8 replies to this topic

#1 Ania

Ania
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 13 July 2021 - 09:46 AM

Hi everyone :-)

I have DOR and did egg freezing at a Vancouver clinic last year (PCRM).  Due to my DOR (age 37 at the time; AMH - 2 pmol), I only retrieved one egg. I went through the process by myself - I was really upset.

I was put on birth control and then put on micro dose flare - highest meds.  I am considering trying again, perhaps with a growth hormone.  DHEA seems to be successful for some people but the literature is not convincing. 

I am now 38; and I was hoping to hear what has and hasn't worked for you and any advice. I am wondering if I should even try freezing again. Although the prognosis seems grim, I cannot help but think, "what if..."

Thank you.  

#2 CharlieIVF

CharlieIVF
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:20 AM

I am more of a fan of mini-stim when we have DOR vs full stim.  A mini-stim would be less intrusive on your body and easier on your wallet.  I would look into that with your doctor.  It only takes one! Good luck! 

#3 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 62 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 13 July 2021 - 04:08 PM

I have also heard mini stim is good for DOR. If drugs won't cause you to superovulate, there is no point pouring thousands into them. Some clinics have packages where you can do 2-3 back to back for the same price as a regular IVF cycle. Embryos freeze better than eggs and you can PGS test them so you will have more info to work work with. That would of course require the male component, either your SO or a sperm donor.

#4 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:26 PM

DHEA did nothing for me in terms of number of eggs retrieved but gave me the most side effects out of any other medication I took.

#5 Ania

Ania
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 09:10 AM

Thank you!  My RE does not seem to be a fan of less drugs.  Last cycle, I was on max doses - did not make a difference.  I also think that putting me on birth control was a bad idea.

There are conflicting studies about the use of DHEA, but when you are desperate for a better result, you cannot help but think what if?

My RE thinks that omnitrope may help.  

#6 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 388 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 14 July 2021 - 11:25 AM

Hi Ania - I don't have any medical advice but wanted to share support for the "what if" part. Know you are not alone when strugling with that.  I did for many years. I put myself through a lot. I tried many different treatents and tests many of which i knew no matter what the result I would probably still not proceed successfully.  But i wanted to know I had done everything I could and had all the information and would never wonder what if. 

So i understand how you feel.  and in the end only you will know how you feel about trying again or not.  Try to take time to feel it out and let youself feel whatever you need to feel and hopefully you will be able to come to peace with any deicsions you make. 

Good luck!

#7 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 14 July 2021 - 11:53 AM

Hi, I am sorry you are going through this. I agree with you there is conflicting data about DHEA and mesotherapy treatment to ovaries. Although a friend of mine did the latter in my clinic, and got pregnant. Good luck!

#8 Ania

Ania
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 12:03 PM

Happyfrog - thank you:-)  Which clinic are you at?  Where can you do mesotherapy?  

#9 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 62 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 July 2021 - 08:36 PM

Ania I think you are right about the BC! It is definitely worth your time to find an RE who specializes in DOR.

I have moderate DOR, was not suppressed, had a great cycle. PM me if you want the name of my RE