- - - - -

Natural IVF

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nance_*

Guest_Nance_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:37 PM

Hmmm... I see no-one's posted about treatment at the Ovo clinic yet, but we're looking into moving on to IVF soon (38, ttc#1 5+yrs, endo, 2 ectopics conceived naturally in 2003, 1 failed IUI, no meds ever), and we had our eye on the Ovo clinic.

I'm trying to gather information about people's personal experiences with natural IVF cycles.... or any stories you may know about. Any thoughts welcome!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

Hmmm... I see no-one's posted about treatment at the Ovo clinic yet, but we're looking into moving on to IVF soon (38, ttc#1 5+yrs, endo, 2 ectopics conceived naturally in 2003, 1 failed IUI, no meds ever), and we had our eye on the Ovo clinic.

I'm trying to gather information about people's personal experiences with natural IVF cycles.... or any stories you may know about.  Any thoughts welcome!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nance,

Are you referring to "natural cycle IVM/IVF"? I had one cycle of this at McGill. They told me that OVO began this approach.

If you are interested in it, I'd advise you to see Dr. Tan at McGill. As for me, it wasn't a great success. My performance wasn't particularly impressive. I think they got 5 follicles, not of great quality.

The success rate per cycle, as I'm sure you know, is lower than with all the IVF drugs. I'm sure the doctor will take out his laptop and give you the numbers.

One thing they didn't warn me about: because the follicles are so small at the time of retrieval, the procedure hurts like hell. I have since had two retrievals with IVF (drugs included) and that was quite painless. If you are thinking of going this route, I would recommend you consider a spinal.

Hope this helps.

J&A

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:32 AM

Good day,

I was just wondering if you did get the info you needed on the Ovo Clinic. We just visited them this week and wonder if we should persue with them.

Thanks and good luck!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:22 AM

Good day,

I was just wondering if you did get the info you needed on the Ovo Clinic. We just visited them this week and wonder if we should persue with them.

Thanks and good luck!

Hi There,

At the clinic I am at I ask about natural IVF as well to avoid taking all the meds. The doctor discouraged me and mentioned that the results are much better if you take the drugs. I would like more info on natural IVF so, if you get any info please let me know. Thank you!!!

Best of luck!

Cheers,

Lola :)

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:01 AM

We're hoping to get some info too. Good luck.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

I had IFV in Ovo clinic last october. I did not get pregnant. What I can say.. they have done their job. I was on long protocol started with supression and after that with the stimulation: first Puregon which was switch to Repronex. I had 13 eggs, the retrival was not painfull at all, 11 fertilized, 2 were transfered and 5 frozen.
In my case everything was ok but my good quality embryos did not implanted. Doctors have done everything that depended on them, they were very kind and respondive on the IVF procedure issues. But I felt that they could not help you on some specific and individual problems. My doc told me that my failure was a bad luck and for us it was difficult to belive it. May be it is true but I think that they follow the clinic politics - only after 3 IVF you can say something wrong. I expected more. I know my case is a tricky one (their is no obvious reason) but I felt as a number at the end. May be everywhere else is like that...

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

I just tried 3 nIVF at OVO in fall of 2006. All relatively easy and do require some medication to prevent you from o on your own. I found the process a bit too unpredictable for my liking, I am going to be doing stimulated instead.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:08 PM

My question is .. those who went to OVO, would you stay there or switch to say McGill?
Dee :)

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:13 AM

Hi Dee,

It's me.....Nicole, from the IVM group.

I really like OVO but I have never been to another clinic so I am not sure I can help. You could always make an appointment with them and see what you think of them. I hear that Dr. Hemmings is great and he speaks english. The others speak english as well but I find I get better service with them in French. I am with Dr. Kadoch, what I love about him is that he always customizes the protocol to my needs, no standard protocols with him.

GL
Nicole

#10 whant2bamom

whant2bamom
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Clinic

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

I was at OVO at hated the impersonal approach. I totally just felt like a number instead of at the very least, a patient. At the Montreal Fertility Centre they recognize you as a person. I had the most amazing experience there although my husband and I have yet to succeed. We plan to continue our treatments with them.
Me: 31
Dh: 33
TTC: 3.5 yrs
Cause: Unexplained - all tests came back "normal"
6 cycles BD'd w/ fertility meds - 2 of those cycles were combined w/ IUI's - all 6 cycles were BFN
RE suspected MF - thought that sperm were not able to penetrate the egg
IVF#1 combined with ICSI - short protocol began taking meds CD 3
Stimmed w/ suprefact and puregon
8 eggs were retrieved - 3 of which were immature
3 eggs were done w/ ICSI - all fertilized
other 2 eggs were left to fertilize normally- both fertilized
1 embryo stopped developping second day after retrieval
2 embryo's were rated "good" quality and other 2 embryo's were of "poor" quality
decision was made to transfer all 4 on day 3 after retrieval - cycle ended in BFN
IVF#2 planned for jan or feb
RE recommends we try the long protocol where begin taking meds CD 21