1 reply to this topic

#1 Beibing

Beibing
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 27 July 2021 - 05:56 PM

Hi!

Last Friday I went for my first US and the doctor said I should be 5 weeks and 4 days but there was nothing to be seen. He assumed it was an ectopic pregnancy and asked me to do a new hcg test two days later. Since the levels were still doubling we had another US yesterday but already had scheduled an appointment to administer methotrexate on the same day. Turns out at the US there was a small sac in my uterus that was not that before, but by then I was supposed to be 6 weeks so there was supposed to be much more.

It seems like its probably not viable and I am trying to let go and focus on next steps but I am also very confused.

My HCG and the sac seem to match in development but they are far behind what they should be considering the date of the transfer. In a natural pregnancy it would be assumed that I had a late ovulation and everything could be fine, but that doesnt work with ivf.

Is it possible for the embryo to have a late start and to grow steady now or is it doomed?

Transfer was of a 6AB hatched on cycle day 17. First hcg 14 days later was 244, two days later it was 537 and an extra week later 1687, two more days 2481 (that means 23 days after transfer). US was done 21 days after transfer and again 3 days later.

#2 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 94 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:29 PM

Any chance it was a natural pregnancy?