1 reply to this topic

#1 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever see day 3 embryos at the early morula stage? Is this a common occurance? Aren't they supposed to be at the 6-8 cell stage on day 3? There five embryos were compacting all high quality (little fragmentation) and all went on to become blastocysts by day 5 and 6. Is there a higher chance that if an embryo is growing too fast that it is chromosomally abnormal?

Thank you.

fa8uog.gif

#2 Dr. Sai Ma

Dr. Sai Ma
  • 416 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever see day 3 embryos at the early morula stage? Is this a common occurance? Aren't they supposed to be at the 6-8 cell stage on day 3? There five embryos were compacting all high quality (little fragmentation) and all went on to become blastocysts by day 5 and 6. Is there a higher chance that if an embryo is growing too fast that it is chromosomally abnormal?

Thank you.

It's uncommon to see embryos at morula stage on day 3. Some studies indicated that embryos developing too fast (beyond 10 cells) may bear a high risk of being chromosomal abnormalities and those embryos with anomalies may not develop into blastocysts. To me, the fact that your embryos were developed to blastocysts is a good sign that your embryos may have normal chromosomal complements. To ensure that you will have a normal pregnancy, you may consider doing prenatal genetics diagnosis if implantation occurs.

Good luck,
Sai
Are you an IVF-ICSI patient (of any clinic)? You're invited to join a study of genetic outcomes in pregnancies conceived by In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) with Dr Sai Ma, PhD.