#1 SSD

SSD
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Karma

Posted 24 August 2021 - 10:38 PM

Hi,
I was on a timed intercourse cycle. I was taking Puregon 75 iu from CD3 . My body was responding well with the medication. On CD 15 , my follicle was 18 mm and LH surge was high. So, RE asked me to take Ovidrel shot. Within half an hour of the shot , I started having cramps . I thought it may be the side effect of the shot but next day morning the ultrasound shows that the follicle was not there and the nurse said that I have already ovulated. They predicted the ovulation should occur after 36 hours of the shot and asked me to do intercourse next day and the day after I took the shot . Why my ovulation happened just after the shot and not after 36 hours ? Is this normal ? We missed this cycle just because RE predicted wrong . I am so upset ! :-(

#2 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 94 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 25 August 2021 - 07:21 AM

The egg can survive 12 or 24 hours so if you got down to business in time you're not out.

I've asked about premature ovulation from my clinic and they just shrug their shoulders. They view it as a numbers game I guess and when you happen to be the unlucky number they don't really have anything to say for you.

#3 SSD

SSD
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:05 AM

The egg can survive 12 or 24 hours so if you got down to business in time you're not out.

I've asked about premature ovulation from my clinic and they just shrug their shoulders. They view it as a numbers game I guess and when you happen to be the unlucky number they don't really have anything to say for you.

#4 SSD

SSD
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:22 AM

That's exactly what my clinic did. They are also saying that it is "good" that my body responded on its own. Is it really true? I have 30 day cycle and I suppose to ovulate on CD 15 trigger shot or not . I do not understand why they have expected me to ovulate on CD 16 or 17 when the purpose of shot is to make a person ovulate. Am I in a wrong treatment or the problem is within my body ?

#5 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 94 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:22 AM

Your body started ovulating on its own. I think the shot had nothing to do with it.

If you had intercourse anywhere the week prior and if there is favourable cervical mucus there could have been live sperm waiting for the egg. In the future be sure to have sex the day before the abstaining period as a back up. 

Fingers crossed it worked!

#6 SSD

SSD
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:40 AM

Yes we did once before . Hope it worked. Thanks for your reply !