August 2021 IVF/FET

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:58 PM

Hormones and high stakes that is for sure! Hope you are warmer today. The sun came out.

I did get more good news today. 

Transfer Sept 13

Beta 1 Mon. Sept 27: 777 at 14/15dp6dt. Progesterone 37.3

Beta 2 Wed. Sept 29: 1916; Progesterone 43

Beta 3 Frid. Oct 1 4090; Progesterone 50

As for progesterone...I still have bumps/swelling on my poor bums. I think I'll also go the full 12 weeks since due to my age my hormone production factory is not as active. icon_lol.gif But I can manage now that I'm injecting every other day.

Today I did feel the site I injected two days ago itch. I was thinking of applying aloe vera but I'm not sure if that is allowed. As you said stakes are high - dont want to mess anything. What are you doing for your itch?

Jewel 

#52 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 01 October 2021 - 07:22 PM

Congratulations on the consistent doubling. Are you booked for an ultrasound now?

My treatment for my itchy progesterone is to complain to my husband. :o I do 2ml daily, what do you do?

#53 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:53 PM

Ha ha ha... Husband has a lot to deal with. You have made me happy. Since he was removed from injection duty I guess his job now is to listen. LOL

My progesterone in 1ml per day... well it was per day until Wednesday. Now it is 1ml every two days. Plus crinone (vaginal) twice a day everyday.

Jewel 

#54 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:56 PM

Utrasound booked for October 14th along with more bloodwork and review with doctor. Another 2 week wait...!

Your FET was 3 weeks before mine so I am behind you in all steps.

Jewel 

#55 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:05 PM

Had a few days in a row with no morning sickness to the point I was starting to get worried, then felt crummy all weekend. Yay

Already starting to squirt out of my skinny jeans, I'm sure more due to bad food choices than the pregnancy. So hard not to snack on my kid's junkfood. :o

#56 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:46 PM

Hallo Cotton - so glad the morning sickness is back! The things we celebrate in this journey are amazing. I find when I dont feel the "heartburn" sensation I panic as well. But the heartburn is not severe so havent bought the tums as yet. I also checked with my doctor yesterday and she said I could take those.

I developed an itch (in those places :-)) and I read that thrush etc is common along with reaction to progesterone. Luckily I had some canesten cream in the house which I started to use yesterday and it seems to be helping. The nurse at the clinic says canesten cream is fine during pregnancy. 

Jewel 

#57 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:10 AM

Infections in general are more common in pregnancy. I wasn't exaggerating when I said everything is a pregnancy symptom.

I developed yeast during stims for my egg retrieval and the RE had me do cream too.

#58 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:48 PM

Hallo Cotton - just checking in to see how you are doing. I dont remember what the next steps are for you but hope everything is well.

Jewel 

#59 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:15 AM

Good luck today. I hope they see a nice strong heartbeat and no other drama.

No news on my end. Morning sickness is going away. It went away around this time previously. OB appointment next week. During covid they space appointments more. I should get a blood pressure cuff and urine dipsticks so I can do my own blood pressure and urine ketones. Couldn't hurt since I'm getting up there in age.

#60 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:15 PM

All the best with the OB appointments next week. I guess getting some of the tests done at home is a good idea. You can monitor what is possible at home and stay calm.

As for me - my news is not good unfortunately. Pregnancy is supposed to be at week 7 today but it was measuring at week 6 and there was no heartbeat. 

Transfer Sept 13

Beta 1 Mon. Sept 27: 777 at 14/15dp6dt. Progesterone 37.3

Beta 2 Wed. Sept 29: 1916; Progesterone 43

Beta 3 Frid. Oct 1 4090; Progesterone 50

Oct 14, Ultrasound: Only measuring at week 6 instead of expected week 7. No heartbeat. Progesterone dropped to 17.

Jewel 

#61 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:21 PM

I'm sorry Jewels. That is very hard news.

#62 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:39 PM

I'm sorry Jewels. That is very hard news.

Thanks - very hard news. I will go back for a second ultra sound next week and then we will see what to do.

Jewel 

#63 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:06 PM

Did they say why the progesterone dipped?

Are you going to cycle again or are you done?

#64 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:50 PM

I'm not sure why the progesterone dipped. By the time those results came out I was already at home and so didnt speak to the doctor herself.

During the consultation after the ultrasound, the doctor said I could have a slow pregnancy which is why she booked for a repeat ultra sound next week. I will know for sure after next week.

And yes, I will cycle again

Jewel 

#65 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:37 PM

The limbo is f*cking awful.

If it makes you feel any better, miscarriages have a better prognosis than BFNs.

#66 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:37 PM

The limbo is f*cking awful.

If it makes you feel any better, miscarriages have a better prognosis than BFNs.

Cotton - I cant understand this second sentence.What do you mean by miscarriages have a better prognosis than BFNs?

Jewel 

#67 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 02:53 PM

If you've had miscarriages in the past you are more likely to be successful in a future transfer than if you've only had BFNs.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/29040570/

#68 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

If you've had miscarriages in the past you are more likely to be successful in a future transfer than if you've only had BFNs.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/29040570/

OK I understand now - thanks. 

Jewel 

#69 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:26 PM

Jewels how are you doing?

#70 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 09:18 PM

Cotton - I'm OK. I'm still pregnant, no cramping. no spotting, no bleeding. Still having mild heartburn and slight nausea. I know these symptoms are from the progesterone but in the meantime I'm talking to my baby telling them to grow quickly and be strong so that everyone can hear a heartbeat on Wednesday. biggrin.png The scan last week had a yolk sac but no embryo was visible and like I posted, no heartbeat. But I'm reading blogs about women who had slow growth, no heartbeat at the first ultrasound but things got to normal later.  

Have you had your OB appointment yet? Did you check your pressure?

• hopefuldadsomeday likes this

Jewel 

#71 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:55 PM

There is hope if your RE says there is hope. Maybe the embryo hung out for a few days before implanting.

My appointment is Thursday. Just taking it one day at a time.

#72 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 03:42 PM

Cotton - I'm OK. I'm still pregnant, no cramping. no spotting, no bleeding. Still having mild heartburn and slight nausea. I know these symptoms are from the progesterone but in the meantime I'm talking to my baby telling them to grow quickly and be strong so that everyone can hear a heartbeat on Wednesday. biggrin.png The scan last week had a yolk sac but no embryo was visible and like I posted, no heartbeat. But I'm reading blogs about women who had slow growth, no heartbeat at the first ultrasound but things got to normal later.  

Have you had your OB appointment yet? Did you check your pressure?

So here is my update - I did go for the follow-up ultrasound today followed by a discussion with my Dr. The results were almost the same as last week - there is a sac, a yolk but no embryo, no fetal pole and no heartbeat. At some point the embryo must have stopped growing. So I didnt get the miracle I had prayed for.

The Dr said I stop all medication and wait a week to see if the body will abort / initiate a miscarriage. After a week, if nothing has happened I'll need to take those abortion pills and I have read the cramping with them is brutal. The Dr also prescribed tylenol 3 and said I make sure to take the tylenol before I take those pills. I'm very fine today but if I have to take those pills I dont know how I will be. 

And I will cycle again (I have just gotten 4 donor embryos!!).

Thanks to everyone who has read my posts. This is going to the end of posting and updating for me - this is goodbye.

- hopefuldadsomeday all the best to you and your wife with this pregnancy.

- Cotton all the best with your OB appointment tomorrow and with the pregnancy. And thank you for encouraging me all the way.

Jewel 

#73 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 11:51 AM

I'm sorry you didn't have better news Jewels. I hope you have success with the donor embryos. If they came from a cohort that resulted in a live birth they have better than average odds. We got 8 embryos from our one egg retrial and 2/2 transfers have been pregnancies. It is sad they are not genetically your's but hopefully the upside is live births.

Baby was fine at my appointment and the SCH is smaller. I can exercises again. There was no sign of the nabothian cyst or isthmocele so that was a "fun" red herring. Placenta is posterior for the first time. Doctor tried to sell a vbac but I know I will go past dates again and I'm not willing to risk the induced vbac so tentatively the plan is a scheduled C at 39 weeks. Prior failed induction is a risk factor for failed vbac.