12956 replies to this topic

#12951 cherryblossom222

cherryblossom222
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 02 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

Hi there!

Does anyone here have Dr. Wais as their primary physician? We are in the process of starting IVF but I don't understand why it takes so long for the nursing co-ordinators to get us set up and scheduled to start cycle monitoring... Plus we hear booking is done 1 month in advance? I could've started cycle monitoring this month but since I haven't heard from them yet post nursing webinar, I have to wait another month (waste another cycle) before getting started? zjujfjf.gif

Can anyone share some insights? I understand IVF can be a time consuming process but this seems like its taking ages...

#12952 viede3

viede3
  • 54 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 02 September 2021 - 05:04 PM

Hi there!

Does anyone here have Dr. Wais as their primary physician? We are in the process of starting IVF but I don't understand why it takes so long for the nursing co-ordinators to get us set up and scheduled to start cycle monitoring... Plus we hear booking is done 1 month in advance? I could've started cycle monitoring this month but since I haven't heard from them yet post nursing webinar, I have to wait another month (waste another cycle) before getting started? zjujfjf.gif

Can anyone share some insights? I understand IVF can be a time consuming process but this seems like its taking ages...

Hello and welcome!

You are completely right. IVF can be time consuming and slow. When I started with Dr Virro, my first appointment was 2 months after doing the bloodwork and scans. I do feel that once the process begins, you are in the system and the clinic keeps you in motion. 

But I hear you about feeling like you are wasting cycles. I was so angry whenever there were delays in the process (waiting for surgery, waiting for a spot in funded IVF).

Good luck in your journey!

Me - 37, DH - 41, Married Nov 2015

Feb 2016 - After years of avoiding with temping and charting, we took a chance and got pregnant. Looking back now, I almost don't believe it.

April 2016 - Miscarriage at 13w3d.

May 2017 - Worked with naturopath (acupuncture, CoQ10) for about 6 months

Sept 2017 - Referral to a fertility clinic for "secondary infertility"

April 2018 - IVF cycle. Wanted fresh but developed polyps and had to freeze: 5BA0 and another frozen on day 6 (11 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 2 were chosen as looking good).

June 2018 - Polypectomy

August 2018 - FET transfer of 5BA0

May 11 2019 - Son was born at 40 weeks

April 2021 - FET transfer of our second embryo

Due January 14 2021

#12953 anyfung

anyfung
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 12:47 PM

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well during this pandemic.  Hope we will get back to normal soon.

I haven't been online for awhile.  I had a baby boy last Nov. and thinking about trying for a second child next year.  I have one embryo left which had PGT done, graded 5BA.  Anyone has any idea if this grading is a good candidate for transfer?  I spoke to Dr. Garcia and she asked me to consult with the genetic counselor.  I wonder if this has a chance of success.

Also, do I need to do another ERA?  

Thanks,

Anyfung

TTC for 1.5 years

First IVF at 38, 9 eggs retrieved, 7 matured, 7 fertilized, 5 went to genetic testing at day 5, 3 came back normal (4AA, 3AA, 5BA)

Polyp removed in Aug 2019

First embryo transfer in Dec 2019 -  BNF 

#12954 MissionBaby

MissionBaby
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone using donor eggs with MFC on here? If so are you using DEB USA?

Thanks

#12955 icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:29 PM

Yes - the process is so frustrating.  They missed my appointment date a few times so some of my cycles were pushed out.  I had to call the nurse / hotline / email, etc to make sure that my Day 1's are properly logged and to officially start a cycle. 

Hi there!

#12956 icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:32 PM

Anyone moving to immune testing?   I was recently recommended to undergo the immune protocol, but now that Dr. Virro is retiring, I am not sure that any doctor's at MFC really know immunology as much as Dr V. Thoughts on this, anyone? 

When I asked my doctor about the immune testing process, I feel that I am not getting a whole lot of information on it, just the high-level basics.  

#12957 gtgirlwant2bamom

gtgirlwant2bamom
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Markham Clinic

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:31 PM

Is this true. Dr. Virro is retiring? This is very sad news , & you are saying the other doctors not update with the immune testinv? Which doctor is dr.v patients being transfer to , i cant believe this