• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:09 PM

I had a baby in the fall of 2019 and ended up having a c section defect that leaked fluid into my uterus. In Jan of 2021 it was shaved down surgically and now I dont have fluid in my uterus. In March of 2021 I transferred two embryos and did not have a clinical pregnancy. In April I transferred 1 and it looks like that will fail too (although I dont know for sure). I have 8 embryos remaining 4 created just after I turned 31 and 4 created just after I turned 33. I did not test them so the failures could be because of the embryos, but I dont want to waste anymore if there is an issue. If my beta next week is negative Ill go back and talk to my RE when I get my period. Im willing to transfer again but i am wondering what testing others have done ? Prior to a transfer after repeat failures? I did a Matris before this transfer and scored 8.5 out of 10, I dont know what else I should ask about. Im willing to do another egg retrieval if needed as I trim 34 in September and want to give myself the best chance of success but obviously Id rather these embryos work.

#2 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:57 AM

I just asked a nurse if my doctor did ERAs and apparently she doesnt is that weird?

#3 SD11

SD11
  • Global 100+
  • 199 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:21 AM

Melissa - some clinics say that an ERA doesnt make a difference but others are willing to do them if it gives the patient peace of mine. I know my clinic in Burlington is willing to do them but they also advised it hasnt changed their positive outcomes by much. An outside facility actually runs the test so your clinic should be able to arrange for one to be done for you.

Some things you can look into for implantation are: endo scratch and embryo glue.
April 2017 - IVF #1 - 2 embryos
June 2017 FET #1 - BFN
Sept 2017 FET #2 - BFP!
Sept 2019 - IVF #2 - 2 embryos
Sept 2019 - FET #3 - BFN
Aug 2020 - FET #4 - BFN
Oct 2020 - IVF #3 - 4 embryos
Dec 2020 - FET #5 - BFN
March 2021 - FET #6 - BFP!

#4 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:47 AM

Oh thanks Ill look into both of those things! I may not need an era but its hard not to wonder

#5 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:01 AM

Wow, I didn't know about this until now.

#6 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 487 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:30 AM

I am sorry about your negative Melissa.

I think you can thaw and PGT test your embryos if you are worried about their quality. I have heard of other women doing that but may depend on the clinic.

I would also suggest looking into the endomeTRIO test by igenomix. It is a biopsy that tests three things.
ERA - how many days of progesterone do you need. I dont know if this is your issue since you have gotten pregnant but it might be interesting.
EMMA - tests endometrial biome.
ALICE - tests for chronic endometrial infection.
I think those second two tests could be helpful especially after your surgeries. Although you did have a good Matris score so maybe not. Could be interesting. It basically looks at good and bad bacteria in your uterus. Treatment is antibiotics followed by vaginal probiotics so you could just do the treatment rather than the test if your doctor is okay with that.
The test and treatments would probably put you behind two to three cycles.

Good luck!

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#7 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:13 AM

Thanks Daisy! I hope you are doing well ! I will def ask about the Emma and Alice test . I havent heard of that so seriously thanks!

I am sorry about your negative Melissa.

I think you can thaw and PGT test your embryos if you are worried about their quality. I have heard of other women doing that but may depend on the clinic.

I would also suggest looking into the endomeTRIO test by igenomix. It is a biopsy that tests three things.
ERA - how many days of progesterone do you need. I dont know if this is your issue since you have gotten pregnant but it might be interesting.
EMMA - tests endometrial biome.
ALICE - tests for chronic endometrial infection.
I think those second two tests could be helpful especially after your surgeries. Although you did have a good Matris score so maybe not. Could be interesting. It basically looks at good and bad bacteria in your uterus. Treatment is antibiotics followed by vaginal probiotics so you could just do the treatment rather than the test if your doctor is okay with that.
The test and treatments would probably put you behind two to three cycles.

Good luck!

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#8 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:06 PM

I have an extremely long history of repeated failures and early miscarriages, even with tested embryos. In the end what worked is an RE who paid very, very close attention to all the details. For me, I found that from Dr. Hannam. Hes my complete hero. Just thought Id mention it. Best of luck. I know how frustrating it is.

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#9 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 05:56 AM

I have an extremely long history of repeated failures and early miscarriages, even with tested embryos. In the end what worked is an RE who paid very, very close attention to all the details. For me, I found that from Dr. Hannam. Hes my complete hero. Just thought Id mention it. Best of luck. I know how frustrating it is.

Thanks thats encouraging Im actually looking for a second opinion from him!

#10 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 727 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:15 AM

Our first FET failed despite a decent lining (for us) and genetically normal embryo.  We did a ERA a test and found out my wife needed an extra day of progesterone.  Our second FET was successful despite a thinner lining.

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

#11 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:38 AM

I am sorry to know about your failed treatment.  Your next treatment will depend on the reasons why there was no implantation. If egg quality is the issue, you might consider doing RPR (mesotherapy to ovaries). If aneuploidies are the matter, PGS NGS might be the best treatment for you.