are all so busy right now, but it would be nice to hang out with another couple and just be able to chat about our IF struggles. I am shy too, so it could be ackward at first. But, it's just a though...

Well, at least we have the internet nowadays!! Could you imagine how hard it was for women 15+ years ago? We'd have to go to the meetings just not to feel normal!

So, I start sniffing on Mon, wish me luck!!

Keep me posted on your progress!!

Chow,
andia

fa8uog.gif

#74 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:15 PM

Hi ladies!

I had my HSG today and you were right - no results. Crap, I really wanted to know. He just said that he needed to read the films first (at Royal Columbian they have digital films, and told me stuff during the test). I'm sure he was looking at something when taking the x-rays but I couldn't see with that big equipment over my chest! He asked about my last HSG so knew there were questions regarding my left tube - I wonder if there is a blockage there, as he took several pics on that side and the whole thing hurt like he$$.

I took a look at the acubalance website and bought the book "The infertility cure" today which is about Traditional Chinese Medicine and accupuncture. I may give Lorne a try! You've mentioned it's expensive - can you give me some idea how much it costs? My concern is that Lorne will tell me to take a TTC break for 3 months while he does his thing - or am I way off base???? Maybe it depends what he thinks is wrong with me.

You know from my previous posts how impatient I am, and that's really not what I want to hear right now. Any thoughts/words of wisdom????

Karen
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40

#75 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear the hsg was painful for you. :ouch: Even though I had a very blocked left tube, mine wasn't painful at all...(luckily for me)

When do you get the results? Hopefully there is no blockage, and if there is hope that there is no fluid (hydrosalpinx) in the tube like I had. Once the hsg confirmed it, I had to have a lap surgery this past summer... Dr R put a clip on it so that the fluid can't leak back into my uterus. Apparently the fluid is toxic to embryos.

If you decide to see Lorne, I doubt he would make you put your ivf or iui treatment on hold. He may prefer to have the 3 months ideally, but I am pretty sure he won't insist on it. I have heard of different women who only started with him when they were starting their ivf cycles... Don't worry at all about that.

That is cool that you bought the book. I think Lorne lends them out to his patients if they want to borrow it. I think I may ask him to borrow it next time I go.

The cost is $75 (for the hour of acupuncture) and the herbs are extra. You won't need the herbs if you are going to a start ivf/iui cycle. They are only given if you are doing the 3 months of treatment before ivf/iui. I suggest you go and meet him and have a consultation appt. He will talk to you and explain everything, and give you a acupuncture session (needles) to show you what it's all about. I find it to be so relaxing, and the needles don't hurt at all... ( I barely feel them).

Good luck with the results of the hsg Karen!! :crsd:

andia

Edited by andia, 10 November 2005 - 11:08 PM.

fa8uog.gif