Side effects of estrogen and progesteron? - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Side effects of estrogen and progesteron?

ivf FET estrogen progesteron

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vicky.Sheeny

Vicky.Sheeny
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Praga Medica

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:17 AM

Before the frozen embryo transfer I have to take estrogens and 5 days before progesteron. How is it working with the body? Has this medication some side effects?

#2 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 479 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 01 April 2021 - 08:35 PM

Estrogen is used to thicken your uterine lining and mimic the first half of your cycle. It will also prevent ovulation. Side effects can include headache and nausea. If taking it vaginally, there can be some discharge.

Progesterone is used to mimic the second half of your cycle and prepare your lining for transfer. Side effects can include fatigue, breast tenderness, constipation, headache. If taking it vaginally, there can be discharge. If taking it as an injection, there can be some soreness around the injection site.

Good luck!

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#3 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • 82 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:58 PM

Estrogen is used to thicken your uterine lining and mimic the first half of your cycle. It will also prevent ovulation. Side effects can include headache and nausea. If taking it vaginally, there can be some discharge.

Progesterone is used to mimic the second half of your cycle and prepare your lining for transfer. Side effects can include fatigue, breast tenderness, constipation, headache. If taking it vaginally, there can be discharge. If taking it as an injection, there can be some soreness around the injection site.

Good luck!

I agree with this. Good luck with your journey!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ivf, FET, estrogen, progesteron