High first 2 HCG numbers and a week later not doubling properly. - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

High first 2 HCG numbers and a week later not doubling properly.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SharonA

SharonA
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:58 AM

Hi. I there anyone out there who has had a similar experience to me, which resulted in a healthy pregnancy or a loss.

4 weeks 3 days: 760

4 weeks 5 days: 2100

5 weeks 5 days: 6070

I had very little bleeding and cramps at 5 weeks and 3 days (just once and no more bleeding after that), so the nurse scheduled me for a blood test to ease my mind I guess. Well, it did the opposite as the numbers aren't where they are supposed to be! I'm worried and not scheduled for an ultrasound for another week.

#2 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:43 PM

Your lab should have a set of normal values to interpret the numbers. The doubling time starts spacing out the further along you are i.e. the increase in HCG slows down.

Looks normal to me:

https://www.verywell...egnancy-2371287

#3 SharonA

SharonA
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:30 PM

The numbers are within the normal range. But the doubling time is off. Even when considering doubling time starts spacing out the further along I am, it's not doubling properly. I've had a miscarriage and chemical pregnancy, so I'm nervous with my numbers. I really hope it's ok...

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

#4 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:37 PM

I think the ear;y over achiever is going to level out faster. I don't really consider myself out of the woods until the anatomy scan in the 2nd trimester. Unfortunately extra pregnancy anxiety is part of the infertility package; knowing we can't hop into bed and make a replacement. I think the best thing you can do is try to distract yourself to burn time.

#5 SharonA

SharonA
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:28 PM

I hope that's whats happening (with the early over achiever). It's what I'm trying to convince myself lol. 

And I totally agree with not being out of the woods until the anatomy scan in the second trimester. I guess there's always something to worry about until we hold our healthy babies in our arms. But passing the anatomy scan is a big sigh of relief. I wish you good luck! 

#6 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:43 PM

Sharon when is your test?

#7 SharonA

SharonA
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:00 AM

I have my ultrasound tomorrow morning! I've been pretty good all week, but I'm going to be so nervous tomorrow morning. It was at this point that we had the miscarriage last time... 

#8 SharonA

SharonA
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 02:05 PM

I had my scan this morning. The ultrasound technician said according to my transfer date, I'm measuring 6 weeks, 1 day. (According to google I thought I was 6 weeks, 6 days). My doctor's secretary then called me with my results. I am measuring a little behind (5 weeks 4 days) which didn't concern her. I then asked about my beta results and she had told me that my doctor wasn't too happy to share that information as it will just worry me, and it would be unnecessary worry as they base their information regarding viable pregnancies from ultrasounds and not hcg levels. She did share the number with me which was in the low 7000s. And my doctor was right! That did worry me!! I am going for another ultrasound next week. Wow! What a rollercoaster ride this is. 

#9 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 07:26 PM

That is nerve racking Sharon. I hope it turns out ok. I'm sure a week feels like a million years right now.

#10 SharonA

SharonA
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 08:50 AM

Its really nerve racking! I've actually lost faith in this pregnancy. Even though the doctor made it clear not to focus on the numbers, its hard not to. In 8 days not even close to doubling, makes me feel this pregnancy is not looking good. It's hard for me to sleep at night, hard for me not to constantly think about it. This week will definitely feel like a million years. I'm really sad. I just want to know and move on. 

#11 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 213 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 28 June 2021 - 07:17 AM

How did the ultrasound go? Hope everything went well!

IUI- tried 4 times with no luck

IVF #1-Dec 2015. Transferred one day 5-BFP. Baby boy arrived Aug, 2016

FET #1-Aug 2018 transferred one day 6-BFN

FET #2-Nov 2018 transferred two blasts- BFN 

IVF #2-April 2019 retrieved 37.....15 embryos are now frozen.

FET #3-July 2019 transferred 1 4aa BFN

FET #4-Nov 2019 transferred two day 5- Miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET #5 April 2020 transferring 2 day 5 embryos- 4bb 3bb

#12 SharonA

SharonA
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:48 PM

The follow-up ultrasound did not go well. Nonviable pregnancy was confirmed. 

I was totally prepared for these results, so I'm ready to move on to our next cycle.

Thank you for asking!

#13 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 213 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 07 July 2021 - 08:29 PM

So sorry to hear this, I wish you the best of luck in your next cycle. Hugs

IUI- tried 4 times with no luck

IVF #1-Dec 2015. Transferred one day 5-BFP. Baby boy arrived Aug, 2016

FET #1-Aug 2018 transferred one day 6-BFN

FET #2-Nov 2018 transferred two blasts- BFN 

IVF #2-April 2019 retrieved 37.....15 embryos are now frozen.

FET #3-July 2019 transferred 1 4aa BFN

FET #4-Nov 2019 transferred two day 5- Miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET #5 April 2020 transferring 2 day 5 embryos- 4bb 3bb