37 with low AMH - Hannam, Trio or Anova? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

37 with low AMH - Hannam, Trio or Anova?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jemy

Jemy
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:IVF Canada

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:34 PM

Hi, am 37 with endometriosis and low AMH. Had one successful ivf that ended in miscarriage and two failed FET. Looking to try a self funded cycle as one last attempt. We are considering Hannam, Trio or Anova. Is the additional cost of IVF at Hannam justifiable? Or is there any other place we should consider? Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am completely lost and feel hopeless at this point.

#2 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 211 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:56 PM

Hi Jemy, I completely understand the challenges with trying to figure out where to go for treatment. I went to Anova for my first 3 rounds of IVF and switched after my 3rd and went to Hannam. I am WAAAAY happier. At Anova I was over-surpressed during my last cycle causing me to be on stim medications for 18 days (which is insane and painfully expensive), the result in the end was terrible. The laboratory is way better at Hannam. Since they are part of CCRM (Colorado Centre for Reproductive Medicine) and are part of a consortium of clinics, there is a lot of great research and best practices shared. I see Dr. Garbedian and I've really liked her. I did my 5th retrieval yesterday and although I have DOR and didn't get too much, I am super happy with my result. You have to be prepared however for Hannam to be more expensive. I was impressed that they sent you cheques when you paid but didn't need something or use all the $ (for example, you pay for assisted hatching, but your blast hatches on its own). Happy to answer any more questions you might have! Don't have any experience with Trio.

• Misskika007 likes this

Me: 40 DH: 41

Low Ovarian Reserve

Round #1

IUI Feb 2015 BFN

IUI with injectables Mar 2015 BFP!!! DD born Dec 2015

Round #2

Started TTC April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017 BFN

IVF #1 - 13 retrieved, one PGS normal embryo, March 2018, BFN

IVF # 2 - 11 retrieved, two PGS normal embryos, July 2018, BFN, Dec 2018, BFN

IUI #2 - March 2019, BFN

IUI #3 - June 2019, BFN

IVF#3 - 10 retrieved, one mosaic embryo, Nov 2019, BFP, MC 8 weeks +2

Switched Clinics

IVF #4 - 9 retrieved, two PGS normal embryos, June 2020, BFN, August 2020, BFN

IUI #4 November 2020, BFN

IUI #5 January 2021, CXN due to no growing follicles

IVF #5 April 2021 - 5 blasts (untested), 2 transferred, BFN

#3 Jemy

Jemy
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:42 PM

Thank you BabyforQ. The information you've shared is definitely valuable. Cost is definitely a limiting factor. But at this point, we are more concerned with the results

#4 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 379 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:15 PM

I started my journey at TRIO and switched with Hannam and was also VERY happy.  To be honest at the end of the day although I am sure there are some basic differences when it comes to treatment, I really think it comes down to 2 major factors.  The doctor and the clinic itself.

There really isn't a magic potion for fertility but some doctors are more attentive, caring, responsive.  

TRIO was always a total shit show when I was there. They had WAY too many patients at a time. The wait times were so long, there was no personal care, you barely saw your doctor and when you did they really had no idea who you were and what was going on with you.

Because Hamman is more expensive, they tend to not be as busy.  They created a very calm experience for me.  Everyone there was so nice and genuinely wanted to help and see you have a happy ending. For me, having a less stressful experience was worth every extra penny.

Anova was started by Dr Bentov, who was my original DR at TRIO - and he was awful.  Rude, rushed and not at all concerned for me, including when he told me my baby had no heartbeat. 

Happy to answer more questions if you have any. 

• Misskika007 likes this

#5 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 207 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:11 AM

Hey Jemy- also same situation. Super low AMH/DOR and endometriosis. Went through two other cycles at other clinics that were miserably unsuccessful, decided to try Hannam as our last hurrah. Had a consultation with Dr Garbedian and she very much impressed us. DOR, endometriosis and estrogen issues are her speciality. Long story short, Im 33 weeks pregnant now. I def got lucky with my cycle with her- we only did one retrieval, got one blast that happened to be euploid and that embryo is now this little guy kicking my pelvis. But she pulled out all the tricks and really understood how high estrogen can impact so many parts of the IVF process. She also really focused on egg quality vs quantity which was the approach that I happened to need. She was so supportive through the whole process, just such a better experience than any of the other clinics I tried. Even though they are pricier, it was worth it for us. Also second their lab quality! Wishing you a lot of good vibes for your upcoming cycle.

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#6 Jemy

Jemy
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:19 PM

Thank you Elle22 for your inputs. Sorry about your experience with Trio. I faced the exact same situation and I can totally understand the feeling. The doctor casually mentioned the baby has no heartbeat at the 10th week scan and didn't even look at me. My whole world was shattering around me and she wasnt even there with me :(

#7 Jemy

Jemy
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:22 PM

Thank you Misskika007 for your inputs. Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishing you safe and happy times with your little one.
Thank you all for your valuable time and honest opinions. I am going to set up an appointment with Hannam and see how it goes.

#8 Jemy

Jemy
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:22 PM

Thank you Misskika007 for your inputs. Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishing you safe and happy times with your little one.
Thank you all for your valuable time and honest opinions. I am going to set up an appointment with Hannam and see how it goes.

#9 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 01:21 PM

Just adding I also see Dr Garbedian at Hannam and she is wonderful. She can be tough and direct sometimes, but i prefered the no bullshit approach.  If you can see her I'm sure you will be happy.  Good luck with your journey!

• Jemy likes this

#10 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:28 PM

I also just set up an appointment with them. Does anyone know how hard it is to transfer embryos from another clinic ?

#11 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:40 PM

I transfered my embryos from TRIO to Hannam.  It's an easy process (although I was so nervous the day it happened, hoping they would be ok).  The clinic will help you arrange it.  At the time, I don't think Hannam had any fees - but TRIO changed an admin fee to process it.

I also just set up an appointment with them. Does anyone know how hard it is to transfer embryos from another clinic ?

#12 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:41 PM

I transfered my embryos from TRIO to Hannam.  It's an easy process (although I was so nervous the day it happened, hoping they would be ok).  The clinic will help you arrange it.  At the time, I don't think Hannam had any fees - but TRIO changed an admin fee to process it.

Thanks !

#13 JoHealth7788

JoHealth7788
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:46 PM

This is a great discussion, thank you for sharing your thoughts.