• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 06 August 2021 - 11:04 AM

Hi everyone. I put IVF and FET in the same thread because traffic seems low on the board lately.

We are transferring an embryo from a batch that resulted in our baby girl last year. Went in for the first lining check today. Trying the estrogen patch this time instead of pills. Had some drama with baby girl's delivery and ended up with a c section so that is causing some anxiety, but already had a sonohistogram and the scar is only 1mm. How two low anterior placentas with both my natural and IVF pregnancy so I am worried about placenta issues. Due to return August 16. Last time I was able to start progesterone after the 10 days of estrogen.

Sorry about the novel.

• Mildred01 likes this

#2 Alpha80

Alpha80
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:Cancer

Posted 10 August 2021 - 04:54 AM

I hope everything goes well for you! Wishing you all the best.

#3 JoHealth7788

JoHealth7788
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 15 August 2021 - 11:52 PM

Wishing for your success! Share your experience here.

#4 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 11:54 AM

Hey Jo, are you cycling now? Thanks for the good wishes Alpha.

Lining check was great (my body likes and responds to the meds). Transfer scheduled for Monday. I have to remember to start my progesterone on the right day. Already asking for requisitions for betas to minimize my clinic visits.

#5 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 07:10 AM

In case anybody is following and/or turning this into my personal blog (LOL)

Aug 23rd was embryo transfer. RE casually reported he saw an isthmocele from my c section and announced I need a repeat c section. I can't help but think he flubbed the saline sonohistogram, which he did months prior where he raved about my "beautiful" uterus. He did not feel the need to explain the discrepancy. Felt implantation hours later.

5dp5dt - clear BFP on home pregnancy test

7dp5dt - darker BFP

10dp5dt - 177 (tested at lifelabs 2 days early because of the 3 day weekend, Saturday when I was supposed to test everything is closed and everything was booked up Friday)

13dp5dt - 653 (nurse at clinic convinced me to drive an hour each way and come in Sunday because Thursday to Tuesday is too big of a gap)

If I had remembered Labour Day weekend I would not have transferred Monday. Oh well!

Not happy with my RE. Already reached out to midwives and my family doctor to try to graduate out of clinic ASAP. Started shopping for a doula but I am reluctant to put down a deposit if I'm an automatic repeat c section. Don't see the point of having a doula.

These are the lowest betas I've ever had but I feel the sickest. Almost threw up last night. Never threw up prior 2 pregnancies. 

• Daisy.Eriksen and melissa87 like this

#6 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:36 PM

Cotton - congratulations and how are you doing? How is the nausea?

Hope you dont mind me joining your thread. I'm cycling and I'm actually on cycle day 10 with my lining check tomorrow at 7.30am. I should be in a September group but I didnt see any.

My story so far - 2020 Sept transfer, miscarried Oct 12 2020; Started 2nd Cycle Dec 31 2020 which got cancelled on January 14th 2021 as my lining was 0.72 (Dr wanted the lining the lining thicker). Went on the BCP the same month (Jan 2021) hoping to get ready for a March transfer but developed Pulmonary Embolism diagnosed Feb 2021 - cycle cancelled. So after 6 months on blood thinner I am trying my fourth cycle attempt.

Jewel 

Jewel 

#7 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 08:43 AM

Was the PE from the estrogen? That is brutal.

Thank you for the company. I still have nausea, it comes and goes.

I pulled a Karen yesterday and walked out of lifelabs because I stepped off the elevator and there was a line of half a dozen people standing in the hallway and she didn't want to honour my appointment time. I got my 3rd beta done somewhere else but might not have the result until tomorrow morning.

#8 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 02:17 PM

Sorry about the long lines at lifelabs and the challenge with your appointment. All the best with that 3rd beta result. It should come out as perfect and doubling! banana.gif

As for the PE - I believe it was from all the hormones yes - I kept asking the Dr about the risk and even had her check me for  DVT. So I guess was I right to be worried. My protocol always starts with BCP (to prime uterus for at least two months), then estrogen and then estrogen and progesterone combined five days before transfer. The PE diagnosis was brutal (I was on BCP at the time) - I wept alot. I wonder whether other women on here have gotten blood clots (PE or DVT) from all this IVF therapy.

BUT here I am trying again! My lining check today was perfect - 1.09cm. So I started progesterone oil today. 2nd lining check on Sunday. Transfer on Monday 13th.

Jewel 

#9 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 02:30 PM

That's a great lining. Mine was 0.8 when I started progesterone.

#10 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 02:18 PM

My beta was cancelled. Either not enough blood was drawn or the lab screwed up. Might do a science experiment and see if my clinic notices.

#11 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 10:13 PM

My beta was cancelled. Either not enough blood was drawn or the lab screwed up. Might do a science experiment and see if my clinic notices.

What kind of science experiment are you planning?

Jewel 

#12 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 09:34 AM

What kind of science experiment are you planning?

My clinic is very disorganized and I doubt they would have noticed the MIA 3rd beta. Anyway I asked for an ultrasound. We'll see how that goes but I am seeking an early departure from them because the flubbed sonohistogram damaged my trust in my RE.

#13 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 08:00 PM

Good luck tomorrow Jewels. Are you testing at home?

Do they still have you take BCP? I've never been on it for anything.

#14 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:00 PM

Hallo Cotton - how are you feeling? Hope the nausea is down. And all the best with the ultra sound. Do you have a date yet?

Thank you for the best wishes! I am excited I have you 'monitoring me" and sending me best wishes.

My update:

Sept 12: Sunday: Had my pre-transfer lining check, it was still 1.09cm and progesterone levels were good. I celebrated by going into a lingerie shop and getting myself a beautiful bra! All the while telling myself it will stop fitting me shortly. biggrin.png

Sept 13 (today): Embryo transfer happened as planned - no problems, no pain.... but no shopping today except I got two muffins from Coffee Cultrue to celebrate. I took a bumpy bus & taxi ride home and worried the embryo might pop out!

BCP - no I dont have to take those. I stop on day one of my cycle (1st day of my period) and go on Estrogen/Estrace pills.

Jewel 

#15 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:41 AM

With my daughter, my successful IVF pregnancy before this one, I pushed her brother in a stroller two long subway stops the day after the transfer to save on bus fare. lol Just try to take it easy.

Had a beta yesterday through a new clinic. It was 7009. That is way below the normal values provided by the lab and not quite doubling every other day according to my math but betabase says its ok. I have an ultrasound Wednesday through the new clinic while old clinic took it upon themselves to schedule an ultrasound for me (they've never done this before). I've put myself in a very awkward position, I don't want to double bill OHIP but I don't want to burn bridges either.

It's so nice just to go into a store, isn't it? I haven't been to a bookstore in ages.

#16 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:22 AM

You are very funny.... but you know I was doing the exact same thing yesterday... taking the bus in order to save on taxi fare! But half way through the journey, the second bus didnt come so I took a taxi for the second part of the trip home. :-) 

I really hope you work out the clinics situation - it is important to be comfortable. I am glad the beta numbers are high and all the best with the ultrasound tomorrow.

Question: How are you managing with progesterone in oil injections? I seem to be getting swellings/welts and today I put an icepack (well frozen peas in a snack bag is my ice pack!)

BOOKS: I borrow from the library - I have two books on the go which will keep me company during this TWW.

Jewel 

#17 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:50 AM

I'm on progesterone in castor oil this time. Last time I was on a different kind of oil, it came in a brown bottle but I don't remember what kind, I seemed to have way more problems with that one. I was close to asking for a different form of progesterone because it was getting hard to find a spot that wasn't hard and angry.

My situation with my old clinic is an unfunny Seinfeld episode. I got into an email chain with the old RE where he was emailing me back and forth from his blackberry where I know he has at least 10 patients waiting for him, probably closer to 20. He ended up saying he should not have told me I need a c section because the saline sonohistogram is more accurate, but it still leaves me wondering what he saw during the transfer. He doesn't slow down and explain anything. If I just blow him off, assuming I don't have to come back for another FET, I bet he will forget the incident. Every time he sees me he asks me for the reason for the c section. He has the memory of a motor cycle accident victim. It would be funnier if he wasn't my doctor. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-029.gif

#18 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:43 PM

Cotton I really hope that clinic doctor/situation gets sorted out. You are correct the way you tell the story is funny but we have to be serious because it is your doctor we are talking about and we want the best for you.

AFM today is technically day three following transfer (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) I thought it was longer biggrin.png. Nothing much to report except lower back ache yesterday and part of today. I even googled to see if lower backache is a pregnancy sign! 

I am wondering whether I can go grocery shopping ... and I also need to get progesterone in oil refill. I am too terrified to leave the house though.

Jewel 

#19 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:34 AM

Literally everything in the universe is a pregnancy sign. I've googled them all. I've been fooled several times too, even after being really pregnant so you would think I would know.

Mild activity is safe. Make sure you get enough meds to last until your beta. What progesterone oil are you on? If you are not tolerating the injection at all, there is a vaginal option.

I didn't get the ultrasound yesterday. I kept asking for a clinic with an in house radiologist and they pointed me in the direction of one, but they can't accommodate me until well into October, so I will probably show up at my old clinic once again. I don't know if I will wait 2 hours to see the old RE (he always runs late, esp on weekends). The OB at the new clinic says they won't be able to see much regarding the placenta location this early anyway. I do need to confirm it is an intrauterine pregnancy and that there is no SCH. If everything is good, I might move the 2nd ultrasound further back and it can be the nuchal translucency ultrasound.

#20 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:56 AM

https://joyoflifesur...gnancy-symptom/

Here is my current random pregnancy symptom.

#21 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:16 PM

That random pregnancy symptom amused me - cold feet!

Today I decided to do an experiment as well:

Experiment 1 PROGESTERONE: I'd heard on the SHER clinic videos that the thigh is also muscle packed. One can do the shots there but the nurse said it was more painful. I decided to try my thigh muscle today. I loved it because I could see all I was doing and didnt have to twist and turn or look in the mirror. So far no pain, no swelling. I will see tomorrow.

My progesterone is the clear type - I'd never read the box but your question led me to the box. It is actually the one in sesame oil! I also take the vaginal progesterone Crinone 8%. The crinone is 2x a day. I ordered refills today - will get them tomorrow and will have enough till my beta on 27th. But I think when I go the pharmacy tomorrow I will also get the home pregnancy test.

Today is day 4 following day 6 FET (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday ...yeah!)

I saw you tested at day 5 and day 7. Maybe I will copy you. What is SCH? All the best at the old clinic with the ultrasound. Good idea to get it done instead of waiting until October.

Experiment 2 BLOOD THINNER: I am on injections Fragmin® (Dalteparin) which I'm told are safe for pregnancy. I usually inject in the tummy area but the nurse said anywhere with fat is fine & he pinched his arm. So today I injected in the arm!

Jewel 

#22 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:33 PM

Truthfully I am pretty sure my butt injections are not hitting muscle. I think the needles are too short and I am too fat. I don't stress about it because I had a successful pregnancy doing the same thing before. Are you doing your own shots? My husband got fired last pregnancy because he stabbed me like he was trying to kill a vampire. The sesame oil sounds familiar, I think I reacted way more to that one. I had so many angry lumps I had a hard time finding a comfortable position to sleep, although over time my body seemed to stop reacting so strongly. Maybe that's what's happening this time and it has nothing to do with the oil.

With the day 5 test, if it is negative you're not necessarily out. I tested at day 4 with my daughter and it was negative. She had higher betas too.

Subchorionic hemorrhage is basically a blood collection under the placenta. I had one last time, they are more common in IVF pregnancies. Usually they resolve on their own but they can cause bleeding or miscarriage, esp big ones.

The clotting issue must be really stressful. I have an acquaintance who was anti-coagulated her whole pregnancy because she had a DVT before. They took her off her meds and gave her a 48 hour window to deliver. I was so sure she was screwed and going to have a c section because she wasn't dilating but she dilated the last night on the oxytocin while sleeping peacefully with the epidural and baby came out in only a few pushes.

If you sit at a desk alot maybe you should look into getting one of these:

https://www.amazon.c...496226711&psc=1

#23 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:31 AM

I left my clinic without the ultrasound. I had been waiting 45 minutes and noticed nobody was being called for ultrasounds and that an inordinate number of patients were coughing. The main waiting area was almost full to capacity, so probably 30-40 patients. I asked how much longer for the ultrasound and they said at least an hour. So this would be like 2 hours past my appointment time. I almost left without meds but fortunately I called my husband to bitch to him about it and he reminded me.

I don't mean to be mean, but I haven't had a cold in 2 years with these lockdowns, I have no idea how people are sick, they must be licking subway poles and elevator buttons. The staff should be asking coughers to leave, but if I was already thousands of $$ into my cycle I would probably try to sneak in too.

I think I must have killed a nurse in a past life and I am being punished.

• hopefuldadsomeday likes this

#24 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 02:43 PM

I left my clinic without the ultrasound. I had been waiting 45 minutes and noticed nobody was being called for ultrasounds and that an inordinate number of patients were coughing. The main waiting area was almost full to capacity, so probably 30-40 patients. I asked how much longer for the ultrasound and they said at least an hour. So this would be like 2 hours past my appointment time. I almost left without meds but fortunately I called my husband to bitch to him about it and he reminded me.

I don't mean to be mean, but I haven't had a cold in 2 years with these lockdowns, I have no idea how people are sick, they must be licking subway poles and elevator buttons. The staff should be asking coughers to leave, but if I was already thousands of $$ into my cycle I would probably try to sneak in too.

I think I must have killed a nurse in a past life and I am being punished.

Cotton I am so so sorry. I know you did not kill a nurse in the other life. It is important to take care of our health and to try and keep away from being sick. Staying in the same room with a lot of coughing people in this day and age is very scary. 

You mention subway poles... are you a Toronto person?

Jewel 

#25 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 04:49 PM

AFM - I tested today (home based kit). I did have a second line (a faint one but it is there). So my test is positive. But since I was positive last year too but miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks I am too scared to celebrate. 

Jewel