Conceptia reviews/successes?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

Hello everyone!

It's great to see a forum here for conceptia. I am on my second IUI through conceptia and my personal experience has been really positive. I feel relaxed when I go there and find the staff very friendly and empathic. However, when I went to the support group in Fredericton, everyone there said they would go to the Halifax clinic instead. They either bypassed conceptia completely or had negative experiences and decided to change. So just wondering what other peoples experiences are?
Anyone else cycling there right now?

Dakini

#2 sketches

sketches
  • 137 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

My experience has not been all that positive, though I imagine if we had seen success we would feel differently. Sometimes people's frustration with failure can spill over into unfair criticism of the clinic. I have appreciated how responsive the staff is to phone calls and appointment requests, and I've appreciated their kindess and that there is no waiting list. I was not satisified with their approach to our care, their lack of consultation, and what appeared to be a blasť attitude toward challenges we've faced. I hope you have good luck, however!
Me-36, DH-47
The Facts: TTC 5 years, 3 IUIs, 4 IVFs, 1 FET, 2 DE cycles in Argentina ... and success on the final try. Gideon and Grant were born on November 10, 2011.

#3 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

I am in Fredericton and chose to go to Halifax. Firstly, my OB/GYN recommended Halifax over Moncton as it was a "teaching school" and therefore more likely to be up-to-date on practices, etc...(not sure how much of that is true but...) I chose mostly because I could satellite all the bloodwork and ultrasounds while here in the city (which meant I could still work through most of it). In Moncton I heard you had to be there to have the tests done which meant I would have had to take way too much time off! Additionally, for retrieval, Halifax uses better drugs for retrieval (at least so I was told) which was a BIG deciding factor for me! I am happy with our choice and wound up having to go to Halifax only 3 times total for the whole process (initial consult, retrieval and transfer back). There was the drawback of having to pay $550 for the u/s done here in Fredericton but for me - it was totally worth it...loved the clinic in Hali. Good luck with whatever you choose.

...but then again I got lucky...not sure how I would have felt with a BFN.
TTC for 9+ years

#4 ---

---
  • 1000+
  • 1668 posts
  • Interests:recovering from pretentious nonsense

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Hello Dakini,

I am not sure why the Dr.'s in Fredericton refer patients to Halifax and not Moncton,... I expect (like most of us in our thought process) they simply do it because that is what they have always done and haven't investigated further ?. The Georges Dumont hospital is also a teaching hospital. Up until about 7 months ago, Halifax didn't use ultrasound guided transfers, I am really gald they do now for the ladies currently cycling there, but as far as Conceptia goes, they have a fantastic Embryologist and Top Notch RE and the newest/latest equipment for assisted hatching as well(Not the old fashioned approach)and their stats are excellent. All these things, for me, make them an excellent clinic. I guess I am a bit of a veteran in the IVF business having 2 IVF's under my belt. The retrival was very easy and very little pain (due to drugs of course) and I had 11 mature eggs (of which 10 fertilized).The last IVF ended in miscarriage but that had nothing to do with the clinic, it's the 25% category I fall in. (Nothing easy about the IF ride, although it's all easier to handle when you have one child to come home too :) ).

I wish you much luck on your cycle Dakini. I have known many ladies (On here) who travelled from Halifax to cycle at Conceptia so I hope this helps you rest easy with your decision.I personally never tried IUI as I didn't like the odds at ANY clinic, but it does work for some and I really really hope you are one of those people :)

You are in great hands with MJ/Sylvie/Lize and Dr.R, all the Dr.'s are great and should you ever require IVF, Dr.Bing and his team are wonderful as well.

The best of luck to you
Stacy
P.S. I have already posted a thread for Conceptia entitled 'I Highly Recommend this Clinic'that may interest you.

#5 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hey Dakini...

Just to clarify in response to Stacy's post - I don't think all Fredericton OBGYN's suggest Halifax, just the one I was seeing did. I, as a RN in maternal/child health, have seen many beautiful babies born from clinics at both Conceptia as well as AART. I just was sharing my story and hope I did not make you think one clinic was better than the other.

Just to clarify... :rolleyes:

Again, good luck with your decision!
TTC for 9+ years

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the responses! Well after all that worrying about where to do our IVF and whether conceptia really was the best choice, I am 6 weeks pregnant after IUI #2 (really didn't expect that to happen!) But I do really like the conceptia clinic and I know that if I have to start again for any reason I will stick with conceptia. Especially thanks for your thoughts Stacy. And good luck to you all.

Dakini

#7 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

Congrats Dakini! That is wonderful news! Soooo glad you didn't have to undergo the IVF this time afterall! :flowers:
TTC for 9+ years

#8 ---

---
  • 1000+
  • 1668 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

Dakini !!!!
Congratulations !!! YOu did it !! Way to Go !! You see - You proved it ...they know what they are doing..IUI CAN WORK :) :) :)
I am over the moon for you, now hang on for the ride.
Stacy

#9 Sara33

Sara33
  • Cyclebase
  • 705 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hi, congrats Dakini!! I too have cycled at Conceptia & have done 2 IVF's with the 2nd one being successful. All the best on your pregnancy & here's to a happy & healthy 9 months!

Sara

#10 cch0131

cch0131
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:photography, golfing, reading
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

we are just starting our first and only fresh cycle with Conceptia. Our first apointment ($175) did not include any test and was very quick, no discussion just this is what needs to be done and for me it was very overwhelming. i would have liked to discuss options or alternatives but nope. Since then things have been fine the nurses are great, they answer all my questions - and I have tons.
I started BCP on Sept 6th and superfact on Sept 20th with an expected ET on the 20th of October - I am scared to death that this will not work and I am scared that it will totally break me mentally if it does not work. We will not be doing a second because of the cost so I hope/wish and pray that it works and that they get lots of eggs to freeze just in case!
IVF #1 - Oct 2009 - BFP - MC @ 7 weeks
FET #1 - Feb 2010 - start superfact on Feb 13th - Estrogel Feb 19th
ET - March 9th 2010 - transfered two top quality blasts - BFN
IVF#2 - AART - retrieval November 11th -transfer November 16th
- December 2nd, 2010 Beta - 1165 - BFP
- December 21, 2010 ultrasound - two babies - identical twins!!!!!!!
- January 21. 2011 - 12 week ultrasound - two babies but no heartbeats :( totally unexpected and devastated!!
- January 21, 2011 - D&C
- Now we wait for pathology reports, more testing, more blood work before we figure out what to do next.
- April 2011 - PRIDE course to adopt or to foster - we are still waiting for results
-November 2011 - call about a private adoption
Feb 2012- two wonderful babies came home (ds-2yrs dd-17 months)
March 2012- dd born ( sibling to my other two children)
November 2012- adoption final. Instant family with three babies 3 and under!!!!!!
Jan 2014 - ready for our family to grow. Time will tell how that might happen. :)

#11 ---

---
  • 1000+
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

we are just starting our first and only fresh cycle with Conceptia. Our first apointment ($175) did not include any test and was very quick, no discussion just this is what needs to be done and for me it was very overwhelming. i would have liked to discuss options or alternatives but nope. Since then things have been fine the nurses are great, they answer all my questions - and I have tons.
I started BCP on Sept 6th and superfact on Sept 20th with an expected ET on the 20th of October - I am scared to death that this will not work and I am scared that it will totally break me mentally if it does not work. We will not be doing a second because of the cost so I hope/wish and pray that it works and that they get lots of eggs to freeze just in case!

Hi cch0131,
Welcome ! This is all very overwhelming at first - goodness knows I still remember that part...but you are in good hands, and I bet they have done lots of BW (Bloodwork) on you (thyroid etc.) You may not have realized it but this would have been done before they started cycling you. It is all pretty overwhelming and difficult when you are new and just learning the process...I can tell you what worked best for me - I followed along a new 'CYCLE Group' on the Cycle Buddies thread....if you just click on one that has just started and observe the girls on there you will learn LOADS. HEY ! WAIT ! I just realized you ARE cycling very soon...If I were you I would join a cycle buddy thread (Just as a suggestion you might find that you'd be best suited for one in Oct. as that is your ET date but if not try joining the closet to that date). Just jump on in and you will be Most Welcome to do so - Every single person on here is great. No ego's here, we are all in the same boat. In all threads you will see that there are newbies and 'seasoned' IVF'ers in every group and they all help each other out.(The seasoned ladies with the info and the newbies share the optimism usually :)). This thread here that you posted on started with the topic 'success/experiences at Conceptia' so it's lucky I found you here ! (I saw your name and tapped in to see the post). No one minds where anyone posts but if you'd like some friends (a.k.a.cycle buddies)then a cycle buddie group is the way to go. (It's help me keep my own sanity).

Just some further info...after you 'post' (like you just did here on this site) 5x in total, then you can send a PM (Private message) to someone as well if you click on their name. If you need help on the boards just let someone know (Everyone is helpful and we all started NEW before so we know what it's like!) Feel free to PM me as well if ever you have a question or just want to say Hi(when you are able to). If you click on your name you can set up your profile as well....It's also not a bad idea to go to the post 'Introductions' and say 'Hi'there. You've found a great resource tapping in on this website. In a week or so it will be you helping someone else out.

If there's any further questions etc. just reply right here again if you like. That goes for anyone else reading).

Best of luck cch0103.You are at a great clinic..I am hoping for lots of eggs for you and a BFP (Big Fat Postivie pregnancy !!)
Keep in touch.
Stacy

#12 ---

---
  • 1000+
  • 1668 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

Hey there cch, I received your P.M. (I'll reply here as well)...I'm glad I could be of some help. Good luck on your cycle !!
Stacy

#13 cch0131

cch0131
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:photography, golfing, reading
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

Hey there cch, I received your P.M. (I'll reply here as well)...I'm glad I could be of some help. Good luck on your cycle !!
Stacy

thanks!!
IVF #1 - Oct 2009 - BFP - MC @ 7 weeks
FET #1 - Feb 2010 - start superfact on Feb 13th - Estrogel Feb 19th
ET - March 9th 2010 - transfered two top quality blasts - BFN
IVF#2 - AART - retrieval November 11th -transfer November 16th
- December 2nd, 2010 Beta - 1165 - BFP
- December 21, 2010 ultrasound - two babies - identical twins!!!!!!!
- January 21. 2011 - 12 week ultrasound - two babies but no heartbeats :( totally unexpected and devastated!!
- January 21, 2011 - D&C
- Now we wait for pathology reports, more testing, more blood work before we figure out what to do next.
- April 2011 - PRIDE course to adopt or to foster - we are still waiting for results
-November 2011 - call about a private adoption
Feb 2012- two wonderful babies came home (ds-2yrs dd-17 months)
March 2012- dd born ( sibling to my other two children)
November 2012- adoption final. Instant family with three babies 3 and under!!!!!!
Jan 2014 - ready for our family to grow. Time will tell how that might happen. :)

#14 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

I was not satisified with their approach to our care, their lack of consultation, and what appeared to be a blasé attitude toward challenges we've faced.

Yes! I totally agree with how you felt. I have been feeling the same way and you nailed it.

I'm in limbo-land with them right now. I had posted a thread in here about a week or so ago.

My experience with them have been frustrating, but positive too. I know some of that comes with the territory. DH doesn't have sperm in his ejaculate, and we saw Dr. R. back in January. DH had to come back the following week for genetic testing and we heard nothing for 2 1/2 months. I was told to call and check in, but they would no be able to even book us to see the urologist until the tests were in, then we had another 4 week wait to see him. There was no real support for DH during any of the process, the nurses were sympathetic, but DH didn't have anyone even tell him he didn't have sperm until 5 months after my family doctor's receptionist handed him the sheet without a word. He didn't even really grieve it until we finally saw the urologist 5 months after we got that lab req. I feel like we are dealing with his grief now, months after I did. He held out hope all this time.

When we saw Dr. B., (urologist) he didn't really answer any of our questions and didn't tell us the recovery times, risks or anything for the procedures he suggested we try. I asked him about trying to increase DH's testosterone with medications like I had see in the studies I had found. He wasn't willing to do it and was surprised that I had been reading so much about it. He did an exam and I asked him if he could feel the epidydmis since a flat epidydmis usually indicates no sperm. He actually went and re-examined DH (thankfully!) and thought one side felt somewhat bigger like there could be sperm. When we got home, we realized we were left with more questions and called the clinic. We were told that the TESA would just be a test and we would actually need it done TWICE. He didn't tell us that. When we asked for the price for mTESE, they didn't have a price and he told me that most people don't bother with it since it's expensive. I had continued to research and it looks like the mTESE is the recommended choice for non-obstructive azoospermia. TESA is more for vasectomy patients or people who are missing their vas deferens. We had been struggling with making a decision (TESA, mTESE or give up) and then realized that we didn't even know if they would require a long recovery or time off work or risks... How do you decide without that info?

So, I called again and asked to speak to him. We are going to his private office tomorrow and hopefully will have a few more questions answered.

We asked to see the psychologist and we really liked him, but realized that our appointment was all about donor sperm and how we should accept it without finding out much detail about the donor. It gave us a lot to think about, but I would have loved to been able to speak about everything since we haven't given up totally from looking for sperm in DH.

I'm also confused with my vitamin D dosage, one nurse told me 8,000IU and one said 800IU. (Double checked both times I was told an amount.) One told me my FSH was borderline and the other nurse said it was normal.

I really wish there was more support for us during this. We have had to do a lot of our own research and it feels like everyone just wants us to go to donor sperm.

We haven't given up. We see Dr. R for an appointment at the end of June. To be honest, I have no idea what he is going to say and why we are really seeing him. I think he is going to go over my results and tell us that we could try a biopsy on DH with ICSI + IVF or use donor sperm. We already know that, but maybe we are looking at more detail or costs?

Becky (35)  Unexpectedly widowed in Feb 2013.  The night after my ER.  I was married to an incredible man named Chris.

Son, age 6
TTC #2 (his first) since our wedding in July 2011.

Dec 1, 2011- Found out he has azoospermia (no sperm in SA.)  Totally heartbroken and shocked.
Jan 2012- First consult at fertility clinic.
March 2012- My tests show high LH but everything else was normal. His LH/FSH were high, testosterone was really low. (4.2)
May 17, 2012- Official Dx of testicular failure and non-obstructive azoo. Given the option of mTESE, TESA or using a donor.
June 7, 2012- Urologist is seeing us again per our request. We need him to answer some questions about the procedures and testosterone.  He would not consider Clomid or any hormones for DH.
June 27, 2012- Saw RE and decided to proceed with dIUI. Told we needed one cycle on the BCP because of my high LH.
June 28, 2012- Started BCP for 21 days. Did pre-IUI micro and blood testing on July 3rd. Told they should be in on time for IUI in early August.
July 21, 2012- CD1. Called clinic and found out my cycle was canceled. They messed up and my file wasn't ready. They forgot to draw vit D and some other results are missing.
August 9, 2012- Nurse left message saying they cannot do this cycle either. Now it will take 2-3 MONTHS for DH's blood tests before we can use donor sperm.
August 10, 2012- RE called. DH has a reactive Hepatitis C blood test and they are trying to figure out if he's got an active infection or was exposed in the past.
August 23, 2012- He's Hep C NEGATIVE! Phew!
October 2012- Latest SA results still shows azoo, but we're glad the testosterone looks normal now. dIUI after 21 days on the pill. Clomid for cd3-7, LH is too high (17 and 14.6) and progestone getting too high. Had 3, 13.5mm folliciles and my lining is 8.6. CD13- Lining was good, triple layer at about 9. Now I just have one 17.5mm follicle on my left side.
October 17, 2012- dIUI  canceled. Clomid didn't work, estrogen too low, LH was normal again and progesterone was off too. Now we need an appointment to talk to our RE again to start over.
Dec 2012- Saw RE and we have to do IVF/ICSI, even with a donor. So, we decided to throw in a TESA with donor backup. Bloodwork this cycle, BCP and mock in Jan and hopefully a Feb IVF/ICSI/TESA!

IVF #1
Mock done, teaching visit done.  Started Suprefact on Jan 30.  AF arrived on schedule.
Baseline done, starting Gonal-F and Luveris Feb 11.
Stim day 4-  1 follicle at 11mm, 40 more under 10.  My lining is already a triple lining and at 8.6
Stim day 6-  8-9 follices between 11-13mm at least 20 more under 10mm.  This doctor saw my lining at 6.3?   Encouraged to walk because my circulation to my uterus wasn't what they wanted to be this time.  No idea what that means.
Stim day 8-   14 follicles.  All measuring between 11 and 15 with more under 10.   Lining is over 10.  Circulation is good again.   They are letting me skip my day 9 appointment. 
Stim day 10-  TRIGGER tonight!   I have 14 between 15-21mm, a few more at 14 that may catch up.  Lining is over 10.   DH's TESA is tomorrow.
Feb 21-  No sperm found with TESA.   ER tomorrow with donor sperm.
Feb 22-  ER was successful!  Collected 18 eggs.   7 from my right and 8 on my left.  We can skip ICSI because the donor's sperm is great.  Crossing fingers for a good fert report tomorrow.
June 2013- Updating. My husband, Chris, passed away unexpectedly of Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome just hours after my ER on Feb 23.  Had 14 fertilize.  9, 5-day frozen blasts are at the clinic waiting for me to make some decisions. 

FET #1

June 2014-  5-day blast.   BFN just in time for what would have been our 3rd anniversary.  

FET#2

August 2014.  FET #2 on Aug 25 with another 5-day blast.  BFP!   Had scare with a bleed at 4w5d, but beta is still doubling.  Due May 13, 2015.  Ultrasound on Oct 5.

Oct 5-  8w4d-  Blighted Ovum.  Stopping estrogen and progesterone.  Waiting to miscarry.  Looking forward to moving on with life.

Oct 17- D&C.   Feeling peace about being at the end of the infertility battle.  Looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

#15 elizi520

elizi520
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

MapleBecky : I can know your mind,me too
I am 33 DH 50
DeC 2011 stard Prepare No contraceptiver
2012 May 4 sent mail to Conceptia Clinic
May 22 2012 Happy ! Finally had get one make an appointment In June 08 2012
08 June 2012: Consultation-first vist
19 June 2012 Frendericton hospital frist times blood test.
25 June 2012 second time blood test.
09 July 2012 Thirdly time blood test
27 June 2012 first times Consultation my family doctor (good he can talk chinese)
05 July 2012 blood work
11 July 2012 nurse back call say my prolactin little hight
16 17 18 JULY blood work again ( ASAP/ fasting)
23 July B ultrasound(drink 4 802 glasses of wate 2 hours before ) appointment
24 July Nurse call me ,I need do HsG and MRI
25 July (apo-Bromocriptine 2.5MG) QTY :60
26 July MRI Appointment :October 20,2012 9:30am (31 July take letter) Long time waiting!
09 August my family doctor tell me ( two small Uterine fibroid)
21 Aug Appt Dr Landan 3:20
27 Aug Appt register in X-Ray (HSG)
all my normal ,until now

#16 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'm still finding them to be frustrating. I was told to call on Aug 3 to see if my file was complete since they canceled my last IUI because they missed some tests and mistimed it.

My nurse was out and I didn't get a callback. I left two messages over the weekend to say we were going away and to just leave me a message letting me know if everything was okay. Nothing. I need to try again today.

It's no wonder I have ZERO confidence in this process. If they drop the ball again and this cycle gets canceled, I am going to stop going to them and have to travel to Halifax.

Becky (35)  Unexpectedly widowed in Feb 2013.  The night after my ER.  I was married to an incredible man named Chris.

Son, age 6

Dec 1, 2011- Found out he has azoospermia (no sperm in SA.)  Totally heartbroken and shocked.
March 2012- My tests show high LH but everything else was normal. His LH/FSH were high, testosterone was really low. (4.2)
May 17, 2012- Official Dx of testicular failure and non-obstructive azoo. Given the option of mTESE, TESA or using a donor.
June 7, 2012- Urologist is seeing us again per our request. We need him to answer some questions about the procedures and testosterone.  He would not consider Clomid or any hormones for DH.
June 27, 2012- Saw RE and decided to proceed with dIUI. Told we needed one cycle on the BCP because of my high LH.
June 28, 2012- Started BCP for 21 days. Did pre-IUI micro and blood testing on July 3rd. Told they should be in on time for IUI in early August.
July 21, 2012- CD1. Called clinic and found out my cycle was canceled. They messed up and my file wasn't ready. They forgot to draw vit D and some other results are missing.
August 9, 2012- Nurse left message saying they cannot do this cycle either. Now it will take 2-3 MONTHS for DH's blood tests before we can use donor sperm.
August 10, 2012- RE called. DH has a reactive Hepatitis C blood test and they are trying to figure out if he's got an active infection or was exposed in the past.
October 2012- Latest SA results still shows azoo, but we're glad the testosterone looks normal now. dIUI after 21 days on the pill. Clomid for cd3-7, LH is too high (17 and 14.6) and progestone getting too high. Had 3, 13.5mm folliciles and my lining is 8.6. CD13- Lining was good, triple layer at about 9. Now I just have one 17.5mm follicle on my left side.
October 17, 2012- dIUI  canceled. Clomid didn't work, estrogen too low, LH was normal again and progesterone was off too. Now we need an appointment to talk to our RE again to start over.
Dec 2012- Saw RE and we have to do IVF/ICSI, even with a donor. So, we decided to throw in a TESA with donor backup. Bloodwork this cycle, BCP and mock in Jan and hopefully a Feb IVF/ICSI/TESA!

IVF #1
Mock done, teaching visit done.  Started Suprefact on Jan 30.  AF arrived on schedule.
Stim day 4-  1 follicle at 11mm, 40 more under 10.  My lining is already a triple lining and at 8.6
Stim day 6-  8-9 follices between 11-13mm at least 20 more under 10mm.  This doctor saw my lining at 6.3?   Encouraged to walk because my circulation to my uterus wasn't what they wanted to be this time.  No idea what that means.
Stim day 8-   14 follicles.  All measuring between 11 and 15 with more under 10.   Lining is over 10.  Circulation is good again.   They are letting me skip my day 9 appointment. 
Stim day 10-  TRIGGER tonight!   I have 14 between 15-21mm, a few more at 14 that may catch up.  Lining is over 10.   DH's TESA is tomorrow.
Feb 22-  ER was successful!  Collected 18 eggs.   7 from my right and 8 on my left.  We can skip ICSI because the donor's sperm is great.  Crossing fingers for a good fert report tomorrow.
June 2013- Updating. My husband, Chris, passed away unexpectedly of Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome just hours after my ER on Feb 23.  Had 14 fertilize.  9, 5-day frozen blasts are at the clinic waiting for me to make some decisions. 

FET #1

June 2014-  5-day blast.   BFN just in time for what would have been our 3rd anniversary.  

FET#2

August 2014.  FET #2 on Aug 25 with another 5-day blast.  BFP!   Had scare with a bleed at 4w5d, but beta is still doubling.  Due May 13, 2015.  Ultrasound on Oct 5.

Oct 5-  8w4d-  Blighted Ovum.  Stopping estrogen and progesterone.  Waiting to miscarry.  Looking forward to moving on with life.

Oct 17- D&C.   Feeling peace about being at the end of the infertility battle.  Looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

#17 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Another update.

I just got a voicemail saying that our missing blood test can take TWO to THREE months to come back and they will not start my cycle without it.

I am 2 days away from finishing my 2nd month on the birth control pill. Bleeding, headaches, moody and acne all summer for nothing.

They told me we would do our IUI in late July. Then they timed it so it would be the last weekend of August, before I started teaching again.

The nurse said that into the phone and then hung up, no explaination of what I should do now, do I stop the pill? Do I continue? Do I still try calling on CD1?

I feel like it was a huge rip off there. They took our money and are giving us crap service because they are the only providers in the province. I do not recommend them at all.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#18 MrMaple

MrMaple
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yeah our experience hasn't been good. They seem pretty disorganized. My wife has spent more time trying to figure out what they are trying to do than being excited about what lies ahead. I really wish we had another option here in NB it seems very cold and clinical there and they don't seem to know what they are doing with our case. Really thought that when we switched to wanting to use donor sperm it would be the easier path. Maybe their main focus is the in vitro?

#19 ErinM

ErinM
  • Global 100+
  • 801 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

MapleBecky & MrMaple - Sorry to hear your experiences haven't been great. After the latest call with the RE tho, hopefully things will be on the mend.

Best of luck

IVF # 1
Nov 14/10 - Transferred 1 Blastocyte (3AA) and froze 6 others
Nov 26/10 - BFP! Beta was 767
Dec 1/10 - 2nd Beta was 3187
Dec 12/10 - Miscarried. Beta is 2400

On to FET #1 - Feb/11
March 16/11 - Fet #1 - Transferred 2 beautiful blasts w/ Assisted Hatching
March 28 - BFP! Beta is 659
April 1 - 2nd Beta 2769
April 4 - Miscarried. Ultrasound confirmed no sac

May/11-July/11 - Had Autoimmune bloodwork done, as well as karyotyping to see if there are any abnormalities.

On to FET #2
July 16/11 - Start bcp again
Aug 3/11 - Cancelled Cycle due to Vit D Deficiency. Now on supplements.

Re-try FET #2 -
Sept 21/11 - FET #2 - Transferred 2 beautiful blasts w/ Assisted Hatching
Oct 1/11 - BFP on a HPT
Oct 3/11 - Beta was 4 = BFN

E-tegrity Biopsy done- results came back normal

IVF #2 -
Jan 30/12 - Transferred 2 - 3 day embryos. Froze 3 Blasts
Feb 13/12 - BFP! Beta is 821
Feb 21/12 - 2nd Beta = 16,131
May 1/12 - 15w Scan = 2 Babies Look fantastic
May 21/12- Delivered 2 beautiful little girls @ 18 weeks. Taken from this world much too soon.

FET #3 - Here we go again...
Aug 29/12 - transferred 2 blasts - 3AA / 3BA
Sept 10/12 - BFP Beta = 264
Sept 14/12 - Beta = 106 Chemical

Papework is started for International Adoption from Russia!

IVF #3
Jan 20/13 - Retrieved 7 eggs... of which 5 are Mature
Jan 23/13 - Transferred 2 beautiful 3 day embryos
Feb 6/13 - Beta = 1324
Feb 12/13 - Beta = 13,475
Mar 3/13 - 8 week Ultrasound - Twins!
Apr 22/13 - Cerclage was placed, on Bedrest.  Twins still doing ok at 14w1d

May 23/13 - 24 Weeks and counting!  Still on Bedrest till delivery

July 21/13 - 28 Weeks .. still on bedrest

Aug 17/13 - 31w6d... Ali and Lea were born weighing 3.4 and 4.1 respectively. Girls are healthy and growing and waiting to come home from NICU!