What is the most important criteria for choosing the donor for you? - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What is the most important criteria for choosing the donor for you?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vicky.Sheeny

Vicky.Sheeny
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Praga Medica

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:16 PM

I have already decided to take a donor instead IVF with my own eggs. And now, of course, I doubt about chosen criteria. What is your opinion? What is important for you??

#2 bobs77

bobs77
  • 56 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:46 PM

Hi...we are a indian couple n its not easy to get an Indian egg donor in Canada...so we got a Spanish egg donor who looks very much Indian...now our boy is 13 months old...apart from looks we looked for healthy family background.

#3 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • 77 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 28 March 2021 - 08:10 PM

It is interesting to hear all your thoughts on this. What a great thread.

#4 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 213 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:49 AM

Hi Vicky, 

I am also using donor eggs and found myself looking at certain features with the donors...it might sound vain of me but I wanted a donor that didn't have any defining or distinctive features. My reasoning is that if my child ended up with the same feature I was afraid I would only see the donor (not that we aren't appreciative of the donor and will share everything with any children we are blessed with). My husband and I both have pretty "plain" features so we wanted to stick to that! I am not very particular on the hair/eye colour because I have dark hair and eyes and my husband is fair with blue eyes and blond hair. Our main concern with any donor we were interested in was their background and genetic screening. We also decided on proven donors as the first two donors (that we ended up with no embryos on Day 5 with) were first time donors. There is a Donor & Surrogacy Buddies thread that I found super helpful and supportive...you should check it out!

TTC since 2012

Me: 40 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN