• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 herestohoping

herestohoping
  • 59 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:24 PM

I was a poor responder to the Flare protocal with a low folicle count. Donor eggs have been mentioned as an option to me, even though I am only 35. this is something that my husband and i are considering. my cousin's partner (age 41) and her sister (age 35) have each offered to be egg donors for us. It is so incredibly generous of them and we are very touched. Neither have been pregnant, or undergone any fertility testing. Are they too old to be considered viable options for us?
I am so grateful for this site. Thanks for much for the feedback.

RJ

#2 Dr. Sai Ma

Dr. Sai Ma
  • 416 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

I was a poor responder to the Flare protocal with a low folicle count. Donor eggs have been mentioned as an option to me, even though I am only 35. this is something that my husband and i are considering. my cousin's partner (age 41) and her sister (age 35) have each offered to be egg donors for us. It is so incredibly generous of them and we are very touched. Neither have been pregnant, or undergone any fertility testing. Are they too old to be considered viable options for us?
I am so grateful for this site. Thanks for much for the feedback.

RJ

Egg donors must be a certain age, usually 20-30, and be no more than 35 in some centers. The reason for that is that younger donors provide higher chances for pregnancy in recipients. To me, age 35 may be better than age 41, but the donor has to be screened for the ovarian reserve and other factors prior to egg retrival.

Good luck,
Sai
Are you an IVF-ICSI patient (of any clinic)? You're invited to join a study of genetic outcomes in pregnancies conceived by In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) with Dr Sai Ma, PhD.

#3 kookacola

kookacola
  • Global 100+
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:4x4ing, camping, music, reading romance books, swinning, spending time with my husband and daughter
  • Dx:Other

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

I was sucessful with en egg donar and she was 34:) I have a beautifu dd:) it is very much an amazing gift:) Feel free to pm me:)

Dr. Ma, what are the chances of sucess of a pregnancy with frozen embryos from our donar cycle? We're thinking of hopefully going through an fet in the new year. We only have 2 embryos left:(
married since 1996. '98 went to first ob and given clomid and written off at the door. '99 went to second ob and he did a lap and said if we weren't pg in 6 months referral to RFP. '00 went to RFP and re said she couldn't explain why we couldn't get pg but didn't investigate ether. '03 natural bfp and had m/c at 12 weeks. '04 went to another ob who was an re. he did iui, testing. '05 iui with letrazole-bfn. '06 iui and clomid and cancelled cycle and went in for surgery. Lap and hysteroscopy. did iui and injections and bfn. Referred to RFP again because re got us as far as he could and re said I had high fsh, lh and pof and pcos and endo, also suggested egg donation. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have dd. went to RFP and were told ivf was not a good idea because I respond poorly to meds. ok, let's move onto d/e. Couldn't do d/e until we had a failed cycle under out belts with my eggs. '07 did ivf with my eggs, retrived 3 and 1 made it to transfer- chemical. So moved onto d/e. '09 went back to RFP again for the orientation and consult for d/e and cycled in April '09- 13 eggs retrieved and 4 made it to day 3. Two transferred and bgp with dd. Dd born on 01/01/10!!!! Were crown the New Years Baby!!!! '14 came back for consult and did fet in Nov which was a bfn sad.png we're out of embies and options. Meet re/ob in '15 to discuss options. Considering adoption.