#1 Sammy18

Sammy18
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:57 PM

Hi Im Sammy newbie here,

was hoping someone have an answers to my questions.

I been Dr.Virro patient for 8 years now. did 1 negative IVF cycle and negative 2 frozen FET-IVF cycles and so we left with frozen embryos, then I decided to take a long 3 years break since dr virro recommended to do more investigation and tests and to do a fresh IVF cycle I do have my funded IVF not used yet but now I'm 40 and thought I would better try one more time before I gave up for good .

I emaild MFC today and found out that Dr Virro is retiring end of this month ;(.
I'm thinking of switching clinic, It was a very long drive to Markham anyway, I live in Oakville,

So to cut it short my questions are

If I switch clinic would I be able to transfer my embryos and My funded IVF as well or I will be put on waiting list all over again.

I also need some recommendation for fertility clinics near Oakville, Burlington or Mississauga, was thinking of Newlife in Mississauga but the reviews was horrible and I really want a friendly and Organized place.

If we decided on staying in MFC for the funded IVF which doctor do you recommending out of the 3 over there now?

Thank you 

#2 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 94 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 07 October 2021 - 08:09 AM

Each clinic is allowed to manage their waitlist how they see fit. If you changed you probably would be put at the bottom of the list but some clinics give older ladies higher priority. It is worth calling around because some clinics have surprisingly short waits. There is a lot of variability in waitlists. You can transfer embryos wherever you want. They are your property.

Good luck. I can't recommend my clinic and it isn't in your area, but it has zero wait. It seems like the clinics with shorter waits follow the assembly line model, so pick your poison.

You are allowed to be on multiple waitlists.

• Sammy18 likes this

#3 Sammy18

Sammy18
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:06 AM

Thank you cotton for replying will call multiple clinics then and ask. I was hoping I transfer my file includes the government funded ivf but i guess I have to make my choice. Thank u

#4 Sammy18

Sammy18
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:08 AM

Forgot to ask what the assembly line model means?

#5 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 94 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 07 October 2021 - 01:30 PM

It means huge numbers of patients, lots of waiting then you only get a few minutes of face time with the RE, not very individualized care, nobody answers the phone. All the "fun" stuff.