• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Faith81

Faith81
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 August 2021 - 01:40 PM

Hello, everyone! I am 40 years old female with two ivf cycles behind. I had a fresh transfer in the first cycle with a BFN as a result. Then I had a second fresh transfer in the second cycle-still BFN. I am in the preparation right now for the FET. My doctor recommends 2 embryos for the transfer ( these are the only embryos we have, no PGT done) considering my age and negative outcome after the previous transfers. My concern is my bicornuate uterus. I am looking for any advice on the number of embryos that should be transferred. Should I transfer one or two, but if both embryios implant that would probably mean a very risky pregnancy.

#2 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 12:42 AM

This is very interesting, I'm giving this a follow. I hope everything goes well!

#3 Faith81

Faith81
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:07 AM

Thank you, Jerbitts! I've got a second opinion from the doctor in my home country and she is definitely recommends to transfer only one. I don't know which advice to follow.

#4 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 62 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 05 August 2021 - 11:43 AM

Faith if you are not comfortable with a twin pregnancy don't transfer both. The doc doesn't have to live with the outcome; you do. Transferring two is for people who are losing energy to keep doing FETs but that doesn't sound like you.

#5 Faith81

Faith81
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 03:35 PM

Thank you, Cotton, but I have some moments when I have a mood "what a hell am I doing". Estrogen pills and patches make me a total nerves wreck.

#6 JoHealth7788

JoHealth7788
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 15 August 2021 - 11:50 PM

I agree with Cotton, just keep your head up and hope for the best.

#7 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 32 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 06 September 2021 - 11:07 PM

Hallo Faith - I agree with the other ladies. Only do what you are comfortable with. 

I'm also in the high risk category and my doctor said she doesnt want to transfer two embryos. She says there are so many other risks and issues the body is dealing with during pregnancy and so she doesnt want to subject the already over stretched body to dealing with two or more babies.

Plus I miscarrried at five weeks means which means I still have one more embryo to use. Had I transferred both I would maybe have lost both embryos which would have been devastating for me. 

All the best.

Jewel