2 replies to this topic

#1 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • Just Hatched
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:27 PM

Hi , 

My clinic refuses allow me to start a protocol for DE IVF (lupron shot followed by estradiol protocol) because I have a resdiual 11 mm follicle /cyst in the ovary found two weeks ago on ultrasound. Can anyone help me understand, is this really a problem, or the clinic just does not want to treat me? I paid the deposit and the clinic is in Cancun, so I am terribly stressed about their demands to do another ultrasound after 2 weeks that an 11 mm follicle was found. I feel like they will just come up with something else after another ultrasound. 

#2 JoHealth7788

JoHealth7788
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:49 PM

That is interesting, I never heard of this. I'm wondering why wouldn't they explain it to you.

#3 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3332 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:48 AM

Hi , 

My clinic refuses allow me to start a protocol for DE IVF (lupron shot followed by estradiol protocol) because I have a resdiual 11 mm follicle /cyst in the ovary found two weeks ago on ultrasound. Can anyone help me understand, is this really a problem, or the clinic just does not want to treat me? I paid the deposit and the clinic is in Cancun, so I am terribly stressed about their demands to do another ultrasound after 2 weeks that an 11 mm follicle was found. I feel like they will just come up with something else after another ultrasound. 

I would assume that a residual follicle can mess with your hormone levels which would risk the cycle and limit the success rate.