Has anyone had a cycle where they weren't able to reach follicles?! - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone had a cycle where they weren't able to reach follicles?!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:09 PM

I am going to be starting my 3rd IVF cycle in a couple days.

My last cycle my body finally cooperated. I had 13 good sized follicles but when they went into retrieve them it was only safe to take out 3. Only 2 fertilized and neither made it to blast.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? My first cycle because of the location of my ovaries they had to go in through my stomach as well but this past cycle it wasn't safe to get most of them out.

Hoping someone else had something similar but then had a positive outcome the next try :)

#2 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:00 AM

Hey! So I sort of had this- I have a lot of scarring from endometriosis that makes everything a bit inflamed. They made me do an enema and take a laxative the day before retrieval to try and make everything easier to access. It worked somewhat but they still couldnt access 1 follicle. I ended up with cervical stitches from all the probing lol. Hope you have success the next time!

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#3 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for responding! My doctor has asked me to take a couple enemas leading up to the retrieval. I just saw you are due in June. Congratulations!!!! Hoping this will be our cycle that works since it's our last try. :).

(We have 2 kids that were successful IUIs on the first try but I was younger).

#4 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • 82 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:08 AM

Hey! So I sort of had this- I have a lot of scarring from endometriosis that makes everything a bit inflamed. They made me do an enema and take a laxative the day before retrieval to try and make everything easier to access. It worked somewhat but they still couldnt access 1 follicle. I ended up with cervical stitches from all the probing lol. Hope you have success the next time!

This is interesting, but I hope the author has better experience.

#5 marymary2021

marymary2021
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:42 PM

I am going to be starting my 3rd IVF cycle in a couple days.

My last cycle my body finally cooperated. I had 13 good sized follicles but when they went into retrieve them it was only safe to take out 3. Only 2 fertilized and neither made it to blast.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? My first cycle because of the location of my ovaries they had to go in through my stomach as well but this past cycle it wasn't safe to get most of them out.

Hoping someone else had something similar but then had a positive outcome the next try smile.png

Hey My last cycle my body finally cooperated.  also I had 11 good sized follicles but when they went into retrieve they only got 1 and it didnt mature ... :( felt terrible didnt get any explanation to why from the doctor ..... im assuming i ovulated or something with the medication was to strong for my body .. 

• Xalo3 likes this

#6 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:45 PM

I am really sorry that things didn't work out for you :(. I had my retrieval yesterday and things did go better this time. I had to take fleet enemas the 2 days leading up to the retrieval but I think they did help.

Will you be trying again?

#7 marymary2021

marymary2021
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:28 AM

Yes in 3 weeks starting a new cycle with a new doctor hoping for the best 

• Xalo3 likes this

#8 Xalo3

Xalo3
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:26 PM

Yes in 3 weeks starting a new cycle with a new doctor hoping for the best 

I hope things go well!! Im hoping for great day 5 results on Saturday so that they can complete the PGT testing.