1 reply to this topic

#1 Pink_Peonies

Pink_Peonies
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Gynem

Posted 14 July 2021 - 10:36 PM

We live in a small-ish town in the US with limited health care providers. We chose IVF abroad because it was an overall better option.

After our 1st FET, we returned home for the 2WW. My wife of 38 years old called the local (& really Only) women's clinic at the 2 week mark for a pregnancy blood test.

They told her they were very opinionated about IVF abroad. They added that they wouldn't see her before 8-10 weeks anyway.

That FET didn't take so we moved on. Fast forward 6 months and We we just returned from our 2nd round.

This one took (confirmed through quantitative hcg bloodwork)! Now at almost 7 weeks, We're super excited but nervous due to age.

We called that same clinic to tell them we got a positive blood test and tried scheduling a visit for our 8-10 weeks. They called back and had logged our previous call and all the information. They asked, "was this pregnancy conceived the natural way or via IVF and was it IVF abroad?"

When my wife said IVF abroad, they said they wouldn't treat any out of state IVF patients.

Is this legal?

#2 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 15 July 2021 - 04:15 AM

That is an a-hole move but I think it is legal. Can you find a family doctor who will do prenatal care or a midwife? Once your wife is in full blown labor or having an emergency the hospital can't turn her away, that would be illegal. Good luck.