UBC or Genesis IVF center

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

HI, girls:

I read the website about Genesis that their success rate is really attractive, but UBC website has not been updated, the success rate was yr 2004 rate. I am currently in UBC, so if I have to transfer to Genesis, I have to wait and my new doc. has to know my situation.

In UBC, there are a lot of great doctors as well, so do you think I should tranfer to Genesis.

I am almost 37, and IVF is really costly, so I really hope I can success in the 1st attempt.

Should I stay in UBC or transfer to Genesis

Thanks!

#2 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hi I was going to send you a PM (private message) but you need to enable it first.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hi I was going to send you a PM (private message) but you need to enable it first.

I am a new user, but how to enable the PM?

Thanks,

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:38 AM

Thanks,

Thank you, Minnie. I will try to enable the PM.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Thanks,

Thank you, Minnie. I will try to enable the PM.

#6 keeptrying

keeptrying
  • Cyclebase
  • 244 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hi there,
I don' think that UBC has the same technology and success rates that Genesis and PCRM have. I was a patient at Genesis for a year and was happy with the medical side of their practice but VERY UNHAPPY with the lack of emotional support and understanding. If this is your first IVF you will find that your emotional health will begin to peater out fairly quickly, and I truly beleive that that plays a role in your success. Make an appointment at PCRM, and even Victoria Ferility Clinic (I have heard the doctor there is amazing), as well as Genesis. Make a decision after you have met with each one. Make them work for your business. Don't dive in without asking every question you have. Don't feel presured to make a decision without feeling good about your choice. Good luck and keep us posted!
Me (36) DH (36) Married 6 years
TTC 6 years
Diagnosed mf (low counts morphology bad blah, blah, blah) (Dec 2007)
IVF ICSI #1 January 2008 (Genesis)
1st transfer BFN
FET #1 April 2008 BFN
Long break over summer
FET #2 November 2008 BFN
FET #3 Feb 2009 BFN
What to do????
Here we go again...
New Clinic (PCRM)
Lucky IVF/ICSI #2 July 2009
Transfer August 9, 2009
HPT 6dpt BFP!!!
Beta #1 8dpt 90!!!
Beta #2 10dpt 230!!!! It's real! It's real!
Our Baby Girl born May 6, 2010
Jan/Feb 2012..one more time frozen transfer to come
Transfer delayed
Final FET Transfer March 14, 2012
1 "OK" blast
Very faint BFP 5dp5dt
BFN to follow
Official BETA 8dp5dt BFN
This journey comes to an end...
Maybe not...
Follow-up with RE to discuss latest SA
Numbers up!!!! IUI to come...
First IUI Sept 24/2012
Post Wash 2.3 million 97%motile Good quality, low quantity.
BETA Oct 8/2012
HPT 10dpo very faint BFP
HPT 11dpo darker...
HPT 12dpo little darker...
BETA Oct 9/2012
BETA: 91
BETA #2 Oct 11/2012
BETA #2: 185 Just doubled...
Nov 1, 2012 U/S all good...

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hi there,
I don' think that UBC has the same technology and success rates that Genesis and PCRM have. I was a patient at Genesis for a year and was happy with the medical side of their practice but VERY UNHAPPY with the lack of emotional support and understanding. If this is your first IVF you will find that your emotional health will begin to peater out fairly quickly, and I truly beleive that that plays a role in your success. Make an appointment at PCRM, and even Victoria Ferility Clinic (I have heard the doctor there is amazing), as well as Genesis. Make a decision after you have met with each one. Make them work for your business. Don't dive in without asking every question you have. Don't feel presured to make a decision without feeling good about your choice. Good luck and keep us posted!

Yes. I planed to check it out, but my family doc. has to send a referral to the doc. before I make an appointment with the doc. It is a tough procedure for a woman who dreams to have a baby. I am thinking I only want to try once, if not succeed, I will adopt a baby.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

Hi

In the last year, I have done two cycles at UBC. I can't really comment on which clinic is better because I haven't been to Genesis, but I do want to tell you about my experience at UBC. Unfortunately, both cycles were unsuccessful. I am not surprised to see from other responses that their success rate is low.
My experience there was not positive. I don't doubt that there are good doctors there, but I think they have tried to take on too many patients and I was always left feeling like a number. I rarely saw the doctor that was assigned to my file, and when I did, he was never prepared for the meeting. In fact, was only reading the results of various tests as we were sitting in front of him. He also did not read our file or test results carefully. After our first failed cycle, he recommended starting at a higher dose the next time. Nobody followed his recommendation the second cycle (including himself). I realized this only after I read through our file after the second cycle. Although the nurses are nice, I found all the doctors to be very clinical and always very rushed.

I have heard better things about other clinics. As 'keeptrying' suggested, I would recommend talking to a few clinics if you can and asking them specific questions about your specific fertility conditions to see what they can and can't offer you. It is a lot of money, and the IVF process is very hard physically and emotionally, so I think it's better to take a bit of time to find a clinic that you feel comfortable and confident in.

I hope that helps, good luck!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

Hi

In the last year, I have done two cycles at UBC. I can't really comment on which clinic is better because I haven't been to Genesis, but I do want to tell you about my experience at UBC. Unfortunately, both cycles were unsuccessful. I am not surprised to see from other responses that their success rate is low.
My experience there was not positive. I don't doubt that there are good doctors there, but I think they have tried to take on too many patients and I was always left feeling like a number. I rarely saw the doctor that was assigned to my file, and when I did, he was never prepared for the meeting. In fact, was only reading the results of various tests as we were sitting in front of him. He also did not read our file or test results carefully. After our first failed cycle, he recommended starting at a higher dose the next time. Nobody followed his recommendation the second cycle (including himself). I realized this only after I read through our file after the second cycle. Although the nurses are nice, I found all the doctors to be very clinical and always very rushed.

I have heard better things about other clinics. As 'keeptrying' suggested, I would recommend talking to a few clinics if you can and asking them specific questions about your specific fertility conditions to see what they can and can't offer you. It is a lot of money, and the IVF process is very hard physically and emotionally, so I think it's better to take a bit of time to find a clinic that you feel comfortable and confident in.

I hope that helps, good luck!

Thank you, Atsa.

I will going to prepare those clinics. It is important to find the most comfortable one.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hi Love-Baby, please see the letter I sent to Genesis before I moved on to UBC (luckily right on time, before starting the treatment), hope it helps with your decision:

Attention: Genesis Team

I would like to express my deep disappointment at Genesis. Besides our already existing infertility based disappointments, you have also managed to add even more disappointment to our lives.

Since day one it has been a sequence of misinformation, added by lack of control and organization and now we are ready to give up and move on to another clinic.

Here are a couple of examples to illustrate what happened:

I was told by Dr. Yuspe to call the clinic at day 1 of my bleeding and advise the nurses. Due to my policistic ovaries, my period was late and I was told to take Provera. I've taken Provera before and knew about the risks of taking it while pregnant (a fact that was never brought to my attention by GENESIS). Knowing about the risks, I called Genesis and asked what precautions should I take before taking Provera, as we had been trying to conceive up to the previous week. This is when I've been told by the nurse on the phone that I should take a pharmacy pregnancy test and, if negative, I should go ahead and take Provera. I insisted on the point that the pharmacy test wouldn't detect a week old pregnancy, but she never changed her mind. Fortunately, I had done this before and knew what to do. I went to see my family doctor who gave me a requisition to go in for a blood test.

Fortunately, again, my period came and I did not have to take Provera after all. Yesterday I called Genesis to advise the nurses about day 1 of my cycle, when I got a call back from them, saying they "found out" that my rubella immunity was low and I had to go in for a shot, not being able to start with the treatment for another month. I was very surprised when I found out that Genesis was informed that my rubella immunity was low in July 2006, when the blood test was done after our first consultation. The reason why they only informed me about this now, in March 2007, when I was ready and about to start with my first IUI cycle gives me only one answer: LACK OF CONTROL, ORGANIZATION AND A TOTALLY CARELESS ATTITUDE. In addition, my family doctor advises a three month waiting period after the immunization, which contradicts the one month instructed by Genesis. And the list goes on. As well, may I ask why I was called at my office by Genesis when specifically instructed not to?

I am very disappointed at Genesis and I wish I had been in better hands, especially with such a serious matter as starting a family. I have absolutely no more trust on Genesis.

Therefore, I ask that you please gather the tests and whatever other paperwork that belongs to us and send to my family doctor at: -----

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

Hi Love-Baby, please see the letter I sent to Genesis before I moved on to UBC (luckily right on time, before starting the treatment), hope it helps with your decision:

Attention: Genesis Team

I would like to express my deep disappointment at Genesis. Besides our already existing infertility based disappointments, you have also managed to add even more disappointment to our lives.

Since day one it has been a sequence of misinformation, added by lack of control and organization and now we are ready to give up and move on to another clinic.

Here are a couple of examples to illustrate what happened:

I was told by Dr. Yuspe to call the clinic at day 1 of my bleeding and advise the nurses. Due to my policistic ovaries, my period was late and I was told to take Provera. I've taken Provera before and knew about the risks of taking it while pregnant (a fact that was never brought to my attention by GENESIS). Knowing about the risks, I called Genesis and asked what precautions should I take before taking Provera, as we had been trying to conceive up to the previous week. This is when I've been told by the nurse on the phone that I should take a pharmacy pregnancy test and, if negative, I should go ahead and take Provera. I insisted on the point that the pharmacy test wouldn't detect a week old pregnancy, but she never changed her mind. Fortunately, I had done this before and knew what to do. I went to see my family doctor who gave me a requisition to go in for a blood test.

Fortunately, again, my period came and I did not have to take Provera after all. Yesterday I called Genesis to advise the nurses about day 1 of my cycle, when I got a call back from them, saying they "found out" that my rubella immunity was low and I had to go in for a shot, not being able to start with the treatment for another month. I was very surprised when I found out that Genesis was informed that my rubella immunity was low in July 2006, when the blood test was done after our first consultation. The reason why they only informed me about this now, in March 2007, when I was ready and about to start with my first IUI cycle gives me only one answer: LACK OF CONTROL, ORGANIZATION AND A TOTALLY CARELESS ATTITUDE. In addition, my family doctor advises a three month waiting period after the immunization, which contradicts the one month instructed by Genesis. And the list goes on. As well, may I ask why I was called at my office by Genesis when specifically instructed not to?

I am very disappointed at Genesis and I wish I had been in better hands, especially with such a serious matter as starting a family. I have absolutely no more trust on Genesis.

Therefore, I ask that you please gather the tests and whatever other paperwork that belongs to us and send to my family doctor at: -----

Thank you, Hope09! I strong believe you will make your dream come true in 2009. You will be lucky 2009.

I will meet my doc. in UBC in May, and after that, I will make my decision. Everyone gave me warm suggestion. Thanks a lot.

Every person feels different based on different experience. We will follow our heart and find out the most comfortable place to get PG.

As women, we really want to have a baby and watch him/her grow, but we need the help from the clinics. Hope all the clinics take us as a person not a number. They can listent to us and understand us, treat us as their sisters, their families; we hope that they feel our pain and know our hope.

Thanks Hope09 and everyone. I like to share your stories and your success in the near future (in 2009).

#12 Maya_

Maya_
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

Hi love-baby,

I'd add my 2 cents. I've been a patient at UBC fertility for almost 3 years. Last December, when our first IVF failed we seeked a transfer to PCRM. We met with the doctor at PCRM twice in January and in February expressing our desire to start a new cycle in April. At our January consultation, the doctor assured us that everything would be ready to start in April. We shouldn't worry.

Weeks passed by, we submitted our consent forms and updated all tests, then in the second week of March, PCRM's nurse called and said that we were missing counselling reports, which could not be completed for several weeks longer. Like, they knew about conselling reports back in January and if they were proactive right from the beginning, we would have started our cycle in April, as promised.

I almost had a nervous breakdown dealing with PCRM. We never knew the final amount of the fees, they always seemed to grow, and we had no idea what was going on in terms of paperwork. They were playing a telephone tag, calling my home number instead of cell, while I was at work, then disappearing for days, so I couldn't contact them. Also, the clinic's location is very inconvenient if you take public transit.

In the end, we decided to stay at UBC. We just completed a superovulation cycle, and now I am in a two week wait. If that doesn't work, we intend to do the next IVF at UBC.

Best of luck to you!
Maya
Me: 44, DH: older
14 years TTC
2006 - first visit to fertility clinic
7 IUIs (BFN)
2 IVFs (BFN)
Nov 2010 IVF own eggs m/c at 8 weeks
May 2012 DE IVF m/c at 6 weeks
Aug 2013 - DE FET twin pregnancy, m/c at 8 weeks
Nov 2014 - DE FET (BFN)
Jan 2015 - DE FET (BFP) - miracle baby boy born.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi love-baby,

I'd add my 2 cents. I've been a patient at UBC fertility for almost 3 years. Last December, when our first IVF failed we seeked a transfer to PCRM. We met with the doctor at PCRM twice in January and in February expressing our desire to start a new cycle in April. At our January consultation, the doctor assured us that everything would be ready to start in April. We shouldn't worry.

Weeks passed by, we submitted our consent forms and updated all tests, then in the second week of March, PCRM's nurse called and said that we were missing counselling reports, which could not be completed for several weeks longer. Like, they knew about conselling reports back in January and if they were proactive right from the beginning, we would have started our cycle in April, as promised.

I almost had a nervous breakdown dealing with PCRM. We never knew the final amount of the fees, they always seemed to grow, and we had no idea what was going on in terms of paperwork. They were playing a telephone tag, calling my home number instead of cell, while I was at work, then disappearing for days, so I couldn't contact them. Also, the clinic's location is very inconvenient if you take public transit.

In the end, we decided to stay at UBC. We just completed a superovulation cycle, and now I am in a two week wait. If that doesn't work, we intend to do the next IVF at UBC.

Best of luck to you!
Maya

Hi, Maya:

Thank you for your email!

I strongly hope you would be PG by this superovalation!!!

Best luck!

#14 M2B

M2B
  • 30 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Hi all,

I am currently with UBC and I already had one IVF cycle with them. It was negative at the end.
I don't have anything bad to say for UBC except that I think that maybe they have older equipment than Genesis. The doctors and specially the nurses were very nice, knowledgeable, open for conversation and willing to help every time I called them.
The only think that bugs me is that I had lots of good quality eggs and embryos later on and they didnít manage to freeze any of them. They said that the embryos didnít survive day 5 but actually I believe that the dish media was not suitable or the incubator wasnít right for them. I feel that something went wrong on the other side of the embryologistís door. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I feel.
If I got pregnant probably I wouldnít have cared about it so much but I didnít and know I have to start all over again.
Iíll make appointment with Genesis and talk with them as well. Iíll ask for second opinion and than Iíll decide whether Iíll do my next IVF with UBC or Genesis. I think that this one will be my last try as well. I hope to get + but in the bad case scenario I want to have some embryos saved.

I hope this helped.

M2B
TTC - 3 years (male factor)
Me - 29 DH - 35

IVF #1 - January 2009
Jan 09 - Started Sinarel
Called in AF and Started Gonal-F injections
ER (retrieved 17 eggs, 14 mature, 12 fertilized) and started Prometrium capsules
ET (transferred 2 - 8 cells embryos grade 1 and grade 2)
Feb 09 - Beta positive but very low, only 10
Beta negative, m/c

IVF #2 - July 2009
ER (retrieved 23 edds, 17 mature, 16 fertilized)
No ET due to multinucleation

Sep 18th 2009 - DH had Varicocele Microsurgery Repair
Nov 30th 2009 - I got pregnant the old fashion way
We are soooo happy!!!

#15 Maya_

Maya_
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

Our superovulation cycle resulted in BFN, so I am now not sure if I want to cycle at UBC again. We had the same situation as M2B - great embryos that didn't make it to day 5.
Me: 44, DH: older
14 years TTC
2006 - first visit to fertility clinic
7 IUIs (BFN)
2 IVFs (BFN)
Nov 2010 IVF own eggs m/c at 8 weeks
May 2012 DE IVF m/c at 6 weeks
Aug 2013 - DE FET twin pregnancy, m/c at 8 weeks
Nov 2014 - DE FET (BFN)
Jan 2015 - DE FET (BFP) - miracle baby boy born.

#16 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:Immunological

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:59 AM

I've done three fresh cycles at UBC. All three times we had great embryos transfered, perfect 8 celled embryos. Not once did we ever have anything to freeze. I also had the feeling that there is something wrong with their lab. Funny how at least two of us have this feeling. It's nothing concrete, but I feel something is wrong there.

There is also PCRM to consider, besides Genesis. PCRM is newer and I think they have better stats that Genesis.

#17 Kellyanne

Kellyanne
  • Global 100+
  • 803 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

I just wanted to leave a quick note about my opinion of UBC.

At 1st I was so in love with the idea of going there. I didn't know better. I had nothing to compare it to at the time. I would go in the morning, super early so I can be the 1st for the ultrasound. We all herded into the wait room with our lil numbers. I would have my appt with the doctor student? Never got the chance to meet the actual doctor who was written on my prescriptions.

I ended up moving to the States and got insurance that covers infertility. I found myself a new clinic, and it seems that the smaller clinics have less patients, and seem to be more personable. And just seem to put a lil extra into your care. Plus the fast appt. dates are nice too, cause when youre trying to get pregnant a month waiting for an appointment seems like a year.
Me:30 Dh:30
TTC: 5 years
pcos/mfi

2009:
2 injectable iui's
1 ivf
1 fet

2010:
ttc break
Lost 70lbs
June 7th: BFP! holy cow!
June 9th:Beta 84!
June 11th:Beta 228!
June 13th:Beta 531!
June 16th:Beta 1404!
June 17th US:Gestational Sac!
June 22nd: started spotting-beta 10681
Feb 8th:Isaac was born! 8lbs =)

#18 Adrienne

Adrienne

BiCentennial

• 426 posts
  • Interests:Now on Twitter (organik4life)

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

Hi there,

I don't have any knowledge as to how Genesis or UBC are, other than the fact that we were supposed to have done our cycle in Vancouver but after a few mishaps we decided to try Victoria Fertility Clinic and it couldn't have been a better choice, it was meant to be.
I have never had a better experience in my life, Dr.Hudson was the most amazing Doctor and human being and so are all of his staff. I don't know if I would have had a positive result had it not been for him and when I had severe OHSS, he came home early from his Christmas holidays, called in nurses and opened the clinic just for me. He goes above and beyond and worries about each patient and he does every u/s and every procedure himself.
If you want any more opinions on VFC just look up VFC under the clinics and you can read many stories.

Good luck choosing a clinic and with IVF,

Adrienne
ME:28 DH:29
TTC since 2005
Male factor infertility
IVF#1
Started Marvelon Oct 14th
Started Suprefact injections Nov 24th
Started Gonal F and Luveris Dec 5th
1st u/s 8 follies-increased Gonal F
ER Dec 19th
9 Eggs retrieved-8 mature
ET Dec 22nd- transfered 2 (none to freeze)
Now the 2ww!
Dec 29-severe OHSS (hospitalized, fluid drained)
12dp3dt beta= over 200 BFP
1st u/s Feb 4th, at 9 weeks, 1 baby!
It's a Boy!

Cooper James Horbas, born Sept 3rd 2009, 7lbs 5 ozs

#19 Hopefulparent1

Hopefulparent1
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

Ladies,

I went to the UBC clinic today. Dr Williams was great as she has been so far. Great attitude and so so caring. I asked her the questions about the embyo storage and why some do not make it past 5 days. I also asked her about the ultra sound embryo transfer technique. Everything is available there and UBC is not behind in terms of technology. Dr Taylor at Genesis was OK, though we did not go past 1st apointment so I am not sure how it would have been later. Though Dr Taylor was not as amiable as Dr Williams has been.

I will be on vacation in Dec so we will start our cycle in Jan perhaps. I hope Dr Willaims is able to get me pregnent the first time.

#20 M2B

M2B
  • 30 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

Hi all,

I am currently with UBC and I already had one IVF cycle with them. It was negative at the end.
I don't have anything bad to say for UBC except that I think that maybe they have older equipment than Genesis. The doctors and specially the nurses were very nice, knowledgeable, open for conversation and willing to help every time I called them.
The only think that bugs me is that I had lots of good quality eggs and embryos later on and they didnít manage to freeze any of them. They said that the embryos didnít survive day 5 but actually I believe that the dish media was not suitable or the incubator wasnít right for them. I feel that something went wrong on the other side of the embryologistís door. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I feel.
If I got pregnant probably I wouldnít have cared about it so much but I didnít and know I have to start all over again.
Iíll make appointment with Genesis and talk with them as well. Iíll ask for second opinion and than Iíll decide whether Iíll do my next IVF with UBC or Genesis. I think that this one will be my last try as well. I hope to get + but in the bad case scenario I want to have some embryos saved.

I hope this helped.

M2B

Hi there,

I just wanted to add in addition to my previus comment from above.I did another IVF but this time in Genesis and we didn't manage to do the ET. I got great eggs and embryos same as in UBC but after day 2 they all got multinucleation. That been said I can say that both clinics were great UBC and Genesis. Obviously our problem was the embryo quality. My husband did the varicocele surgery and now we are hoping that the semen numbers will get better.

Take care,
M2B
TTC - 3 years (male factor)
Me - 29 DH - 35

IVF #1 - January 2009
Jan 09 - Started Sinarel
Called in AF and Started Gonal-F injections
ER (retrieved 17 eggs, 14 mature, 12 fertilized) and started Prometrium capsules
ET (transferred 2 - 8 cells embryos grade 1 and grade 2)
Feb 09 - Beta positive but very low, only 10
Beta negative, m/c

IVF #2 - July 2009
ER (retrieved 23 edds, 17 mature, 16 fertilized)
No ET due to multinucleation

Sep 18th 2009 - DH had Varicocele Microsurgery Repair
Nov 30th 2009 - I got pregnant the old fashion way
We are soooo happy!!!

#21 noname

noname
  • 45 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

genesis ivf or ubc ivf? which one is better
I am 34.
Miscarry once, trying for 2 years still no baby. Go through all tests as normal. Dr suggested to do IVF.
not sure which one I should go.....please help!!
Feeling desperate and stressful!!
I am with UBC now, Dr. put me on clomiphene therapy. If there is no luck, next step would be IVF! When he told me the percentages to get pregnant at my age and percentages to get pregnant from the treatment. I started to cry once I step out from the Dr. office, I know I am a bit silly but I couldn't hold my tears any more. For the limitation of the money, I need advise for the clinic even I understand there is no 100% guarantee.

Thank you for support.

#22 cherry88

cherry88
  • 73 posts
  • My Clinic:UBC then VFC

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

My recommendation would be to make appts at the clinics you are interested in. That is what I wished I did. My GP referred me to UBC and at that time I didnt know any better. I have done 3 failed cycles there and while I dont have anything negative to say in terms of how I was treated (they R all very nice) I do have a few concerns. I am going to PCRM and Victoria for consultations and will cycle at either one next.

See About Me Page

#23 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Read my blog entry, I didn't mention in the blog that UBC was the first clinic I went to, but it was. I still get angry knowing they wasted so much of my time, but at least we figured everything out before starting our cycle. I think the reason they have lower success numbers is because they tend to have older patients.

https://ivf.ca/forums...ry-pre-icsipgd/

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details