- - - - -

Dessert recipes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ceska_holkacz_*

Guest_ceska_holkacz_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

Post your favorite dessert recipes here...

#2 RainbowsPromise

RainbowsPromise
  • Global 100+
  • 697 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Christian Adoption Services, Calgary

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Here are 2 recipes we use for our traditional Christmas dessert... the one I grew up with we call a log roll.. basically it's those chocolate wafers you can get (I think Christie makes them) and whipped cream... it looks like a really fancy dessert you spent hours on but it's so easy! You only have to make it the morning of and it's good by suppertime. The other is my husband's traditional "mud dessert"... basically it's a bake-free cheesecake with a graham crust and chocolate pudding on the top instead of fruit.

Here's a blog about the log roll... we always used real whipping cream on it instead of Cool Whip. We never refrigerated the layered wafers before putting the whipping cream topping on... just made it in one sitting then let it sit until the wafers absorbed the whipping cream, probably at least 6 hours. We always used wax paper to wrap it... make the log roll right on the waxed paper on a platter then wrap it up. The picture where it says to frost the wafers shows the wafers underneath but we always brought the whipping cream right to the plate to prevent it from rolling from side to side. Cut it on a 45-degree angle from the length of the roll to get the zebra design. One blog suggested adding mint extract to the whipping cream, which I have never tried but think is an awesome idea! One suggestion is to make sure the wafers aren't all broken... sometimes the packages are pretty beat up when you buy them. http://chowtimes.com...ate-wafers-log/

Here's the Mud Recipe:

- make a graham wafer crumb crust to fit a 9 x 13 pan. Be sure to bake it and allow it to cool before topping it.
- Mix one package (250 g) of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of icing sugar, and 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread on the graham crust.
- Mix 2 regular packages of instant chocolate pudding and 3 cups of milk (the package sizes would be the ones that use 2 cups of milk). Spread on the cream cheese layer.
- Put the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the pudding layer. Let the whole thing cool for a day or so... you can make this a few days in advance if you wish. Cut into sections and serve!
Me 42 DH 44 Married since 2005 and have been TTC the whole time.One adoption revocation through the AB govt (son taken back by birth family after 6 days)Multiple failed clomid cyclesMultiple failed home IUI cycles.Two failed IVF cycles (didn't get to retrieval).Pursuit of donor embryos through direct donation.FET with direct donor embryos in Nov 2010 resulted in a BFP!Jan 2011- both empty sacs and m/c has begun. June 2011- Second donor embryo cycle (anonymous donor). BFN.Oct 2011- Third donor embryo cycle (anonymous donor). BFN.Nov 2011- Pursuing private adoption through Christian Adoption Services.May 2012- Officially on the waiting list for CAS.See "About Me" page for specifics on our journey and continued updates.Believing that God WILL answer our prayers for children! He is the one who placed the desire for children in our hearts so we trust that it will happen.... in His time. The message that keeps coming is from Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him". December 2013- God has answered our prayers in a way we truly didn't think was possible- we brought home a little boy and survived the 10-day waiting period, lol. To Him be the glory- the testimony of this little one is amazing!

#3 Kellyanne

Kellyanne
  • Global 100+
  • 803 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

Some weird jello pie. I am not sure the actual name of it, but its easy, fast and we love it!

You'll Need:

1 Graham cracker crust
1 box of berry jello (I prefer Raspberry)
1 can of evaporated milk

Mix the package of jello in a bowl with 1 cup of boiling water, and instead of adding the other 1 cup of cold water, you'll add 1 cup of evap milk. After you stir well, pour the jello mixture into the pie crust, and let set in the fridge approx 3hours.

ps. It's best eaten within the 1st few days, any longer than that you'll find you have a weird soggy crust underneath the pie
Me:30 Dh:30
TTC: 5 years
pcos/mfi

2009:
2 injectable iui's
1 ivf
1 fet

2010:
ttc break
Lost 70lbs
June 7th: BFP! holy cow!
June 9th:Beta 84!
June 11th:Beta 228!
June 13th:Beta 531!
June 16th:Beta 1404!
June 17th US:Gestational Sac!
June 22nd: started spotting-beta 10681
Feb 8th:Isaac was born! 8lbs =)

#4 Tracy1234

Tracy1234
  • Cyclebase
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the dirt aka gardening, my big hairy four legged kid and also the 3 three smaller ones, too! I love to cook and bake, but am trying to cook and bake low cal these days :D
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

After School Special
2oz cream de cacao
1oz peppermint schnapps
1oz vodka

A nice martini fits into the dessert category, doesn't it? ;)
Me 35 DH 32

Started TTC 2008
Unexplained...doesn't that just mean "we don't know!!"
July 2009 BFP naturally, ended in m/c

Edmonton fertility center
Tried clomid for 3 months
IUI with clomid 2009 - BFN
1st IVF
June 2010 - BFP - Miscarriage
High progesterone levels pre ET is thought to be the hang up :(
Found out I've got a low ovarian reserve due to childhood illness - ITP
2nd IVF
Short protocol, menopur, orgalutron, no suppression
BFN
Our RE tells us it's time to move on

VFC
DHEA
Genetic testing - normal
Suprefact, dexamethasone, Gonal F, Luveris, estrogen, etc.
BFFN - Yep, that's an extra F, guess what it stands for? :D

Natural OMG!!
June 6th 13dpo beta 226
June 8th beta 446
July 26th u/s 144bpm measuring a couple days behind
August 12th u/s 165bpm measuring right on time!

#5 adlena

adlena
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

nice post, thanks for sharing

We are the pioneers in providing Pass4sure 200-120 and SAP exams with 100% exam pass guarantee. Download our latest Columbia University gmat and wikipedia.

#6 L_in_Calgary

L_in_Calgary
  • Cyclebase
  • 355 posts
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yummy cookies count as desert, right? These maple bacon glazed and chocolate chunk cookies are always a crowd pleaser. They are also a surprising combination - sweet, salty, bacony and chocolate. I gave them to my midwifes as part of a thank you gift and they loved them.

http://www.cookingch...on-cookies.html

me 37 dh 38 ttc since May 2010 (high FSH, mild MF) Aug - Sept 2011- 2 cycles with Clomid and TI - 2xBFN Sept - Nov 2011 - 3 IUIs with clomid - 3xBFN IVF #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 300 Gonal F eSET - 3 day - BFP (3x day 3 frozen) April m/c at 8 weeks DHEA, Q10 and continue acupuncture in prep for next cycle July - chemical IVF #2 - Aug/Sept 2012 -225 Gonalf & 225 menopur Sept 17th - eSET 1 blast (5 basts frozen) Sept 30 - BFP First u/s Oct 18 - measuring on track, hb 150 NT scan - measuring on track and low risk DD arrived June 2013 FET #1 - March 2015 - BFN FET #2 - July 2015 - eSET Chemical (1 transfered 3 didn't survive thaw) Aug 2015 Natural BFP - Chemical FET #3 - Oct 2015 - two transfered (1 didn't survive thaw - no more frozen) - Chemical. All frozen used & no success. On DHEA and Q10 in prep for next treatment. Dec 2015 BFP - Chemical, Jan 2016 Chemical. IVF #3 (with ICSI) Feb 2016

#7 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13144 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Ice Cream Bread.

I found this on Facebook (a group called "Easy Recipies, Your Guide to Simple Recipies."

I have not tried this, but it looks interesting and is probably very bad for you. :)

ICE CREAM BREAD (Two ingredients! No, not a joke)

(Perfect for making with the kids and infinite varieties)

Makes One 8 x 4 loaf
2 Cups Ice Cream, any flavour, softened
1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour
Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
Spray and flour a 8 x 4 loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.

Scoop into the loaf and smooth out.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the loaf comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.

Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
For best results..use full fat ice-cream!

The picture is an example of butter-pecan ice cream - I like the nuts being distributed in the bread mixture, however you can use any ice cream flavour you prefer.

Always a fun experiment, and you cant get simpler than this. 

For those that are scratching their heads wondering how this could work - lets consider that most ice cream is made of eggs and fat/dairy. Toss in some self-rising flour and you have some basic ingredients for a bake-capable product. Just choose the flavouring of ice cream that seems promising and have a fun weekend of experimentation. 

Oh, one more thing - others asked about the self-rising flour (or if they didnt have it, could they simply use regular flour). 

You must - MUST have a rising agent in the flour. Self-rising flour is an easy solution (and commonly available).

However, if you dont have self-rising flour accessible, you can make it very simply:

For every cup of flour add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt (sift together). There you go, now you have self-rising flour.
  • Yearning and Sasabee like this

#8 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13144 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Chocolate Banana Bread.

For the chocoholics out there. (I have not tested it, but the photo looked good.)

http://smittenkitche...e-banana-bread/
  • Yearning and ollie2013 like this

#9 ollie2013

ollie2013
  • Global 100+
  • 845 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

ive followed smitten kitches blog for years... all her recipes are great!

Chocolate Banana Bread.

For the chocoholics out there. (I have not tested it, but the photo looked good.)

http://smittenkitche...e-banana-bread/

• gibasgirl likes this

me 26, dh 32

ttc for almost 3 years

one ectopic pregnancy, lost one tube- 2013

one miscarriage- 2014

poor egg quality, unstable hormone levels. AMH dropped from 4 to 1.5 in 4 months.. had it retested and came back at 1.4

RE predicts that i will go through menopause around age 30..27 or 28. Suggests one round  of ivf and then it is time to move onto another option.

1st ivf booked to begin in september

Sept 17- B/w and U/S, Starting Stimulation

Clinic Error and IVF cycle cancelled in October- took some time to think about my options

November- Moving onto donor eggs-

donor #1 selected through little miracles

Dec 29- Lupron Injection

Jan 22- Estrace Started

Estimated Retrieval day for donor is Feb 6. 5 days into the cycle, donor was found to have cocaine and marijuana in her bloodstream- cycle cancelled.. heartbroken and very disappointed

Donor egg cycle round 2 - let's hope things go well this time!

Donor #2 selected... Retrieval in April!

#10 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13144 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

I have only recently discovered that blog.  Not a site to visit on an empty stomach, lol. :)

#11 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2735 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

Her Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake is so amazing...

http://smittenkitche...ut-butter-cake/

• gibasgirl, Yearning and ilovemydogs like this

Me: 33, DH, 35

TTC - 2012

2014: MMC

2015: the year of pills, shots, IUIs and an ectopic

2016: BFP, EDD 4/19/2017

#12 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13144 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:26 PM

Saw this on FB:

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

Full Recipe: http://bit.ly/1VEfOaK
  • Yearning likes this

#13 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13144 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

Vegan chocolate (avocado based).

http://www.livestron...udding-recipes/

#14 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13144 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

Marshmallow shot glasses.

http://www.foodbeast.com/news/toasted-marshmallow-shot-glasses/ 

#15 lumnay

lumnay
  • Global 100+
  • 712 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:45 PM

Cream cheese pastry recipe.  This crust goes well with blueberries and I enjoy it best when topped with vanilla ice cream!

http://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/desserts/cream-cheese-pastry/ 

• gibasgirl likes this

Who stole ambushed my stork?  So many failed cycles with nothing to show but bills, receipts, and empty bottles of medications/herbs/supplements. See my profile for details...

UPDATE: I'm counting the days and hours waiting for this miracle to unfold. Christina Perri's A Thousand Years pretty much sums up my experience.