Looking for opinions on DR Sher at SIRM - US South and Southeast - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Looking for opinions on DR Sher at SIRM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Juno

Juno
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

Anybody has experience with Dr Sher at Las Vegas SIRM clinic? I appreciate all the reviews.

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hello Juno,

I am just stumbling across this thread. Not sure if you got an answer to your question, or if you have had a chance to talk to Dr. Sher or not. A friend of mine did 2 cycles with him and has nothing but good things to say about Dr. Sher and his clinic(s). She did 2 cycles there after multiple failed cycles in Canada.

There's also a thread about him on this site: https://ivf.ca/forums...__1#entry235452

All the best to you.

#3 hopeful123

hopeful123
  • Global Moderators
  • 4938 posts
  • Interests:golf,ski,scrap booking ,gardning ,rollerblading
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:sirm

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

hi juno
i went to dr sher in 2007 and had a fresh cycle , i went there because i knew what our problem was (polysomies) and only they were testing the embryos for that
my experience was great
they assign you a case manager who will stay connected with you entire cycle ,you can email or call her and get a fast reply
you can also book a phone consultation with dr sher when ever needed
except for one miss communication rest went well and i have a son
good luck
sam
me:33 ,dh:30
ttc:8y
3 natural m/c dec 99, mar 01,oct 07
clomid x1 -ohss
lap x 1 apr/05-endomet left tube blocked,half of left ovary resected
1st ivf cycle nov/05 developed mild ohss again
DEC 2ND/05 BFP u/s small sac slow heart beat small fetus misscariage at 9 weeks 1 day
fet may 06 -cancelled due to very rare -sub acute viral thyroiditis
fet oct 20-bfp ,beta 700 on nov 1 ,1700 on nov 3,3900 on nov 5 u/s 2 small sacs ,slow heart beat small fetuses m/c nov 23/06 ,day of our 9th wedding annivrsay
1 blast still frozen
IVF#2 july 07 7 BLASTS FROZEN 2 normal 2 have trisomies 3 not tested less than 6 cell on day 3 fet oct 25/07,transferred 2 instead of one ...oops
1st beta nov 2 bfp (again) 23,2nd beta 83 ,3rd beta 371 u/s nov 21 hb 118 bpm
beautiful baby boy Nayal born via planned c-section on july 3rd 2008 @ 12:35 pm

#4 sheba

sheba
  • Global 100+
  • 221 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hi there,
Just add my two cents, I haven't cycled with Dr. Sher however we completed a phone consult. Much like what someone else mentioned, the clinic was super organized, very good at communicating and handled all the logistics well. I was very impressed at Dr. Sher's breadth of knowledge and extensive experience in the field, however he was a bit over bearing at times...He is definitely a good business man, because he knows how to sell his services...Ultimately, it was a very valuable consult for us and that man definitley knows his stuff! If our next cycle does not work, I will be travelling to Las Vegas to cycle with Dr. Sher because of the CGH (comparative genomic hybridization) procedure they offer...
TTC#1 since January 2005
6 IUIs- BFN
IVF 1(one day 3 embyro)-BFN
FET 1 (three day 3 embryos)- BFN
IVF 2 (two day 3 embryos)-BFN
IVF 3 (three day 5 blasts)- BFN
FET 2 (two day 5 blasts)- BFN
IVF 4 (two day 5 blasts) with LIT, IVIg- BFP!!!!
Beta 12dp5dt- 930!!
April 20/11 viability scan- TWINS!! Heart rates of 154 and 143!!
October 21/11- welcome baby girl and baby boy!!

#5 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:14 AM

Did any of you try CGH with Dr. Sher & if you have any comments/recommendations to share about CGH it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#6 AnnieT

AnnieT
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Travel, music, gardening, cooking, renovating homes, DH & our dog Max
    Uninterested in Gonal F, Puregon, Repronex, Lupron, Estrace, endometrial biopsies, seeing yet another ultrasound on Facebook
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Life Quest (had been at IVF Canada)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

We're consulting with Dr Sher & DH & I agreed that if we do cycle with him, we will do day 5 CGH with embryo banking. We had day 3 CGH on the last round with our current RE & had 2 lovely blasts for transfer. As usual they didn't take, so Dr S has ordered more testing (immune). We get the results on 24 May & then will decide whether or not we're going to cycle again. Did Dr S go over the difference with you between day 3 and day 5 CGH? Sounded to me like he is a proponent of day 5 since they can extract a lot more DNA without harming the embryo & get more accurate results than on day 3.
Me 41, DH 37
TTC - spring 2005
RE Consult spring 2006, testing throughout 2006
3 IUIs (clomide + injectables) spring & summer 2007
IVF/ICSI # 1 Feb/Mar 2008, OHSS, 12 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 3 transferred on day 3, AF within 5 days, 2 frosties
FET #1 June 2008 transferred both frosties, AF within 7 days
Spring 2008 started acupuncture 2 x weekly
Dec 2008 - more TCM - changed diet - eliminated gluten, dairy, caffeine & alcohol
IVF/ICSI # 2 Sept/Oct 2009, OHSS again, 17 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 transferred on day 3, AF within 12 days, 3 frosties - quality was far better than on first attempt
Nov 2009 - another consult with RE & referral to another clinic for additional testing
May 2010 - all results normal
FET # 2 July/Aug 2010 - 3 transferred
Aug 16, 2010 - BFN - First time I have made it without AF before Beta
Officially changed clinics
March 2011 - antagonist cycle, 8 embies, PGD results in 2 perfect blasts transferred. BFN 13 April. WTF is wrong with me???