CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

Hi Gang,

We're back to being in limbo...our clinic went to the College to seek guidance as to their ability to offer platelet rich plasma and intralipids...the College has advised them they may not do so...as such...the only clinic that I'm aware of offering an immune protocol in Canada is Markham.

I think we're going to proceed with the 3rd party cycle and create embryos and then likely consult with Markham as we can always ship the embryos to Markham depending on what they think when they review our cycle.  I may likely start the ball rolling with a referral to Markham in the interim to arrange a consult prior to transferring.

I'm very torn.  IVF.  No easy choices.

• CrisBelieve likes this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#12902 CrisBelieve

CrisBelieve
  • 1000+
  • 1645 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

CHG - I think getting a referral to Markham now is a good place to start.  Wow, I didn't know that Markham is the only place doing immune treatments now.  are you going ahead with the cycle?

Hello to EOE!  it's been too quiet around here.  How's everyone doing?

AFM - 38 weeks tomorrow.  In the home stretch now!

More details on our infertility journey in 'About Me' page

Me: 40, DH: 43

TTC for many years - severe male factor - Obstructive Azoospermia

Our 7th cycle brought us the miracles we were looking for.  Our twin girls were born in 2017!  heart.gif heart.gif

Trying for baby #3

Fresh transfer in Feb 2019 = BFN

FET - June 2019

June 25 - transferred one day 6 grade 2 expanded blast

June 29 - POAS...very very faint line!  

July 4 - beta @ 9dpt = 95, beta @ 11dpt = 311, beta @ 13dpt = 646

July 25 - viability scan @ exactly 7 weeks - one baby with heartbeat of 147!  So very thankful.

August 8 - 9 week ultrasound - baby moving around with heartbeat of 170!

August 30 - 12 week NT scan - all looks well with the babe, heartbeat of 155

October 24 - anatomy scan...everything looks great and we are having a babyboy.gif !  So happy!

#12903 anyfung

anyfung
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

Congrats CrisBelieve.

Hi All,

I have a question, should we bed rest after embryo transfer?  I got mixed information.  Some article said no and back to normal right away.  Some suggests to have 48 - 72 hours bed rest.  Any suggestions? also, anything NOT to do after embryo transfer?  I am waiting for my ERA testing and will do transfer this month.....finger crossed.

Thanks

Anyfung

TTC for 1.5 years

First IVF at 38, 9 eggs retrieved, 7 matured, 7 fertilized, 5 went to genetic testing at day 5, 3 came back normal (4AA, 3AA, 5BA)

Polyp removed in Aug 2019

First embryo transfer in Dec 2019 -  BNF 

#12904 CrisBelieve

CrisBelieve
  • 1000+
  • 1645 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:32 PM

Anyfung - I took it easy on day of transfer. I laid on couch watching tv most of the day, got up to eat, bathe etc. I resumed regular activities the next day but I tried to avoid heavier lifting for a few days. And I didn't work out at all during the 2ww.

Keep us posted on your ERA results.

Our 7th cycle brought us the miracles we were looking for.  Our twin girls were born in 2017!  heart.gif heart.gif

Trying for baby #3

FET - June 2019

July 25 - viability scan @ exactly 7 weeks - one baby with heartbeat of 147!  So very thankful.

October 24 - anatomy scan...everything looks great and we are having a babyboy.gif !  So happy!

#12905 vmt04

vmt04
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:03 PM

Hi, I am back.
Had my first cycle with MFC and first IVF cycle. I'm with Dr. Wais and I didn't see her once, she never even did my egg retrieval. Never been at a clinic where you don't actually talk to the doctor you are seeing. I felt like they didn't personalize my care just followed standard protocol. I ended up with no normal embryos which isn't their fault I guess but I think if the protocol was different maybe the outcome would have been different. Not sure if I should move back to my old clinic now, only reason I moved was to get a funded IVF cycle sooner.

#12906 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts
  • Dx:Immunological

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:37 PM

Hi ladies hows everyone doing? Cristine wow 38 weeks thats awesome. Good luck soon you will meet your little baby boy. I wish everyone else the best of luck. Sorry i have not been active because i had forgot the password and took forever to reset it. Anyway so much going on and glad this thread is getting more and more active.

I have a question for anyone that might have gone through something similar. A little background story. We are not trying to have a baby now however i have been feeling pregnant for the past couple weeks. Crams nausea sensitivity to perfumes and so many other symptoms in other words symptoms that i feel when im at least 6-7 weeks pregnant. So i did two hpt both negative. Made an appointment with the doctor and she did a urine test there which came back positive. Then she sent me for blood work and that was negative. Did two more hpt this morning negative. Im so confused. I know these are pregnancy symptoms. How come the doctors test was positive and everything else negative??

#12907 anyfung

anyfung
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 12:03 PM

Anyfung - I took it easy on day of transfer. I laid on couch watching tv most of the day, got up to eat, bathe etc. I resumed regular activities the next day but I tried to avoid heavier lifting for a few days. And I didn't work out at all during the 2ww.

Keep us posted on your ERA results.

Thanks CrisBelieve.

I just got an email about my ERA test result, it said it's receptive.  However, they are planning to transfer on 7th day of progesterone instead of 6th day like last time.  I am not sure if it will make a difference.  I am just curious how come it didn't work if I am in the receptive window and my embryo got tested. 

To all ladies, any tips for after embryo transfer? I know CrisBelieve said do nothing on the first day ..=) and no heavy lifting for a few days....does laptop consider a heavy lifting? sounds dumb..but I have to bring my laptop home if I plan to work from home.

CrisBelieve....wish you smooth delivery on your baby boy!! 

TTC for 1.5 years

First IVF at 38, 9 eggs retrieved, 7 matured, 7 fertilized, 5 went to genetic testing at day 5, 3 came back normal (4AA, 3AA, 5BA)

#12908 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 859 posts
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:20 PM

Cristine - awww, congrats!!!  I can't believe your little guy is almost here!  My how the time has flown.  Hoping you have an easy and wonderful delivery.  Will you be at MFC?  Come back and update us when you get a chance!

vmt - I'm sorry that your cycle didn't go as hoped.  My experience is that Dr. V and Dr. Garcia are amazing.  The other REs are newer and while I'm sure they're very good, I'd definitely recommend the two I mentioned above.  Of course, for some people it does take a couple of rounds (unfortunately) to figure out what does/does not work.

Kate - very odd.  Hoping that this figure this out for you.  Fingers crossed that it is in fact a viable pregnancy.  Keep us updated :)

Anyfung - I don't think it really matters what you do the day of/following transfer.  I always take it easy for the first 24hrs, but that's about it.  I tried not to lift my kids for about a week, but that's easier said that done.  I had a 2 year old jumping on my stomach, bags to pack, stair to climb - I just lived life.  The only 'different' thing that I did (this time, as well as when I got pregnant with my others) was that I didn't eat/drink anything colder than room temperature.  Something I read about maintaining a nice warm environment.  Good luck with your transfer!

CHG - sorry your journey continues to be full of bumps.  I'd 100% recommend talking to Dr. V.  He's the champion of immunological interventions and I'm sure he'd be very interested to see what you've tried, what's worked etc.  He's on top of the latest developments and always seems to have a new cutting edge tweak.  Good luck and keep us updated :)

AFM - 19 weeks today.  I honestly can't believe that I'm pregnant, and that it's almost half over.  I have my 21 week anatomy scan in two weeks - just hoping that whomever is in there is healthy and happy.

• anyfung likes this

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

#12909 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

Elephantshows- thank you and congratulations! Almost half way there😊 i hope your scan goes well. Sorry maybe you have mentioned this but are you going to find out what you having?

#12910 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:26 AM

Elephantshows- thank you and congratulations! Almost half way there i hope your scan goes well. Sorry maybe you have mentioned this but are you going to find out what you having?

I would love to find out what we're having.  My gut feeling is that it's another girl...which I would be thrilled with.  Of course I would be equally thrilled if it was a boy!  A week and a half to go!  I'll let you know wink.png

• Kate333 likes this

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

#12911 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:30 AM

Elephantshows- thank you and congratulations! Almost half way there i hope your scan goes well. Sorry maybe you have mentioned this but are you going to find out what you having?

I would love to find out what we're having.  My gut feeling is that it's another girl...which I would be thrilled with.  Of course I would be equally thrilled if it was a boy!  A week and a half to go!  I'll let you know wink.png
Whatever it is is a blessing regardless. I love girls personally especially if you already have a girl because the two sisters will have each other but boys are just as adorable. Im kind of loosing my mind over my baby boy. So cute and cuddly...

Cant wait for you 😊

#12912 Pixie13

Pixie13
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:York Fertility/Surgery with MFC

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:58 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am new here. I am currently with York Fertility Centre next door to MFC, however I have a complete septum so I have been referred to Dr. Virro to do the hysteroscopy to remove it. It is supposed to happen mid-June (though that may change thanks to COVID)
Has anyone had a hysteroscopy with Dr. Virro? I am pretty nervous...I've never had anesthesia before, and I am also a bit worried about the cytotec (misoprostal) that I would have to take the night before the surgery. Dr. V said that it causes cramping, and in some cases causes severe cramping (Occasionally I get insane cramps and pain on CD1, so I am worried about getting those types of cramps with this). 

I would love to hear some experiences! 

TTC#1 for 1 year

Mild lean PCOS, complete septate uterus, MFI (low count, low morph) Varicocele veins

Dec 2019- Complete septate uterus confirmed after SHG and MRI, DH has confirmed varicocele veins after ultrasound

Feb 2020- DH has varicocele embolization

June 2020 (?)- Hysteroscopy to remove septum 

#12913 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 337 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

Welcome Pixie,

Dr.V removed my septum in Dec 2017. I had zero discomfort or anything with the misoprostol to the point that when I checked into the hospital the next morning I asked to be checked to see if I dilated enough for the surgery because I didn't feel anything.
No one seemed concerned and they proceeded to prep me for the surgery. They started the lines for anesthesia and Dr. V said he would check. The next thing I knew I was in the recovery room. It was all done.
I was extremely tired after due to the anesthesia and slept the majority or the rest of that day and slept really well that night and was fine after that. Nothing significant that I can remember.
One year after my surgery in January 2019 my 1st son was born. And I am due with my 2nd son in the next few weeks.

I have had no issues with my pregnancies in either pregnancy even though there is a risk of preterm birth after the surgery.

If you have other questions let me know.

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

#12914 Pixie13

Pixie13
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:York Fertility/Surgery with MFC

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:52 AM

Welcome Pixie,

Dr.V removed my septum in Dec 2017. I had zero discomfort or anything with the misoprostol to the point that when I checked into the hospital the next morning I asked to be checked to see if I dilated enough for the surgery because I didn't feel anything.
No one seemed concerned and they proceeded to prep me for the surgery. They started the lines for anesthesia and Dr. V said he would check. The next thing I knew I was in the recovery room. It was all done.
I was extremely tired after due to the anesthesia and slept the majority or the rest of that day and slept really well that night and was fine after that. Nothing significant that I can remember.
One year after my surgery in January 2019 my 1st son was born. And I am due with my 2nd son in the next few weeks.

I have had no issues with my pregnancies in either pregnancy even though there is a risk of preterm birth after the surgery.

If you have other questions let me know.

Thank you so so much for your reply! I am definitely feeling more at ease about the misoprostol now, and the whole procedure itself. Still a little nervous about the anesthesia...I think its because I have no control over 'going to sleep' like I do when I go to bed at night (but I have general anxiety so I think that is where that comes from haha) Do you know if he will deal with any other issues while he is in there if something is discovered during the surgery? 

Also, I know everyone is different, but do you know how long it was after the surgery until you woke up?

It is so nice to hear that yours was a success!! And congratulations on both of your pregnancies :) 

TTC#1 for 1 year

Mild lean PCOS, complete septate uterus, MFI (low count, low morph) Varicocele veins

Dec 2019- Complete septate uterus confirmed after SHG and MRI, DH has confirmed varicocele veins after ultrasound

Feb 2020- DH has varicocele embolization

June 2020 (?)- Hysteroscopy to remove septum 

#12915 Desrok

Desrok
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:49 AM

Hi guys,

Anyone doing a FET this month? They told me FET were on hold at Markham because they were waiting on Health Canada approval

#12916 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:21 PM

Hi guys,

Anyone doing a FET this month? They told me FET were on hold at Markham because they were waiting on Health Canada approval

Hi Desrok - welcome!

I was in to see Dr. Virro last week and had a long chat with Helen - they've decided to begin cycles with current patients/patients who were cancelled because of Covid - apparently they were never told to stop, but decided that it was best due to the unfolding/ever-changing advise that was coming out.  So you're one of the lucky ones!

Hopefully someone from Markham will jump on here soon - if not, you can join the cycle buddy thread which has ladies from all across the country at the same point in the process as you!

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

#12917 Desrok

Desrok
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the information elephantshoes!

My FET was cancelled due to Covid back in March. After that, they contacted me in May to restart the process to finally telling me 2 days after that they couldnt proceed because of Health Canada New regulations on third party cycle (we have embryos from egg donor). They told me it was on hold and sent a letter to Health Canada on May 4th to ask them if they could restart third party cycle. I understand new regulations for new patients and choosing a donor but not for existing patient that have completed the process and have frozen embryos. I still havent heard back since and trying to get feedback without any answer. I got my son with my first FET and hopefully will be as lucky for the second one but I am 45 years old so time is a challenge now.

#12918 anyfung

anyfung
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

Hi All,

I just came back from MFC for my appointment with Dr. Garcia today.  MFC was opened after the pandemic but only doing parental appointments and only if the egg retrieval cycle was completed before they declared pandemic.  

I am the lucky one that I had my embryo transferred the Friday before pandemic However, when I went there 2 weeks later for blood test, they told me Blood work there would be closed and all blood work would be done at LifeLab.  All doctors are rotating to be in the office, meaning only one doctor in the office at a time.  However, doctors who are not scheduled to be in the office are working from home and doing call for patients everyday.

Ultrasound still open but by appointments only and usually just having 2 people in the waiting area.  Spouse and kids are not allowed to go to clinic.  

All patients who go to the clinic need to do pre-screening.  Filling out a form and they take your temperature and we have to wear mask.  I believe they are gradually resuming (I read their website a few weeks ago).  Hope it helps.

I have a question...appreciated if you have any suggestions/recommendations.  I am now 17 weeks pregnant and still having nausea.  I was throwing up everyday from week 7.5 till 16 weeks.  Now, it's improving but still having nausea.  Is it normal?  Any recommended remedies for that? 

Thanks all!!

Anyfung

TTC for 1.5 years

#12919 CrisBelieve

CrisBelieve
  • 1000+
  • 1645 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:42 PM

Hi ladies!  It's been so long!

elephant - How are you doing?  Did you find out of you are having another girl??  

Kate - How are you my friend?

Balance - Good luck!  I see you are due with your second boy today!  Update when you can.

Pixie - Welcome to Markham...you are in good hands here.  Try not to worry about the surgery.  You will "fall asleep" within seconds and then wake up in recovery.  Dr V will come see you in recovery to let you know how everything went.  Good luck!

Desrok - Sorry to hear your FET was not able to proceed.  Did you get the green light now?

anyfung - Congrats on your pregnancy!  Are you taking the Diclectin for the nausea?  This was the only thing that helped me in both my pregnancies.  With my twin pregnancy, the nausea was really bad until about 24-25 weeks.  This time it finally went away around 16 weeks.  I hope it passes soon for you!

AFM - We welcomed our baby boy on March 9th weighing in at 7lbs 14oz!!  Dr V delivered him via c-section.  I was home 48 hours later!  DS is doing great...he is a happy baby.  Can't believe he's already 3 months old!  The girls love him and can't go anywhere without their "baby brother" which is what they call him.  So cute.  It's been tough being stuck at home during all this Covid craziness and not being able to have family help out but we made it taking care of a newborn and 2 toddlers.  How is everyone doing?  Crazy times!  I had my postpartum appt with Dr V but it on the phone.  Sucks because I wanted to give him a gift in person.  WilI need to go back and see him sometime this summer for a Pap so will give it to him then.  

Sorry if I missed anyone!  xoxo

• Balance and returnable like this

Trying for baby #3

FET - June 2019

#12920 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:51 AM

Congrats Cris!!! A little boy! So excited for you! Glad things are going well even with all the pandemic curveballs. Your girls sound like proud big sisters.

I am still pregnant. 40w1d today. I went in for induction last Wednesday and didn't make much progress after 3 days in the hospital so we went home. Back in the hospital this morning to try induction again. Fingers crossed our little boy comes soon! We are anxious to meet him and to bring him home to meet his brother.

Pixie - please try not to worry about the anesthesia. I felt relaxed and very good after waking up all beit very tired but it was a nice a restful feeling. Just leave yourself time to sleep after you get home for that day and maybe the next. Then if I remember correctly I felt back to normal within 2 days. I can't remember how long it took to wake up because for me it felt like no time had passed and I didn't even realize all was done. It wasn't a long time though I think I woke up quickly after getting back into the recovery room and Dr. V came to see me before I went home. I may have stayed in recovery an hour if I remember correctly before they let me leave.

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

#12921 anyfung

anyfung
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Congrats Cris!

Dr. Garcia prescribed me Diclectin yesterday, and will pick up medication soon.   I was taking Groval as that's what they recommended if it's not too bad.  However, I found that I am having nausea everyday after 5 p.m. and Dr. Garcia just prescribed me the medication.

My next question is.....Is there any parental class, especially these days? Any helps from hospital or clinic after giving birth in case I don't know how to breastfeed or taking care of the baby? (This is our first baby!)

Pixie - don't worry about the anesthesia.  I had polyp removal late August last year.  It was only 30 min. that they put me in "sleep", then I was in the recovery room.  I think the nurse woke me up and a few minutes later, Dr. Garcia came to check out.  I stayed there for an hour or so and I don't really need my husband to come and get me.  Nurse wheeled me to the front entrance and my husband picked me up there.

Thanks...

Anyfung

TTC for 1.5 years

#12922 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted Today, 01:23 AM

Congratulations Christine what a precious gift. Im glad your girls love him and want to be with him all the time. That is very special.

#12923 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted Today, 01:23 AM

Does anyone know if the clinic is open now?