2 replies to this topic

#1 IVFWarrior

IVFWarrior
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

I saw Dr. DV for my first year of IF treatments (in 2008). During this time, I was diagnosised with 'unexplained infertility' and proceeded to do 3 x IUI (with injectables), 1 x IVF (severly overstimulated = OHSS) and 1 x FET. All of these resulted in BFN. When I asked Dr DV if we should do more testing, investigating, all he wanted to do was go right into another IVF. This was a red flag for me. Something did not feel right.

So I switched to another clinic. Within 2 weeks of me seeing my new doctor, I was properly diagnosised (finally) with PCOS and an unicornuate uterus (UU). The UU is a rare congential abnormality meaning I was born without one of my fallopian tubes. This diagnosis greatly impacts the way I need to be treated -- IUI's would likely NEVER work, and with IVF I can only ever have 1 embie transfered due to size of uterus/no left tube.

I am stunned, shocked, dissapointed that Dr DV did not discover this while I was under his care -- the fact that a woman only has 1 fallopian tube should have been found during his testing. Instead he said 'everything is fine'. It is so not fine.

I feel like I wasted $20K with this improper diagnosis -- the IUI's were a waste of time. Also, my health could've been jeapardized when I had 4 embies transferred during my FET -- I could NEVER have carried more than 1!

Anyways, I am not slamming Dr DV or his clinic. I only want to share my story in hopes that others do not find themselves in the same boat. If you are with Dr DV, just ensure he is curious and digging for an individual diagnosis.
Me: 38 DH: 40
Diagnosis: PCOS, Endo & Unicornuate Uterus 
Cycle 1: IUI #1 Jan 2008 BFN
Cycle 2: IUI #2 March 2008 BFN
Cycle 3: IUI #3 May 2008 BFN
Cycle 4: IVF #1 Aug 2008 BFN
Cycle 5: FET #1 Oct 2008: BFN
Cycle 6: IVF #2 Feb 2009: BFN
Cycle 7: IVF #3 June 2009: BFN
Cycle 8: FET #2 Sept 2009: BFN
Cycle 9: IVF #4 Dec 2009. BFN
Cycle 10:IVF #5 April 2010 with surro BFN
Cycle 11:FET #3 May 2010 with surro BFN Time to move onto to DE..... 
Cycle 12: IVF #6 Sept 2010 BFP!
#1 Beta - 750; #2 Beta - 2,239; #3 Beta - 6,008; #4 Beta - 23,135
6w4d - Twins! Baby A 108bpm & Baby B 110bpm!
7w5d - Baby A no heart beat & Baby B 145bpm.
Our baby boy born May 2011 tipping the scales at 5lbs 8oz - a tiny peanut!  

Cycle 13: FET #4 Feb 2013 - BFN 

Cycle 14: FET #5 April 2013 - 1 blast transferred April 2.  BFP!
Beta#1 - 159;  #2 - 294; #3 - 666; #4 - 2,419
Due December 20 with another BOY!

6ecUm4.png

#2 Duck

Duck
  • Cyclebase
  • 1851 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

Hi,
I'm just looking into this clinic and I find this to be really disturbing - so sorry to hear about it. Did he do a sonohystergram? If so what was the result? How could he miss this and PCOS? The sucess rates on his website are really high, so much higher then any of hte other clinics in toronto, so that is why i am considering going there....

I saw Dr. DV for my first year of IF treatments (in 2008). During this time, I was diagnosised with 'unexplained infertility' and proceeded to do 3 x IUI (with injectables), 1 x IVF (severly overstimulated = OHSS) and 1 x FET. All of these resulted in BFN. When I asked Dr DV if we should do more testing, investigating, all he wanted to do was go right into another IVF. This was a red flag for me. Something did not feel right.

So I switched to another clinic. Within 2 weeks of me seeing my new doctor, I was properly diagnosised (finally) with PCOS and an unicornuate uterus (UU). The UU is a rare congential abnormality meaning I was born without one of my fallopian tubes. This diagnosis greatly impacts the way I need to be treated -- IUI's would likely NEVER work, and with IVF I can only ever have 1 embie transfered due to size of uterus/no left tube.

I am stunned, shocked, dissapointed that Dr DV did not discover this while I was under his care -- the fact that a woman only has 1 fallopian tube should have been found during his testing. Instead he said 'everything is fine'. It is so not fine.

I feel like I wasted $20K with this improper diagnosis -- the IUI's were a waste of time. Also, my health could've been jeapardized when I had 4 embies transferred during my FET -- I could NEVER have carried more than 1!

Anyways, I am not slamming Dr DV or his clinic. I only want to share my story in hopes that others do not find themselves in the same boat. If you are with Dr DV, just ensure he is curious and digging for an individual diagnosis.

Diagnosed with endometrosis at age 19

5 pelvic surgeries

2 IVF, numerous FETs

2 different gestational carriers

Now mother of 2 year old twins.

#3 Mira79

Mira79
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hello everyone,

I decided to share my experience with Repromed for all I went through for almost one year.

I was been transferred from Montreal hospital to Repromed (I know it is + 411 miles but we did not have choice).

We transferred our file to the clinic, I had a fibroid 6cm (back at this time on October 2013),everything was going well, even if there is lack of information, you can't know detailed steps about what you suppose to do.

We started the transfer on December 2013, at this time my fibroid become bigger it was 8cm, my husband asked if we should wait, have surgery first as we paid alot of money and we have only 4 embryos, Dr. D said no it is fine, some women will get pregnant with this. After 12 days from the transfer I got the worst pain in the word, and bleeding .. went to the hospital the pregnant was negative but my fibroid increased to 10cm..

I had surgery after 3 months .. and after 4 months from the surgery called the clinic to start the ivf second cycle, told Dr. D that as per my doctor we should wait until I have surgery as my fibroid was big! all he said that some decision has made!

as there is huge lack of information, after I  traveled 411 miles I discover that there are over $2000 that I should pay, no one informed me about this, no emails no calls, the girl at the counter said I sent an email, but she cannot prove, she never sent .. when I protest specially I dont have the amount with me as no one told me about (I usually don't hang out with $2300 and travel with all these miles), Dr. D was so angry and said a lot of things he should not say to a patient (like were I am thinking at? a restaurant)?, not professional way at all. I paid +$12000 and I deserve as a patient to be aware about everything, and I request more professionalism!

He refused to do anything unless I pay, at the end we had agreement to pay $300 now and $700 when I go back. I insisted to have a copy of the email that the receptionist pretend to send, until now almost one month no emails, just a lie!