1 reply to this topic

#1 II.LadyV.II

II.LadyV.II
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 12 March 2021 - 09:22 PM

Hello everyone!

I recently went to a very reputable fertility clinic in my city and was diagnosed with unrepairable blocked fallopian tubes and upon starting my first day of stims they also let me know i had DOR (33 year old female) Upon Stim day 1 I have 6 on my right and 4 on my left. I am currently on day 5 of my stims and was told i have 1 leading follicle on both sides and another potential 2 follicles that may catch up. I was quite disappointed by this news and have sat down with the doctor who let me know i was not responding as well as thought, he was going to continue with this first cycle but told me this seemed to be my only shot. I was taken off guard, and suggested perhaps a second try at this, a second cycle with a higher stim dosage. He said it was not guarantee that may yeild any better results and could be a waste of time, we should just hope for a healthy embryo from this first cycle.
I completely broke down as this was not the news i ever expected to hear, and was taken very off guard by his approach. My husband and I have known other couples to become pregnant in similar situations through increasing the stim medications or adjusting dosages as need be etc.. at least trying past the first cycle. I am not a professional but I just feel very let down my doctor wont try or give it a thought considering it is only the 1st cycle. Has anyone had such a situation and have you sought other opinions?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this 💛

#2 jtstan

jtstan
  • 69 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 14 March 2021 - 08:50 AM

Hi there, a little bit of a late response...I’m so sorry about this disappointment! What dosages of medications are you on? Did you start the cycle off of birth control or estrogen priming? Do you know your AMH? Depending on a number of factors it may be a one off or it may be the best response you can do. The only way to find that out though is to cancel the cycle and cut your losses on the cost of medications thus far, but then save the massive bulk of cost of IVF retrieval and work done in the lab. If you have a fertility doctor unwilling to then try you on max doses (generally accepted as 450 units FSH containing meds per day) then I would definitely be concerned. They can guide you but you also have a right to take the lead in cancelling your cycle or converting to an IUI...it’s your money!