Markham girls

12939 replies to this topic

#12926 Pixie13

Pixie13
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:York Fertility/Surgery with MFC

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:27 AM

Thanks ladies for sharing your experiences with you hysteroscopy's and anesthesia! 

My hysteroscopy to remove my full septum was postponed indefinitely (it was supposed to be this past June 12th)

I still haven't had any updates of any kind as to when MSH will resume gynecological surgeries....I just emailed Helen today but I am expecting the same answer that I got in July- no news, no updates, they will contact me when they have more info. 

At this point, I want it done SO badly that I am not even afraid of the anesthesia anymore haha

I am hoping they get back to me today with some sort of an update...I am trying to figure out if I should find another dr at another clinic/hospital who can do it sooner (I don't even know how to go about finding that out)....but I know Dr. Virro is the best, so I would LOVE for it to be him that preforms it. But I've been waiting for 5 months and I can't go on with no info/updates. My anxiety has me feeling like it will never happen haha  :( 

TTC#1 for 1 year

Mild lean PCOS, complete septate uterus, MFI (low count, low morph) Varicocele veins

Dec 2019- Complete septate uterus confirmed after SHG and MRI, DH has confirmed varicocele veins after ultrasound

Feb 2020- DH has varicocele embolization

June 2020 (?)- Hysteroscopy to remove septum (surgery date postponed indefinitely, thanks COVID)

#12927 3dbabysee

3dbabysee
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:A Date With Baby

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:53 AM

Happy Friday Everyone! th_acheerlead.gif

So I just went through my first IUI and now it is the waiting game again to find out if it worked or not. The whole cycle monitoring was a roller coster, Dr. V. was about to call off the whole thing because my body wasn't doing anything. Then on Day 15, they finially started to see some movement and on Day 19 I finally got the call that there was two mature eggs and we were going to go ahead. I'm trying so hard to not get my hopes up, but that seems to be easier said than done. Every little thing my body does makes me think I just might be preggers this time around. Sorry if this is TMI.....but my nipples are super sore, more sore than they have ever been...to the point where I don't even want them touched. My appetite seems to be off and I feel more tired than usual. I keep telling myself that it's too early to have any signs, but then there is that little bit of hope creeping in.

Anyone have any tips on how to manage your expectations? I don't want to be hoping and thinking it just might be so and then have a total let down if it's not.

Michelle

babybaby - is your 3d ultrasound a 32 week appt? I can't believe how far along you are! I wish I lived closer, I would come visit for support after the baby comes. It's great that your DH can take time off. Call your local health unit also and ask what other services they offer 

#12928 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:56 PM

Balance - Good luck!  I see you are due with your second boy today!  Update when you can.

Hey all!

Thank you Cris!

I am extremely late in updated everyone here.  Guess that is what happens when you have two boys 17 months apart during a global pandemic.  Or at least in my house that is what happens.  I have been MIA from the forum even more.

Well I am happy to pass on our exciting news that our 2nd son was born on June 25th and we all couldn't be more in love.  We feel so fortunate for the help we received from Markham in creating our family.

I am loving watching our boys grow together and love how our oldest son is taking to his brother and how eager the baby is to catch up to his brother.

We have yet to decide if our family is complete but it is complete for now.  We may add to it but aren't thinking about that right now and will give ourselves some time to enjoy the two full on energy boys we have now.

Wishing everyone all the best!

I still follow along and if I can be of any help in anyone's journey I am more than happy to do what I can.

• returnable likes this

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#12929 avcorke

avcorke
  • 3 posts
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:34 AM

Hi ladies, happy holidays to everyone! Hope you are staying safe in these crazy COVID times. 

I am set to start my first IVF cycle with MFC in January 2021 I did just find out Dr Virro (my doctor) is on vacation for the months of Jan and Feb. Do any of you have experience with other doctors at the clinic that I could request to be his back up? A bit nervous about this since we are paying out of pocket and I was hoping to have Dr Virro. Everyone at the clinic has been amazing so far, so I have no doubt there are other great doctors that can help us out. Just looking for some feedback since I am feeling overwhelmed and lost with everything!

#12930 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:56 AM

Hi ladies, happy holidays to everyone! Hope you are staying safe in these crazy COVID times. 

I am set to start my first IVF cycle with MFC in January 2021 I did just find out Dr Virro (my doctor) is on vacation for the months of Jan and Feb. Do any of you have experience with other doctors at the clinic that I could request to be his back up? A bit nervous about this since we are paying out of pocket and I was hoping to have Dr Virro. Everyone at the clinic has been amazing so far, so I have no doubt there are other great doctors that can help us out. Just looking for some feedback since I am feeling overwhelmed and lost with everything!

#12931 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:02 AM

Hi!! I have Dr. Virro as well and I am starting my second IVF cycle in January. (I had a failed cycle in October). I remembered from years ago when I did IUIs that Dr. Virro was off after Christmas as well. I do feel as though he has an amazing team and every cycle is different :). It's hard that we know he won't be there but I was disappointed that he did not do my retrieval in October but the other doctor was great as well! We will be fine in the care of his team! Fingers crossed for amazing news for both of us :)

#12932 Hope20

Hope20
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:00 PM

I have been Dr. Virro's patient over the last six months. In my case, he only did one of the procedures during my IVF cycle. The other ones were done by another doctor. Even if he were to be around, there is no guarantee that he will be doing everything as the doctors are taking turns due to the pandemic. From my experience, you will be in excellent hands with any of the doctors at Markham.

#12933 avcorke

avcorke
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:55 PM

I have been Dr. Virro's patient over the last six months. In my case, he only did one of the procedures during my IVF cycle. The other ones were done by another doctor. Even if he were to be around, there is no guarantee that he will be doing everything as the doctors are taking turns due to the pandemic. From my experience, you will be in excellent hands with any of the doctors at Markham.

Thank you!! Its good to hear someone else's experience :) It does sound like they are all fantastic

#12934 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:05 PM

Good Luck to everyone cycling this month! I just went in this morning for my day 2 BW and /S. :)

#12935 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 223 posts
  • Dx:Immunological

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

Good luck with your cycle. Dr. Garcia is amazing. I am also with Dr. V but I've had cycle transfer and retrieval with Dr. Garcia and she is very nice. The new Dr. Is very nice but never had anything done by her yet accept appointment.

How is EOE doing? I was at the clinic the other day and it was so busy. I guess a lot of people are cycling this time of year. Is unfortunate that Dr. V is not in during this time. I know he always goes away for the holidays so I either cycle before or after as I prefer him to be present even though he might not be doing the procedure.

Christine how's your babies doing? The girls must be so big now.

I hope everyone is doing well and are having a good start to the new year despite what's going on all over the world.

#12936 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

I am in the middle of what will be a long cycle again. Lol. I'm day 11 and I have 5 between 0.9 and 1.3. Still a long way to go :). Fingers crossed I get more this time. Dr. V said that with my age only 1 out of 5 embryos will be normal. I'm hoping for lots of embryos this time to send to PGT :)

I would have loved to have waited for Dr. V to get back from vacation but my eggs are only getting older! Hoping he can do the transfer in March if this cycle works! :)

#12937 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

I am in the middle of what will be a long cycle again. Lol. I'm day 11 and I have 5 between 0.9 and 1.3. Still a long way to go :). Fingers crossed I get more this time. Dr. V said that with my age only 1 out of 5 embryos will be normal. I'm hoping for lots of embryos this time to send to PGT :)

I would have loved to have waited for Dr. V to get back from vacation but my eggs are only getting older! Hoping he can do the transfer in March if this cycle works! :)

Good luck😊 In a few days they all going to catch up and hopefully by retrieval day you will have few other ones. I remember when I cycled I always only made 5 max with two at the end making it to day 5. Last time I was in shock when I made 8 and ended up with 5 good quality ones and I already had a daughter by then. IT was a big surprise and I wished I had gotten so many years ago when I first started cycling but ohh well... so you never know by the end you might end up with a lot more than you think.

#12938 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:54 PM

Good luck In a few days they all going to catch up and hopefully by retrieval day you will have few other ones. I remember when I cycled I always only made 5 max with two at the end making it to day 5. Last time I was in shock when I made 8 and ended up with 5 good quality ones and I already had a daughter by then. IT was a big surprise and I wished I had gotten so many years ago when I first started cycling but ohh well... so you never know by the end you might end up with a lot more than you think.

I really hope so! Do you usually have a lot of follicles they can see? I have 19 so far but only five are growing. Fingers crossed in a couple days there are a lot more :)

#12939 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:07 PM

No I don't have much usually 8-9 max

#12940 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:25 PM

No I don't have much usually 8-9 max

Last time they thought they would get 8 but they only got 2 so who knows. My body is really stubborn apparently. I guess last time they could only access my right side with an external ultrasound so it's hard to see what the actual size is. This time it's different everytime I go for how they can access it.