• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

Sally, I am very sorry for your painful experience :(

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

I was at TCART from May 2007 to November 2007 and never had any issues with them at all. I never felt like they gave us false hope. From the beginning we were told of the low success rates of IUIs and we still did 3 of them (all failed). I also never felt like they treated me like a number or a business case. We were in there for unexplained infertility and at the end of it all we still didn't know what caused it. We also never did end up getting PG off alternative methods but in the end, I would never have blamed that on the clinic since they can only do so much to help us get PG. The rest is up to nature.

I didn't mind having a different Dr each IUI or even each u/s because I knew they work on shifts. I would have never expected "my" Dr to be there on long weekends and such just because it was the day of my IUI. I dealt mainly with Dr. Bentov and Dr. Casper but Dr. Claessens and Dr. Graham did 2 of my IUIs. No biggie.

As for the receptionists, they were always very polite and nice to me. Even remembered my name when I'd go in - and I'm no chatty type. Even when calling in to speak to Francine (my nurse), first they'd ask me to hold to see if they could get her to answer the call. If not, then they'd take a message. Francine ALWAYS called me back by 2pm that day. If Francine wasn't in, someone else would call me back.

When I did my IVF consult with Dr. Casper he was very patient in answering all my questions (I had 22 written down) and explained things in depth to me. Never once, with him or any of the others, did I have to explain what protocol I was on, what meds I was taking, what day I was on or anything. They knew it all by the time I walked into the u/s room.

It's unfortunate that so many people have had bad experiences here because the couple of people I personally know going to TCART for alternative methods have had similar positive experiences to me.

#28 pisces123

pisces123
  • Global 100+
  • 171 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

After researching and hearing numerous positive reviews, we decided to start our journey at TCART. I'm sure there are a lot of couples who've had wonderful experiences with TCART, but we are not one of those couples. We experience the same problems as mentioned earlier: lack of professional staff, condescending, nearly impossible to reach a nurse to ask questions/get answers (email would take 1-3days, and forget about phone calls), we met our "doctor" only once at our initial consult but that was it - we never saw him afterwards (not even for before, during or after a procedure or IUI), being treated like cattle and being passed around between doctors and nurses (whoever was on call - they didn't know my name or what my protocol was, and would make decisions on a daily basis)...but of course TCART was always available whenever we owed them $$$. Finally - I was diagnosed with an abnormal uterus (by a surgeon and another RE). Both the surgeon and RE took the time to follow up with us and educate us on the diagnosis, what it meant, etc....when we called to ask to book a follow up appointment with our TCART "doctor", he told us everything looked great, and encouraged us to start IVF ASAP! At that very moment, we decided to take our business elsewhere, and surprise surprise Ė thatís when TCART started to show concern.
Just like shopping for a new pair of shoes, you have to try several one before you find the perfect fit. Infertility business is a money making machine, and every clinic is in business to make money. After 2.5yrs of no results (no pregnancy, lack of communication/consultation/support), and talking to our GP (who also was not happy with how TCART was treating us), we smartened up and left. We are very happy that we made the move to our present RE (in 1.5yrs Iím now pregnant).
I want to stress again that Iím sure there are several couples who are thrilled and have had their dreams come true thanks to TCART. However, our personal experience totally sucked, and it was a dark time in our lives. My husband and I are thrilled that we left TCART and went elsewhere and found an RE that suits our needs.

#29 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2561 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:51 AM

I second you about McGill. I complained about many, many things and clearly McGill doesn't act on feedback as my friend is now reliving all of my frustrations. TCart sounded so promising when I talked to Dr. Bentov and said that I'd have email addresses and phone numbers for him and for a nurse, and that I'd hear back on any questions within a day. It sounded pretty good. It's confusing that there are such mixed reviews on TCART, with some people loving them and others having a miserable experience.

How does one ever choose??!!

Wow - thanks for the info!

I went to McGill and had a very similar experience. I wrote a letter to my RE there and plan to post it in the McGill section so that others will know about my experience there. I felt like a number and also felt like my treatment was cookie-cutter.

Where did you ladies decide to cycle instead?

Me: 44 (sigh) DB is 40 (Dear boyfriend!)

TTC from March 2009-March 2011 before DB had arrived on the scene
About 9 IUIs, 3 IVFs total

2 pregnancies with 7 week miscarriage requiring D&C
2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.
Sept 2011 Natural BFP while trying not to conceive (how ironic)
First Beta Day 15 from LMP was 851, Beta 4, 19 days post ovulation 5382
7wk US showed a heartbeat of 150! 9 wk US HB 185

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#30 SangrealMazimur

SangrealMazimur

The Pincushion

• Global 100+
  • 969 posts
  • Interests:sometimes knitter, gamer girl, love to read, movies of almost all kinds
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:TCART

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:13 AM

It's really tough. I've been with TCART for a year now and I have mixed feelings. One I think some of the nurses (well one) act kinda fake...another comes off bitchy, but then the rest are so sweet and caring. I've had one receptionist who I think is horridly rude and abrupt...but the others have made me laugh and are calm.

Dr. Bentov is my doctor, and the first round of IVF, I didn't really see him much after the initial consult. The doctors do shifts...but I kind of like this because it means that if anything doesn't feel right, any of the doctors can pick up the file and go over it.

I've never had issues with them getting back to me. I don't know who pices nurse was, but mine is pretty quick on e-mails and I typically get called back same day.

I do find that you have to keep on top of the doctors.
My gyno was not happy that I wasn't pregnant yet. He felt that perhaps I might want to think about switching and we thought about it. We decided to do our FET's there and see what happened. I got pregnant on both, though both have ended in m/c. Now, my gyno also said that I have to be in charge here. After each cycle you must schedule an appointment with your RE and discuss the previous cycle, what worked and what didn't. Most RE's won't do a follow-up unless you request it. I have done so twice now and each time we have adjusted my protocol and I think we've finally found the right combo.

It's not always going to be first time and BINGO! The doctors need to figure out what works for your body and what doesn't.

If things don't go right with this next IVF and the doctor can't tell me why after all the tests and talking we've done...then I might switch. But currently my doctor has a history of where we are and we've been tweaking it here and there.

I hope your time there goes well. Just realize that I've heard the staff at other places are worse than TCART. It's just something that's going to happen. But also know that if you don't feel right, then by all means switch it up.

Me: 33 DH: 39
TTC: Since Valentine's day 2008
Fur Friends: Spirit , Shadow
DH and I have been together since I was 19

When we get pregnant it will be the first baby on
each side.

First IVF: Jan 2009
Protocol: Suprefact, Marvelon, Puregon, Menopur
ET: Jan 31, BETA test Feb 12 BFN
FET#1 BETA first was 53 second was 0 05/07/2010 BFN
FET#2 September 2010 -ET Sept 9 3-3day 4cell, 5cell hatched, 8cell. BETA#1 71.6 11DP3DT. m/c at 6weeks. Poor Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Dam...they put up a good fight.

IVF #2 April/May 2011 Suprefact, Pregon, Low Dose HCG. ER estimated for May 12/, transfered 1 beautiful blast and 1 nearly blast on May 17th. On .5 HCG every 3 days. None to freeze. Beta May 31 BFN. Sky and Walker continue to resist the Dark Side

IVF#3
April/May 2013 Superfact .2, Puregon 200 upped to 250, Menupur 75, HCG trigger, progesterone support, intra-lipids. 26 retrieved, 17 mature, 15 blasts (1)3AA- (14)4AD-4AA, 2 transferred on our 7th wedding anniversary. Beta: June 10th, 5 days before my birthday.

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1,111 second beta over 2,300. First u/s shows one bean just  day behind. Heart was fluttering away. Also showed a 2cm SCH. Not concerned, but told to take it easy. Continue with intra-lipids until week 22.banana.gif second u/s shows SCH is smaller. H/b at 142bpm. Third u/s shows tracking right on time, SCH gone and h/b at 166 bpm

Bruce Anthony Scott was born January 23, 2014 at 8:45am weighting 8 pound, 9 ounces and 21 inches long. Our hearts are bursting with love. babyboy.gif 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#31 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2561 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Thank you
I think I've decided to be at peace with staying put, and cycling at home again. It is the chromosomal testing that interested me, and my RE has convinced me that it is just too experimental right now. I think I'm going to listen to him

I really appreciate your advice though..thank you!

It's really tough. I've been with TCART for a year now and I have mixed feelings. One I think some of the nurses (well one) act kinda fake...another comes off bitchy, but then the rest are so sweet and caring. I've had one receptionist who I think is horridly rude and abrupt...but the others have made me laugh and are calm.

Dr. Bentov is my doctor, and the first round of IVF, I didn't really see him much after the initial consult. The doctors do shifts...but I kind of like this because it means that if anything doesn't feel right, any of the doctors can pick up the file and go over it.

I've never had issues with them getting back to me. I don't know who pices nurse was, but mine is pretty quick on e-mails and I typically get called back same day.

I do find that you have to keep on top of the doctors.
My gyno was not happy that I wasn't pregnant yet. He felt that perhaps I might want to think about switching and we thought about it. We decided to do our FET's there and see what happened. I got pregnant on both, though both have ended in m/c. Now, my gyno also said that I have to be in charge here. After each cycle you must schedule an appointment with your RE and discuss the previous cycle, what worked and what didn't. Most RE's won't do a follow-up unless you request it. I have done so twice now and each time we have adjusted my protocol and I think we've finally found the right combo.

It's not always going to be first time and BINGO! The doctors need to figure out what works for your body and what doesn't.

If things don't go right with this next IVF and the doctor can't tell me why after all the tests and talking we've done...then I might switch. But currently my doctor has a history of where we are and we've been tweaking it here and there.

I hope your time there goes well. Just realize that I've heard the staff at other places are worse than TCART. It's just something that's going to happen. But also know that if you don't feel right, then by all means switch it up.

Me: 44 (sigh) DB is 40 (Dear boyfriend!)

TTC from March 2009-March 2011 before DB had arrived on the scene
About 9 IUIs, 3 IVFs total

2 pregnancies with 7 week miscarriage requiring D&C
2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.
Sept 2011 Natural BFP while trying not to conceive (how ironic)
First Beta Day 15 from LMP was 851, Beta 4, 19 days post ovulation 5382
7wk US showed a heartbeat of 150! 9 wk US HB 185

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#32 Dreamofbaby

Dreamofbaby
  • 52 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

I recently had IVF with TCART and found them to be wonderful. I found the receptionist to be a bit rude but the Dr.'s and nurses were great. Dr. Casper was my Doctor and during the egg retrieval, my husband stayed in the waiting room (as per my request, I didn't want him to see me like that...lol) and Dr. Casper asked if he was coming in and I said No, and he said Ok, I'll sit with you then, and he sat beside me the whole time which gave me a sense of comfort. For the embryo transfer I had Dr. Chang who was great and so funny. He had a wonderful personality and made me feel really positive about everything. Unfortunately, it didn't work and I'm still not pregnant but we have 2 frozen embryo's and will try once more.

Me: 36
DH: 45
TTC: 5 years
-10 Failed IUI's
-Dec. 2011 IVF#1 - 10 eggs retrieved, only 6 mature
-4 successfully fertilized
-Dec. 2011- IVF#1 transferred 2 grade A embryo's - BFN
-Froze last 2 Embryo's
-March 2012 - FET, only one survived, did assisted hatching - BFN
Next step- cycle review with Dr. to see why my cycles failed
-Dr. said "no known reason" and suggests trying IVF again.
-Scheduling a Hysterscopy first before we go any further
-dec. 2012, laparoscopy and d and c, found left ovary stuck to bowel
-ttc naturally for year
-February 2014 natural iui, bfn

-July 2014 natural iui, perfect looking cycle - BFN :(cry.gif