• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#51 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

Someone asked awhile ago about Jodi Picoult's book "Vanishing Acts" and IMO it is her best story. So far anyway. And I also agree about her being stuck with a formula.

I just finished reading "a million little pieces" and had mixed feelings about it (none of which involved the controversy about whether it was an autobiography or not). I liked that he challenged 12 step programmes and it worked for him so to speak - hated the grammar. I found it kinda hard to real because lines were repeated over and over again without any punctuation. I know it was likely for effect but it made me crazy.

Sarah's key. the book of negroes, the guernsey literary club and potato peelwhatsit (sorry! Don't remember exactly what it was called!) and water for elephants, I also enjoyed.

Did not enjoy 3 cups of tea as a leisurely read. Felt like I was back in school again! lol!

So many great suggestions of books for me to check out! Thanks ladies...

Some of the other ones I have read and really enjoyed (that haven't been mentioned yet):

Pope Joan. It's set in the 13th century (I think) about a girl who becomes pope by disguising herself as a boy. Sounds contrived but didn't really read that way. I would recommend it.

The true and outrageous adventures of the Hunt sisters by Elizabeth Robinson.

Slumdog Millionnaire (was originally called something else) but the book is so much better than the movie...and more based in reality, imo!

Thanks again for the suggestions ladies...haven't had much time lately to read but definitely some picks to add to the list! Yay!
TTC for 9+ years

#52 chocolatelover

chocolatelover
  • Global 100+
  • 267 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

Glad some people are posting again on here :)

I've heard great things about Forgotten Garden and Sarah's Key, and would love to read them! I just finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and enjoyed it. It wasn't fantastic, but it really took awhile to get into the book. I think it was only until after 200 pages or so did things pick up. I haven't started the next book in the series yet though.

Right now I'm reading an older book - The Pilot's Wife. I'm about half way into it and it's pretty good. A quick read.

The next few books I have on my list to read: Secret Daughter, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Help and Twenties Girl (for a nice light read). Although, there are still so many others on my list to read I just can't find the time!
Me: 33 DH: 33
Dx: Azoospermia due to CBAVD

IVF w/ICSI #1 - Apr/May 2010
May 8/10 - ER!! DH's PESA - 12 eggs retrieved, lots of swimmers found!!
May 13/10 - ET!! 5dt of 2 blasts!! Only 1 lonely frostie.
May 27/10 - 14dp5dt +hpt - BETA #1 results: 1,098....BFP!!!
May 31/10 - Beta #2 RESULTS: 3,840
June 10/10 - 1st u/s shows one little bean - h/b 122bpm
July 19/10 - NT Scan appt. went great - h/b 159 bpm
Sept 2/10 - Anatomy scan - baby looks great! H/B 160 bpm
Our Daughter was born on Jan 27, 2011 at 6lbs 7oz!!! Soooo in love!

FET #1 - Feb 2012
Feb 17/12 - FET Transfer - one 5 day blast transferred
Feb 23/12 - POAS...BFP!!
Feb 29/12 - POAS...BFP!!
Mar 2/10 - Beta #1 RESULTS: 1190
Mar 5/10 - Beta #2 RESULTS: 4510

#53 sweetdreams

sweetdreams
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

Chocolatelover: I loved The Help and Secret Daughter.

Chelle: I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who is having a hard time with Three Cups of Tea. Everyone I talked to said that they loved it and I am such a hard time getting through it (although it started getting better than it was at the beginning).

#54 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

Chocolatelover: I felt the same way about "the girl with the dragon tattoo". think it might be because it was translated from Swedish (or Dutch....some other language) and that, in that, there is something about the "feel" missing. It was alright.

sweetdreams: Thanks for that...I was a little worried! ...I posted my feelings about Three Cups of Tea because everyone raved about it to me too! I, seriously, felt like I had to MAKE myself finish the book - wasn't drawn in at all! Think that the work Greg does is AMAZING but...kinda a boring read. Sorry if that offends anyone...I am speaking from a totally selfish place. It's all about me and how little free time I have, I guess! lol!

To those who have kindles or iPad or whatever other electronic book-thingies: I have a question...reading at the computer hurts my eyes sometimes. Do any of you find the backlight a problem? I would love some feedback 'cause I might like to start saving for one (or drop serious hints for Christmas!!!) Thanks for any info you can provide. Also, are the books any cheaper since the distributors are saving paper and ink costs or is the cost the same? Just curious...
TTC for 9+ years

#55 sohopeful

sohopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

chocolatelover-after you mentioning that it took 200 pages before the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo got good I don't think I'll be buying it LOL. Twenties Girl was a fun, very fluffy read, though I enjoyed the shopaholic books more.

Chelle-your questions about "book-thingies" are all the questions I have too, I hope someone answers them. I also was thinking ahead for Christmas :)

Angels by Colleen McCullough was good. I finally read The Thorn Birds last year and loved it, so I went to the library to see if I would enjoy any novels that she had written more recently.

The one good thing about fall arriving is that I will get more reading done again!
April 2010 IVF with ICSI #1
Me 29 DH 39
03/20- started BCP
04/01- started meds
04/29- ER 11 eggs retrieved
04/30- 11 eggs mature & fertilized
05/01- 10 embryos
05/04- 5dt of 1 blastocyst. 4 frosties.
05/11- BFP on HPT!!!!!
05/14-BETA #1 65
m/c at 5 1/2 wks.

June/July 2010 FET #1
07/12- ET of 1 blast. Still have 3 frosties waiting
07/22- beta - BFN :(

July/August FET # 2
08/16 - ET of 2 blasts. Still have 1 more frostie.
08/27 - beta 11dp5dt 281
08/30 - beta 14dp5dt 1185
09/01 - beta 16dp5dt 2552
09/13 - u/s - 1 heartbeat
11/26 - u/s - We are having a BOY!!!
EDD May 4, 2011
Baby boy born April 30, 2011 @ 1:14am. 7 lb 8 oz.

#56 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:photography & reading

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:23 AM

I haven't visited this post for a while since no one was posting I come back and TA_DA!!! Thank you for all the suggestions! I love fictional historical books :)
I was really slow for reading this summer, I guess I was spening too much time outdoors...the winter is here so it will pick up I am sure :)

For those who like historical fiction, a very light read is by Michelle Moran, her three books:
Nefertiti
The Heretic Queen and
Cleopatra's daugther.

This may sound stupid but Jo Graham's Black Ships, Hand of Isis and Stealing Fire are nice historic, romance novels! a nice beach read for sure!

I read the first two of both authors and the the third is in my bookshelf waiting the turn to be read :)

I love egyptian history - if you haven't noticed so far :)

I have the Help and Secret Daugther also waiting to be read (we seem to enjoy the same books - all of us!)

Three Cups did not really draw me in to read it, so I never picked it up, now I don't think I will.

I started readin The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo but after few pages gave up and decided that it was not a good time to read it, I might pick it up later on...

Right now reading my new favorite Ken Follet and an oldie The Man from St. Petersburg, excellent read so far...

While I am at Ken - Did anyone read the Pillars of the Earth and then watch the show?? It was the best interpretation of a book into a show/movie I have ever seen!!!! Just amazing!

#57 sweetdreams

sweetdreams
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

Chelle: I have a Kobo and I love it! There is no back light or reflection to it (it's not the same as a monitor. It uses e-ink technology which makes it look like reading a paperback) and it seriously looks like paper when you read. If you get a chance to go into a Chapters or Indigo store they have them on display so you can check it out and see how you find them.

It's really interesting to see that a lot of us are enjoying the same kind of reads. :)

#58 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

sweetdreams: didn't know such a thing existed so thanks - I will definitely have to check that out. Is the price point similar out of curiosity?
TTC for 9+ years

#59 kookacola

kookacola
  • Global 100+
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:4x4ing, camping, music, reading romance books, swinning, spending time with my husband and daughter
  • Dx:Other

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

I just finished the book "Babyville" by Jane Green and wow was is boring and kinda slow:( I'm just glad I finally read it:) Now I'm reading a book called Fire Sale, Just started reading it so don't really know how it's going to be yet.
married since 1996. '98 went to first ob and given clomid and written off at the door. '99 went to second ob and he did a lap and said if we weren't pg in 6 months referral to RFP. '00 went to RFP and re said she couldn't explain why we couldn't get pg but didn't investigate ether. '03 natural bfp and had m/c at 12 weeks. '04 went to another ob who was an re. he did iui, testing. '05 iui with letrazole-bfn. '06 iui and clomid and cancelled cycle and went in for surgery. Lap and hysteroscopy. did iui and injections and bfn. Referred to RFP again because re got us as far as he could and re said I had high fsh, lh and pof and pcos and endo, also suggested egg donation. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have dd. went to RFP and were told ivf was not a good idea because I respond poorly to meds. ok, let's move onto d/e. Couldn't do d/e until we had a failed cycle under out belts with my eggs. '07 did ivf with my eggs, retrived 3 and 1 made it to transfer- chemical. So moved onto d/e. '09 went back to RFP again for the orientation and consult for d/e and cycled in April '09- 13 eggs retrieved and 4 made it to day 3. Two transferred and bgp with dd. Dd born on 01/01/10!!!! Were crown the New Years Baby!!!! '14 came back for consult and did fet in Nov which was a bfn sad.png we're out of embies and options. Meet re/ob in '15 to discuss options. Considering adoption.

#60 sweetdreams

sweetdreams
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

sweetdreams: didn't know such a thing existed so thanks - I will definitely have to check that out. Is the price point similar out of curiosity?

Chelle: Most e-readers use the e-ink technology, making the screen look like paper. In Canada, the ones I know that are available are: The Kindle from www.amazon.ca (however you can only get books for it from Amazon and the books cannot be read on non-Kindle devices), The Sony E-Reader and the Kobo http://www.chapters....ega:koboPromo:1 .

I hope this helps.

#61 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

Oh for some reason my DH assumed I wanted an iPad since they have that capability so...I am technologically impaired a bit, I guess!!!!

Thanks for the info...guess I have some researching to do to see what I want, huh?
TTC for 9+ years

#62 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

As far as I know - Kobo costs about $130 plus tax, sometimes they have it on special, the books go anywhere from $8 depending on the boo..not sure how you buy and download the books lol

I like my paper books, and DH wants to make me a library in the basement family room, so I feel bad buying the Kobo now :(

#63 sweetdreams

sweetdreams
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

I saw the Kobo on sale in the Walmart flyer this week. I think it was $119 if I remember right.

I finished Three Cups of Tea and although I had a hard time getting into it and finishing it, I enjoyed reading it. It is amazing what he managed to accomplish.

#64 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Dixie: If my house were bigger I would love to have a library. As it is I have to be content just keeping hard copies of my very fave books. I read so much that it would be impossible to keep them all, even 90% of them. It's a bit of a bummer. With the kobo, can you share the book files like you could a proper book? Just curious...don't really know so much about them. Haven't dedicated myself to a proper research either (obviously!).

Have read Pillars but did not see the show. Will look for it in reruns now that it has the thumbs up from you...Thanks for the input.

sweetdreams - glad you enjoyed three cups of tea. I agree he accomplished some pretty amazing things but I kinda wish I hadn't read it. Made me feel guilty for all the frivolous things I do/have purchased.
TTC for 9+ years

#65 sohopeful

sohopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

Last week I finished The Forgotten Garden. I loved it! Historical fiction mixed with present day. I like it when a book shows how the decisions that a family member made in a previous generation affect the current generation. Especially when it follows the story of Grandmother/mother/daughter. I am going to look for other books by Kate Morton to read. I'm just waiting for this dreaded morning sickness to pass so I can make a trip to Chapters :)
Me 29 DH 39
03/20- started BCP
04/01- started meds
05/01- 10 embryos
05/11- BFP on HPT!!!!!
05/14-BETA #1 65
m/c at 5 1/2 wks.

June/July 2010 FET #1

July/August FET # 2
08/27 - beta 11dp5dt 281
EDD May 4, 2011

#66 kookacola

kookacola
  • Global 100+
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:4x4ing, camping, music, reading romance books, swinning, spending time with my husband and daughter
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

I'm done that boring book Babyville and now started a new book called Fire sale, So far this book is pretty good;)
married since 1996. '98 went to first ob and given clomid and written off at the door. '99 went to second ob and he did a lap and said if we weren't pg in 6 months referral to RFP. '00 went to RFP and re said she couldn't explain why we couldn't get pg but didn't investigate ether. '03 natural bfp and had m/c at 12 weeks. '04 went to another ob who was an re. he did iui, testing. '05 iui with letrazole-bfn. '06 iui and clomid and cancelled cycle and went in for surgery. Lap and hysteroscopy. did iui and injections and bfn. Referred to RFP again because re got us as far as he could and re said I had high fsh, lh and pof and pcos and endo, also suggested egg donation. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have dd. went to RFP and were told ivf was not a good idea because I respond poorly to meds. ok, let's move onto d/e. Couldn't do d/e until we had a failed cycle under out belts with my eggs. '07 did ivf with my eggs, retrived 3 and 1 made it to transfer- chemical. So moved onto d/e. '09 went back to RFP again for the orientation and consult for d/e and cycled in April '09- 13 eggs retrieved and 4 made it to day 3. Two transferred and bgp with dd. Dd born on 01/01/10!!!! Were crown the New Years Baby!!!! '14 came back for consult and did fet in Nov which was a bfn sad.png we're out of embies and options. Meet re/ob in '15 to discuss options. Considering adoption.

#67 chocolatelover

chocolatelover
  • Global 100+
  • 267 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Has anyone read "Room"? I just started it...was curious for other reviews.
Me: 33 DH: 33
Dx: Azoospermia due to CBAVD

IVF w/ICSI #1 - Apr/May 2010
May 8/10 - ER!! DH's PESA - 12 eggs retrieved, lots of swimmers found!!
May 13/10 - ET!! 5dt of 2 blasts!! Only 1 lonely frostie.
May 27/10 - 14dp5dt +hpt - BETA #1 results: 1,098....BFP!!!
May 31/10 - Beta #2 RESULTS: 3,840
June 10/10 - 1st u/s shows one little bean - h/b 122bpm
July 19/10 - NT Scan appt. went great - h/b 159 bpm
Sept 2/10 - Anatomy scan - baby looks great! H/B 160 bpm
Our Daughter was born on Jan 27, 2011 at 6lbs 7oz!!! Soooo in love!

FET #1 - Feb 2012
Feb 17/12 - FET Transfer - one 5 day blast transferred
Feb 23/12 - POAS...BFP!!
Feb 29/12 - POAS...BFP!!
Mar 2/10 - Beta #1 RESULTS: 1190
Mar 5/10 - Beta #2 RESULTS: 4510

#68 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

chocolatelover - Room is on my wish list, I haven't read it yet..how did you find it??

Just finished World without the End by Ken Follet and it is nothing but amazing!!! I really lokk forward to reading his new trilogy Fall of the Giants :))

Next read: Secret Daugther

#69 sohopeful

sohopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

Dixie-I am reading Secret Daughter right now. Word of warning, it mentions miscarriages, infertility and A LOT of sadness. I started crying just in the first chapter. I found it very emotional. I am halfway through now, and it is a well-written book and very interesting, but I would not have wanted to read it while doing an IVF cycle or after my miscarriage.

I did end up reading another of Kate Morton's books, called The House at Riverton. It wasn't as good as The Forgotten Garden, but it was good.

I'm also reading Bryce Courtenay's Fishing For Stars, but I am sort of wading through it. I need to go book shopping again :)
Me 29 DH 39
03/20- started BCP
04/01- started meds
05/01- 10 embryos
05/11- BFP on HPT!!!!!
05/14-BETA #1 65
m/c at 5 1/2 wks.

June/July 2010 FET #1

July/August FET # 2
08/27 - beta 11dp5dt 281
EDD May 4, 2011

#70 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

Secret Daughter finished - O my - Don't even know what to say... I was never considering adoption in my journey and after reading this book I won't even think about it anymore...it's a very depressing book from the start with the woman strugling with infertility to the description of poverty in India...it was just so sad!

Reading now, Pirate's Daughter,it's set in Jamaica, love story with a twist ;) lol very intersting up to now!

#71 sohopeful

sohopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

Sweetdreams-thanks for the suggestion of "The Help". I LOVED it. What a well written story.

My husband surprised me with an ereader for Christmas, I had been waffling back and forth for a couple months about them. He chose the new Sony ereader. I can't believe how much I am enjoying it!! It really is very easy to read and I still feel like I'm curling up with a book (I thought that feeling wouldn't be there without an actual book in my hands). It is so easy to download off of the Sony website and I've also tried google books. A very cool feature is being able to "go" to my local library and loan out books from the comfort of home and not having to make the drive back to the library to do returns :) Now I am just looking for a website where I can download some books for free (other than public domain books because I know Google books is the best for that), any ideas ladies??

Hope all the booklovers out there got some great novels for Christmas and that you have had some time to curl up and read them this holiday season :)
Me 29 DH 39
03/20- started BCP
04/01- started meds
05/01- 10 embryos
05/11- BFP on HPT!!!!!
05/14-BETA #1 65
m/c at 5 1/2 wks.

June/July 2010 FET #1

July/August FET # 2
08/27 - beta 11dp5dt 281
EDD May 4, 2011

#72 Zeukko

Zeukko
  • Cyclebase
  • 396 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hi there. I'm a newbie on this forum and am an avid book reader.

chocolatelover: I read Room a while back and really enjoyed it. At first it was difficult for me to get into it because the narrator is a 5 year old boy and it's written in his voice. Once I got used to it, I was engrossed in the novel. Quite disturbing though. A little slow paced but what can one expect? It takes place in a room.

I just finished the Chaos Walking series. Loved it. It's a young adult series, kind of in the same vein as The Hunger Games series which I loved. I read these books, not only for pleasure, but also so that I can recommend them to my students. A student of mine lent me her "the perks of being a wallflower". I hope to have that read before I go back to work.

On my bedside table right now is The Secret Garden. I've only heard wonderful things so I'm looking forward to tackling that. As well, I've got Little Bee, The Shack, Mister Pip, and The White Tiger. I have to stop buying books! It's one of my addictions.
Me:42 and DH: 44
Married since 2004
Two amazing furbabies
TTC since Feb 2009
Sept-Dec 2010: Clomid + 5 IUIs = BFN :(
March 2011- IVF/ICSI#1: antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
22 follicles; 14 eggs; 11 fertilized; 2 transferred; 1 snowbaby
FET #1 May 2011- 1 grade 2 blastocyst = BFN
August 2011 - IVF #2:antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
21 follicles; 12 eggs; 10 fertilized; 3 transferred; 5 3d embryos frozen
FET #2 Oct 2011 = BFN FET#3 July 2012 = BFP @ Genesis Fertility Clinic Beta #1= 41 (gulp); Beta #2= 47 (ugh) = Chemical pregnancy
February 2013 - IVF #3 = BFP - Estrace, Menopur, Puregon, Orgalutron, Endometrin - Retrieved 14 egg, 11 mature, 9 fertilized. Transferred 2 blastocysts. 1 blastocyst snow babyBeta#1: 45 (uh oh)Beta#2: 555 (what?! Wow!)
Beta #3000+.
U/S shows not viable pregnancy. Stopped growing at 5w5days.

July 1st: Natural BFP on HPT - First Beta in the 400s; Second Beta dropped to 200s

April 2014: Single embryo transfer = BFN

Looking into adoption.

#73 sweetdreams

sweetdreams
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

Sohopeful: I am glad you enjoyed The Help. It's one of my favourites. I think it was really well written and the story is good too. Enjoy your new ereader. I really like mine.

Zeuko: Welcome! :wavey: I really enjoyed The Secret Garden and just bought The House at Riverton. I hear you about all the books. I buy them constantly too especially as the e-books are so easy to put on the e-reader. I have a lot of books to catch up on and I keep saying that I have to stop getting new ones, but it's so hard.

I am currently reading Barefoot. It's pretty good so far but a light read although with a lot of sadness (cancer, failed IVFs etc). The next book I will read is One Day.
Anyone read the Hunger Games series? I heard good things about them and I picked up the 3 boxed set from Costco, but it will have to wait a bit as I have a few books lined up to read before I get to this series.

#74 Zeukko

Zeukko
  • Cyclebase
  • 396 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Anyone read the Hunger Games series? I heard good things about them and I picked up the 3 boxed set from Costco, but it will have to wait a bit as I have a few books lined up to read before I get to this series.

I really enjoyed The Hunger Games series. Devoured the books in two weeks. Book two was my favourite. I even got a reluctant reader in my class to read the series and he really liked it too.
Me:42 and DH: 44
Married since 2004
Two amazing furbabies
TTC since Feb 2009
Sept-Dec 2010: Clomid + 5 IUIs = BFN :(
March 2011- IVF/ICSI#1: antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
22 follicles; 14 eggs; 11 fertilized; 2 transferred; 1 snowbaby
FET #1 May 2011- 1 grade 2 blastocyst = BFN
August 2011 - IVF #2:antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
21 follicles; 12 eggs; 10 fertilized; 3 transferred; 5 3d embryos frozen
FET #2 Oct 2011 = BFN FET#3 July 2012 = BFP @ Genesis Fertility Clinic Beta #1= 41 (gulp); Beta #2= 47 (ugh) = Chemical pregnancy
February 2013 - IVF #3 = BFP - Estrace, Menopur, Puregon, Orgalutron, Endometrin - Retrieved 14 egg, 11 mature, 9 fertilized. Transferred 2 blastocysts. 1 blastocyst snow babyBeta#1: 45 (uh oh)Beta#2: 555 (what?! Wow!)
Beta #3000+.
U/S shows not viable pregnancy. Stopped growing at 5w5days.

July 1st: Natural BFP on HPT - First Beta in the 400s; Second Beta dropped to 200s

April 2014: Single embryo transfer = BFN

Looking into adoption.

#75 E&Eontheway

E&Eontheway
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Spanish Lessons, Floor Hockey, My Dogs (dog park), Gardening, Enjoying the Outdoors
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

I just finished reading Jodi Picoult's newsest book, "House Rules" and it was so good! It is about a boy named Jacob with Asperger's syndrome who is very focused on CSI and forensics. He goes to crime scenes and helps the police solve cases. Then there is a murder in town and they believe he did it. The book gives an amzing insight into how someone with Asperger's views the world and how they think. I highly recommend it.

I just finished this book too! It certainly gives a new perspective on patient parenting! I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it as well!