#1 kiki-

kiki-
  • Global 100+
  • 258 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:50 AM

Hey Ladies,

Everyone has to do it so... What is the best product to use to keep the vjayjay area trim and proper LOL. I wont or cant go to a spa and get it waxed, just to embarassing ( go figure, I am sure every Dr., RE, nurse, technition and intern at the hospital has seen it LMAO) But anyway, Any do it at home products anyone can suggest that actually work without causing the ouchy, burning rash after and that lasts long.
Any suggestions?

me 40 dh 42
TTC 15 yrs
Severe MF/immune issues
IVF/ICSI #1 BFN
FET #1, #2 and #3 all BFN's
IVF/ICSI #2 BFN
IVF/ICSI #3 BFN
Changed Clinics and finally got answers
4th IVF/ICSI ,LIT treatment and 2 IVIG BFN
5th IVF/ICSI LIT, accupuncture, c0q10, pregvit 5, vit E, royal jelly,IVIG

#2 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:photography & reading
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

out my personal experience any at home waxing products do not work! not on the bikini area...with that said - I would say it depends on your hair type - I have lots of it and very strong hairs...

So the only option at home for me is to shave and apply bikini zone right after for razor burn.

second option for me is a Brazilian at a spa for which I was very scared to go but I once I did I fell in love and do it regullary but did notice to many in grown hairs, so now I do one wax session (they say not to shave between sessions) but I do to strenghten my hairs thus avoiding the in growns..so I do maybe a Brazilian once every 2-3 months and then shave in between.

So it all depends what kind of hair you have...but all in all if you do not have wax experience at home you can never use a wax kit at home.

Just to say, waxing is the only option that lasts for a long time, everything else only a few days.

#3 feydruss

feydruss
  • Cyclebase
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:Words. Lots and lots of words. The sun on my face. The smell of my husband's skin. Wearing my pyjamas all day. And chocolate.
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:51 AM

FWIW, last year I decided to get laser hair removal done on my underarms and girlie parts. I left a tiny little tuft/landing strip, because I don't like looking like a 10 year-old. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. It did not hurt at all (only discomfort was brief icing before the laser), and other than a few strays it's all gone now. I feel so much cleaner, more confident, and I don't have to worry about going swimming, razor burn, ingrowns (I used to get a lot of those that were terrible!), or anything.

But before I saw the light and did that, I used a wet/dry electric razor in the shower--the narrower head, the better. It worked fairly well, but I still got lots of ingrowns. But I didn't want to use a depilatory, and the one time I got a bikini wax I thought I would die. So that was my compromise.

3rd cycle was the charm (despite everything going wrong)!
History and details in my profile
Twin boys Milan and Duncan born at 32w4d on 15 November 2010

#4 capo

capo
  • Global 100+
  • 453 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

I wax at home. I have quite a bit of hair and it took some time to get the hang of it. DO NOT put on too much wax at once. Although it might seem like a good idea to get it over with all at once, it just really, really hurts and it's hard to make yourself pull it off and then it cools too much. The colder it gets, the harder it is to get off... you get the picture.

Here's what works for me: I apply a thin layer of the oil included in the box over all the hair. This keeps the wax from staying really stuck to your skin and in the hair you plan on leaving. Then I start from the outside and work my way in by 1/2 inch strips. I then use a mirror to clean up the tender area down lower. The brand I like is Andrea brazilian bikini wax because you don't need muslin strips. I am always red for a few hours afterward, so I make sure to do it the day before the beach at the latest. Good luck!
Me-35, DH - 41
TTC since 2005 - high FSH/low ovarian reserve and endo
Ectopic pregnancy Dec 2006
3 cycles clomid (Ob Gyn) - BFN
TCART
2 IUIs (Letrosol) - BFN
3 IUIS (Menopur & Letrosol) - 1 chemical pg
OFC
IVF#1/ICSI Feb./Mar. 2009 (Puregon & Repronex) 6 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 embies 3dt - BFN
July 20 - Laparoscopy & laser for stage 2 endometriosis, tubes clear
Sept. 2009 - Approved for CAS adoption!!
Create
IVF#2/ICSI Dec. 2009 - natural cycle - BFN
IVF#3 planned for Feb. 2010, but life had better plans:
Jan. 2010 Nicholas is our CAS miracle! Our son is home and we are ecstatic!
April 2010 surprise natural BFP - Allyson was born December 31st 2010!

What a year - we are truly happy and beyond grateful!

#5 capo

capo
  • Global 100+
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

feydruss - Laser is on my list of things to do when I go back to work. It must be so nice to just not have think about it ever!!

123... Go for laser if you can!!
Me-35, DH - 41
TTC since 2005 - high FSH/low ovarian reserve and endo
Ectopic pregnancy Dec 2006
3 cycles clomid (Ob Gyn) - BFN
TCART
2 IUIs (Letrosol) - BFN
3 IUIS (Menopur & Letrosol) - 1 chemical pg
OFC
IVF#1/ICSI Feb./Mar. 2009 (Puregon & Repronex) 6 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 embies 3dt - BFN
July 20 - Laparoscopy & laser for stage 2 endometriosis, tubes clear
Sept. 2009 - Approved for CAS adoption!!
Create
IVF#2/ICSI Dec. 2009 - natural cycle - BFN
IVF#3 planned for Feb. 2010, but life had better plans:
Jan. 2010 Nicholas is our CAS miracle! Our son is home and we are ecstatic!
April 2010 surprise natural BFP - Allyson was born December 31st 2010!

What a year - we are truly happy and beyond grateful!

#6 Luckypenny

Luckypenny
  • Cyclebase
  • 1837 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

I use an epilator (it's electric and looks like rows of tweezers whirling around). It is kind of painful (over time you get desensitized to the pain - well for the most part). I use the epilator for my full legs - lower part, upper part and bikini area. The bikini area at the "front" actually isn't the most painful part. The closer you get to your "genital bits" between your legs, the more sensitive it is. Interestingly, there are parts of my legs that I use the epilator on that are just as sensitive. I got such a rash from shaving that I had to do something else. I don't get too many ingrowns (though sometimes I get more than other times). The effect is similar to waxing (ie. the hair is removed at the root). And you can do touch-ups all the time, you don't have to wait for the hair to grow to a certain length like waxing. Actually, the more frequently you use it the better (hair grows in in three stages. So the thicker/longer the hair is, the more painful).

I have been using the same epilator since I think about my third year of University and I graduated 10 years ago. So it was a great investment. I went for a wax a few times before I started to use an epilator to build up some pain tolerance.

I absolutely cannot use the epilator for my armpits (I tried once when I was still in University and drunk one night. I thought being drunk might make it possible, but nope it still hurt like crazy!).
Me: 35 DH:35
Dx: Unexplained
Started ttc September 2006
November 2007 - Initial consult at LifeQuest
January 2008 - Diagnostic testing.
February 2008 - Test results - No problems with DH. Dr. suspected I had a PCOS variant and that I probably wasn't ovulating. Suggested superovulation (injectibles) with or without IUI
Decided to forgo treatment for the time being and focus on improving my health.
March 2008 - October 2009 - LOTS of alternative therapy. You name it, I tried it!
February 2009 - confirmed via cycle monitoring I was now ovulating and my ovaries both look fine. Officially unexplained IF. Hmmm, now what?
Next Steps: Had initial consult with Dr. Virro at Markham Fertility Centre on October 1, 2009. Hysteroscopy/laproscopy performed on February 5, 2010. Post op appointment on March 8, 2010. Found out one small spot of endo removed from uterus and a very tiny septum resected.
Started BCP on March 31, 2010.
First IVF (first anything!) cycle after.
Last BCP April 20th.
Started stims: April 25 (Puregon - varied from 100iu to 42.5iu, Menopur - 75iu, and orgalutron)
ER date - May 5th.
14 retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized - 4 via IVF, 3 via ICSI
3 days past retrieval - 5 8-cell embryos (3 via IVF, 2 via ICSI), 2 lagging 6-cell embryos (1 via IVF, 1 via ICSI)
ET on May 10, 5day past retrieval - tranferred 1 "superb, could sell it on e-bay" embaby - grade 5AB0! 4 more "lovely" totsicles (2 5day, 2 6day). The ivf embies did better than the icsi embies.
Beta - May 21s: BFP! Beta was 507! Still early days, but we're happy to be pg!
Viability scan - June 11. Baby right on track, heartrate of 140bpm, measuring 7weeks 1day at just over 1cm long. HOWEVER, big cyst in my right ovary. Going back for another u/s in two weeks to monitor the cyst.
U/S to monitor cyst - June 24 - cyst shrank slightly. Baby still measuring on track, 9weeks 1day and just over 2cm long, heartrate of 167bpm
12week u/s - July 12 - cyst had shrank to 2cm. Baby looked like a baby! Moving around and flailing arms and legs. Just over 5.5cm long, heartrate of 160bpm. Nuchal scan and nasal bone both looked good. Doctor's appointment went well.
20 week ultrasound and doctors appointment - baby looks good - its a girl :) Test results from IPS test show a 1 in 20,000 risk of a chromosomal abnormality. Placenta is partially covering cervix, doctor will check again at 32 weeks.
26 week doctors appointment - GD test
30 week doctors appointment - got GD test results, I passed. Baby measuring on track, good strong heartbeat :)
32 week doctors appointment - u/s to check placenta position to see if it has been pulled up from my cervix and also to check baby's size

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#7 KristaA

KristaA
  • 1000+
  • 1494 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

FWIW, last year I decided to get laser hair removal done on my underarms and girlie parts. I left a tiny little tuft/landing strip, because I don't like looking like a 10 year-old. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. It did not hurt at all (only discomfort was brief icing before the laser), and other than a few strays it's all gone now. I feel so much cleaner, more confident, and I don't have to worry about going swimming, razor burn, ingrowns (I used to get a lot of those that were terrible!), or anything.

But before I saw the light and did that, I used a wet/dry electric razor in the shower--the narrower head, the better. It worked fairly well, but I still got lots of ingrowns. But I didn't want to use a depilatory, and the one time I got a bikini wax I thought I would die. So that was my compromise.

How much does it cost and how often do you have to go back for laser treatments?!?! I would LOVE to be able to do that. Shaving is SUCH a pain and the razor burn and ingrown hairs is brutal!

Krista
Me (Krista): 34 DH (Rob): 31 (YES...I'm a cougar!:) )
We have 5 furr-babies (Dusty the pug, Yoda the siamese, and Abbey the orange tabby, Morty the white lionhead rabbit)
TTC: Since April/06
Cause: PCOS and male problems (blockage and antibodies)

Posted Image Posted Image

TTC Miracle #1
06/04/08- IUI #1 BFN
07/04/08- IUI #2 BFP
3/18/09-DS born

Posted Image

TTC Miracle #2
04/18/10-07/15/10 Clomid Cycle IUI's #3, #4, #5, #6 ALL BFN
09/09/10-11/02/10- Puregon Injectible IUI #7, #8, #9 ALL BFN

The next step.......

IVF#1
02/07/011-ER~16 retrieved, 10 fertilized
02/12/2011-ET~5 frosties
02/21/2011-BETA #1~ WOOHOO! 141
02/23/2011-BETA #2~ Whoot whoot....342
02/27/2011-BETA #3~1497 :)
03/16/2011-1st u/s-OMG We're having twins!!!!! U/s showed two little beans bopping around! Twin A hb was 152 and Twin B hb was 166! I'm in shock!!! :)
04/04/2011-u/s Yup, still 2 in there!
04/06/2011-1st OB Appointment
04/28/2011-NT/Fetal Echo~Babies measuring right on track and everything looks good! Twin A HB 159 and Twin B HB 155.
05/04/2011-2nd Prenatal Appointment~All good with babes, my bp is on the rise though.....great here we go again with high bp! :(
06/08/2011-Anatomy Scan & 3rd Prenatal Appointment~ 2 MORE BOYS FOR US!!! :)~Holy DOODLE I'll have my hands full!
06/25/2011-3D u/s! It was AWESOME! Twin A hb 146 and Twin B hb 156. They are DEFINATELY boys! :)
07/13/2011-3rd Prenatal Appointment~ Both boys thriving! Twin A is 1lb9oz w/ hb167 and Twin B is 1lb7oz w/ hb165.
08/10/2011-4th Prenatal Appointment w/ u/s. All good starting to go every 2 weeks now. Twin A is approx. 2lb15oz and Twin B is approx. 3lb3oz.
08/24/2011-5th Prenatal appointment. Uh-oh bp's not so good have to see Dr every week now and she's threatening to put me in the hospital.
08/31/2011- 6th Prenatal appointment. BP's is REALLY bad...starting medication and the threat of hospital still lingers.... :(
09/07/2011-7th Prenatal appointment and u/s. Both babies weighing approx. 4lb6oz and doing GREAT. I've dropped and Dr warned me could be ANYDAY now......Ekkkk.....am I ready?!?!
10/06/2011-(36w4d)Bennett Lloyd Adam and Joshua Ernest Andrew made their appearance at 2:24am and 3:00am. Both weighed 6lbs and 6ozs. They are gorgeous and I'm so in love.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

After years of trying and thousands of $$ spent for our miracle family my husband and I can finally say........SCREW YOU infertility we won and you lost! We have our family that you spent years taunting us with!! How does it feel bitch to be the loser this time!! :)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

#8 HugsALot

HugsALot
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

I did the laser too, cost about $3600 I believe??? (Back in the day before I had to watch my pennies for the kids future LOL!)

#9 Kellyanne

Kellyanne
  • Global 100+
  • 803 posts
  • My Clinic:Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

I would LOVE to get Laser! Iam one of those girls who can shave my girlie bits, and get 5 o'clock shadow just a few hours later...ugh! And from waxing so much when I was younger, it seems asthough I have some sexy bald spots! I too would love to know the cost and how many treatments it took you =]
Me:30 Dh:30
TTC: 5 years
pcos/mfi

2009:
2 injectable iui's
1 ivf
1 fet

2010:
ttc break
Lost 70lbs
June 7th: BFP! holy cow!
June 9th:Beta 84!
June 11th:Beta 228!
June 13th:Beta 531!
June 16th:Beta 1404!
June 17th US:Gestational Sac!
June 22nd: started spotting-beta 10681
Feb 8th:Isaac was born! 8lbs =)

#10 Kellyanne

Kellyanne
  • Global 100+
  • 803 posts
  • My Clinic:Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

$3600?! forget it! haha my husband can put goggles on when he goes diving for that price!
Me:30 Dh:30
TTC: 5 years
pcos/mfi

2009:
2 injectable iui's
1 ivf
1 fet

2010:
ttc break
Lost 70lbs
June 7th: BFP! holy cow!
June 9th:Beta 84!
June 11th:Beta 228!
June 13th:Beta 531!
June 16th:Beta 1404!
June 17th US:Gestational Sac!
June 22nd: started spotting-beta 10681
Feb 8th:Isaac was born! 8lbs =)

#11 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:photography & reading

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

LMAO Kellyanne! I agree! I love the 5 pm shadow one...just hilarious! I am the same way lol

I considered laser recently but it was that or IVF...should I tell you who won!?

#12 KristaA

KristaA
  • 1000+
  • 1494 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

$3600?! forget it! haha my husband can put goggles on when he goes diving for that price!

ROTFLMAO TOO FUNNY!!! I hear ya on the $ AND the 5 o'clock shadow. I personally scratch it up to being German! :th_anana: At least that's what I tell people that German women tend to(but not always~I don't want to offend a fellow German :D )be hairy and butch!

Krista
Me (Krista): 34 DH (Rob): 31 (YES...I'm a cougar!:) )
We have 5 furr-babies (Dusty the pug, Yoda the siamese, and Abbey the orange tabby, Morty the white lionhead rabbit)
TTC: Since April/06
Cause: PCOS and male problems (blockage and antibodies)

Posted Image Posted Image

TTC Miracle #1
06/04/08- IUI #1 BFN
07/04/08- IUI #2 BFP
3/18/09-DS born

Posted Image

TTC Miracle #2
04/18/10-07/15/10 Clomid Cycle IUI's #3, #4, #5, #6 ALL BFN
09/09/10-11/02/10- Puregon Injectible IUI #7, #8, #9 ALL BFN

The next step.......

IVF#1
02/07/011-ER~16 retrieved, 10 fertilized
02/12/2011-ET~5 frosties
02/21/2011-BETA #1~ WOOHOO! 141
02/23/2011-BETA #2~ Whoot whoot....342
02/27/2011-BETA #3~1497 :)
03/16/2011-1st u/s-OMG We're having twins!!!!! U/s showed two little beans bopping around! Twin A hb was 152 and Twin B hb was 166! I'm in shock!!! :)
04/04/2011-u/s Yup, still 2 in there!
04/06/2011-1st OB Appointment
04/28/2011-NT/Fetal Echo~Babies measuring right on track and everything looks good! Twin A HB 159 and Twin B HB 155.
05/04/2011-2nd Prenatal Appointment~All good with babes, my bp is on the rise though.....great here we go again with high bp! :(
06/08/2011-Anatomy Scan & 3rd Prenatal Appointment~ 2 MORE BOYS FOR US!!! :)~Holy DOODLE I'll have my hands full!
06/25/2011-3D u/s! It was AWESOME! Twin A hb 146 and Twin B hb 156. They are DEFINATELY boys! :)
07/13/2011-3rd Prenatal Appointment~ Both boys thriving! Twin A is 1lb9oz w/ hb167 and Twin B is 1lb7oz w/ hb165.
08/10/2011-4th Prenatal Appointment w/ u/s. All good starting to go every 2 weeks now. Twin A is approx. 2lb15oz and Twin B is approx. 3lb3oz.
08/24/2011-5th Prenatal appointment. Uh-oh bp's not so good have to see Dr every week now and she's threatening to put me in the hospital.
08/31/2011- 6th Prenatal appointment. BP's is REALLY bad...starting medication and the threat of hospital still lingers.... :(
09/07/2011-7th Prenatal appointment and u/s. Both babies weighing approx. 4lb6oz and doing GREAT. I've dropped and Dr warned me could be ANYDAY now......Ekkkk.....am I ready?!?!
10/06/2011-(36w4d)Bennett Lloyd Adam and Joshua Ernest Andrew made their appearance at 2:24am and 3:00am. Both weighed 6lbs and 6ozs. They are gorgeous and I'm so in love.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

After years of trying and thousands of $$ spent for our miracle family my husband and I can finally say........SCREW YOU infertility we won and you lost! We have our family that you spent years taunting us with!! How does it feel bitch to be the loser this time!! :)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

#13 silverdollar

silverdollar
  • Cyclebase
  • 3483 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor sports and activities of all types.
    Kids, sewing, photography, cooking, growing stuff in my garden.
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

I love your attitude about DH and the goggles. I went for surgery recently and ended up with the craziest reverse Brazilian bikini line! I think that's the best solution for us at the moment too. Thanks for the chuckle.

Unexplained IF/ DOR. Began TTC in 2008.
After a wild and crazy ride on the treatment train, our baby GIRL arrived on Jan 6, 2012
Hold on.... Surprise spontaneous just 7 months postpartum while still breastfeeding!!! Baby boy born May 2, 2013
My heart couldn't be more full :)

Full details are now in my profile "About Me" page

#14 kiki-

kiki-
  • Global 100+
  • 258 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

holy $3600, yeah, i am a dark haired european, so very hairy too LOL :D . Thanks for suggestions girls and the laughs. I know its something we all have to think about and do.

me 40 dh 42
TTC 15 yrs
Severe MF/immune issues
IVF/ICSI #1 BFN
FET #1, #2 and #3 all BFN's
IVF/ICSI #2 BFN
IVF/ICSI #3 BFN
Changed Clinics and finally got answers
4th IVF/ICSI ,LIT treatment and 2 IVIG BFN
5th IVF/ICSI LIT, accupuncture, c0q10, pregvit 5, vit E, royal jelly,IVIG

#15 NicksBride

NicksBride
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:ARTUS

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

I have always used Nair on my nether reason when we go on vacation or during the summer. But recently my Mom got me laser hair removal for my underarms for Christmas. I love it so much I will be getting most of my "down there" done, just not so much I look pre pubescent. I can't wait. I can handle shaving my legs, but not having to worry about my armpits and other places will be so awesome and such a good investment when you take into consideration the cost of waxing, razors, and Nair during a lifetime.
Bilateral Oophorectomy in 2005
Married in 2009
Found Egg Donor for IVF - hoping everything works out
Should start Fall 2011
Egg Donor decided not to participate
Back to the drawing board - Overseas Egg Donor?