- - - - -

Anybody done IUI or IVF at Conceptia?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:45 AM

We've been TTC for almost 3 years, and last week my OB/GYN decided it's time for us to move to a fertility clinic. He mentioned AART in Halifax first but since it's furhter away we chose to go with Conceptia in Moncton. Conceptia told me I should have initial consultation within a month.

Anybody have any experience with this clinic? I imagine our first step will be IUI. I've been on Clomid for 10 months now, so injectables will probably be in my future as well.

GL to all!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:57 PM

I just got transferred from AART to Conceptia. I expect my first appointment will be in the next week or so since I am mid cycle. I will let you know how it goes. Good luck to both of us.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

I had my first appointment yesterday and I am thrilled with Conceptia. It is 2.5 hours from our home in Nova Scotia but well worth the drive.

They are caring and friendly and are willing to answer any question you have. I was surprised to actually get to meet and discuss our case with two of the Dr's on our first visit.

I am on Suprefact now and will go back on 24 June for another check and then injections start...

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

That's GREAT! I'm so happy you like them. My appointment is set-up for Aug. 17 (3 years to the day we started trying for a baby). Keep me updated and many wishes for the BEST of LUCK! :dance:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

I am almost done my 2 ww. Friday is the pregnancy test. I did a home test today and it showed positive !!!!!!! I hope that will be the same on Friday. I can't say enough about Conceptia, they don't treat you like a number, they really care about me and are so positive !

I had 3 embies put in so here's hoping....The clinic even gave us a pictures of the three embies and an ultasound showing three tiny dots in my uterus.

You must be getting really excited, just one more month to wait ! I thought giving myself the shots would be horrible but they really wern't bad. Especially because I kept the big picture in mind.

Fingers, toes and legs crossed for both of us !!

Carina

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:37 PM

My blood test was on Friday at it is positive !!!!!!!!! Everything worked out so well with Conceptia and to top it off our dream has come true. I turned 40 in January and this is our first child.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

Woooo hoooo!!! Congrats!! I'm so excited for you and happy that Conceptia made your miracle happen! Wishing you the BEST 9 months ever! :)

#8 sweetbee

sweetbee
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:CREATE/local Endocrinologist/RE

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

Hi
Carina wohooooooo, congrats, now pass some of that around!! :D :D
I have been with teh Conceptia Clinic for almost a year. In the process of my first Injectable IUI. I am so excited to finally be getting somewhere. I have attempted iui-unmedicated, and medicated with clomid, but I have not been able to ovulate on just the clomid. So I am taking Suprefact right now, and I start the Gonal F on Oct 13th. come on little eggies :eggchick:
I absolutely love Dr Robichaud (he will make you feel so comfortable and is so supportive. The staff right from Sylvie the receptionist to the nurses are absolutely great.
I don't know what I would have done without all of them somedays.
Good luck with your appointment.
Louise
PS where do you all live....I am in Fredericton, but will be relocating for 10 days to Moncton during the daily ultrasounds. :woohoo:
Louise
Fertility tx X 1 year...no results
Adopting Nathaniel from Ethiopia
Referral Received June 13/07
Court Approved July 16/07
Home November 12, 2007!!!
http://myethiopianadoption.blogspot.com/

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

Hi Louise!

Wishing you all the best with your injectable IUI cycle. ((((((((((((babydust))))))))))

I'm so glad to hear you like Conceptia. I had my consultation there in August and I thought they were all really nice as well. The news I got wasn't so great, but it's getting better.

I'm a high rish since I hyperstimulated on 50mg of Clomid before. So I was told no medicated IUI, or IVF, but he thought I might be a good candidate for IVM. However, when I went for my blood work they found my LH was sky high. Now we're trying a month of birth control pills, then a month of 25mg Clomid. I guess with my LH being high my eggs at time of ovulation are bad quality, so if we can get my LH fixed it might be the answer to our prayers.

BTW, I live outside Fredericton, but work here everyday. :)

I'll be looking for updates on you. Take care.

Amy

#10 sweetbee

sweetbee
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:50 AM

[quote name='soulsearcher' date='Oct 11 2005, 10:20 AM' post='22449']
Hi Amy..

I can so relate to the waiting. I never did anything on clomid, did that for 3 months up to 150mg, then they did some more blood work in June, found out my insulin levels were high. So onto the metformin I went (had to wait one cycle out). Started next cycle with prometrium and gave clomid one last shot.....but on CD 11 I had 10 follicles all sized 8 or under (PEUNY LITTLE THINGS). So had to sit out that cycle..Then had to do Marvelon (the BCP) every day and now finally starting to get somewhere...Had my US today.
No cysts, everything looked good, and Liz just called so Bloodwork was fine. Now I take 75 of Gonal F twice a day. Along with suprefact....OUCH 3 pokes a day, got to love that. I got good news from Blue Cross, with much argument they covered 80% of the $500 charge for the ultrasound and BW monitoring (bad enough they don't cover any fertility treatment)
So it has taken almost a full year to get here but I am so happy something is started now.
You said you worked in Fredericton, what do you do? I am a nurse

I hope you month of BCP passes quickly. :) and lots of baby dust and good luck to you!
Louise

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:52 AM

That's great that Blue Cross is going to help cover the u/s and bw costs. I'm under SunLife and I don't think they will. They will cover the drugs though (although I can't take injectables since I hyperstimmed on Clomid). Can't win for losing. Maybe once they get my LH figured out I came move on to stronger meds. We'll see.

I'll keep my fingers crossed you're wait will be well worth it at the end of this IUI. Good luck and keep me updated. :)

Oh, I'm a Graphic/Web Designer. I work soley for a company keeping their website and promotional info up to date.

Take care,
Amy

#12 sweetbee

sweetbee
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

well day 2 of meds, biggest side effect is headache, and the occasional twinge.....I want to feel something so I know its working

Going to Moncton on Sunday. I am a nurse, so it has been difficult with time off at times. I just told them this time I have appointments, so I can't work 3 12 hr shifts. That will have to do
Good luck

Louise

That's great that Blue Cross is going to help cover the u/s and bw costs. I'm under SunLife and I don't think they will. They will cover the drugs though (although I can't take injectables since I hyperstimmed on Clomid). Can't win for losing. Maybe once they get my LH figured out I came move on to stronger meds. We'll see.

I'll keep my fingers crossed you're wait will be well worth it at the end of this IUI. Good luck and keep me updated. :)

Oh, I'm a Graphic/Web Designer. I work soley for a company keeping their website and promotional info up to date.

Take care,
Amy

Louise

#13 sweetbee

sweetbee
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:09 AM

Well that was a big fat bust.
Day 8 of meds, still no response from ovaries, doing 150mg twice a day of Gonal F. Estrogen wend from 190 to 225 and then dropped on day 8 again below 200
They cancelled the cycle. Dr Robichaud says it was because of weight. But I was bleeding (Having a second AF almost) from The time day 3 hit. I don't know if the supression drugs were working properly,
gotta ask him why he thinks I was bleeding. Anyway he wants me to lose some weight before trying again. I think I will take a break till next year Feb, March, and try again.....
Don't know what to think???
Louise
Louise

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:24 AM

I'm so sorry Louise. :grouphug2: It's so frustrating when all you want is a baby and all these obsticles keep popping up. They say what won't kill you will make you stonger... well if that's true there's some strong women on this board. Don't lose hope sweetie. I sure Dr. Robichuad will have some insight as to what went wrong as far as you 2nd AF. Can I ask how long you have been trying?

I'm keeping mu :crsd: for you.

Hugs,
Amy

#15 sweetbee

sweetbee
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:44 AM

I have been trying for 13 months, getting nowhere further than trying the stimulatory drugs. I still have not ovulated as of yet. UGGGGGGGGGGGHHH.
If I could just get to that point, man I would love it, I would do a dance. When do you go forward after the BCP??
Liz was the nurse on this week, she was great, even went back in for a second blood test to confirm that the estrogen had fell. Hard to believe it would fall after being on Gonal F for 8 days, hey you could share some of your overstims with me kay; then I will share my relaxed ovaries with you :)
Louise

I'm so sorry Louise. :grouphug2: It's so frustrating when all you want is a baby and all these obsticles keep popping up. They say what won't kill you will make you stonger... well if that's true there's some strong women on this board. Don't lose hope sweetie. I sure Dr. Robichuad will have some insight as to what went wrong as far as you 2nd AF. Can I ask how long you have been trying?

I'm keeping mu :crsd: for you.

Hugs,
Amy

Louise

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:53 AM

Lousie, I'll definitely share with you, if you share with me. ;)

Keep your chin up. We've been trying for over 3 years (like 38 months now) and even though it's still frustrating, it does get a bit easier. I think it's b/c we're used to it now.. not having kids. We're progressing slowly b/c I'm 25 and both my OB/GYN and Dr. Robichuad think I have LOTs of time. Whatever... I want a baby NOW! :laugh:

I'm on Clomid now. Actually Friday I went in for my LH test, so today is CD 10. Dr. Robichaud said to call him a few weeks after I get it done. I really hope the BCP worked.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon. :)

Amy

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:41 AM

hi - I had a consultation at Conceptia last Wednesday. I liked the people and they seem genuinely interested in making sure you are informed. My problem is I truly can't wrap my head around the travel - 2.5 hour drive from where I live. What have others done in this case? Financially, we are barely going to be able to do this...so to include the cost of driving (gas), hotels, and so on really concerns me. Also, how do women who work full time do this? I'd really like to be able to try Conceptia (have done 2 cycles at AART) but I'm stressed at the logistics. My DH keeps saying 'don't worry about that now' but I guess I'm that type of thinker - I want to plan ahead.
Any thoughts??

#18 sweetbee

sweetbee
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:01 AM

Hi Hazel.
I was with Conceptia for a year before moving onto adoption (I never ovulated even with the injectable cycle). They are great there. The nurses are great...I dealt with Sylvie most of the time.
I am in Fredericton so its a 2 hr drive for me. What I did was show up the night before my apts and I stayed at a bed and breakfast (50/night) and that included breakfast. Keep all your receipts as you can claim it on income tax time.
When I did the injectable cycle I had to be there every other day or every day so I stayed at the kinsmen Lodge (its a nursing home) but also has beds upstairs for guest that are in Moncton for Medical appointments. I believe at that time it was 25/night (so really really affordable) it had a kitchen, dining room and living room. I think I was there for 8 or 9 nights. I also brought a portable DVD player...because after 4 or 5 days in Moncton you will come to realize there really is not that much to do especially if you do not want to spend money LOL (like me). Oh and at the Kinsmen lodge its french nursing home, but most people there speak english as well. (try to advoid the single bed room...thats the one I was in...it was hot hot hot in there..no window...felt like a closet most of the time LOL.
Here is their contact info

Kinsmen House
-Rates :
25 $/person (single room)
30 $ room (double room)

136-138 Cameron st.
Moncton, NB E1C 5Y6
(506) 382-7520 / (506) 854-0957

Good luck feel free to pm me for any info on the process....Oh enjoy the Vag Ultrasounds...thats certainly one thing I will not miss at all LOL LOL.....I have reached my quota for them I believe.
Louise
Louise

#19 sweetbee

sweetbee
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts